PDA

View Full Version : Buying my first gun soon

jongib369
11-26-2020, 02:01 AM
Finally got my FOID card, planning picking up a Walther PPK, or PPK/S in the very near future. Eye balling some of these.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/884381105

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885236232

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882798189

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ybBtGRCZatQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Anyone here fire it before?

Axe
11-26-2020, 02:03 AM
:cheers:

SATAN
11-26-2020, 02:23 AM
No, I'd personally go for something else.

I would like to point out though that the poster above me is acting like he's ever held a gun in his life. :facepalm

Axe
11-26-2020, 02:41 AM
^
I wish i was actually holding one right now so i could finally blow your ugly ass dickhead off, ya deranged piece of scum. :rolleyes:

I see you're on meth again as usual. Stop it before it's too late.

SATAN
11-26-2020, 02:57 AM
:oldlol:

MrFonzworth
11-26-2020, 06:02 PM
No I never shot a walther ppk because I'm not a prostitute

highwhey
11-26-2020, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20G17K_0ghU&ab_channel=TerraRyzinglives

"i hear them walters like to jump some"

Long Duck Dong
11-27-2020, 03:59 AM
Just a bad choice for a first gun. Unless you plan on concealed carry and want a cool looking piece. Either that or you're a vintage James Bond fan.

.380 is a good back up gun and nice and slim for concealed carry but that's about it. The ammo is usually more expensive than 9mm which is more powerful and it seems like it's one of the first to go out of stock during shortages like right now. The big ammo companies like to concentrate on pumping out .22, 9mm, .40, .45 and 5.56 during high demand times.

The Walther can also be finicky gun as well. Better to stick with a workhorse 9mm like an ultra reliable Glock 19 or a S&W M&P 9mm for a first gun unless you have the bucks for a Sig.

If you're buying the gun just for the looks, get the Walther though. It's a sweet looking pistol.

Nanners
11-27-2020, 10:04 AM
Just a bad choice for a first gun. Unless you plan on concealed carry and want a cool looking piece. Either that or you're a vintage James Bond fan.

.380 is a good back up gun and nice and slim for concealed carry but that's about it. The ammo is usually more expensive than 9mm which is more powerful and it seems like it's one of the first to go out of stock during shortages like right now. The big ammo companies like to concentrate on pumping out .22, 9mm, .40, .45 and 5.56 during high demand times.

The Walther can also be finicky gun as well. Better to stick with a workhorse 9mm like an ultra reliable Glock 19 or a S&W M&P 9mm for a first gun unless you have the bucks for a Sig.

If you're buying the gun just for the looks, get the Walther though. It's a sweet looking pistol.

I agree that this is the wrong choice for a first gun. Even if youre planning to concealed carry, this is a pretty mediocre ccw option imo... a glock 43x/48 or sig p365 would be more reliable, easier to handle, more accurate, higher capacity, and it will almost certainly be cheaper too (my local gun store was selling brand new glock 48s for $450 the last time I was in there).

The main thing the PPK has going for it is the cool factor... but if coolness is what you care about then I would recommend you go all out and buy the desert eagle which is the ultimate cool handgun with questionable reliability/useability.

Patrick Chewing
11-27-2020, 10:22 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/d84dcf48b3d4d042affe1597d4fb1100/tenor.gif

Long Duck Dong
11-27-2020, 01:49 PM
I agree that this is the wrong choice for a first gun. Even if youre planning to concealed carry, this is a pretty mediocre ccw option imo... a glock 43x/48 or sig p365 would be more reliable, easier to handle, more accurate, higher capacity, and it will almost certainly be cheaper too (my local gun store was selling brand new glock 48s for $450 the last time I was in there).

The main thing the PPK has going for it is the cool factor... but if coolness is what you care about then I would recommend you go all out and buy the desert eagle which is the ultimate cool handgun with questionable reliability/useability.

Spot on. To date I've never bought a gun for cool factor. But I'm thinking about this Sig P220 Elite in 10mm. It just looks so awesome in stainless with rosewood grips.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/120480/943348238/wm_9593668.jpg

Nanners
11-27-2020, 02:09 PM
Spot on. To date I've never bought a gun for cool factor. But I'm thinking about this Sig P220 Elite in 10mm. It just looks so awesome in stainless with rosewood grips.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/120480/943348238/wm_9593668.jpg

10mm is a great cartridge that is way underrated imo, and overall that gun is 9/10 on the beauty scale... my only complaints would be that the slide catch, mag release, and trigger color should be the same stainless/silver color as the rest of the metallic parts.

I have never bought a gun for the cool factor, but if I didnt have to dump all my money into my mortgage, bills and household expenses I would absolutely buy some guns strictly because I love them or they're cool.

My top 5 would probably be

1. HK mp5 (the ultimate home defense weapon imo, and also one of the coolest guns of all time)
2. A lever action rifle chambered for a laughably large cartridge
3. Barrett .50 cal (maybe the coolest gun ever made?)
4. gold plated desert eagle or 1911
5. Some kind of semi-auto rifle chambered in .308 (most likely a self-built AR-10 or a SCAR)

Long Duck Dong
11-27-2020, 02:35 PM
10mm is a great cartridge that is way underrated imo, and overall that gun is 9/10 on the beauty scale... my only complaints would be that the slide catch, mag release, and trigger color should be the same stainless/silver color as the rest of the metallic parts.

I have never bought a gun for the cool factor, but if I didnt have to dump all my money into my mortgage, bills and household expenses I would absolutely buy some guns strictly because I love them or they're cool.

My top 5 would probably be

1. HK mp5 (the ultimate home defense weapon imo, and also one of the coolest guns of all time)
2. A lever action rifle chambered for a laughably large cartridge
3. Barrett .50 cal (maybe the coolest gun ever made?)
4. gold plated desert eagle or 1911
5. Some kind of semi-auto rifle chambered in .308 (most likely a self-built AR-10 or a SCAR)

Those are all fantastic choices :cheers: I've come so close to biting the bullet and walking away with a Winchester 94 in .44 mag or 30-30, I surprise myself I don't own one already.

Seems wrong to put a recoil pad on a lever action but I shot a friend's Marlin 45-70 and that sucker definitely could have used one. I can't imagine anything chambered bigger in a lever action. Seems like it would kill the fun factor.

Nanners
11-27-2020, 02:41 PM
Those are all fantastic choices :cheers: I've come so close to biting the bullet and walking away with a Winchester 94 in .44 mag or 30-30, I surprise myself I don't own one already.

Seems wrong to put a recoil pad on a lever action but I shot a friend's Marlin 45-70 and that sucker definitely could have used one. I can't imagine anything chambered bigger in a lever action. Seems like it would kill the fun factor.

I kinda miss guns with recoil TBH... I have been putting a ton of rounds through my ar-15 and my best friends ar-10 lately, and these rifles are so easy to fire that its kind of discombobulating or something.

jongib369
11-28-2020, 07:17 AM

I'd argue the PPK/S is more accurate. The barrel is attached/welded to the frame, it doesn't come apart unlike modern handguns. Along with the fact the heavy steel frame makes it so there's not much kick, you can probably fire all 8 shots in a tighter grouping than you would with the glock. But I can't say for sure, just going off what I heard some people say. Its the all steel frame, looks, supposed accuracy, and good enough function overall that made it worth it to me. I can't stand plastic looking guns.

warriorfan
11-28-2020, 12:17 PM
That is a cool gun but it seems more for fun rather than carrying. It’s a little heavy for a carry piece, comes with some of the malfunctions that go with auto loaders, a pain to takedown and clean.

To be honest I think you would be better served with a small .38 revolver. Carry it hammer down on an empty chamber and it will be extremely safe which is probably the most important part about carrying. It will be extremely reliable and foolproof, and the best part is you can shoot it while it’s in your jacket pocket. With your auto loader you arnt really able to do that since your gun won’t be able to go into battery properly if the slide is obstructed by your clothing.

jongib369
11-28-2020, 01:04 PM
That is a cool gun but it seems more for fun rather than carrying. It’s a little heavy for a carry piece, comes with some of the malfunctions that go with auto loaders, a pain to takedown and clean.

To be honest I think you would be better served with a small .38 revolver. Carry it hammer down on an empty chamber and it will be extremely safe which is probably the most important part about carrying. It will be extremely reliable and foolproof, and the best part is you can shoot it while it’s in your jacket pocket. With your auto loader you arnt really able to do that since your gun won’t be able to go into battery properly if the slide is obstructed by your clothing.

It's a pretty good carry weapon, I think underrated by some. But you're definitely right in some respects as it's not the best to have on me. Atm I view it as a sexy, cool historical piece that will be better to have on me rather than nothing ...But in time I'll likely get a revolver. As long as I buy quality ammo, and clean it I shouldn't have too many malfunctions from what I read. We'll see

Also what do you think of 22s for carrying? Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions. Seemingly did a good number on Reagan, and his secret service agents...But I've also heard horror stories about it just pissing the person off making the beat down worse XD

SATAN
11-28-2020, 07:53 PM
So...Who are you planning on shooting?

jongib369
12-01-2020, 02:32 AM
https://i.ibb.co/qdfhHXH/20201201-001206.jpg

KennyPowers
12-01-2020, 03:08 AM
So...Who are you planning on shooting?

Hopefully your parents for birthing you.

Long Duck Dong
12-01-2020, 03:10 AM
https://i.ibb.co/qdfhHXH/20201201-001206.jpg

You have your mind set on it so just get it. I don't have a .380 but I do have a Bulgarian Makarov 9x18 which is slightly more powerful than the .380 and I would feel seriously undergunned if I had to rely on that little thing :lol

I wouldn't want to get hit by it that's for sure but it almost seems like a toy gun in my hands

warriorfan
12-01-2020, 11:18 AM
It's a pretty good carry weapon, I think underrated by some. But you're definitely right in some respects as it's not the best to have on me. Atm I view it as a sexy, cool historical piece that will be better to have on me rather than nothing ...But in time I'll likely get a revolver. As long as I buy quality ammo, and clean it I shouldn't have too many malfunctions from what I read. We'll see

Also what do you think of 22s for carrying? Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions. Seemingly did a good number on Reagan, and his secret service agents...But I've also heard horror stories about it just pissing the person off making the beat down worse XD

.22 will absolutely kill someone and over 9 times out of 10 anyone shot with one is gonna try to get out of there as fast as possible if not dead already. Problem being most .22 pistols suffer from some reliability issues. I had a cheap Walter .22 that needed to be cleaned well every time you took it too the range or it would malfunction an insane amount of the time. I guess if you found the right one and always kept it really clean it could work but personally I would like to go with something a little more reliable.

Check out a Smith and Wesson MP Shield. Super small, striker fired like a glock but you are able to get one with a safety and is smaller than almost all glocks. I have 2 HK’s and a Glock and I personally prefer the HK with the frame mounted safety over the other two with none. Especially striker fired guns. With my double action/single action p2000 that’s decocker only, no safety, it is pretty comfortable to handle since the double action trigger is a long pull and you can thumb over the hammer to ensure it doesn’t go back, basically making the gun impossible to fire. You can’t do this with a striker fired pistol and they have much shorter triggers on their first pull. I don’t feel comfortable at all conceal carrying my Glock with one in the chamber.

Get one in 9mm or possibly check out .45. .45 has great performance from very short barrels and .45 will be easier to find than 9mm at the moment.

So if I were you I would probably pick up a S&W Shield with safety in 9mm or .45 for a very reasonable price. Then after that get some more hobby type guns like the Walters you seem to like.

Hey Yo
12-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Whatever you choose.... make sure it has the homie sight on the side of the barrel like this.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/689d6c9b7a4886bdbf6b620acdd27be9.jpg

Gruppenführer
12-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Die besten Waffen, die jemals hergestellt wurden, sind definitiv Walther. Ich würde einen Walther kaufen.

Long Duck Dong
12-01-2020, 03:50 PM
.22 will absolutely kill someone and over 9 times out of 10 anyone shot with one is gonna try to get out of there as fast as possible if not dead already. Problem being most .22 pistols suffer from some reliability issues. I had a cheap Walter .22 that needed to be cleaned well every time you took it too the range or it would malfunction an insane amount of the time. I guess if you found the right one and always kept it really clean it could work but personally I would like to go with something a little more reliable.

The biggest problem with the .22 is it has no stopping power as a defensive weapon. Even if your attacker will succumb later to his injuries, they'll keep on coming unless they are hit in the heart, lungs or can penetrate the nervous system. A lot of the time they won't even realize they are hit. If the little bullet hits bone or the skull at an angle, there's a good chance it will ricochet off. Although the .22 might actually be a better option versus the .380 with hollow points versus heavy winter clothing. I wouldn't want to rely on either. The 9mm on the other hand packs enough punch to stop a human under almost any circumstance even though .40 cal and big bore pistol guys look down on it.

Patrick Chewing
12-01-2020, 04:15 PM
The biggest problem with the .22 is it has no stopping power as a defensive weapon. Even if your attacker will succumb later to his injuries, they'll keep on coming unless they are hit in the heart, lungs or can penetrate the nervous system. A lot of the time they won't even realize they are hit. If the little bullet hits bone or the skull at an angle, there's a good chance it will ricochet off. Although the .22 might actually be a better option versus the .380 with hollow points versus heavy winter clothing. I wouldn't want to rely on either. The 9mm on the other hand packs enough punch to stop a human under almost any circumstance even though .40 cal and big bore pistol guys look down on it.

A .22 is a gun you shoot your friends with. I sleep with a 1911 under my bed. Put a crater in any n*ggas chest who dare step into my domicile.

Axe
12-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Hopefully your parents for birthing you.
:lol

Long Duck Dong
12-01-2020, 04:26 PM
A .22 is a gun you shoot your friends with. I sleep with a 1911 under my bed. Put a crater in any n*ggas chest who dare step into my domicile.

I remember when I was a little kid, our home was broken into for the first and last time. The cop who showed up to do the police report told my mom have a cheap little untraceable pistol on hand. If the robber breaks in while she was there to shoot him dead. If he's injured then finish him off but make sure he's dead. Then toss the pistol on his corpse. I remember him saying, "Trust me. We won't ask any questions" So my mom had my dad get this cheap little.22 pistol from a friend and he scratched off all the serial numbers and markings. But he destroyed it a few years later after getting worried that one of his dumbass sons(namely me) would take it out shooting and get busted with it having the serial#s removed.

warriorfan
12-01-2020, 09:55 PM

There is some truth to what you are saying but 99 out of 100 times, anyone getting lit up by a .22 is going to have their days priorities switched around and they are gonna stop doing whatever they were doing before. Of course you can find super super rare occasions where some guy is on tons of drugs and eats an entire magazine...but along with that reasoning you can find plenty of incidents where a guy eats just as many 9mm or even .45 and keeps going. With almost any pistol round if you don’t hit their heart, major artery, or their CNS, they will not immediately die. However like I said 1 in a million will take some .45 slugs to the chest and keep moving. The chances of you being in a situation to use your gun are pretty slim most of the time, then if you factor in the chance it will be some unstoppable drug crazed man...you have about the same chance as running into an alien from outer space. If you are planning for that situation for some reason than even 9mm, .40, or .45 isn’t enough, you need to step up to .44 mag if you want to guarantee one stop drops in those type of scenarios, which just becomes extremely impractical. That being said I still wouldn’t rely on .22 just because there are better options. 9mm, .40, or .45 are perfectly fine.

jongib369
12-02-2020, 02:11 PM
https://youtu.be/KVCsosglj8E

Patrick Chewing
12-02-2020, 02:19 PM
I remember when I was a little kid, our home was broken into for the first and last time. The cop who showed up to do the police report told my mom have a cheap little untraceable pistol on hand. If the robber breaks in while she was there to shoot him dead. If he's injured then finish him off but make sure he's dead. Then toss the pistol on his corpse. I remember him saying, "Trust me. We won't ask any questions" So my mom had my dad get this cheap little.22 pistol from a friend and he scratched off all the serial numbers and markings. But he destroyed it a few years later after getting worried that one of his dumbass sons(namely me) would take it out shooting and get busted with it having the serial#s removed.

That sounds shady as shit by that cop.

Long Duck Dong
12-02-2020, 03:07 PM
https://youtu.be/KVCsosglj8E

Like I said, you have your mind set on this pistol so just get it. But don't let this video get you thinking the .380 is some kind of viscous man stopper. Even with that hot Buffalo Bore load it's only putting out 267 lb/ft of energy. Compare that to Buffalo Bore 9mm which puts out 500 lb/ft of energy on some loads. Literally almost twice as much power in a slightly larger pistol. Even a .22 mag has more power than a .380.

Nanners
12-02-2020, 03:22 PM
I'd argue the PPK/S is more accurate. The barrel is attached/welded to the frame, it doesn't come apart unlike modern handguns. Along with the fact the heavy steel frame makes it so there's not much kick, you can probably fire all 8 shots in a tighter grouping than you would with the glock. But I can't say for sure, just going off what I heard some people say. Its the all steel frame, looks, supposed accuracy, and good enough function overall that made it worth it to me. I can't stand plastic looking guns.

Perhaps it is more accurate... I am just speaking from my own anecdotal experience here.

I have put quite a few rounds through my friends ppk, and I felt like it had pretty poor accuracy compared to most other handguns I have used. I also had feed issues with the ppk (my friend said it was because my wrist wasnt stiff enough, which may be true... but IMO you dont want a handgun that only operates properly with a stiff wrist as your daily carry piece.)

jongib369
12-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Like I said, you have your mind set on this pistol so just get it. But don't let this video get you thinking the .380 is some kind of viscous man stopper. Even with that hot Buffalo Bore load it's only putting out 267 lb/ft of energy. Compare that to Buffalo Bore 9mm which puts out 500 lb/ft of energy on some loads. Literally almost twice as much power in a slightly larger pistol. Even a .22 mag has more power than a .380.

Unless I'm mistaken it's not as weak as you think it is, at least from what I read (https://www.guns.com/news/2016/12/28/22-magnum-vs-380-acp-in-ballistic-gel#:~:text=The%20380%20lives%20well%20in,pleasant %20and%20therefore%20accurate%20shooting.). I don't truly know what I'm talking about, but just bouncing things off your head that I read to get others take. Unless I'm derping out and didn't read correctly some good 95 grain 380 ammo, but not the best can outperform good 22 mag ammo. Not by too much, but it's not a nerf gun lol. Another good thing about it is it can manage hotter than normal 380 ammo while being more comfortable to shoot than a lighter, smaller 9mm, or another 380. Some don't like that the gun has a bit more heft due to being all steel, but I don't think I'll mind that at all. It'll be easier to get tighter groupings

I'm picking it up today so I'm excited about it, but I don't mean to assert it's the perfect gun. Just maybe a bit more viable than some give it credit for. But I might be in the trap of having bias wanting to defend my purchase. The looks, along with it being the Bond gun, and the younger brother of the gun Hitler offed himself with would at the very least make it a good conversation piece with any would be muggers

Long Duck Dong
12-02-2020, 04:48 PM
Unless I'm mistaken it's not as weak as you think it is, at least from what I read (https://www.guns.com/news/2016/12/28/22-magnum-vs-380-acp-in-ballistic-gel#:~:text=The%20380%20lives%20well%20in,pleasant %20and%20therefore%20accurate%20shooting.). I don't truly know what I'm talking about, but just bouncing things off your head that I read to get others take. Unless I'm derping out and didn't read correctly some good 95 grain 380 ammo, but not the best can outperform good 22 mag ammo. Not by too much, but it's not a nerf gun lol. Another good thing about it is it can manage hotter than normal 380 ammo while being more comfortable to shoot than a lighter, smaller 9mm, or another 380. Some don't like that the gun has a bit more heft due to being all steel, but I don't think I'll mind that at all. It'll be easier to get tighter groupings

I'm picking it up today so I'm excited about it, but I don't mean to assert it's the perfect gun. Just maybe a bit more viable than some give it credit for. But I might be in the trap of having bias wanting to defend my purchase. The looks, along with it being the Bond gun, and the younger brother of the gun Hitler offed himself with would at the very least make it a good conversation piece with any would be muggers

I'm just saying it isn't the greatest choice for defense if you only have one gun. But it's a looker and becoming collectible. It's value will only go up. Have fun :cheers:

Meticode
12-02-2020, 11:12 PM
I bought my first gun back this summer. Glock 17 4th Gen. I've taken it apart and put it back together so many times. Upgraded the sights to Trijicon sights. Reliable, easy to shoot, easy to field clean.

warriorfan
12-02-2020, 11:26 PM

Very nice. To be honest it’s a cool buy and it’s what you wanted and it will do the job. The earlier conversations everyone were having were just splitting hairs at that point. Make sure to familiarize yourself well with the gun. Go shooting as much as possible, practice loading, unloading, chambering a round and unchambering it, getting comfortable engaging and disengaging the safety. Pick up some .380 snap caps for it. They are rounds that are not live and are good for getting used to handling your gun so you don’t accidentally put one through the wall one night. You did good bro. Stay safe and have fun. :cheers:

Jasper
12-02-2020, 11:38 PM
OP look into website (Gunsinternational) might find a better deal than your local store

Axe
12-03-2020, 02:03 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iak9rHQf0bI

jongib369
12-03-2020, 03:39 AM
https://i.ibb.co/CVwvPSn/IMG-20201202-204157-253.jpg

Definitely hefty, but not uncomfortably so. Also a looker for sure. Haven't fired it yet but I'm happy with it. Only complaint is the Tangs edges. Though not sharp they dig into the webbing of my hand. Seen videos of people who shot it all day getting little marks in that exact area. Wish they rounded it out a little more.

Some lightweight tactical gloves will help I imagine?

BigKobeFan
12-03-2020, 02:25 PM
The PPK is too dated and you get slide bites.

You should go for the PPQ or the new Walther Q4 or Q5

jongib369
12-03-2020, 05:18 PM
The PPK is too dated and you get slide bites.

You should go for the PPQ or the new Walther Q4 or Q5

There's zero slide or hammer bite with this version of the PPK/S due to the extended Tang. But there is a small issue with the Tang itself which I mentioned in a previous post. Not as bad as slide bite though

jongib369
12-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately in Cook County Illinois I cant buy ammunition online. And it seems like a lot of shops near me are out due to the shortage XD.

highwhey
12-03-2020, 05:39 PM
looks good man

Axe
12-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Wow that's just unbelievable

Long Duck Dong
12-03-2020, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately in Cook County Illinois I cant buy ammunition online. And it seems like a lot of shops near me are out due to the shortage XD.

In my very first post to this thread I mentioned this. .380 seems it's always one of the first calibers to go out of stock during shortages. And the places you can find it, they jack up the prices 2 or 3 fold until ammo manufacturers start replenishing shelves again. 9mm on the other hand can usually still be found during shortages and the price gouging isn't as bad because the ammo manufacturers concentrate on pumping out the more popular cartridges during shortages. Sucks to pay twice as much for a cartridge that's half the power

warriorfan
12-03-2020, 08:09 PM
https://i.ibb.co/CVwvPSn/IMG-20201202-204157-253.jpg

Definitely hefty, but not uncomfortably so. Also a looker for sure. Haven't fired it yet but I'm happy with it. Only complaint is the Tangs edges. Though not sharp they dig into the webbing of my hand. Seen videos of people who shot it all day getting little marks in that exact area. Wish they rounded it out a little more.

Some lightweight tactical gloves will help I imagine?

I’m not really fan of those but that is actually pretty nice. For the sharp edges you could try to file it down and get a camfer on it. Instead of it meeting at 90 degrees and leaving a sharp edges you would want to get that old 90 degree edge part flat so it’s broken up into two 45 degree angles on each side meeting a flat edge instead. However though I would just try to keep that gun as original as possible. If it gets that bad you could get some gloves for shooting it at the range.

Nanners
12-14-2020, 09:31 AM
https://i.redd.it/udi125a1x3561.gif

TheCorporation
12-14-2020, 10:51 AM

This. Cosigned on the Glock 19 too.

jongib369
12-14-2020, 01:19 PM
Getting some ammo today finally, lucked out big time.

https://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/8/85646_ts.jpg

Not the best but Wather PPK/S users have said their guns shoot hundreds of rounds with this and don't have malfunctions. Not the absolute best pocket/conceal carry gun but it's definitely the best looking and reliable if you have money for good ammo

jongib369
12-14-2020, 01:27 PM
Other toys

https://i.ibb.co/LrkcH9Y/IMG-20201206-165342-963.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/hHGnLSn/IMG-20201206-174008-955.jpg

jongib369
12-14-2020, 10:34 PM
"Yep, "9mm Short" is merely the European nomenclature for the .380 ACP cartridge. A word of warning though, European .380 ACP tends to be loaded hotter than North American ammo, so don't be surprised if it has more recoil than your average domestically produced ammo.
So yeah, if you've ever wondered why European .380 Pistols like the Walther PPK and Beretta Cheetah are built like tanks or why European police carried .380 Pistols well into the 1980s, that's why.

Also, funny bit of trivia, contrary to what the European nomenclature may suggest, the .380 ACP cartridge isn't a shortened 9mm Luger, but rather a scaled down .45 ACP."

http://smith-wessonforum.com/ammo/607057-9mm-browning-court-380-auto.html

jongib369
12-14-2020, 10:38 PM
https://i.ibb.co/xsX8zfm/IMG-20201214-180810-206.jpg

Kinda crazy during a shortage they had some good ammo, and not just the cheap shit. Let alone the exact brand I wanted

Long Duck Dong
03-15-2021, 07:06 PM
https://i.ibb.co/xsX8zfm/IMG-20201214-180810-206.jpg

Kinda crazy during a shortage they had some good ammo, and not just the cheap shit. Let alone the exact brand I wanted

I wouldn't say Sellier & Bellot is "good ammo". It's decent. I've shot a lot of it, especially in shotgun shells. It used to be seen as cheap ammo but their quality control has improved. It's still towards the lower end. The reason Walther lovers probably like it is because they tend to load their cartridges a little hotter than American target rounds and the Walthers tend to have more malfunctions with the basic plinking stuff

DoctorP
03-15-2021, 08:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RjJ9dXdtWg

https://i.imgur.com/wM41hro.jpeg

DoctorP
03-15-2021, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGMYl-njsg