PDA

View Full Version : Dennis tells Lakers, I aint coming off the bench

LukeWalton
12-01-2020, 03:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKpZWrTZAj0

Schroeder gives an ultimatum. he aint coming off the bench. hes a starter :applause:

dirkdiggler41
12-01-2020, 06:23 AM
He averaged close to 19ppg coming off the bench. He should start on the Lakers. He will have a giant year since it is his last season on that contract.

Doranku
12-01-2020, 06:39 AM
Ugh.. I'm sorry but I'm not excited about this signing at all. Shroeder is a low IQ chucker who can't run an offense to save his life and now he's making demands to start? Replacing Rondo with that kind of player may very well be the difference in repeating or not next season.

TheGoatest
12-01-2020, 07:24 AM
I'm not liking this attitude one bit.
I didn't follow him that closely, but I don't recall any stories about him complaining about not starting for a mediocre Thunder squad over the last two seasons. And now he demands to start for the defending champions?

We can do this the hard way if he wants, but he'll hurt himself way more than he'll hurt the Lakers, who will do fine with or without him.

dirkdiggler41
12-01-2020, 07:26 AM
Ugh.. I'm sorry but I'm not excited about this signing at all. Shroeder is a low IQ chucker who can't run an offense to save his life and now he's making demands to start? Replacing Rondo with that kind of player may very well be the difference in repeating or not next season.

0.534 efg is chucking? Come on now. Who else is going to start?

NBAGOAT
12-01-2020, 08:02 AM
he's a bit salty from not winning 6moy and kind of should be. there's potential issues but he was really good last year and should be pretty valuable when lebron doesnt play. has some tunnel vision but can still run the pnr well. Great spot up guy last year and underrated defender. the covid issue is also a huge deal. you get it and you're out like 3 weeks so there's going be so many more missed games this year. depth during the rs matters more.

bluechox2
12-01-2020, 09:01 AM
like someone said, last year of hte contract, his production determines his value and playing off the bench, off of lebron and ad will lower his value

Manny98
12-01-2020, 10:21 AM
He will have more touches if he comes on with the second unit

It's counter productive placing him in the starting lineup with LeBron who's obviously going to control the basketball

Derka
12-01-2020, 10:26 AM
lol, ultimatum.

You'll take your $15.5 million and do what Lebron says, lest he bench you and tank your FA value to Cocytus levels of low.

PP34Deuce
12-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Lol laker fans turning on him already.

Hes a better consistent player than Caruso and kuzma. He took a bench role with cp3... hes not doing that for Caruso...

He wants to play with the best..

RRR3
12-01-2020, 11:31 AM
He’ll do whatever LeGod tells him to and he’ll like it.

light
12-01-2020, 01:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKpZWrTZAj0

Schroeder gives an ultimatum. he aint coming off the bench. hes a starter :applause:

I thought he would be the starter.

The question is: Who is going to start at shooting guard, KCP or Matthews?

Doranku
12-01-2020, 01:40 PM
I thought he would be the starter.

The question is: Who is going to start at shooting guard, KCP or Matthews?

This is the issue. KCP was absolute ****ing dogshit coming off the bench. He was Kuzma levels of bad before Frank switched him to the starting lineup. He really found his way after that, but I fear for what will happen to his game if he's relegated back to the bench.

madmax
12-01-2020, 01:49 PM

:cheers:

FultzNationRISE
12-01-2020, 02:38 PM
The irony is hes so much more suited as a player to coming off the bench.

Which is exactly what his lil bitch ass is gonna do.

Shit, he’ll walk around holding Lebron’s peni1s pillow if he’s told. Otherwise have fun playing in Turkey.

FireDavidKahn
12-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Dennis is going to do what LeCoach tells him to do otherwise he's gon get a whipping.

Dennis doesn't know what it takes to be a winner yet.

Vino24
12-01-2020, 02:44 PM
He will be replaced by Delly mid season

Vino24
12-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Imagine starting a new job where you have no experience (winning) and telling your boss what you are going to do. Fvck this guy :biggums:

TheGoatest
12-01-2020, 04:22 PM
I've read his full quote. He didn't say that he will refuse to come off the bench. He just implied that he would prefer to start, which is cool. I'm sure any player in the league would prefer to start. I will wait until the season starts to see whether he actually complains or not before judging him.

red1
12-01-2020, 04:39 PM
that would be an excellent move. schroder has turned himself into a great role-player and his 3-point shooting will be a huge relief for the team.

he was good in the playoffs for the thunder as well and deserves to start here for the lakers.

LAmbruh
12-01-2020, 04:41 PM
Contract year, nikka tryn get that bag

Little does he know about LeElevation and living deliciously

He will learn

Im so nba'd out
12-01-2020, 05:01 PM
Dennis the menace already pulling this bs.Get em out of here

And1AllDay
12-01-2020, 11:33 PM

:applause:

And1AllDay
12-01-2020, 11:33 PM
Contract year, nikka tryn get that bag

Little does he know about LeElevation and living deliciously

He will learn

https://i.postimg.cc/hGT05PYk/What-Does-Bless-Up-Mean.jpg

warriorfan
12-02-2020, 12:52 AM
Rondo is literally going to beat the shit out of him.

EllEffEll
12-02-2020, 02:04 AM
I guess he can do what the team asks him to do in LakerLand, or get shipped out to be a starter in GetMeTheF**kOuttaHereVille. If I was the Lakers, I would have a sit down soon and see if Francis is going to lighten up, or learn a hard lesson in life. If I were Rob Pelinka, I would give him about 2.5 seconds to come around. If he even slightly hesitates, he's going live on FB, headed out town on the next thing smokin'. Nip that crap in the bud.

MrFonzworth
12-02-2020, 03:44 AM
I guess he can do what the team asks him to do in LakerLand, or get shipped out to be a starter in GetMeTheF**kOuttaHereVille. If I was the Lakers, I would have a sit down soon and see if Francis is going to lighten up, or learn a hard lesson in life. If I were Rob Pelinka, I would give him about 2.5 seconds to come around. If he even slightly hesitates, he's going live on FB, headed out town on the next thing smokin'. Nip that crap in the bud.

Well you're not any of those things so tough luck:cheers:

PP34Deuce
12-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Lebron has no problem not dominating the ball if u make good decisions.

MaxPlayer
12-02-2020, 10:06 AM
He will have more touches if he comes on with the second unit

It's counter productive placing him in the starting lineup with LeBron who's obviously going to control the basketball

This.

I had assumed that Dennis would take over for Rondo as primary ball-handler when LeBron was out, so it would make some sense for him to come off the bench.

Or maybe they trust Caruso enough for that role.

theballerFKA Ace
12-02-2020, 05:37 PM
On this Lakers squad it's more important who finishes not who starts but if baby boi wants to start then let him have his 6-8 minutes at the beginning of the half.