Pelinka (should be back to back executive of the year at this point) did this:

OUT:

Rondo
Dwight
Javale
Cook
Green

In:
Dennis Shroeder (6th man of the year candidate)
Montrez Harell (6th man of the year)
Marc Gasol
Wes Mathews

Re-signed:

KCP
Markief
AD (soon)

Got younger, faster and used everything he had in his disposal to perfection. PELINKA IS THE GOAT. A+ Offseason.

Trollsmasher
11-23-2020, 01:36 PM
A++

Matthews - Green swap is a wash at 20% of the price
Schroder >> Rondo (who is only getting older and quite unlikely to repeat the bubble mirage shooting)
Retained the most important guys in KCP and Kieff
Gasol >>> JaVale (actually has brain, won't clog the lane)
Trez > Dwight overall (who is also getting older and is no guarantee to stay healthy) and the Lakers have personnel to cover up some of his shortcomings

KOBEtherealKing
11-23-2020, 01:39 PM
A-

Wanted to keep Dwight

AirTupac
11-23-2020, 01:40 PM
A-

Wanted to keep Dwight

Rumblings that Dwight was interested in having more touches and the Lakers did not want to change his role. Pelinka is smart. A+ avoiding an upset player. Gasol fits the bill better as a defender. And Montrez is feasting on smallball with AD/Kief/Gasol

Goldrush25
11-23-2020, 01:46 PM
Rumblings that Dwight was interested in having more touches and the Lakers did not want to change his role. Pelinka is smart. A+ avoiding an upset player. Gasol fits the bill better as a defender. And Montrez is feasting on smallball with AD/Kief/Gasol

Well then he was better off moving on. I give it an A. Only reason I'm not going A+ was because of Rondo leaving. Can't replace that basketball IQ. But Lakers are a better team today than they were to end the season.

AirTupac
11-23-2020, 01:48 PM
Well then he was better off moving on. I give it an A. Only reason I'm not going A+ was because of Rondo leaving. Can't replace that basketball IQ. But Lakers are a better team today than they were to end the season.

But how is that on the Lakers? Rondo went to get his pay. Lakers were smart for not going overboard for a player that breaks his hand every 3 months. Adds to the brilliance of Pelinka. You also got Gasol (championship, high IQ) now as well in lieu of Javale dumbass and Dwight.

8Ball
11-23-2020, 01:53 PM
Would have been an A if they kept Dwight.

Gasol / AD / LeBron / KCP / Shroder

Harrell / Morris / Mathews / Kuzma / Caruso

A-

Gray GOAT
11-23-2020, 02:12 PM
LeGM has done it again. :applause:

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2020, 02:31 PM
D+

They got rid of playoff Rondo who was huge for them. Harrell doesn't stretch the floor or play defense. Marc Gasol is washed up. Dennis Schroder is gay and goes around grabbing peoples nuts.

Goldrush25
11-23-2020, 02:34 PM
But how is that on the Lakers? Rondo went to get his pay. Lakers were smart for not going overboard for a player that breaks his hand every 3 months. Adds to the brilliance of Pelinka. You also got Gasol (championship, high IQ) now as well in lieu of Javale dumbass and Dwight.

It's not on the Lakers. Lakers did about as well as they could've as far as what they could control. I think we're just quibbling over what qualifies as an A+. To get that I think everything has to fall your way.

Kingwillball
11-23-2020, 04:39 PM
A+ considering the amount of $ Lakers had Pelinka used his inner Mamba and has put together a damn good Squad. Hands down favorite to repeat.

8Ball
11-23-2020, 05:03 PM
A+ is reserved for landing big fish like AD. Or Kevin Durant to Warriors offseason, that's A+. Or Miami landing LeBron and Bosh.

Or drafting a player like Scottie Pippen. A+

highwhey
11-23-2020, 05:24 PM
A+ thanks to LeGM. Without LeBron the lakers would still be a dumpster fire with ingram and lonzo as the "pillars" of the team, aka a 20 win team.

alexthegod
11-23-2020, 06:17 PM
A+

The Moves:

Lost to free agency: Bradley, Rondo, Howard
Lost to trades: Green, Mcgee, #28 pick
Cut: Cook

1. Trading Green and the #1 pick for Schoder. Grade A: Took a solid yet overpaid role player (who struggled during the playoffs) and turned him into a 26 yr guard with a complete offensive game. Could be a building block of the future or be a better trade asset than Green. Replaces Rondos role and is more versatile offensively. A step down defensively.

2. Signed Wes Mathews. Grade A+: a slightly smaller version of Danny Green at 3.6 Mil instead of 15 mil.

3. Signed Montrell Harrell. Grade B: I'm not sold on his defense when it matters, but at 9 mil per worth every penny as a sixth man scorer. He wont be on the court when defense matters most.

4. Signed Marc Gasol/traded McGee: Grade A: They need to trade Mcgee to make the Gasol signing happen. Mcgee's role diminished the deeper into the playoff they went until he disappeared all together. They also lost Howard because, well he's Dwight Howard. Filling the void with Gasol on a vet min deal was amazing! He is a 20-25 min guy at this point so they will need to eat up some center minutes with Harrell and Morris during the regular season.

5. Resigned KCP. Grade B: He had his best season yet and is still just 26. My concern is that he has been wildly inconsistent in the Laker career. They desperately needed to fill his spot and there were no other options on the market, a deal that had to be done.

6. Resigned Morris. Grade A++: Valuable role player that can bang with the bigs or step out and hit the three. He can defend multiple positions. all this for the vet min!

Overall they got younger, and more explosive on offense. Gasol and Morris bring the beef in the paint. A team built both for the regular season and playoffs.

A truly outstanding job by Rob Lowe/pelinka!

AirTupac
11-23-2020, 06:33 PM
Awesome post alex.

I think my only disagreement is the Montrez signing. 9 mill is so cheap for someone that was supposed to get something between 15-20 mill even before the bubble. He's an absolute dog who won't be thrown into the trenches to guard Jokic like dumbass Doc did. We become even more versatile than last season with Montrez and it allows us to rest our stars even more. Montrez's value will sky rocket with the Lakers and he'll sign a big deal after this

Tobio-Star
11-23-2020, 06:35 PM
D+

They got rid of playoff Rondo who was huge for them. Harrell doesn't stretch the floor or play defense. Marc Gasol is washed up. Dennis Schroder is gay and goes around grabbing peoples nuts.

Let's not forget we also lost Quinn Cook. D+ is too generous imo

J Shuttlesworth
11-23-2020, 06:35 PM
A+ They upgraded in basically every conceivable way

Shroder is the new younger better Rondo who can shoot more and score more
Gasol > Dwight for the role
Matthews will fill Danny Green's role
Kieff for the minimum
Harrell can score for LeBron when he's on the bench. Would have preferred Ibaka here, but can't have everything
Resigned KCP, kept Kuzma? Win

Tobio-Star
11-23-2020, 06:42 PM
A+ They upgraded in basically every conceivable way

Shroder is the new younger better Rondo who can shoot more and score more
Gasol > Dwight for the role
Matthews will fill Danny Green's role
Kieff for the minimum
Harrell can score for LeBron when he's on the bench. Would have preferred Ibaka here, but can't have everything
Resigned KCP, kept Kuzma? Win

Actually he does better than that. DG cant buy a 3 to save his life

J Shuttlesworth
11-23-2020, 07:40 PM
Awesome post alex.

I think my only disagreement is the Montrez signing. 9 mill is so cheap for someone that was supposed to get something between 15-20 mill even before the bubble. He's an absolute dog who won't be thrown into the trenches to guard Jokic like dumbass Doc did. We become even more versatile than last season with Montrez and it allows us to rest our stars even more. Montrez's value will sky rocket with the Lakers and he'll sign a big deal after this
Another thing to mention is that Vogel will probably get more out of Harrell than Doc was able to. Especially with a less demanding role

Actually he does better than that. DG cant buy a 3 to save his life
I want to be a little charitable to DG, but man he was pretty bad in the finals. Matthews will likely be an upgrade

AirTupac
11-24-2020, 10:09 AM
Another thing to mention is that Vogel will probably get more out of Harrell than Doc was able to. Especially with a less demanding role

I want to be a little charitable to DG, but man he was pretty bad in the finals. Matthews will likely be an upgrade

If Vogel can get Kuzma to go from shit tier to quite decent in 1 season. I think Montrez FOR SURE will be put in amazing situations. He's gonna be a stud with us under Vogel/LeBron/AD.