PDA

View Full Version : Clippers teammates say PG destroyed Chemistry. PG says Rivers fault he played poorly

LukeWalton
12-02-2020, 07:11 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-news-paul-george-rips-doc-rivers-for-how-he-used-him-on-offense/

“The way I was being used, I felt Doc was trying to play me as a Ray Allen or a JJ Redick, all pin-downs. I can do it, but that ain't my game. I need some flow, I need some mixes of some pick-and-rolls, post ups, diff. touches. Last season was hard."

Paul George on Doc Rivers
👀

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2920626-report-kawhi-leonard-paul-georges-perks-led-to-lack-of-buy-in-from-clippers

The Athletic reported Tuesday the "hard-nosed, competitive culture the team had built from 2017 to '19, predicated on their all-for-one ethos, was undone in a matter of months," because Leonard and George were treated differently.

Examples included, per Buha:

Personal security guards and trainers
Control of the team's practice and travel schedule
Control over personal playing time
Later postgame media time slots
Leonard being allowed to live in San Diego

One instance was Leonard being allowed to use the female staffers' locker room for his personal pregame routine with the training staff when other areas were unavailable, which led at least one player and one staff member to raise concerns about the arrangement, according to Buha.

"How do you ever build a strong team with that s--t going on?" a team source told The Athletic. "I thought from the beginning, 'We're doomed. Kawhi wants too much special treatment.'"

An NBA source added: "What were they going to do about it? It's Kawhi."

In addition, the preferential treatment given to Leonard and George made it difficult for the Clippers' prior leadership structure, which included Patrick Beverley and Lou Williams, to maintain influence.

"Who did they look to as the guy that was going to bring them all together?" a league source told Buha. "It can't be the coach all the time."

Manny98
12-02-2020, 07:18 PM
Flippers :roll::roll::roll:

PG is such a cancer I'm glad my Nets didn't trade for that bitch

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 07:27 PM
Hayward for George. Make it happen, Jerry.

AirTupac
12-02-2020, 07:51 PM
PG blaming Doc Rivers and everyone but himself

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1334262482840465410?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Horatio33
12-02-2020, 08:01 PM
Kawhi has turned into a real diva. Imagine the Spurs letting him get away with that stuff. Probably the reason he wanted to leave. The Spurs wouldn't cave to his childish demands.

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2020, 08:03 PM
Always thought Rivers was highly overrated

Jasper
12-02-2020, 08:05 PM
in two years when Clips say Kaw. Lenard time is running out Paul George will go to Lakers and win chips...
writing is all over it.

VictorMosquito
12-02-2020, 08:07 PM
Kawhi throwing all the blame on the #2 to keep his reputation

sad!

Goldrush25
12-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Kawhi has turned into a real diva. Imagine the Spurs letting him get away with that stuff. Probably the reason he wanted to leave. The Spurs wouldn't cave to his childish demands.

You're right, they gave it all to him

He requested these arrangements and it was their job to say no, but we really want you here.

I don't know how they can all of a sudden take all of that shite away from him now, because that's how they got him there. They've made their bed with him now.

J Shuttlesworth
12-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Thread title is misleading. A lot of this criticizes Kawhi being a diva, and OP didn't mention that in the title

scuzzy
12-02-2020, 10:11 PM
I'm starting to think PG is purposely trolling to become the most hated NBA player.

J Shuttlesworth
12-02-2020, 10:13 PM
One instance was Leonard being allowed to use the female staffers' locker room for his personal pregame routine with the training staff when other areas were unavailable, which led at least one player and one staff member to raise concerns about the arrangement, according to Buha.
."

***** Kawh1/11 was getting his tampons in

FireDavidKahn
12-02-2020, 11:16 PM
Last season was hard.

:roll:

Poor Flippers traded their entire future for this guy:roll:

Kiddlovesnets
12-03-2020, 01:16 AM
Rivers was shit but still PG can’t blame all the problems on him.

HBK_Kliq_2
12-03-2020, 01:41 AM
Kawhi put up 28 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 2.5 turnovers, 9 BPM

So basically GOAT numbers. The dysfunction of Harrell/Doc/George and shooting variance in the bubble is what killed the team.

This year Kawhi will carry them to a ring and George will finally take his head out of his ass.

Axe
12-03-2020, 01:52 AM
The clippers aren't winning anything atm.

I lost my faith in them completely after learning that they've thoughtlessly promoted ty lue as head coach.

SATAN
12-03-2020, 03:16 AM

So basically GOAT numbers. The dysfunction of Harrell/Doc/George and shooting variance in the bubble is what killed the team.

This year Kawhi will carry them to a ring and George will finally take his head out of his ass.

Wanna make a bet on that?

Horatio33
12-03-2020, 04:58 AM

This is why you don't understand basketball, to you its just numbers on a page. Team chemistry matters i.e. human beings talking to each other and interacting with each other. There is no BPM for teach chemistry which is why you dont understand it. It Kawhi has a sky high on court BPM his off court BPM must be non existant.

Kblaze8855
12-03-2020, 07:08 AM

You think that means anything to a dozen other millionaire professionals?

If the team doesnt get along its hard to win. Your numbers dont make that happen. The best players dont have to bring everyone together but if they are straight up alienating everyone it cant be good.

You can put up 35 on 70% shooting. If everyone doesnt work together you still dont win. People will show up and play for a check but buy in is absolutely required in the playoffs. Without that your best players numbers mean literally nothing. You need 110-120 points to win. What good is 28 of them? As much as we insist on crediting stars you obviously need the rest of the team to show up more than any individual. Especially on defense where without team buy in....absolutely nothing you do on offense matters at all.

You dont win with BPM. You win with chemistry.

Phoenix
12-03-2020, 08:42 AM

Yeah, we know he's good for it. :lol

Phoenix
12-03-2020, 08:49 AM
Kawhi was brought up in a system with strong veteran and coaching leadership, went to Toronto where Lowry was the oncourt leader, and this translated somehow into us thinking this dude isn't a prima donna with zero charisma or leadership qualities( or have we forgotten how he found his way out of San Antonio to begin with). And to top it off, Doc in his bid to be a players( star) coach separated the two blue chippers from everyone else with preferential treatment. The stars are supposed to be the hardest practice players. When everyone else is doing 10 laps they should be doing 20. Then the minor players have no excuses.

Doranku
12-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Playoff P has quite simply been a team cancer for the Clippers. Why is this dude getting preferential treatment? Kawhi I understand. Arguably the best player in the world with a degenerative quad. Sure, make some concessions for that guy. It makes sense.

But Playoff P??? Imagine the Clippers players seeing this guy treated like royalty all season... playoffs roll around and he's sulking in his hotel room after yet another 4-16 shooting performance.

**** Playoff P.

Phoenix
12-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Playoff P has quite simply been a team cancer for the Clippers. Why is this dude getting preferential treatment? Kawhi I understand. Arguably the best player in the world with a degenerative quad. Sure, make some concessions for that guy. It makes sense.

But Playoff P??? Imagine the Clippers players seeing this guy treated like royalty all season... playoffs roll around and he's sulking in his hotel room after yet another 4-16 shooting performance.

**** Playoff P.

How many concessions does he need? He's already on load management taking games off when he is medically capable of playing. Sounds like they were rolling out the red carpet in a few ways beyond whatever maintenance strategies are in place. Guys like Harrell and Beverley, while obviously less valuable, are your trench workers that any great player needs in pursuit of a title and if you lose them......well. We saw how the year ended.

I agree though that PG13 has done nothing in his career to warrant any kind of special considerations ( and to be clear I'm not in favor of preferential treatment generally, easiest way to kill any professional environment.)

MadDog
12-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Kawhi definitely gets blame. Had three different opportunities to close a 3-1 lead and played WOEFUL in Games 6 and (especially) 7. A team goes as their alleged leader does. And if Kawhi is going to be a moot who cannot bring camaraderie within teammates, he had better play well. But he didn't. Everyone keeps mentioning Paul George - these are the same people who clowned him for being a natural playoff disaster :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
12-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Thread title is misleading. A lot of this criticizes Kawhi being a diva, and OP didn't mention that in the title

This

First post fell for it

GrayGoat
12-03-2020, 02:50 PM

If Kawhi played even a slightly below average in game 4 they sweep Denver lol.

PP34Deuce
12-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Kawhi special treatment doesn't sound that bad. He doesn't practice but he does play hard. He chooses to live in San Diego(Has he missed mandatory meetings?)

That's a non factor to me. Bigger problem is Paul George thinking he deserves the same cache. You beat the best, win rings, you earn that cache.

red1
12-03-2020, 04:23 PM

If the team doesnt get along its hard to win. Your numbers dont make that happen. The best players dont have to bring everyone together but if they are straight up alienating everyone it cant be good.

You can put up 35 on 70% shooting. If everyone doesnt work together you still dont win. People will show up and play for a check but buy in is absolutely required in the playoffs. Without that your best players numbers mean literally nothing. You need 110-120 points to win. What good is 28 of them? As much as we insist on crediting stars you obviously need the rest of the team to show up more than any individual. Especially on defense where without team buy in....absolutely nothing you do on offense matters at all.

thank you for your service educating these children kblaze.

take notes and learn HBK.

HBK_Kliq_2
12-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Sure, what kind of bet?

This is why you don't understand basketball, to you its just numbers on a page. Team chemistry matters i.e. human beings talking to each other and interacting with each other. There is no BPM for teach chemistry which is why you dont understand it. It Kawhi has a sky high on court BPM his off court BPM must be non existant.

Off the court BPM? WTF does that even mean

After Raptors eliminated Bucks in 2019 east finals, Kawhi said in a press conference that he didn't care about being the best player and only cared about being the best team. How can you not win with a guy like that? How can you not build chemistry with a guy like that? Oh yeah I forgot Lou\harrell\George have never won anything in their life. The guys around Kawhi are the ones who need to take a hard look in the mirror. If George didn't play so awful in the 1st round against mavs and helped Kawhi out more, then maybe Kawhi would of been better down the stretch of the nuggets series.

Also don't forget that they only had like 7 games to build chemistry and cardio before playoffs started in the bubble.

Basketball r Us
12-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Only question to PG.

What have you won ?

Phoenix
12-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Sure, what kind of bet?

Are you pretending like you won't find a way to weasel out of it you little chicken shit?

FireDavidKahn
12-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Kawhi special treatment doesn't sound that bad. He doesn't practice but he does play hard. He chooses to live in San Diego(Has he missed mandatory meetings?)

That's a non factor to me. Bigger problem is Paul George thinking he deserves the same cache. You beat the best, win rings, you earn that cache.

That is literally the worst thing you could possibly do as a leader and is the ultimate form of special treatment.

You don't think a teams "leader" practicing with the rest of the team is relevant to being a good leader and building chemistry and camaraderie in a team?

Good lord.

Facepalm
12-03-2020, 10:23 PM
Kawhi was brought up in a system with strong veteran and coaching leadership, went to Toronto where Lowry was the oncourt leader, and this translated somehow into us thinking this dude isn't a prima donna with zero charisma or leadership qualities( or have we forgotten how he found his way out of San Antonio to begin with). And to top it off, Doc in his bid to be a players( star) coach separated the two blue chippers from everyone else with preferential treatment. The stars are supposed to be the hardest practice players. When everyone else is doing 10 laps they should be doing 20. Then the minor players have no excuses.
This. The stars are supposed to lead by example. They got to where they were by outworking everyone else. First ones in the gym and last one out. Imagine Jordan or Kobe acting like Kawhi's soft ass.

tanibanana
12-04-2020, 02:02 AM
Lakers are open for a Kuzma-George trade :banana:

Doranku
12-04-2020, 02:08 AM
Only question to PG.

What have you won ?

He hit a game winner in a commercial once.

SATAN
12-04-2020, 03:19 AM
Sure, what kind of bet?

Similar to the last bet you didn't honor... Clippers don't win the chip, you leave. And take all alts with you.

I'll leave if Clippers get the chip.

Do we have a deal?

MrFonzworth
12-04-2020, 04:18 AM
Similar to the last bet you didn't honor... Clippers don't win the chip, you leave. And take all alts with you.

I'll leave if Clippers get the chip.

Do we have a deal?

Ehh you'll just make another alt

SATAN
12-04-2020, 04:57 AM
I don't have one you pathetic nerdy ****ing idiot. Blocked.