View Full Version : This Hawk is going to take the East by storm

dirkdiggler41
11-23-2020, 05:51 AM
PG: Trae Young
SG: Bogdan Bogdanović
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: John Collins
C: Clint Capela

If you look at what the Rockets were able to do with Harden, just imagine what this team can do in the east with Trae. How are you stopping him?

But defense? Who cares, it is the east and regular season

Baller789
11-23-2020, 06:15 AM

If you look at what the Rockets were able to do with Harden, just imagine what this team can do in the east with Trae. How are you stopping him?

You got it right. Its the East, who cares.

Come playoff Harden tho... Lol

GreatHILL
11-23-2020, 09:50 AM
the hawks will definitely blow out the mavs when they play.

KOBEtherealKing
11-23-2020, 01:06 PM
Ill be surprised if they win 40 games. I think they’re the new magic. Still suck but will get in because well it’s the East. :confusedshrug:

TheGreatKabuki
11-23-2020, 01:07 PM
You got it right. Its the East, who cares.

Come playoff Harden tho... Lol

Sac can match Bogdan and I am not sure that team has the perimeter quickness to defend teams like Boston, Toronto, Miami and Milwaukee. I actually like Charlotte more.

Proctor
11-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Gallinari is overrated, disappears in the playoffs, and is due to get injured. And they're his injury away from complete irrelevance. I like what they're doing but they need a lot more.

Derka
11-23-2020, 01:27 PM
They might just fight for an 8th seed.

insight
11-23-2020, 03:24 PM
The Hawks lost John Collins for 25 games due to suspension lost Huerter early due to injury, started two rookies, Cam Reddish and Hunter and had no backup point guard on the roster last year until they traded for Teague. This team will easily make the playoffs as long as they have time to get some chemistry. Gallinari , Rondo, are experience, and depth, Snell Dunn are depth with upgrades defensively.

Doranku
11-23-2020, 03:32 PM
Gallinari is overrated, disappears in the playoffs, and is due to get injured. And they're his injury away from complete irrelevance. I like what they're doing but they need a lot more.

Yup, when you've got an upcoming star like Trae on a rookie contract, you gotta do better than paying 40 mil/year for Gallinari + Bogdanovic.

Gallinari in particular is just horrible. 20+mil for a 32 year old who has made the playoffs 4 times in his career, lost in the first round each time and averages a whopping 15/5 on 38% in those games. Dude is the definition of fool's gold because he's a 6'10 forward that can shoot.

insight
11-23-2020, 03:45 PM
Yup, when you've got an upcoming star like Trae on a rookie contract, you gotta do better than paying 40 mil/year for Gallinari + Bogdanovic.

Trae may not even end up being there most impactful player, Cam Reddish has the talent and skill to be more impactful 2 way player then Trae. They have young talent already in John Collins, Hunter and Huerter and Cam they need veterans who can show them how to win and compete in the playoffs. It would be a big mistake to add one max contract star right now when your team doesn't have enough depth to compete.
It's the same model Golden State used when they drafted Steph, Klay and Draymond and then surrounded them with veterans.

fsvr54
11-23-2020, 04:31 PM
Trae may not even end up being there most impactful player, Cam Reddish has the talent and skill to be more impactful 2 way player then Trae. They have young talent already in John Collins, Hunter and Huerter and Cam they need veterans who can show them how to win and compete in the playoffs. It would be a big mistake to add one max contract star right now when your team doesn't have enough depth to compete.
It's the same model Golden State used when they drafted Steph, Klay and Draymond and then surrounded them with veterans.

This guy knows.

Cam is SPECIAL.

999Guy
11-23-2020, 04:34 PM
Dunn is the best perimeter defender in the NBA at this point. Generational talent of that end.

And Solomon Hill is just okay.

They’ll be probably the 5th seed with good health.

Damn good offense, up and down defense.

light
11-23-2020, 04:34 PM

This is akin to having Paul George on your team. The Hawks are doomed.

fsvr54
11-23-2020, 04:39 PM

He's like the 3rd/4th option

Axe
11-23-2020, 07:31 PM
To early for the projection but i hope they exceed expectations

MrFonzworth
11-23-2020, 07:51 PM
I hope they do well, I'm a fan of Collins and Capela

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 07:54 PM

Yeah, but you still have to out score the other team. This team has offensive talent, but they aren't some super team offensively. They will be absolutely horrendous defensively, though. They might fight for the 8th seed, but they sure as hell aren't going to be winning like the Rockets. This is all besides the fact that Young's impact isn't even close to what Harden's is in the first place.

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 07:55 PM

Gallinari in particular is just horrible. 20+mil for a 32 year old who has made the playoffs 4 times in his career, lost in the first round each time and averages a whopping 15/5 on 38% in those games. Dude is the definition of fool's gold because he's a 6'10 forward that can shoot.

...you realize this is the Atlanta Hawks, right? This isn't the Los Angeles Lakers where EVERYBODY wants to go. You aren't getting top tier free agents to come to Atlanta. It's the same reason a team like the Hornets overpaid Hayward...because you have to if you want any type of all star level player to come play in these markets. If you actually want to keep someone like Trae Young in a market like this you have to start improving and winning or he is definitely taking his services elsewhere.

insight
11-23-2020, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but you still have to out score the other team. This team has offensive talent, but they aren't some super team offensively. They will be absolutely horrendous defensively, though. They might fight for the 8th seed, but they sure as hell aren't going to be winning like the Rockets. This is all besides the fact that Young's impact isn't even close to what Harden's is in the first place.
You haven't been paying attention. Capella is one of the best defensive centers in the league, he hasn't played for Atlanta yet. Cam and Hunter were good defenders last year as rookies and they will improve. They added Kris Dunn who is a premier defender, drafted Onyeka Okongwu who is the best defensive big in the draft. They have decent defenders in Rondo and Snell.
Atlanta is not built like Houston, Atlanta will rely on the pick n role with Collins and Capella if you try to double Trae or bring help they have shooters now who can hit the open shot and make you pay. Last season Atlanta was the worst 3 point shooting team in the league.

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 08:51 PM
You haven't been paying attention. Capella is one of the best defensive centers in the league, he hasn't played for Atlanta yet. Cam and Hunter were good defenders last year as rookies and they will improve. They added Kris Dunn who is a premier defender, drafted Onyeka Okongwu who is the best defensive big in the draft. They have decent defenders in Rondo and Snell.
Atlanta is not built like Houston, Atlanta will rely on the pick n role with Collins and Capella if you try to double Trae or bring help they have shooters now who can hit the open shot and make you pay. Last season Atlanta was the worst 3 point shooting team in the league.

lol Capela would need to become David Robinson defensively for him to mean anything. I'm pretty sure the Rockets got BETTER defensively after getting rid of Capela and going small ball. Unless you have a Rudy Gobert impact you don't mean jack shit defensively anymore as a big man unless you are capable of switching and moving your feet at an elite level. Capela isn't.

ZenMaster
11-23-2020, 08:54 PM

Crazy how fast these brand new teams are built, looks fun though.

Hakkim90cc
11-23-2020, 09:06 PM
Trigga Trae for MVP!!

insight
11-23-2020, 09:13 PM
lol Capela would need to become David Robinson defensively for him to mean anything. I'm pretty sure the Rockets got BETTER defensively after getting rid of Capela and going small ball. Unless you have a Rudy Gobert impact you don't mean jack shit defensively anymore as a big man unless you are capable of switching and moving your feet at an elite level. Capela isn't.

I have no idea what your talking about. Rudy got owned in the play off series when he went against Capella and you are using him as an example of dominant play. :facepalm
By the way Capella was injured the majority of last season and Houston wouldn't have him for the playoffs which is why he was traded. Do you really think Houston was a better defensive team without a healthy Capella?
What you said is the exact opposite, the problem with Capella was on the offensive end , they were looking to open up the lanes for Westbrook to drive, Capella has no perimeter game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffWBm3lBM1c

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 09:29 PM
I have no idea what your talking about. Rudy got owned in the play off series when he went against Capella and you are using him as an example of dominant play. :facepalm
By the way Capella was injured the majority of last season and Houston wouldn't have him for the playoffs which is why he was traded. Do you really think Houston was a better defensive team without a healthy Capella?
What you said is the exact opposite, the problem with Capella was on the offensive end , they were looking to open up the lanes for Westbrook to drive, Capella has no perimeter game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffWBm3lBM1c

He's not a significant game changer and this team will be in the bottom 10 defensively.

insight
11-23-2020, 09:40 PM
He's not a significant game changer and this team will be in the bottom 10 defensively.

We will find out but claiming he is not a good defender is bogus.

insight
11-24-2020, 10:22 PM
Sacramento did not match the offer for Bogdan Bogdanovic. The Hawks are pretty deep and should be much improved. They have offense and defensive shooting a playmakers. They just need to put it together.

Jasper
11-25-2020, 11:16 AM
hawks have never had a bench , and they still don't

Kiddlovesnets
11-25-2020, 11:23 AM
Let em try to make the playoffs first before jumping to the hype train shall we?
:facepalm

NBAGOAT
11-25-2020, 11:47 AM
dont expect the hawks to be great defensively but this is way too much shooting and talent around trae not to be a top 10 offense. that's the 8 seed in the east pretty clearly imo unless prime john wall is back somehow

insight
11-25-2020, 12:15 PM
hawks have never had a bench , and they still don't

You sound silly. Shooting and bench depth was the focus of the offseason and mission accomplished. Gallinari, Rondo, Dunn and Snell Huerter, Hunter Okongwu makes a great bench.

The depth chart will most likely look like this
PG: Young, Rondo, Goodwin
SG: Bogdan, Huerter, Dunn
SF: Hunter, Reddish, Snell
PF: Collins, Gallinari, Hill
C : Capela, Fernando, Okongwu

insight
11-25-2020, 12:23 PM
Let em try to make the playoffs first before jumping to the hype train shall we?
:facepalm

Didn't you jump on the hype train when Brooklyn acquired KD and Irving and D Jordan? The Hawks did not acquire top tier stars like the Nets but they definitely added enough talent to be a playoff team.

JohnnyBravo5
11-25-2020, 01:33 PM
Gallenari is going to be the primary scorer on the second unit. Reddish will start at the 3.

jayfan
11-25-2020, 01:42 PM
Intriguing team. They and Portland won the week, in my view. They're definitely positioned to make a move this year.

And if they do get in, you've got Rondo waiting in the wings to steal a series for you.

insight
11-25-2020, 03:20 PM
Gallenari is going to be the primary scorer on the second unit. Reddish will start at the 3.
Cam could easily start based on how he was playing in the 2nd half of the season but I would prefer to see Hunter start and feature Reddish and Gallinari in the 2nd unit. He could anchor the 2nd unit like James Hardin in OKC and close out games in the 4th with the starters. The Hawks have a ton of options now and could tweak the] lineups based on the team they are playing.

insight
11-25-2020, 03:25 PM
Intriguing team. They and Portland won the week, in my view. They're definitely positioned to make a move this year.

And if they do get in, you've got Rondo waiting in the wings to steal a series for you.

I really like what Portland did. Covington was a huge get along with some other really good depth signings. They will be in the hunt, that's for sure.

Kiddlovesnets
11-25-2020, 06:43 PM
Didn't you jump on the hype train when Brooklyn acquired KD and Irving and D Jordan? The Hawks did not acquire top tier stars like the Nets but they definitely added enough talent to be a playoff team.
Tbh I didn’t jump on the hype train, the team has a lot of flaws actually. But I enjoy witnessing my team becoming a top destination for free agents, it means more to us than just Irving and Durant signing up. It’s a long term process, and there’s a reason why Marks ain’t trading Irving for Harden.

tanibanana
11-25-2020, 08:03 PM
I smell 6th~7th spot at East playoff seeding. They improved, but they won’t be better than Bucks, Heat, Celtics, Philly and Nets.

ralph_i_el
11-26-2020, 10:23 AM

They could make the ECF into he east?

jayfan
11-26-2020, 11:50 AM
I really like what Portland did. Covington was a huge get along with some other really good depth signings. They will be in the hunt, that's for sure.

Yep. If I had to name one team as winner of FA, it would be Portland. Nothing crazy, nothing flashy, but precise additions of pieces they've needed. If they can finally get healthy for once, with what they've added, they're a legitimate threat in the west for the first time.

insidehoops
12-09-2020, 04:15 PM
Blazers were nice.

But Hawks may have a pretty large turnaround.