PDA

View Full Version : Suns signing recap. don't schleep!

highwhey
11-23-2020, 08:09 PM
New signings:
EtwaUn MoORE 37% from 3pt and that was a down year for him
Langston Holloway 40% from 3pt @ 5 attempts :eek:
Abdel Nader 38% from 3pt
Cameron Payne 51% from 3pt (8 games)
CP3 37% from 3pt
Jae Crowder 44% from 3pt

James Jones surrounded Booker with snipers. i hope the vaccine is out so I can attend the Suns championship parade in person :rockon:

https://i.redd.it/sf3d58zjk2161.png

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 08:11 PM
Booker lol. This is the Point God's team now and he'll be the one who gets them into the playoffs.

highwhey
11-23-2020, 08:12 PM
Booker lol. This is Chris Paul's team now and he'll be the one who gets them into the playoffs.

no doubt. CP3 is the chess player, everyone else a chess piece.

RRR3
11-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Crowder shot 34.3% from 3 lol. He got hot on the Heat but that was an aberration. Dude is a huge brick.

highwhey
11-23-2020, 08:15 PM
Crowder shot 34.3% from 3 lol. He got hot on the Heat but that was an aberration. Dude is a huge brick.

his defense is why he was brought it. james jones trying to build a tough culture.

suns finally gonna have some grit that west coast teams don't have.

MrFonzworth
11-23-2020, 08:18 PM
bunch of no names and a washed cp3. 10th seed.

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2020, 08:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1104959254920749056/rYWkM7co_normal.pngDavid Locke (https://twitter.com/Lockedonsports)
David Locke (https://twitter.com/Lockedonsports) @Lockedonsports (https://twitter.com/Lockedonsports)
about 43 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Lockedonsports/status/1331018905523867650)
Top West Over Unders via @ActionNetworkHQ (https://twitter.com/ActionNetworkHQ) - 72 game schedule Lakers 48 wins Clippers 47 Nuggets 43.5 Jazz 43 Mavericks 41.5 Blazers 40.5 Warriors 39 Suns 38 Pelicans 35.5 Spurs 31 Grizzlies 30 Timberwolves 30 Kings 29 Thunder 26 Rockets not included

Odds makers not as optimistic about their championship hopes but I guess 8th is reason to celebrate in Phoenix!

wagexslave
11-23-2020, 08:24 PM

Bitch are you retarded?

wagexslave
11-23-2020, 08:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1104959254920749056/rYWkM7co_normal.pngDavid Locke (https://twitter.com/Lockedonsports)

Odds makers not as optimistic about their championship hopes but I guess 8th is reason to celebrate in Phoenix!

lol Now post their predictions for the Thunder from last year.

highwhey
11-23-2020, 08:25 PM

get used to this face...he's going to ragdoll rudy:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1170423821951619073/2DAEyEVI_400x400.jpg

highwhey
11-23-2020, 08:27 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/14f5fb245e99941bd1e795144ed1ced3/tenor.gif?itemid=8089346

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 08:28 PM
Suns actually weren't as bad as I thought they were. Didn't really watch them play. Twelfth in offense and 17 in defense and five games under .500. Considering the games Ayton missed they should be a playoff team this season. Basically replaced a poor man's Chris Paul (defense and passing) who can't shoot with the real article. Paul is still a top 10 player in this league as far as actual impact.

highwhey
11-23-2020, 08:31 PM
Suns actually weren't as bad as I thought they were. Didn't really watch them play. Twelfth in offense and 17 in defense and five games under .500. Considering the games Ayton missed they should be a playoff team this season. Basically replaced a poor man's Chris Paul (defense and passing) who can't shoot with the real article. Paul is still a top 10 player in this league as far as actual impact.

that's what i've been saying. ayton missed 30 games or so. then baynes went down for some time as well. the team didn't really have any chemistry until the bubble. that's when they found out how to play with each other + oubre was a net negative, bubble highlighted how much better they are without him.

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2020, 08:34 PM

probably the reason their ranked as high as 8th

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2020, 08:36 PM
that's what i've been saying. ayton missed 30 games or so. then baynes went down for some time as well. the team didn't really have any chemistry until the bubble. that's when they found out how to play with each other + oubre was a net negative, bubble highlighted how much better they are without him.

the bubble highlighted them playing on a neutral court with no travel. Real NBA is a lot different sport

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 08:43 PM
PIPM is the best advanced metric right now and Paul was 6th in the league this past season. The top 5: Giannis, Kawhi, LeBron, Harden, Luka. Good company to be in...especially when you are barely 6 foot and 34.

AirBonner
11-23-2020, 08:46 PM
Booker is the 3rd option on that team and just a spot up shooter

wagexslave
11-23-2020, 09:47 PM
the bubble highlighted them playing on a neutral court with no travel. Real NBA is a lot different sport

But the Suns away record was better last year (17-17) than their home record (17-22). Shit, especially Booker always pops off on the road. So traveling wasn't the issue. Literally the only thing that killed the Suns from making the playoffs was Ayton's suspension and the plethora of injuries that always happened at the worst possible times last season. Seemed like there was 2-3+ key injuries all season and so damn many 1-2 possession losses. Every time a few players were ready to come back from injuries a few new players went out. IIRC they only played 1 single game with a full healthy main rotation, the first game of the season. It's hard to get in a groove when the rotation is constantly changing.

Not to mention it was a whole new coaching staff. It takes a while for new coaches to come in and learn how to best utilize each player. They're also a young af team. Their main core hasn't even reached their primes yet. The Suns just upgraded their training facility from the worst in the entire league(Jared Dudley's said so a few years ago) to probably the best most high tech in the league. The construction just completed. The tech they now have access to is going to be a MASSIVE upgrade in player development and team practice, as well as quality of life for players in general which can help improve the culture:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/11/18/phoenix-suns-unveil-nba-first-technologically-advanced-practice-facility-owner-calls-it-special/?sh=23e338a26273

Not to mention the new arena is in process right now of being built, with heavy input from the team, especially Devin Booker. Book notably convinced them to do theater style lighting, which is the type of lighting they have in the arenas he always seems to play best in. So that might even help give him improve his home court play even more on top of having CP3 next to him.

I don't think you understand, this is just a whole new era for this team. It's not the 2010's Suns anymore. You can stay sleeping if you want, but this team was already more competitive than their record indicated last year and they've been improving in so many areas. Barring injuries(knock on wood) I don't see how they're not at least a 5th-6th seed minimum. They're going to be one of the most well balanced teams in the league with good defense, good 3 point shooting, good passing, good mid range jumper presence, and big guys to feed it to who also get a lot of rebounds. As well as significantly improved depth.

NugzFan
11-23-2020, 10:21 PM
True sign of insecurity

Daily reminder threads

NugzFan
11-23-2020, 10:22 PM

What does this even mean?

warriorfan
11-23-2020, 10:24 PM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewc...h=23e338a26273

Not to mention the new arena is in process right now of being built, with heavy input from the team, especially Devin Booker. Book notably convinced them to do theater style lighting, which is the type of lighting they have in the arenas he always seems to play best in.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

AirTupac
11-23-2020, 10:24 PM
True sign of insecurity

Daily reminder threads

Ironic coming from Nugget fans. "WE WON A SERIES THAT PEOPLE EXPECT GUYS!!!"

Shut your ass up ya 5th seed bitch.

highwhey
11-23-2020, 10:35 PM
But the Suns away record was better last year (17-17) than their home record (17-22). Shit, especially Booker always pops off on the road. So traveling wasn't the issue. Literally the only thing that killed the Suns from making the playoffs was Ayton's suspension and the plethora of injuries that always happened at the worst possible times last season. Seemed like there was 2-3+ key injuries all season and so damn many 1-2 possession losses. Every time a few players were ready to come back from injuries a few new players went out. IIRC they only played 1 single game with a full healthy main rotation, the first game of the season. It's hard to get in a groove when the rotation is constantly changing.

Not to mention it was a whole new coaching staff. It takes a while for new coaches to come in and learn how to best utilize each player. They're also a young af team. Their main core hasn't even reached their primes yet. The Suns just upgraded their training facility from the worst in the entire league(Jared Dudley's said so a few years ago) to probably the best most high tech in the league. The construction just completed. The tech they now have access to is going to be a MASSIVE upgrade in player development and team practice, as well as quality of life for players in general which can help improve the culture:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/11/18/phoenix-suns-unveil-nba-first-technologically-advanced-practice-facility-owner-calls-it-special/?sh=23e338a26273

Not to mention the new arena is in process right now of being built, with heavy input from the team, especially Devin Booker. Book notably convinced them to do theater style lighting, which is the type of lighting they have in the arenas he always seems to play best in. So that might even help give him improve his home court play even more on top of having CP3 next to him.

I don't think you understand, this is just a whole new era for this team. It's not the 2010's Suns anymore. You can stay sleeping if you want, but this team was already more competitive than their record indicated last year and they've been improving in so many areas. Barring injuries(knock on wood) I don't see how they're not at least a 5th-6th seed minimum. They're going to be one of the most well balanced teams in the league with good defense, good 3 point shooting, good passing, good mid range jumper presence, and big guys to feed it to who also get a lot of rebounds. As well as significantly improved depth.

i feel like jalen smith may be the biggest surprise next season (relative to our team). there's concerns with his stiff hips, but he checks a lot of boxes as far as talent on both sides of the balls. legit think he's going to be a big contributor. he has to gain a lot of weight still, but his skills are very nice.

wagexslave
11-23-2020, 10:54 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

What's funny?

NugzFan
11-23-2020, 10:58 PM
Ironic coming from Nugget fans. "WE WON A SERIES THAT PEOPLE EXPECT GUYS!!!"

Shut your ass up ya 5th seed bitch.

There is literally nothing correct here. I don’t even know what to say.

wagexslave
11-23-2020, 11:02 PM
i feel like jalen smith may be the biggest surprise next season (relative to our team). there's concerns with his stiff hips, but he checks a lot of boxes as far as talent on both sides of the balls. legit think he's going to be a big contributor. he has to gain a lot of weight still, but his skills are very nice.

Bro the more highlights I watch of his, the more I like the pick. Dude looks like the exact type of big that teams love these days. Can make tough shots from anywhere on the court if need be and can launch 3's regularly. Blocks a lot of shots. Athletic and a great lob target. Should be effective in the PnR. Excited to see how he develops with CP3

wagexslave
11-23-2020, 11:10 PM
What does this even mean?

It means that the "experts" predictions don't mean a damn thing, especially offseason projections. Shit LeBron and AD could literally both get injured for the entire season game 1 and change up their whole list top to bottom.

NBAGOAT
11-23-2020, 11:55 PM
Phx still has to worry because hou is keeping it together for some reason and por got noticeably better too. I like them for the playoffs but comes down to Paul’s health

NugzFan
11-24-2020, 12:03 AM
It means that the "experts" predictions don't mean a damn thing, especially offseason projections. Shit LeBron and AD could literally both get injured for the entire season game 1 and change up their whole list top to bottom.

Right

But it doesn’t prove anything either way

highwhey
11-24-2020, 12:06 AM
Phx still has to worry because hou is keeping it together for some reason and por got noticeably better too. I like them for the playoffs but comes down to Paul’s health

whole damn west stacked af. but suns are schpecial

999Guy
11-24-2020, 12:42 AM
Phoenix is genuinely young.

None of Booker, Bridges, Ayton or Johnson are at peak yet. Probably none even close.

Book’s defense has to come along. With opera singing lighting and CP3 he will be right in between Curry and Klay offensively, but his defensive metrics, holy god, what is he doing out there? CP3 will improve him mentally defensively and I think that’s the biggest thing as far as them. The mentality.

There have been some massive defensive improvements in league history I’m hoping his will come soon.

Ayton is ultra talented. His natural instincts on defense are disappointing but he’s no KAT or anything.

Bridges is a beast already. Easily a winning player and he’s barely had a career.

Suns could be a clear, good-ass playoff team like mid 50’s wins level. Or a level below like OKC was.

999Guy
01-01-2021, 12:46 AM
Suns look like at worst semi-contenders and Chris Paul hasn’t even started hitting layups and jumpers yet. Neither had Booker really.

They have a guaranteed top 10 offense on talent and somehow their defense is by far #1.

highwhey
01-01-2021, 12:54 AM
Suns look like at worst semi-contenders and Chris Paul hasn’t even started hitting layups and jumpers yet. Neither had Booker really.

They have a guaranteed top 10 offense on talent and somehow their defense is by far #1.

Ayton hasn't even clicked on offense yet, he's been fumbling passes, but his defense has been really good. Mikal appears to have made a leap defensively and offensively (he's hitting 3's regularly and form looks way better than last season). He was a good defender last season, but now he's taken it to another level, every night he guards the best wing player and does it great.

But yeah, Book and CP3 are still not in sync. I would love to see what this offense looks like when Book and CP3 start clicking, Ayton too.

Xiao Yao You
01-01-2021, 01:07 AM

they aren't contenders

highwhey
01-01-2021, 01:10 AM
they aren't contenders

too early, but i would say yeah, not contender level yet.

DoctorP
01-01-2021, 02:18 AM
Early record seems promising, we will see

wagexslave
01-01-2021, 07:33 AM
Early record seems promising, we will see

Just gotta stay healthy this time for once(knock on wood). And no suspensions(looking at you, Ayton). A healthy Suns team is a lock for the playoffs this year easily with this improved roster. Last year they should have made it too and missed their chance at it by 1 game after having a revolving door of injuries all year.

But whatever I guess we'll see what happens. I've been let down too many times, so I always expect the worst. But the thing that's so much different about this Suns team is their DEFENSE obviously. They legit might be the best defensive team in the league now, which is crazy. I don't think I've ever seen a great defensive Suns team in my life. And their depth... they basically have 3 6th men. Dudes who could easily be starters on other teams. Cam Johnson, Dario Saric, and the emergence of Cam Payne un-busting himself has been huge.

For anyone who hasn't seen Cam Payne lately and thinks he still sucks, you're in for a rude awakening next time you play the Suns. Dude turned his whole career around through hard work and motivation. He was huge for us in the bubble, and he's already been proving the bubble wasn't a fluke so far in these 5 games. His hustle and confidence scoring has been a treat to watch. Look at him lock out ZION defensively and knock down a 3 on the other end. He's just playing great basketball. What a steal. :bowdown:

https://old.reddit.com/r/suns/comments/kng36n/payne_boxing_out_zion_and_hitting_a_3_on_the/

999Guy
03-06-2021, 02:30 PM
Suns look like a contender at ASB.

Don’t schleep. They rely on their bench a lot which reminds me of the Raps without Kawhi though. May not end well for them.

Stanley Kobrick
03-06-2021, 02:38 PM
how did highway know? good call highway, 2nd seed suns

wagexslave
03-06-2021, 03:06 PM
how did highway know? good call highway, 2nd seed suns

It's not all that surprising if you're a Suns fan who's actually been paying close attention to what this team was building. We knew they had a good amount of potential to play like this if CP3 played as good as he did for the Thunder. And once him and D Book got their chemistry going in this new offensive system of course that was going to become a deadly duo. The defense was already looking solid last year when key players weren't constantly rotating in and out of the playable roster because of the constant injuries. They just had no consistency within their roster last season, but when they did they looked pretty good. And they improved in the bubble due to having the most important players for winning games healthy for the entire bubble, and added Cam Payne... the offense was already looking pretty deep yet they improved the roster greatly in the offseason adding many solid 2-way players.

On top of that, you add the progression of the young guys who's games are only becoming more mature and efficient as time goes on... Booker becoming a solid defender, Bridges becoming a super efficient offensive player, DA becoming a great defender and rebounder, Saric evolving into a legit 6th man of the year candidate, Frank Kaminsky suddenly un-busting himself and bcoming an effective STARTER next to DA in this offense creating matchup issues for a lot of teams, it's been fun to watch. And a of these guys are still scratching the surface of their full potential.

I mean look at what CP3 did for the Thunder last season, look at what seed they finished and how well they played in the playoffs, and this Suns roster is way better than that Thunder roster, so naturally the seed is higher. And Monty Williams has some questionable moments in-game, but dude is unquestionably a great players coach and amazing for the chemistry.

The most surprising part is that we haven't been royally ****ed over by injuries or something yet(pounds on wood hard as ****).

Stanley Kobrick
03-06-2021, 03:06 PM
It's not all that surprising if you're a Suns fan who's actually been paying close attention to what this team was building. We knew they had a good amount of potential to play like this if CP3 played as good as he did for the Thunder. And once him and D Book got their chemistry going in this new offensive system of course that was going to become a deadly duo. The defense was already looking solid last year when key players weren't constantly rotating rosters because of the injuries. And they improved in the bubble due to having the most important players for winning games healthy for the entire bubble, and added Cam Payne... the offense was already looking pretty deep yet they improved the roster greatly in the offseason adding many solid 2-way players. On top of that, you add the progression of the young guys who's games are only becoming more mature and efficient as time goes on... Booker becoming a solid defender, Bridges becoming a super efficient offensive player, DA becoming a great defender and rebounder, Saric evolving into a legit 6th man of the year candidate, Frank Kaminsky suddenly un-busting himself and bcoming an effective STARTER next to DA in this offense creating matchup issues for a lot of teams, it's been fun to watch.

I mean look at what CP3 did for the Thunder last season, look at what seed they finished and how well they played in the playoffs, and this Suns roster is way better than that Thunder roster, so naturally the seed is higher. And Monty Williams has some questionable moments in-game, but dude is unquestionably a great players coach and amazing for the chemistry.

The most surprising part is that we haven't been royally ****ed over by injuries or something yet(pounds on wood hard as ****).
high iq user :cheers:

highwhey
03-31-2021, 09:43 AM
:dancin

GreatHILL
03-31-2021, 10:17 AM
cant wait till the suns piss on utah :oldlol:

Stanley Kobrick
03-31-2021, 10:43 AM
:dancin
:cheers:

Stanley Kobrick
05-02-2021, 11:49 PM
and now they are officially #1 seed. how did highway know? good call, high iq prediction

Naero
06-04-2021, 02:56 AM
Congratulations, OP. :cheers: No inconsiderable feat to eliminate LeBron in any pre-Finals series, much less the first round.

https://i.ibb.co/kS2qtcN/download.png

Most "experts" schlept on the Suns, and they're eating crow now.

LAmbruh
06-30-2021, 11:34 PM
They are who we had no idea they were :applause::applause::applause: