PDA

View Full Version : Who matches up the best against lakers?

Bronbron23
12-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Let's be honest nobody is beating them this year but who do you think matches up well and has a chance? This will probably sound nuts to most people but i actually think phoenix might match up better than anyone. They have a legit big in ayton. No He's not AD but he should bw able to hold his own against him. Booker has come into his own. He'll be one of the best scorers this year. They have chris paul running the show and then they have one of the better young 3 and d players in cam johnson. They have every angle covered. Big, scoring gaurd, playmaker, defence and 3 point shooting. They'll probably be one of the better 3 point shooting teams this year. Especially with the addition of paul and saric.

Denver could be interesting also. If porter steps up more this year and bol bol has a breakout year denver could have some serious size and length that could be a problem on both ends.

LAmbruh
12-05-2020, 02:46 PM
another nightmare season for your ilk desperately searching for a team to root for

thots and prayers shit stain

Docs Orders
12-05-2020, 02:54 PM
another nightmare season for your ilk desperately searching for a team to root for

got em

biggestnbafan
12-05-2020, 03:02 PM
bol bol has a breakout year denver could have some serious size and length that could be a problem on both ends.

Bol Bol would get bullied so bad lol.
Dude straight up needs to put up 50-60lbs just to keep a gust of wind from blowing him away.

Bronbron23
12-05-2020, 03:23 PM

I like lakers and bron its his stans that are bitches

RRR3
12-05-2020, 03:41 PM
I like lakers and bron its his stans that are bitches
No one thinks you like LeBron. Give it up already.

Bronbron23
12-05-2020, 06:03 PM
No one thinks you like LeBron. Give it up already.

No, none of the fakkit bron stans on here think i like him but that's because yall are some weirdos. If you dont lick his nuts and show blind faith your not a real fan according to yall idiots. I've said he's the best in the league and one if the best ever. I just dont think he's as good as mj. How is that hating? Even this thread is acknowledging how good he is.

Again my problem aint with bron its with his goofy ass stans.

Bronbron23
12-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Bol Bol would get bullied so bad lol.
Dude straight up needs to put up 50-60lbs just to keep a gust of wind from blowing him away.

It didnt seemed to hurt kd or kg. They made out just fine.

HBK_Kliq_2
12-05-2020, 06:07 PM
For sure clippers because Kawhi and George can guard LeBron. People forget that Lebron shot like 50% TS against clippers last season. Lakers only hope in beating Clippers is if Anthony Davis goes off. Hopefully Ibaka can slow down AD a little bit this year.

Bronbron23
12-05-2020, 06:09 PM
For sure clippers because Kawhi and George can guard LeBron. People forget that Lebron shot like 50% TS against clippers last season. Lakers only hope in beating Clippers is if Anthony Davis goes off. Hopefully Ibaka can slow down AD a little bit this year.

Yeah kawhi and pg can contain bron somewhat but You really think ibaka can gaurd ad? Ad gonna kill the Clippers if they match up.

Trollsmasher
12-05-2020, 06:16 PM

relying on regular season numbers:oldlol:

Bronbron23
12-05-2020, 07:08 PM

Well kawhi has given bron problems in the past in the post season but he can't stop him. Just contain him as much as possible.

HBK_Kliq_2
12-05-2020, 07:24 PM

You got blown out by 25PPG the last time you faced Kawhi in playoffs

HBK_Kliq_2
12-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Yeah kawhi and pg can contain bron somewhat but You really think ibaka can gaurd ad? Ad gonna kill the Clippers if they match up.

Yeah I think a hard double on Davis when he posts up or gets in the paint.

Man to man with Lebron and use mostly Kawhi and some George.

Should get the job done or at least do better then any other team can.

red1
12-05-2020, 07:26 PM
Adam silver and the refs are the main opponent.

Just like last season, where they somehow overcame the refs.

highwhey
12-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Phoenix

CP3-Booker back court will be dangerous and we all know the laker's weakness is their front court, especially with Rondo departing.

Bron and AD present a big challenge, but Mikal Bridges is on his way to being an elite wing defender and at Bron's age, i'm not too worried about him bullying his way to the rim...he can't keep it up enough for it to be a mismatch. AD vs Ayton will be problematic even with Ayton improving extensively at defense. I think the series would come down to who is exploiting the other team's mismatch more? CP3+Book or AD?

AussieSteve
12-05-2020, 10:36 PM
Yeah I think a hard double on Davis when he posts up or gets in the paint.

Man to man with Lebron and use mostly Kawhi and some George.

Should get the job done or at least do better then any other team can.

As much as I am loathed to agree with you, this is the answer.

AD will destroy anyone 1 on 1, but he's a bit of a deer in the headlights when he's doubled. If you trap him, you take him out of the game. It then becomes LeBron's job to carry the offense. No team has better perimeter defense than the Clippers, meaning that they will give lebron the most trouble... assuming they don't choke.

imdaman99
12-05-2020, 10:40 PM
No one

https://media2.giphy.com/media/dIBUivrF5GQJmHx0XQ/source.gif

light
12-05-2020, 10:40 PM
Let's be honest nobody is beating them this year but who do you think matches up well and has a chance? This will probably sound nuts to most people but i actually think phoenix might match up better than anyone. They have a legit big in ayton. No He's not AD but he should bw able to hold his own against him. Booker has come into his own. He'll be one of the best scorers this year. They have chris paul running the show and then they have one of the better young 3 and d players in cam johnson. They have every angle covered. Big, scoring gaurd, playmaker, defence and 3 point shooting. They'll probably be one of the better 3 point shooting teams this year. Especially with the addition of paul and saric.

Denver could be interesting also. If porter steps up more this year and bol bol has a breakout year denver could have some serious size and length that could be a problem on both ends.

The answer is the Nets if they get Harden.

StrongLurk
12-05-2020, 11:06 PM
Clippers, potentially the Nets if KD is back 100%.

alexthegod
12-05-2020, 11:48 PM
The Bucs are still a great team that cant figure out how to win in the post season. Giannis will cause all kinds of problems for the Lakers. Lets see if Jrue Holiday is the difference maker. They have the size and firepower to hang with the Lakers. BUT they gotta find a way to get to the Finals first. Its always hard to win the first time you get to the finals.

A close second is the Clippers. As much as I cant stand the Clippers, Kawhi, and Paul George, they are the deepest team that can match up the best with the Lakers. But the Lakers are going to make PG beat them and I dont think he has it in him. he isnt a killer and he has a proven track record of being really bad in the when it counts the most. Ibaka has a better chance defending Davis than most top teams. I think Kawhi forgot how much help he had in San Antonio, how great a supporting cast he had in Toronto (a team that was winning 50+ games each year), and how freakin lucky he was beating a broken Warriors team in the Finals.

I Love what Morey did in Philly, adding shooters around Embid and Simmons helps balance that team. Green and Curry where small but effective moves. I dont believe in Doc though. There is a reason why he is the only coach who has blown THREE 3-1 leads in the postseason. He might be a great locker room kind of coach, but I'm not a fan of his X's and O's. Especially his lack of making adjustments

The heat where wounded ducks in the finals, but even with a healthy Bam, I dont think they have the size to bang for seven games with the Lakers. I was absolutely stunned by Butlers performance in the finals, S T U D!

Then the wild card is the NETS. I've never liked Irving as a leader and he's had a hard time staying healthy. They also have Durant coming off an Achilles so there is no telling how effective either one is going to be. Thats a big ask to think both are going to stay healthy are return to top form.

Lastly I gotta give some love to Luka. IF and that is a massive IF the unicorn can stay healthy they have as good a shot as anyone because of that kid Luka.

highwhey
12-06-2020, 12:03 AM
The Bucs are still a great team that cant figure out how to win in the post season. Giannis will cause all kinds of problems for the Lakers. Lets see if Jrue Holiday is the difference maker. They have the size and firepower to hang with the Lakers. BUT they gotta find a way to get to the Finals first. Its always hard to win the first time you get to the finals.

A close second is the Clippers. As much as I cant stand the Clippers, Kawhi, and Paul George, they are the deepest team that can match up the best with the Lakers. But the Lakers are going to make PG beat them and I dont think he has it in him. he isnt a killer and he has a proven track record of being really bad in the when it counts the most. Ibaka has a better chance defending Davis than most top teams. I think Kawhi forgot how much help he had in San Antonio, how great a supporting cast he had in Toronto (a team that was winning 50+ games each year), and how freakin lucky he was beating a broken Warriors team in the Finals.

I Love what Morey did in Philly, adding shooters around Embid and Simmons helps balance that team. Green and Curry where small but effective moves. I dont believe in Doc though. There is a reason why he is the only coach who has blown THREE 3-1 leads in the postseason. He might be a great locker room kind of coach, but I'm not a fan of his X's and O's. Especially his lack of making adjustments

The heat where wounded ducks in the finals, but even with a healthy Bam, I dont think they have the size to bang for seven games with the Lakers. I was absolutely stunned by Butlers performance in the finals, S T U D!

Then the wild card is the NETS. I've never liked Irving as a leader and he's had a hard time staying healthy. They also have Durant coming off an Achilles so there is no telling how effective either one is going to be. Thats a big ask to think both are going to stay healthy are return to top form.

Lastly I gotta give some love to Luka. IF and that is a massive IF the unicorn can stay healthy they have as good a shot as anyone because of that kid Luka.
i stopped reading at "giannis will cause all kinds of problems for the lakers"

have you not watched him in the playoffs? the blueprint is out there...been out there for a minute now. ask nick nurse or erik spolstra.

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 01:57 PM
The answer is the Nets if they get Harden.

On paper maybe. Not sure it would work though. They'd have to give up some key defensive pieces to get harden so they'd be suspect defensively.

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 02:00 PM

Not sure greek is ready. He still has holes in his offense that enables teams to contain him come playoff time. If and when he gets a mid range and post game he'll be unstoppable. Until then he'll never win anything.