PDA

View Full Version : Brad Wanamaker agrees to deal to join Golden State Warriors

LeCola
11-23-2020, 09:15 AM
Free-agent guard Brad Wanamaker has agreed to a one-year, $2.25 million deal to join the Golden State Warriors, his agent, Steve McCaskill, told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30361878/brad-wanamaker-agrees-deal-join-golden-state-warriors

As a Fenerbahce fan it seems a good signing for both Gsw and Wanamaker. I think there is no way he could be a starter or 6th man, however he would probably a valuable bench player. I expect his role close to L. Barbosa.

Regarding to his Fenerbahce/EL days;

Strengths:

- He was very strong for his height. He is 6-3 (190cm), 210lb (95kg).
- He was very good on defence, he could defend other positions. Obradovic was using switch defence very often and Wanamaker was good on it.
- He could score on isolation with both attacking to rim and on mid-range.

Weaknesses:

- He signed Fenerbahce when Bogdan Bogdanovic left. Most of the fans disappointed for his performance. He was not a clutch player/leader like Bogdan.
- His basketball IQ/playmaking ability was not good. Gsw/Kerr uses lots of off ball screens/runs, I have some concerns about that.
- He seemed he was underestimating Fenerbahce, fans mostly blamed him for that reason. He could have ego issues. However, he will probably accept his role in Gsw.