PDA

View Full Version : John Wall Traded To Rockets For Russell Westbrook & 1st

DMAVS41
12-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
1m
Houston has agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to Washington for John Wall and a first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Wow.

talkingconch
12-02-2020, 08:59 PM
Lmao

Dbrog
12-02-2020, 09:00 PM
:lol

Wtf I thought this was fake but...woj. What a lateral move and strange one at that. Makes me believe it's a lockerroom issue move

talkingconch
12-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Washington gets rid of that contract though

BigKAT
12-02-2020, 09:04 PM
Boom.

Dbrog
12-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Washington gets rid of that contract though

For one slightly more expensive though....

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Great trade for Houston if Wall is right. If not at least Westbrook is gone

talkingconch
12-02-2020, 09:07 PM
For one slightly more expensive though....

ya but they got a body that can actually play now. whether or not theyll compete is different

BigKAT
12-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Was a player ever right after missing two years?

Really reminds me of D. Rose. (Not that John Wall as an MVP but he was pretty damn good.)
I think John Wall is finished, unfortunately.

As crazy as it sounds, Washington clearly won this trade.

Dbrog
12-02-2020, 09:08 PM
ya but they got a body that can actually play now. whether or not theyll compete is different

I think we about to see final Thunder year WB again

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Was a player ever right after missing two years?

Really reminds me of D. Rose. (Not that John Wall as an MVP but he was pretty damn good.)
I think John Wall is finished, unfortunately.

As crazy as it sounds, Washington clearly won this trade.

We'll see. No one wins a trade while getting Westbrook. Beal will want out

Proctor
:roll:

Wizards looking alright now

DMAVS41
I actually like this for both teams.

Russ is better than most people give him credit for and will help the Wizards...and the Rockets get an extra asset without having to take on anything extra, get to see how Wall looks, and then decide what to do with Harden.

Makes sense both ways to me.

imdaman99
12-02-2020, 09:10 PM
Wanted Russ for the Knicks :(

r0drig0lac
12-02-2020, 09:11 PM
rockets :facepalm

Dbrog
12-02-2020, 09:12 PM
rockets :facepalm

That's the thing. There had to be better offers than this. Shit even someone like the Magic...wouldn't they be willing to give up some picks? They are stuck in mediocrity anyway

SATAN
12-02-2020, 09:13 PM
No one expects either team to get anywhere anyway. Not the worst trade in history.

insidehoops
12-02-2020, 09:15 PM
Now this, this is something.

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 09:15 PM
:lol

Wtf I thought this was fake but...woj. What a lateral move and strange one at that. Makes me believe it's a lockerroom issue move

Lateral move? Westbrook is clearly much better than John Wall. Wizards got much better and this will help keep Beal happy as they'll be competitive.

imdaman99
12-02-2020, 09:16 PM
At least I can unsubscribe to the Rockets subreddit. Insufferable people

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2020, 09:18 PM
That's the thing. There had to be better offers than this. Shit even someone like the Magic...wouldn't they be willing to give up some picks? They are stuck in mediocrity anyway

few teams want Westbrook

NBAGOAT
12-02-2020, 09:19 PM
wizards are desperate to make the playoffs to keep beal. I dont hate it wall's a huge question mark and the worst contract in the league. for hou this was the only realistic way to get a 1st for westbrook and maybe wall can prove something. likely means harden is gone

Dbrog
12-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Lateral move? Westbrook is clearly much better than John Wall. Wizards got much better and this will help keep Beal happy as they'll be competitive.

I agree it could in theory help keep Beal happy, especially since Westbrook is strangely loved by his teammates. However, I doubt it makes them stand much of a chance in the East especially with all the offseason moves. I really think Wall will surprise people this year though..he's also a much better fit with Harden should they keep him

NBAGOAT
12-02-2020, 09:28 PM
i take what i said back https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1334307601841070080. pick isnt worth much. good deal for the wizards

Dbrog
12-02-2020, 09:32 PM
i take what i said back https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1334307601841070080. pick isnt worth much. good deal for the wizards

Agreed. Rockets honestly got almost nothing back. As Xiao Yao said, almost nobody wants WB and even fewer want Wall.

HBK_Kliq_2
12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
Westbrook can face Durant in playoffs. Harden can stay on rockets because his team upgraded with Wall. Good trade by both teams.

k0kakw0rld
12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
https://zupimages.net/up/20/49/q0bt.gif (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/49/q0bt.gif)

LoneyROY7
12-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Best of luck Russ. :cheers:

LoneyROY7
12-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Hopefully, this means James could be on the move as well.

HALLandOATES
12-02-2020, 09:53 PM
Harden dosent work with elite ballhandlers/people who need the ball. Harden needs Karl Anthony or Embidd.. This isn’t going to work, or even if it does he won’t be happy ala Chris Paul/ Russel Westbrook

NBAGOAT
12-02-2020, 09:58 PM
Harden dosent work with elite ballhandlers/people who need the ball. Harden needs Karl Anthony or Embidd.. This isn’t going to work, or even if it does he won’t be happy ala Chris Paul/ Russel Westbrook

harden wants out. rockets will hold on to him to get a better offer

LukeWalton
12-02-2020, 10:06 PM
lol, its totally a lateral move,

https://i.imgur.com/puRfTwG.png

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 10:08 PM

Rockets were a Chris Paul injury away from a championship.

insidehoops
12-02-2020, 10:08 PM
The trade is now official.

DMAVS41
12-02-2020, 10:13 PM

The 18 Rockets were a historically good team that likely would have beat one of the most loaded rosters in NBA history en route to the NBA title if the elite ballhandler paired up with Harden didn't get hurt.

Not working for Harden/Paul meant 65 wins and on the brink of a title. Seems pretty good to me...

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 10:17 PM
The 18 Rockets were a historically good team that likely would have beat one of the most loaded rosters in NBA history en route to the NBA title if the elite ballhandler paired up with Harden didn't get hurt.

Not working for Harden/Paul meant 65 wins and on the brink of a title. Seems pretty good to me...

And that's with Paul missing 24 games, Harden 10, and Capela 8. They were 55-5 when they all played and a couple of those losses are probably games where Paul or Harden went out with an injury.

DMAVS41
12-02-2020, 10:19 PM
And that's with Paul missing 24 games, Harden 10, and Capela 8. They were 55-5 when they all played and a couple of those losses are probably games where Paul or Harden went out with an injury.

Exactly.

I've shared my criticisms of Paul and Harden, but nobody should deny how good that Rockets team was. Definitely on par with teams that won the title in the past.

Smook A.
12-02-2020, 10:22 PM
I'll like this only if Wall stays healthy. Still a risky move, but I can see it turning out well especially if Boogie stays healthy too. Most important thing is for Harden to stay

LoneyROY7
12-02-2020, 10:22 PM
If you don't take injuries into consideration, the Rockets look kinda nasty on paper.

Unfortunately...

:oldlol: :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
12-02-2020, 10:23 PM

That '17-18 team was one of the best teams I've watched on a game-to-game basis.

Axe
12-02-2020, 10:28 PM
Yikes

Smook A.
12-02-2020, 10:30 PM
At least I can unsubscribe to the Rockets subreddit. Insufferable people

You're pretty insufferable yourself tbh :oldlol:

I'll never forget how when people were bashing Westbrook in the 1st round against the Thunder, you tried justifying his poor performance by bringing up how he scored 43 points in the 2012 finals... like that even mattered :roll:

I've never seen someone suck Westbrook's dick harder than you. At least OKC fans could admit whenever Westbrook played bad, unlike you.

Smook A.
12-02-2020, 10:32 PM

That team when healthy was absolutely unbelievable. No doubt they would've won 70+ games AND the championship if CP3 didn't miss 24 games and games 6 & 7 of the WCF

Wally450
12-02-2020, 10:38 PM
This is such a weird trade

insidehoops
12-02-2020, 10:38 PM
Obviously the biggest unknown is how John Wall will look after not playing in an NBA game since December of 2018.

Until we know that, FULLY judging the trade is very difficult.

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 10:40 PM
That team when healthy was absolutely unbelievable. No doubt they would've won 70+ games AND the championship if CP3 didn't miss 24 games and games 6 & 7 of the WCF

In those 60 games with the 55-5 record when all three played they posted a +11.1 differential. That'd be good for 6th all time.

LoneyROY7
12-02-2020, 10:40 PM
Obviously the biggest unknown is how John Wall will look after not playing in an NBA game since December of 2018.

He looked quick in the offseason runs I saw recently. Who knows how that will translate though.

Smook A.
12-02-2020, 10:43 PM
In those 60 games with the 55-5 record when all three played they posted a +11.1 differential. That'd be good for 6th all time.

That's unreal

Mauzah
12-02-2020, 10:45 PM
A broken down Wall is probably better than a full steam ahead functional Westbrook at this point

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 10:47 PM

Even at his best John Wall wasn't that impactful. Chris Paul this past season was still more impactful than John Wall was in 2017 his best season. 4.63 PIPM to 2.89 PIPM. Now coming off what is usually a career altering injury? lol Good luck Rockets. He's had a shit load of time to work on his jump shot, too, but I'd assume it's still straight ass. Hayward improved his jumper with all his time off, so no excuses.

Real Men Wear Green
12-02-2020, 10:48 PM
Washington is a good team for Westbrook. A team that needs him to dominate the ball and get 30, 10 and 10. Won't win a championship that way but you can make the playoffs and for Washington that's a big deal.

Axe
12-02-2020, 10:52 PM
I wonder if things with him and beal will work out

DMAVS41
12-02-2020, 10:55 PM

I disagree.

The Rockets with Westbrook were not going to contend for a title anyway and needed to make a change. From the Rockets perspective, they at least get an asset back and a player in Wall that it doesn't really matter how good he is for the most likely outcome of trading Harden anyway.

The Wizards get better and don't pay much of a price to improve with losing a decent, but not great pick likely.

I'd also argue that there is roughly a 10% chance or so that Wall looks good and actually fits better on this Rockets team than Westbrook would.

I really don't see much of a downside for either team. Rockets weren't going anywhere by keeping Westbrook and would still face the Harden situation concerning a trade... and the Wizards paid a small price to likely get better.

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 11:00 PM
I disagree.

The Rockets with Westbrook were not going to contend for a title anyway and needed to make a change. From the Rockets perspective, they at least get an asset back and a player in Wall that it doesn't really matter how good he is for the most likely outcome of trading Harden anyway.

The Wizards get better and don't pay much of a price to improve with losing a decent, but not great pick likely.

I'd also argue that there is roughly a 10% chance or so that Wall looks good and actually fits better on this Rockets team than Westbrook would.

I really don't see much of a downside for either team. Rockets weren't going anywhere by keeping Westbrook and would still face the Harden situation concerning a trade... and the Wizards paid a small price to likely get better.

When you consider all they gave up to get Westbrook the Rockets take a huge L. They are basically ****ed for a decade.

DMAVS41
12-02-2020, 11:23 PM
When you consider all they gave up to get Westbrook the Rockets take a huge L. They are basically ****ed for a decade.

The Paul for Russ trade was bad, but I understand why they did it. Paul was breaking down as usual late in the year and Harden wanted Russ, but yes...that move hurt them.

But you can't go back in time. This move nets them an extra pick and while they are likely to be worse, it doesn't really matter because they weren't going to do anything of note with Westbrook instead of Wall anyway.

This likely ends with Harden being traded at the deadline this year...and that was the path they were on whether they had Russ or Wall.

I personally would trade Harden now, but I understand that they may want to see how Wall looks and what Silas can do. I really like the Wood addition as well. Low probability, but there is some version of this Rockets team that is actually better than the one last year. I'd be a tough sell, but someone might be able to convince me it is worth seeing how that plays out before trading Harden at the deadline.

However, if Harden got hurt or something...ugh...then they don't get anything back for Harden and they really are screwed for a long time.

Jasper
12-02-2020, 11:32 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30439266/sources-houston-rockets-washington-wizards-agree-russell-westbrook-john-wall-deal

Houston were some what close to a chip with Ariza playing defense ... but they have gone down hill in a hurry.
I'd say Washington could be a player for the 8th seed , depending on how Ball plays for the Hornets

Smoke117
12-02-2020, 11:35 PM
The Paul for Russ trade was bad, but I understand why they did it. Paul was breaking down as usual late in the year and Harden wanted Russ, but yes...that move hurt them.

But you can't go back in time. This move nets them an extra pick and while they are likely to be worse, it doesn't really matter because they weren't going to do anything of note with Westbrook instead of Wall anyway.

This likely ends with Harden being traded at the deadline this year...and that was the path they were on whether they had Russ or Wall.

I personally would trade Harden now, but I understand that they may want to see how Wall looks and what Silas can do. I really like the Wood addition as well. Low probability, but there is some version of this Rockets team that is actually better than the one last year. I'd be a tough sell, but someone might be able to convince me it is worth seeing how that plays out before trading Harden at the deadline.

However, if Harden got hurt or something...ugh...then they don't get anything back for Harden and they really are screwed for a long time.

Gotta love the irony of Paul having a super healthy season. :oldlol: The only games he missed this season were because of Kobe's death and then covid. He played in all back to back games and never rested. Hopefully he can keep that trend going for the Suns. Westbrook was the one all gimpy. They probably could have kept it together if Harden just chilled out. He was just controlling the ball way too much in 19 as opposed to 18. I get that he had to with injuries, but he never reverted back what worked so well in 18. As I've pointed out before...Paul without Harden in the line up in 19:

"In the 727 minutes Chris Paul played without James Harden last season, Paul averaged 22.5 points, 12.5 assists, and 5.4 rebounds on a 58.1 TS% per 36 minutes. Rockets had a +10.4 Net Rating in those minutes."

alexthegod
12-02-2020, 11:35 PM
Stunner of a move.

Wizards grade A: They get a better player and maybe more importantly the healthier player. The also save money as Westbrooks contract is two years instead of Walls three years. Westbrook should be able to get this team back to the playoffs and that in itself would be a win for Washington. Getting out of that contract was another win.

Rockets grade D: This deal makes zero sense for Houston. They get a player who is coming off an Achilles tear and missed the entire season. He missed half the season before that and needed knee surgery. They also are on the hook for an extra year on his contract for max money. IF and that is a massive IF Wall can come back to form there are also fit issues. Wall isnt a good three point shooter and needs the ball in his hands.. HMMM sounds a lot like the problematic fit with Westbrook. Now if Wall never comes back to form this is a huge disaster of a trade. This is a massive gamble for the Rockets with little upside.

alexthegod
12-02-2020, 11:44 PM
I disagree.

There is a huge downside for Houston. If Wall isnt the allstar he once was, they are stuck paying him max money for three years. Three years of max money on a broken player will cripple this team for the duration of his contract. Even if he does come back to form I cant see how he makes them better enough to be worth the risk.

I would have rather seen them Trade Westbrook for a bunch of expiring deals and just free up the money. That has a much better chance of improving the team. Or they could have traded for multiple assets that add up to max money and flipped those players for picks. I'd take picks and money over John Wall.

Achilles is about the worst injury an NBA player can get. its so hard to come back from that.

LukeWalton
12-02-2020, 11:52 PM
just realized Westbrook is re-united with Scottie

Jasper
12-02-2020, 11:54 PM
"In the 727 minutes Chris Paul played without James Harden last season, Paul averaged 22.5 points, 12.5 assists, and 5.4 rebounds on a 58.1 TS% per 36 minutes. Rockets had a +10.4 Net Rating in those minutes."
Well said as ball hogs go , they typically go no where in the playoffs - and that is what Harden is a stat collector.
I just wonder who is going to cover for Wall and Harden's inefficiencies as defenders ?!? lol

LoneyROY7
12-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Well said as ball hogs go , they typically go no where in the playoffs - and that is what Harden is a stat collector.
I just wonder who is going to cover for Wall and Harden's inefficiencies as defenders ?!? lol

Welcome to 2020. First, Harden is a legit defender. Second, when has Wall been a bad defender?

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2020, 12:02 AM
There is a huge downside for Houston. If Wall isnt the allstar he once was, they are stuck paying him max money for three years. Three years of max money on a broken player will cripple this team for the duration of his contract. Even if he does come back to form I cant see how he makes them better enough to be worth the risk.

I would have rather seen them Trade Westbrook for a bunch of expiring deals and just free up the money. That has a much better chance of improving the team. Or they could have traded for multiple assets that add up to max money and flipped those players for picks. I'd take picks and money over John Wall.

Achilles is about the worst injury an NBA player can get. its so hard to come back from that.

No one wanted Westbook! They didn't have options

Smoke117
12-03-2020, 12:09 AM

Welcome to 2020. First, Harden is a legit defender. Second, when has Wall been a bad defender?

Wall has been coasting off a reputation he made before the 2017 season defensively. He hasn't played much after the 2016 season. I suppose he could start playing some defense again now that he'll have a chip on his shoulder.

iamgine
12-03-2020, 12:16 AM
Hardened Wall has a nice ring to it. if they win.

imdaman99
12-03-2020, 12:17 AM
You're pretty insufferable yourself tbh :oldlol:

I'll never forget how when people were bashing Westbrook in the 1st round against the Thunder, you tried justifying his poor performance by bringing up how he scored 43 points in the 2012 finals... like that even mattered :roll:

I've never seen someone suck Westbrook's dick harder than you. At least OKC fans could admit whenever Westbrook played bad, unlike you.

Nice job dude, stay classy. I wasn't calling you insufferable but turns out it clearly struck a nerve with the way you reacted to that post. But I'll be more than happy to never have to watch a Rockets game again :cheers: good luck with all the picks you gave up for Russ :roll: I'm sure you're laughing right now, like that even matters :djparty

DMAVS41
12-03-2020, 12:21 AM

I disagree and I think you aren't understanding how low Westbrook's trade value was. This might have been the only deal possible to move him. He's making like an average of 44 million the next 3 seasons.

Again, we already know the Rockets with Westbrook aren't doing anything. They aren't contending...so unless the goal is to win some games in the regular season and lose in the 2nd round...my argument is that the Rockets don't care about going from that to doing to first round loss or worse.

And if they do trade Harden...you want to be as bad as possible for a couple years to rebuild through the draft.

We have to remember the current state of the Rockets before this trade...disgruntled star that wants out and a team with no chance of contending in current form. Not sure how this trade has a huge downside if we are honest about what they really are.

LoneyROY7
12-03-2020, 12:39 AM
Was just wacthing this podcast from early November with Gil and Wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMK4zr22SOY&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=FuboSports

First, Gilbert Arenas knows some god damn basketball! Second, Wall seems like he's been really committed to improving his game from the outside which is very encouraging. Gil also mentioned how John's achillles rupture wasn't on his lead jumping leg and that's why it shouldn't have much of an effect on his speed/leaping ability. Also encouraging.

Kinda interested to see what this Rockets team would look like. All depends on how committed Harden is I guess.

Smook A.
12-03-2020, 12:49 AM
Nice job dude, stay classy. I wasn't calling you insufferable but turns out it clearly struck a nerve with the way you reacted to that post. But I'll be more than happy to never have to watch a Rockets game again :cheers: good luck with all the picks you gave up for Russ :roll: I'm sure you're laughing right now, like that even matters :djparty

I reacted that way because it's more of a culmination of the ridiculous things you've said. For example, early last season when Russ was struggling, I remember one time late in a game I said put Russ on the bench and here you come out of nowhere bringing up stupid shit saying "Yeah lets put an MVP on the bench for a role player". Basically whatever bs you spewed out that day translated to "Because he's a former MVP, he should never be ridiculed for his mistakes". Completely ignoring how much he was costing the Rockets in that game.

THEN you went on this whole tyrant accusing me of hating Russ because Harden lost the MVP to him in 2017 and that I hated when Rockets traded CP3 for him (neither of those were true). I didn't forget about those false claims. Also newsflash, you can like a player and still call them out for their bad decisions.

I'm glad you won't be rooting for the Rockets anymore. Have fun watching the Wizards fight for a top 10 spot in the lottery, along with the Knicks who are guaranteed to be bottom 5 in the league once again.

imdaman99
12-03-2020, 12:58 AM
I reacted that way because it's more of a culmination of the ridiculous things you've said. For example, early last season when Russ was struggling, I remember one time late in a game I said put Russ on the bench and here you come out of nowhere bringing up stupid shit saying "Yeah lets put an MVP on the bench for a role player". Basically whatever bs you spewed out that day translated to "Because he's a former MVP, he should never be ridiculed for his mistakes". Completely ignoring how much he was costing the Rockets in that game.

THEN you went on this whole tyrant accusing me of hating Russ because Harden lost the MVP to him in 2017 and that I hated when Rockets traded CP3 for him (neither of those were true). I didn't forget about those false claims. Also newsflash, you can like a player and still call them out for their bad decisions.

I'm glad you won't be rooting for the Rockets anymore. Have fun watching the Wizards fight for a top 10 spot in the lottery, along with the Knicks who are guaranteed to be bottom 5 in the league once again.

I call Westbrook out all the time :wtf: Just because I defend him doesn't mean I don't call him out. You just glance over that because it doesn't appeal to you. I never once said Harden should be benched, even when he was shooting 2-18 or something like that :facepalm the fact that you melted down in the beginning of the season over Russ having a bad game shows how unreasonable you are. Game 2, OMG WESTBROOK IS DOING SO BAD PLEASE GET DANUEL HOUSE IN THE GAME OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IF WE LOSE THIS GAME OMIGOSH :lol lighten up man.

Wizards top 10 pick? Is that what you're expecting to get? :lol avy bet?

Smoke117
12-03-2020, 12:59 AM
I call Westbrook out all the time :wtf: Just because I defend him doesn't mean I don't call him out. You just glance over that because it doesn't appeal to you. I never once said Harden should be benched, even when he was shooting 2-18 or something like that :facepalm the fact that you melted down in the beginning of the season over Russ having a bad game shows how unreasonable you are. Game 2, OMG WESTBROOK IS DOING SO BAD PLEASE GET DANUEL HOUSE IN THE GAME OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IF WE LOSE THIS GAME OMIGOSH :lol lighten up man.

Current Chris Paul > current Russell Westbrook.

imdaman99
12-03-2020, 01:01 AM
Current Chris Paul > current Russell Westbrook.

Oh boy, taking on both smoke and smook at the same time. This is fun :lol

Suns vs Wizards... I don't wanna make a bet on that since the Suns have a lot of talent. So let's just wait and see. Should be a fun season... starts in less than 3 weeks. Will make a Suns vs Wizards game thread unless 1 of them is out for it :cheers:

Smoke117
12-03-2020, 01:11 AM
Oh boy, taking on both smoke and smook at the same time. This is fun :lol

Suns vs Wizards... I don't wanna make a bet on that since the Suns have a lot of talent. So let's just wait and see. Should be a fun season... starts in less than 3 weeks. Will make a Suns vs Wizards game thread unless 1 of them is out for it :cheers:

Chris Paul PIPM this past season: 4.65 for 6th in the league, Russell Westbrook PIPM: 0.70 for whatever in the league.

PP34Deuce
12-03-2020, 01:16 AM
Houston is gonna blow this up in a year.

Smook A.
12-03-2020, 01:16 AM

Beginning of the season? No, it was more like 10-15 games in. I wasn't melting down either, I just remember Westbrook kept making bad decisions over and over and at that point I got understandably frustrated. In that game he was a big negative whenever he was on the floor, so of course I wanted him to be benched for someone else in order to win. That wasn't what pissed me off though, it was when you came out of nowhere acting like me being mad at Westbrook wasn't justified. You brought up how he's an MVP, and that he shouldn't be benched for a player less superior than him. THEN, you accused me of hating Russ and went down a totally different rabbit hole that had absolutely nothing to do with the game. Might wanna pull up those old posts to see how ridiculous you sounded there

Also, you thought I wasn't being fair because I was only calling out Russ. I call out Harden too, and there have been many many times where I've been upset over his decision-making. Just an fyi

Kiddlovesnets
12-03-2020, 02:17 AM
Now I wonder what will happen to Harden, dont think he will be traded anytime soon but this one surely increases the chance that he gets shipped in the mid-season.

Sulico
12-03-2020, 04:07 AM
Wow. It's amazing how deep RW have sunk.

Traded to Washington for worst contract in history of NBA and people are still split about who won the trade...

Stephonit
12-03-2020, 04:21 AM
Remember the media broke their rules of thumb to vote for this guy as MVP.

Doranku
12-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Traded to Washington for worst contract in history of NBA and people are still split about who won the trade...

Wizards also gave Otto Porter a 26 mil/year contract. :oldlol: What an embarrassing franchise.

r0drig0lac
12-03-2020, 09:25 AM
A broken down Wall is probably better than a full steam ahead functional Westbrook at this point

Wall was NEVER better than Westbrook, not even for a season.

Sulico
12-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Wizards also gave Otto Porter a 26 mil/year contract. :oldlol: What an embarrassing franchise.

Well, at least I understand Otto Porter signing.
He was young, promising, tall wing who could defend and shoot lights out when open.
And they matched BRK offer in free agency and didn't just give him this contract out of nowhere.

Signing point guard, who can't shoot or defend, 2 years prior to his free agency to a supermax deal, that I can't understand.

bluechox2
12-03-2020, 09:31 AM
rockets needed a wing more than a playmaker who will be a spot up shooter next to harden... they should flip wall for a shooting guard/small forward wing, send wall to indy for oladipo and sabonis, or go get paul george

NBAGOAT
12-03-2020, 09:37 AM
rockets needed a wing more than a playmaker who will be a spot up shooter next to harden... they should flip wall for a shooting guard/small forward wing, send wall to indy for oladipo and sabonis, or go get paul george

Lol neither of these are realistic at all. Wall would be lucky to get back someone like Blake griffin in return

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2020, 09:48 AM

and why would those teams do that?

Basketball r Us
12-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Stunner of a move.

Wizards grade A: They get a better player and maybe more importantly the healthier player. The also save money as Westbrooks contract is two years instead of Walls three years. Westbrook should be able to get this team back to the playoffs and that in itself would be a win for Washington. Getting out of that contract was another win.

Rockets grade D: This deal makes zero sense for Houston. They get a player who is coming off an Achilles tear and missed the entire season. He missed half the season before that and needed knee surgery. They also are on the hook for an extra year on his contract for max money. IF and that is a massive IF Wall can come back to form there are also fit issues. Wall isnt a good three point shooter and needs the ball in his hands.. HMMM sounds a lot like the problematic fit with Westbrook. Now if Wall never comes back to form this is a huge disaster of a trade. This is a massive gamble for the Rockets with little upside.

Head scratcher move by the Rockets. Can’t they get a healthy player instead ?

L.Kizzle
12-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Rockets just go 2 players who missed the entire last season.

LeCola
12-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Next move sounds like "Harden for Klay"

MaxPlayer
12-03-2020, 10:21 AM

I mean, even when he was MVP a lot of people weren't sold on him being a winning player.

tontoz
12-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Wow. Not sure how i feel about this. Westbrook is clearly the better player but he is a low iq chucker. At least he plays hard every night which Wall didnt do.

Looks like we are still stuck in mediocrity.

AirTupac
12-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Wow. Not sure how i feel about this. Westbrook is clearly the better player but he is a low iq chucker. At least he plays hard every night which Wall didnt do.

Fits your loser franchise dumbazz

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Rockets just go 2 players who missed the entire last season.

one is on a minimum non guaranteed deal

rawimpact
12-03-2020, 11:43 AM
What in the hell are the Rockets doing? This looks to be more of a middle of the line move than anything.

Their thought process must have been lets see how Harden does with Wall, If Harden ends up going, atleast we got a 1st round out of Westbrook.

They could have received a whole lot more for Westbrook IMO -- but who knows what offers were really available. I cannot imagine Harden is going to be any more motivated to start the season with Wall.

Jasper
12-03-2020, 12:05 PM
What in the hell are the Rockets doing? This looks to be more of a middle of the line move than anything.

Their thought process must have been lets see how Harden does with Wall, If Harden ends up going, atleast we got a 1st round out of Westbrook.

They could have received a whole lot more for Westbrook IMO -- but who knows what offers were really available. I cannot imagine Harden is going to be any more motivated to start the season with Wall.

your right about Westbrook ... remember he is a MVP and most trible doubles in one year BUT
he has to have the ball in his hands all most 100% of the time , because of his drive , and many teams are scared of that...
That is why he will never be on a contender until his prime years are past , and becomes a 3rd option.
Houston is going in the toilet for sure.

8Ball
12-03-2020, 12:13 PM

If you can surround westbrook with shooters you may be a top 4 eastern team.

FireDavidKahn
12-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Westbrick is one of the worst shooters in history. Yes volume matters.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1334512727805448192

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Russell Westbrook is a career 30.5 percent three-point shooter, the worst in NBA history among players with 2,500 attempts.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoSkOvIWMAIC5fy?format=jpg&name=small

Kingwillball
12-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Knicks should of been all over it Nitokina, Knox and another useful player not named Barrett or Mitchel Robinson or the rookie new pick.

HylianNightmare
12-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Washington making the playoffs at least

PeroAntic
12-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Another superstar for Harden to try and win and instead fail gloriously. :oldlol:

How many more?

bizil
12-03-2020, 02:51 PM
IF Wall can get back to at least 85% of what he was before, this could be great for the Rockers on the sneak tip! I hear the analysts on TV talking about Wall and Westbrook are the SAME TYPE of player. That's just not true. Both are freakish athletes that's all they have in common. Wall is a PASS FIRST PG content to average 19-22 PPG, drop 9-10 dimes a night, and play elite defense. Russ is a SCORE FIRST PG who is also a triple double machine. So when Wall does get ball dominant, it's MOST LIKELY to drop off dimes for his team.

If you are phenomenal scorer like Harden who likes to dominate the rock, Wall is the better fit. Harden with CP3 had GSW on the ropes BIG TIME! CP's injury and their cold 3 ball shooting saved GSW's ass! A huge reason the Rockets did great that year is BECAUSE CP3 is a pass first PG whose BEST ATTRIBUTE is his floor game (passing, defense). Plus he can still help Harden big time on the scoring end as well. Wall is similar in that regard, just can't shoot as well as CP3.

And if Wall doesn't score in a while, he's not gonna force shit up like Russ would. BECAUSE Wall's FLOOR GAME (like CP3) is his best asset! IF Wall and Boogie can get back to 85% of what they were, Harden would have WAY MORE INCENTIVE to stay and build on that! Russ is a better player than Wall don't get it twisted. BUT alongside dominant scorers, guys like CP and Wall are the better fit! They are some of the last pass first PGs left in the league.

LoneyROY7
12-03-2020, 02:57 PM
Jus read that John Wall for his career is a 38.5% catch-and-shoot 3-point shooter. :eek:

That's HUGE.

tontoz
12-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Jus read that John Wall for his career is a 38.5% catch-and-shoot 3-point shooter. :eek:

That's HUGE.

Wall doesn't move without the ball. At all. That kind of limits the number of catch and shoot opportunities he gets.

His favorite shot is actually the midrange pullup off the dribble which he shoots sub-40%.

LoneyROY7
12-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Wall doesn't move without the ball. At all. That kind of limits the number of catch and shoot opportunities he gets.

His favorite shot is actually the midrange pullup off the dribble which he shoots sub-40%.

He doesn't have to move off the ball. He just has to hit the wide-open shots he gets from the attention Harden draws at a decent clip.

AirTupac
12-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Its so cute watching 2 retards talk about their trash players/teams.

Basketball r Us
12-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Rockets.....lol. Ball Hungry James meet Ball Hungry (limping) John.

tpols
12-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Hopefully Harden is leaving... John Wall sucks. He's basically a slightly less stupid version of westbrook but with all the same flaws ~ can't shoot, can't space, monopolizes the ball, etc.

tpols
12-03-2020, 04:53 PM

That's HUGE.

:roll:

You're in for a real big surprise if you think John Wall can shoot.

Basketball r Us
12-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Lebron’s teammates get paid.

Harden’s teammates get traded.

DMAVS41
12-03-2020, 07:20 PM
It amazes me that a lot of people here and in the media are viewing this trade as if the Rockets only concern was getting better. Kind of shocking honestly.

They traded a bad contract / player they didn't want and weren't doing anything with for another bad contract / player they don't want...plus a pick. That really is it...and they know trading Harden this year is likely unless a lot falls into place.

Which is exactly the scenario they were facing before the trade...now they just have an extra pick. Honestly not sure the confusion by so many people....especially when most of you clowned Russ/Harden and the Rockets all year.

Kblaze8855
12-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Westbrick is one of the worst shooters in history. Yes volume matters.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1334512727805448192

No it really doesn’t. It’s like how Barkley is(or at least has been for decades) the worst 3 point shooter by percentage in playoff history(maybe it was regular season too). It’s the worst on any kind of volume but the list of power forwards who couldn’t shoot like him is long.

As with all else....it’s relative.

DoctorP
12-03-2020, 08:04 PM
Walls jumper is even more broken than Westbrook's.

Yikes.

Bye bye Harden.

DoctorP
12-03-2020, 08:05 PM
I expect Houston to begin rebuilding soon.

Sulico
12-04-2020, 01:50 AM
IF Wall can get back to at least 85% of what he was before, this could be great for the Rockers on the sneak tip! I hear the analysts on TV talking about Wall and Westbrook are the SAME TYPE of player. That's just not true. Both are freakish athletes that's all they have in common. Wall is a PASS FIRST PG content to average 19-22 PPG, drop 9-10 dimes a night, and play elite defense. Russ is a SCORE FIRST PG who is also a triple double machine. So when Wall does get ball dominant, it's MOST LIKELY to drop off dimes for his team.

If you are phenomenal scorer like Harden who likes to dominate the rock, Wall is the better fit. Harden with CP3 had GSW on the ropes BIG TIME! CP's injury and their cold 3 ball shooting saved GSW's ass! A huge reason the Rockets did great that year is BECAUSE CP3 is a pass first PG whose BEST ATTRIBUTE is his floor game (passing, defense). Plus he can still help Harden big time on the scoring end as well. Wall is similar in that regard, just can't shoot as well as CP3.

And if Wall doesn't score in a while, he's not gonna force shit up like Russ would. BECAUSE Wall's FLOOR GAME (like CP3) is his best asset! IF Wall and Boogie can get back to 85% of what they were, Harden would have WAY MORE INCENTIVE to stay and build on that! Russ is a better player than Wall don't get it twisted. BUT alongside dominant scorers, guys like CP and Wall are the better fit! They are some of the last pass first PGs left in the league.

Wall plays ELITE defense?
What are you smoking? Send some over plz.

Doranku
12-04-2020, 02:10 AM
It amazes me that a lot of people here and in the media are viewing this trade as if the Rockets only concern was getting better. Kind of shocking honestly.

They traded a bad contract / player they didn't want and weren't doing anything with for another bad contract / player they don't want...plus a pick. That really is it...and they know trading Harden this year is likely unless a lot falls into place.

Which is exactly the scenario they were facing before the trade...now they just have an extra pick. Honestly not sure the confusion by so many people....especially when most of you clowned Russ/Harden and the Rockets all year.

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone could think Houston made this trade to remain contenders. :lol It's much closer to being the first step of blowing it up.

tanibanana
12-04-2020, 05:26 AM
No clear winner so far... the fun part is both team gets intriguing. :rockon:

bizil
12-04-2020, 01:08 PM
Yeah I'm not sure how anyone could think Houston made this trade to remain contenders. :lol It's much closer to being the first step of blowing it up.

The WILD CARD is if Wall and Boogie get back very close or all the way back to their All Star form. And if Harden stays around long enough to see how they look playing with him. And FROM THERE decides to stay in Houston. If ALL THESE THINGS happen, then Houston is a top 3-4 seed in the West type of team. They would be MORE EQUIPPED to battle those big teams out West. A healthy Wall and Boogie with Harden would ACTUALLY be as formidable trio ON PAPER as there is in the league. That's a top 3 caliber backcourt in the league and a top 3 center in the league on the same team. It would be up to them to make it happen on the court.

If NONE OF THESE THINGS HAPPEN, then of course you blow it up. IF Wall and Boogie make it back to their previous form and Harden still leaves, at least you have two All Stars to build around. Houston made the move in a WAIT AND SEE type of approach.

bizil
12-04-2020, 01:21 PM
No clear winner so far... the fun part is both team gets intriguing. :rockon:

EXACTLY! I keep stating if Wall and Boogie are close to their old form and Harden sticks around LONG ENOUGH to see how it words for a significant amount of time, he may want to stick around in Houston. I'm amazed how the media doesn't bring this up more. OF COURSE there's a great chance Harden is done ALREADY and wants to get out of H Town ASAP! But Houston DOESN'T have to trade him right away though either. In the interim, you never know what could happen. I think Harden still puts a PREMIUM on being the #1 option on a top 3-4 seed playoff team, he AT LEAST needs to see how Wall and Boogie look alongside him. If Harden gets traded to the Nets, the package of Nets players ALONG with a back to form Wall and Boogie isn't a bad cast of characters at all.

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2020, 01:33 PM
The WILD CARD is if Wall and Boogie get back very close or all the way back to their All Star form. And if Harden stays around long enough to see how they look playing with him. And FROM THERE decides to stay in Houston. If ALL THESE THINGS happen, then Houston is a top 3-4 seed in the West type of team. They would be MORE EQUIPPED to battle those big teams out West. A healthy Wall and Boogie with Harden would ACTUALLY be as formidable trio ON PAPER as there is in the league. That's a top 3 caliber backcourt in the league and a top 3 center in the league on the same team. It would be up to them to make it happen on the court.

If NONE OF THESE THINGS HAPPEN, then of course you blow it up. IF Wall and Boogie make it back to their previous form and Harden still leaves, at least you have two All Stars to build around. Houston made the move in a WAIT AND SEE type of approach.

Cousins back to all star form? :roll:

Cousins is not top 3 center even if he's back to his old self. Empty stats loser like Towns

ralph_i_el
12-04-2020, 02:06 PM
No it really doesn’t. It’s like how Barkley is(or at least has been for decades) the worst 3 point shooter by percentage in playoff history(maybe it was regular season too). It’s the worst on any kind of volume but the list of power forwards who couldn’t shoot like him is long.

As with all else....it’s relative.

The list of power forwards that can't shoot is a lot longer than the list of lead-guards who can't shoot.

Manny98
12-04-2020, 02:11 PM
So are Houston going to trade Harden or....

Because they're not going anywhere with Harden, Wall & Cousins

May as well get what you can with Harden & start over

DMAVS41
12-04-2020, 05:38 PM

Yep...and, most importantly imo, they weren't contenders to begin with. They were not actual contenders with Westbrook.

They moved a bad contract for another bad contract and a pick...with a team they know can't win.

I will say though...there is a chance, albeit very small, that this Rockets team is better with Wall/Wood/Silas than it was last year. Like I said, I'd trade Harden now, but I kind of understand if the Rockets want to see what this looks like. I think Silas is going to be a really good coach and I think Wood with Harden/Wall could also be very good.

But the reactions are weird...everyone is acting like the Rockets, before this trade, had a chance to win a title...and that just isn't true....and even funnier...most people clowned them all of last year.

DMAVS41
12-04-2020, 05:39 PM
So are Houston going to trade Harden or....

Because they're not going anywhere with Harden, Wall & Cousins

May as well get what you can with Harden & start over

Yep...that is likely what is going to happen...and now they have an extra first round pick for a rebuilding franchise. Just like they did with Covington...got an extra pick.

I will just keep adding...they weren't going anywhere with Harden/Westbrook either...it isn't like they gave up on a team that was going to do anything of note in the playoffs. Hell, they barely beat the Thunder in round 1.

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Yep...and, most importantly imo, they weren't contenders to begin with. They were not actual contenders with Westbrook.

They moved a bad contract for another bad contract and a pick...with a team they know can't win.

I will say though...there is a chance, albeit very small, that this Rockets team is better with Wall/Wood/Silas than it was last year. Like I said, I'd trade Harden now, but I kind of understand if the Rockets want to see what this looks like. I think Silas is going to be a really good coach and I think Wood with Harden/Wall could also be very good.

But the reactions are weird...everyone is acting like the Rockets, before this trade, had a chance to win a title...and that just isn't true....and even funnier...most people clowned them all of last year.

How will Wood see the floor with Cousins back though?

LoneyROY7
12-04-2020, 06:46 PM
How will Wood see the floor with Cousins back though?

Wood would be the starting center...

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Wood would be the starting center...

But Cousins is returning to all star form!