PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Danny Ainge fussed too much around S&T to get Turner and lost out on ALL

AirTupac
11-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Word is, that Hayward was all ready to take the $100/4yr deal with Indiana.
But Danny haggled over the return. Not agreeing to Turner and McDermott in a S&T.

So how many stars as he let walk for free? LOL

Quote from Loston fans:

A washed up Tristan Thompson and Jeff Teague??? R u kidding me? This is what we have to show for an off season ?? What a disaster!!!

RRR3
11-23-2020, 02:57 PM
Lainge :roll:

Dude is such a coward. Never pulls the trigger.

Doranku
11-23-2020, 03:29 PM
Man... Celtics need to do whatever it takes to retain their draft scouting team. They would be a lottery team if not for hitting constantly in the draft the last few years. Just horrible offseason after horrible offseason.

Good on Tatum for getting that astronomical supermax, but unless another KG/Ray Allen free agency duo decides to join Tatum, he isn't winning shit on that dogshit organization.

bladefd
11-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Good old Celtics screwing up another off-season by not getting anyone! Great for me as a lifelong Lakers fan :pimp:

AirTupac
11-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Good old Celtics screwing up another off-season by not getting anyone! Great for me as a lifelong Lakers fan :pimp:

Its fulfilling af. No Loston fans in here defending Danny Da Retard

GrayGoat
11-24-2020, 12:39 PM
What’s funny is Tristan is better than Myles. They missed out on the trade deadline. They were never going to get anything of value now

NBAGOAT
11-24-2020, 01:09 PM
They don’t like turner that much. He sounds appealing as a rim protector who can space but has a lot of other flaws including being bad in the pnr.

Indiana I think gets hurt more if Hayward was going to agree if ainge worked it out. I really don’t think twin towers(unless one is AD) can work well offensively

Wally450
11-24-2020, 01:16 PM
It is a bad look. Danny is living off that Nets trade. Turner would thrive under Stevens and Danny doesn't get him because he thinks he can swindle other GMs. Came back to bite him in the ass. :facepalm

Derka
11-24-2020, 01:41 PM
I agree with Wally, he's still living on the rep from that Nets trade. His hesitancy comes from needing to win every trade by a country mile and he's missed a lot of opportunities to improve the team because of it.

I wasn't even that wild about the Turner deal because Turner doesn't blow me away; the only thing I like about Turner is that he's already signed for relatively cheap money. I'm okay with Thompson because that's a double-double guy who is a proven commodity on a team where someone else is The Guy. The Ainge miss for this free agency I'm really not happy about is Steven Adams. That's a guy who'd look good in green, would have worked on this team and would have be worth spending a few assets to get.

AirTupac
11-24-2020, 01:45 PM
I agree with Wally, he's still living on the rep from that Nets trade. His hesitancy comes from needing to win every trade by a country mile and he's missed a lot of opportunities to improve the team because of it.

I wasn't even that wild about the Turner deal because Turner doesn't blow me away; the only thing I like about Turner is that he's already signed for relatively cheap money. I'm okay with Thompson because that's a double-double guy who is a proven commodity on a team where someone else is The Guy. The Ainge miss for this free agency I'm really not happy about is Steven Adams. That's a guy who'd look good in green, would have worked on this team and would have be worth spending a few assets to get.

Thats a big miss for sure. I was hoping Celtics didnt land Adams. TT is a serviceable player but he doesnt really move the needle for you guys.

NBAGOAT
11-24-2020, 01:47 PM
Steven adams isn’t a bad player but he’s so overvalued now. Really lost a lot of athleticism and isn’t a great rim protector

TheGreatKabuki
11-24-2020, 02:04 PM
Man... Celtics need to do whatever it takes to retain their draft scouting team. They would be a lottery team if not for hitting constantly in the draft the last few years. Just horrible offseason after horrible offseason.

Good on Tatum for getting that astronomical supermax, but unless another KG/Ray Allen free agency duo decides to join Tatum, he isn't winning shit on that dogshit organization.

What?

They almost made the ECF and would have if Hayward were 100%. They let Horford take big money in Philly, which Philly likely regrets now that they traded him. Kyrie is an odd duck to say the least and has been hurt. Good riddance. Hayward has been injured or playing at less than 100% during his entire tenure with Boston. Meanwhile Ainge has DRAFTED Smart, Brown and Tatum. That is a very good core. He found Theis somewhere in Germany and he has been very solid. We will see how good Pritchard and Nesmith are.

Nesmith was the best shooter in the draft. By a wide margin. Jaylen Brown is 24. Jayson Tatum is 22. They have yet to even reach their respective ceilings. Note: He drafted Tatum after trading the pick to Philly, who stupidly took Fultz and then came back and took the guy he was going to take #1 anyway. That pick ended up being Nesmith.

He recovered from Kyrie by grabbing Kemba and just got out of the contract with Hayward. They lost in the ECF due to lack of bench scoring and veteran help. Now they got Thompson and Teague and Grant Williams is one year more mature. They are likely a 3/4 in the East but by no means are they done or dead.

TheGreatKabuki
11-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Neither Stevens not Ainge wanted Turner according to the Boston media. He plays soft and would not help against someone like Bam or the Greek Freak. Thompson does and is a lot cheaper than Turner's inflated contract.

bladefd
11-24-2020, 06:22 PM
They don’t like turner that much. He sounds appealing as a rim protector who can space but has a lot of other flaws including being bad in the pnr.

Indiana I think gets hurt more if Hayward was going to agree if ainge worked it out. I really don’t think twin towers(unless one is AD) can work well offensively

Turner is better than Tristan tho and much younger

HBK_Kliq_2
11-24-2020, 06:34 PM
He's overpaid anyway. I would rather have Hassan Whiteside.

GrayGoat
11-24-2020, 07:29 PM
He's overpaid anyway. I would rather have Hassan Whiteside.

Or Tristan Thompson

AirTupac
11-24-2020, 07:39 PM
Or Tristan Thompson

Or you know try not to lose 3 stars for nothing...

GrayGoat
11-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Or you know try not to lose 3 stars for nothing...

He missed the deadline period. He wasn’t going to get anything of value now

AirTupac
11-24-2020, 08:54 PM
He missed the deadline period. He wasn’t going to get anything of value now

From another user:

"Which brings us to Ainge...what an idiot! You had the ability to S&t Hayward, for something and instead got nothing. He could have taken in Batum with some Charlotte draft compensation and I’m sure Mitch would oblige instead of stretch waiving Batum and eating all that dead cap. Then Ainge reroutes Batum to Okc into that 27.5m TPE with either some of Charlotte’s or Boston’s draft compensation cause you know Presti wants it all...and that way Ainge creates a 27.1m TPE for him to use in bringing in a disgruntled star on a distressed contract. Instead dude loses Hayward for nothing. Congratulations, you played yourself."

Ainge sucks dude.

Derka
11-25-2020, 11:08 AM
Al Horford. Kyrie Irving. Gordon Hayward. All marquee players. All of them lost with the Celtics getting nothing in return. That's just not a good look at all.

I'm not gonna say Danny Ainge sucks. He just concluded his 16th season as President of BBall Ops. Thirteen playoff appearances, six conference finals, two NBA Finals appearances and one NBA title in that span...during a span of time where the professional game has been dominated by Lebron James, one the five best players in history. That's a better resume than a lot of other people in his job by a wide margin...but it could and should be better.

AirTupac
11-26-2020, 01:03 AM
[Michael] Yes, you’re reading correctly: The #Pacers offer for Gordon Hayward included a 1st rd pick but Cs held out for another starter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/k15ftk/michael_yes_youre_reading_correctly_the_pacers/

LOL o man.

scuzzy
11-26-2020, 04:48 AM
The Indiana Pacers offered the Boston Celtics Myles Turner, a first-round pick and a rotation player for Gordon Hayward last week, a source with knowledge of the negotiations told IndyStar.
“We pursued as hard as we possibly could,” Pacers president Kevin Pritchard said about Hayward via Zoom call with media Wednesday. “If you can add a player that materially improves you, you have to take a shot. ... It hurt a little bit more this time because the feedback was he wanted to be here. We were probably overpaying in the trade but we were willing to try to get a special player. It can't come at a cost that's so debilitating that it doesn't make sense."
The deal fell apart because the Pacers wouldn’t include a second starter instead of a bench player, a source with knowledge of the negotiations said. The Pacers didn’t have any cap space, so it was the only way to consummate the deal.
Celtics president Danny Ainge had his bluff called, but not by the Pacers. The Charlotte Hornets signed the deal to give Hayward $120 million over 4 years and then Ainge wanted to go back to Indiana to negotiate in “good faith” with Indiana.
It was Hayward’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, who pulled the plug on it. Hayward was heading to Charlotte.
:lol

Hittin_Shots
11-26-2020, 04:52 AM
[Michael] Yes, you’re reading correctly: The #Pacers offer for Gordon Hayward included a 1st rd pick but Cs held out for another starter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/k15ftk/michael_yes_youre_reading_correctly_the_pacers/

LOL o man.

They didn't trade for who they didn't want. Big woop airfktard.

LAmbruh
11-26-2020, 05:34 AM
You don't have leverage in a S+T after players opts out.

Pacers made a hefty courtesy offer and Dirtbag Danny got his hand stuck in the cookie jar again

AirTupac
11-26-2020, 01:43 PM

Imagine thinking Ainge had leverage and did good there. Yep good work getting NOTHING for a 3rd star walking away for free. Classic retard Loston fan. Cant even see whats in front of him. Kinda like Ainge.

AirBonner
12-16-2020, 06:11 PM
Ooo Ainge wins again