PDA

View Full Version : Who's making it to the playoffs in the west?

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 09:06 PM
West is crazy deep this year. Phoenix, pels and Memphis are on the come up. Warriors will be in the mix too. Okc, and maybe blazers are on the way out i think. Here's my 8 in order.

1. Lakers
2. Denver
3. Clippers
4. Phoenix
5. Rockets
6. warriors
7. Jazz
8. Mavs

Not confident in 6-8. Warriors, jazz, mavs, blazers and memphis all gonna be close and fighting for those last couple spots. Warriors are the toughest one to call because it depends on how Aubrey and Wiseman fit in. Aubrey has potential to be a really good player. If he balls out Warriors could be right back in it.

What you got?

Axe
12-06-2020, 09:07 PM
The warriors? Ugh. :(

highwhey
12-06-2020, 09:12 PM
West is crazy deep this year. Phoenix, pels and Memphis are on the come up. Warriors will be in the mix too. Okc, and maybe blazers are on the way out i think. Here's my 8 in order.

1. Lakers
2. Denver
3. Clippers
4. Phoenix
5. Rockets
6. warriors
7. Jazz
8. Mavs

Not confident in 6-8. Warriors, jazz, mavs, blazers and memphis all gonna be close and fighting for those last couple spots. Warriors are the toughest one to call because it depends on how Aubrey and Wiseman fit in. Aubrey has potential to be a really good player. If he balls out Warriors could be right back in it.

What you got?

I am very high on Phoenix as well, another year under Ayton and Booker after an 8-0 run in the bubble with a significantly better PG and shooters. Not to mention last season they didn't have Ayton for 30 games and they lost a lot of close games.

anyhow, I would put Jazz and Mavs and even Blazers above warriors. Steph and Oubre aren't doing jackshit lol. i'm sorry. it's hard news to hear, but he couldn't do anything without klay.

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 09:14 PM
The warriors? Ugh. :(

Hahaha i know I'm not a fan but they do look good even without klay. When he went down i said they wouldn't make playoffs but now that they have Aubrey i think they coukd make some noise. He's not klay but he is a really good player and could fit in nicely. Bit of a loose cannon but kerr can deal with that.

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 09:16 PM
I am very high on Phoenix as well, another year under Ayton and Booker after an 8-0 run in the bubble with a significantly better PG and shooters. Not to mention last season they didn't have Ayton for 30 games and they lost a lot of close games.

anyhow, I would put Jazz and Mavs and even Blazers above warriors. Steph and Oubre aren't doing jackshit lol. i'm sorry. it's hard news to hear, but he couldn't do anything without klay.

Yeah thats why i said im not confident in that Warriors pick. Klay was a perfect fit for the warriors and im not sure Aubrey will be. If he does though they could be nice. Remember Aubrey is still young and has got better every year. Could be a break out year for him. Or could be a train wreck lol

highwhey
12-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Yeah thats why i said im not confident in that Warriors pick. Klay was a perfect fit for the warriors and im not sure Aubrey will be. If he does though they could be nice. Remember Aubrey is still young and has got better every year. Could be a break out year for him. Or could be a train wreck lol

he'll be a good addition to the team, but oubre has bad tendencies like chucking shots even if he's well defended and there's an open teammate in an ideal spot to score. or decide he wants to take it to the rim when there's a traffic jam down there. if he somehow fixes those tendencies, he'll be great...huge if. lots of players never get over their tendencies...i'll say this, suns going 8-0 in the bubble wasn't a coincidence, they didn't have that anchor holding them down from playing well consistently. that's what oubre did to the line up, the lineups without him were far more efficient.

NBAGOAT
12-06-2020, 09:31 PM
you are disrespecting por pretty heavily. they're on paper an improved version of their wcf team 2 years ago. i even see others have them as the 3 seed(thinks that's overhyping them but not ridiculous).

I like go lakers, clippers, mavs, nuggets, jazz, blazer, suns, warriors. i think there's too high a chance harden leaves but if he stays they can beat out gs

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2020, 09:37 PM

Oubre was one of many stars when he was on the Suns. What happened?

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 09:39 PM
he'll be a good addition to the team, but oubre has bad tendencies like chucking shots even if he's well defended and there's an open teammate in an ideal spot to score. or decide he wants to take it to the rim when there's a traffic jam down there. if he somehow fixes those tendencies, he'll be great...huge if. lots of players never get over their tendencies...i'll say this, suns going 8-0 in the bubble wasn't a coincidence, they didn't have that anchor holding them down from playing well consistently. that's what oubre did to the line up, the lineups without him were far more efficient.

Yeah Aubrey is definitely a big if. I'm high on his potential and think the warriors culture will get him focused so im going with it but like i said I'm confident mostly for the reasons you give.

As far as Phoenix i agree 100%. They're gonna be a problem for everyone including the lakers. Dont think they can beat lakers but they should be able to give em a go.

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2020, 09:40 PM
Suns are getting overrated. Have to prove something first. The others already have. Have to see what happens in Houston and GS. Memphis and NO should certainly be in the mix as well

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 09:44 PM
you are disrespecting por pretty heavily. they're on paper an improved version of their wcf team 2 years ago. i even see others have them as the 3 seed(thinks that's overhyping them but not ridiculous).

I like go lakers, clippers, mavs, nuggets, jazz, blazer, suns, warriors. i think there's too high a chance harden leaves but if he stays they can beat out gs

Yesh i know and i actually like dame alot. Just not that big on nurkic. Cj can be a black hole at times also and defense as usual is gonna hurt them. Definitely dont see them at 3. Lakers,clippers, denver and Phoenix will all be better. After that its a crap shoot. I have them missing the playoffs but wouldn't be surprised if they ended up 5-8.

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 09:46 PM
Suns are getting overrated. Have to prove something first. The others already have. Have to see what happens in Houston and GS. Memphis and NO should certainly be in the mix as well

Yeah they do but history and common sense says they'll be good. Chris paul has proven he can take almost any team to the playoffs. He just took okc to 5th in the west and that okc team isn't anywhere near as talented as phoenix

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Yeah they do but history and common sense says they'll be good. Chris paul has proven he can take almost any team to the playoffs. He just took okc to 5th in the west and that okc team isn't anywhere near as talented as phoenix

A lot of teams are good and have been there though. OKC had plenty of talent. Talent that had been there unlike most of the Suns. They have the picks to prove it!

Bronbron23
12-06-2020, 09:56 PM
A lot of teams are good and have been there though. OKC had plenty of talent. Talent that had been there unlike most of the Suns. They have the picks to prove it!

Okc had ok talent but they weren't close to Phoenix. Ayton and booker are way better than okc 2nd and 3rd best player. Then theres still cam, bridges and saric. Your right still gotta prove it but phoenix has way more potential than okc last year.

Axe
12-06-2020, 10:01 PM
Let's see if their new head coach, mark daigneault, can lead them to a playoff spot in his rookie year.

highwhey
12-06-2020, 10:10 PM
Okc had ok talent but they weren't close to Phoenix. Ayton and booker are way better than okc 2nd and 3rd best player. Then theres still cam, bridges and saric. Your right still gotta prove it but phoenix has way more potential than okc last year.

he's a suns hater. has a history with it. and now he's pouting because Phoenix is better than his Jazz.

but yes, basically what you said is true. the funny thing is people don't realize the suns could have very well made the playoffs last year if ayton and a crapload of injuries didn't happen. they were 9 wins away from being in the playoffs, heck, they'd probably make it if it weren't for the BS rules in the bubble. blazers didn't deserve to make it.

anyhow, my point is, if ayton played those 30 games he missed and we weren't so devasted by injuries, there's a strong possibility we make the playoffs last season. and the narrative would be: CP3 joins late 6-7 seed Suns. all of a sudden people gain confidence they can be the 4th seed this season.

but xiao yao you is a straight hater.

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2020, 11:15 PM

Ayton and Booker have yet to prove anything. The 2n and 3rd best players on the Thunder have been in the playoffs. Potential is the key word here. Thunder had proven players

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2020, 11:16 PM
Let's see if their new head coach, mark daigneault, can lead them to a playoff spot in his rookie year.

Hard to make the playoffs when you're tanking. Jazz almost did

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2020, 11:21 PM
he's a suns hater. has a history with it. and now he's pouting because Phoenix is better than his Jazz.

but yes, basically what you said is true. the funny thing is people don't realize the suns could have very well made the playoffs last year if ayton and a crapload of injuries didn't happen. they were 9 wins away from being in the playoffs, heck, they'd probably make it if it weren't for the BS rules in the bubble. blazers didn't deserve to make it.

anyhow, my point is, if ayton played those 30 games he missed and we weren't so devasted by injuries, there's a strong possibility we make the playoffs last season. and the narrative would be: CP3 joins late 6-7 seed Suns. all of a sudden people gain confidence they can be the 4th seed this season.

Have nothing against the Suns. They haven't done shit though! A lot of what ifs for a team supposedly full of stars and one of the best teams in the west. 9 wins from the playoffs isn't close. You do know that right? Suns should have never been in the bubble with their record. Should have been 20 teams. Washington was a joke. Injuries are a part of the game. Chris Paul has had his share. You have to have depth. You have to win on the road not on a neutral court in a bubble.

highwhey
12-06-2020, 11:33 PM
Have nothing against the Suns. They haven't done shit though! A lot of what ifs for a team supposedly full of stars and one of the best teams in the west. 9 wins from the playoffs isn't close. You do know that right? Suns should have never been in the bubble with their record. Should have been 20 teams. Washington was a joke. Injuries are a part of the game. Chris Paul has had his share. You have to have depth. You have to win on the road not on a neutral court in a bubble.

9 games aren't a lot when ayton missed 30 and his back up missed a lot of games too. if ayton plays those 30, i'd put good money we close that gap and end up in the playoffs.

it's ok to accept that the Suns>>>>Jazz this upcoming season.

highwhey
12-06-2020, 11:40 PM
Ayton and Booker have yet to prove anything. The 2n and 3rd best players on the Thunder have been in the playoffs. Potential is the key word here. Thunder had proven players

prove what? that they can get carried to the playoffs?

LMAO wow dude, you're hilarious.

by that logic, caruzo should be more reliable than booker right? bc he's "proven" and totally didn't get carried to a championship.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 01:19 AM

Makes sense and Phoenix are being slept on hard. They could go deep in the post season.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 01:23 AM

Ok well i dont really argue that but common sense has to be used too. Kyrie and love didn't shit before bron got there but im pretty sure you and everyone else knew cavs were coming out the east. No cp3 isnt bron but he has a huge impact on the game like bron does. It's a pretty safe bet saying phoenix is gonna be significantly better and they'll make the playoffs.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:27 AM
9 games aren't a lot when ayton missed 30 and his back up missed a lot of games too. if ayton plays those 30, i'd put good money we close that gap and end up in the playoffs.

it's ok to accept that the Suns>>>>Jazz this upcoming season.

9 is a lot regardless. They didn't even play a full season.

They may be better than the Jazz but a healthy Gobert has guaranteed the Jazz a playoff spot. A healthy Booker/Ayton/whoever has guaranteed the Suns a lot of ping pong balls

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:30 AM
prove what? that they can get carried to the playoffs?

LMAO wow dude, you're hilarious.

by that logic, caruzo should be more reliable than booker right? bc he's "proven" and totally didn't get carried to a championship.

proven they are good players on playoff teams. Again something no one on the Suns has done outside of Paul and Crowder. Caruso is certainly a guy I'd want on my team. Would I want my go to guy to be Booker who has done nothing other than put up empty stats? Good question!

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:31 AM
Makes sense and Phoenix are being slept on hard. They could go deep in the post season.

Who's sleeping on the Suns? Everyone is picking them ahead of teams that have actually done something :facepalm

Axe
12-07-2020, 01:31 AM
Hard to make the playoffs when you're tanking. Jazz almost did
I think they were supposed to when they got cp3 last year but the revamped team far exceeded expectations, even if espn thought that they had 99.8% chance of missing the playoffs. And they fought well against the rockets in the first round.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:33 AM
Ok well i dont really argue that but common sense has to be used too. Kyrie and love didn't shit before bron got there but im pretty sure you and everyone else knew cavs were coming out the east. No cp3 isnt bron but he has a huge impact on the game like bron does. It's a pretty safe bet saying phoenix is gonna be significantly better and they'll make the playoffs.

The west isn't the east I'm sure you understand that right? Suns will be better by just getting rid of Ricky but so is almost everyone in the west. Teams that were already better than the Suns

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:35 AM
I think they were supposed to when they got cp3 last year but the revamped team far exceeded expectations, even if espn thought that they had 99.8% chance of missing the playoffs. And they fought well against the rockets in the first round.

Wasn't surprising with the talent they had around Paul. Guys that have been on playoff teams unlike the Suns collection of underachieving lottery picks

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 01:48 AM
The west isn't the east I'm sure you understand that right? Suns will be better by just getting rid of Ricky but so is almost everyone in the west. Teams that were already better than the Suns

Yes the west is obviously better than the east but that's neither here or there. Houston just picked up the best point gaurd in the league. Plus they're presumably getting a healthy ayton for the full season. They are gonna have one of the best point gaurd, 2 gaurd and center in the league. They're also gonna be one of the best 3 point shooting teams.

At some point the "they haven't done it before" has to give way to common sense. Chicago bulls weren't doing it before mj, cavs weren't doing it before bron. It didn't take a genius to know that those guys were gonna take trash teams to playoff teams.

Sulico
12-07-2020, 01:55 AM
It seems like every year people are high on Suns before the season.
And then during season it turns out that Suns are actually Suns.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 01:59 AM
It seems like every year people are high on Suns before the season.
And then during season it turns out that Suns are actually Suns.

When is the last time the suns had the best point gaurd in the league though? It's chris paul bruh. Dude just took a trash okc squad to 5th in the west. Do y'all really think he can't take a talented suns roster to the playoffs?

Axe
12-07-2020, 02:03 AM
When is the last time the suns had the best point gaurd in the league though? It's chris paul bruh. Dude just took a trash okc squad to 5th in the west. Do y'all really think he can't take a talented suns roster to the playoffs?
What about nash?

Axe
12-07-2020, 02:07 AM
Wasn't surprising with the talent they had around Paul. Guys that have been on playoff teams unlike the Suns collection of underachieving lottery picks
Yeah and most likely that's what made them a better team than the warriors last season, even if most people thought the latter will make the playoffs again despite injuries to klay then curry plus the departures of key members like kd and iggy. Nothing happened with d-lo nor wiggins also.

Sulico
12-07-2020, 02:28 AM

They are small team now. Other teams trade their picks left and right to improve their size to have any chance against the likes of Lakers, Nuggets or Mavs. Suns are Suns, so they got smaller in the offseason.

Oh, and Chris Paul will be watching Booker and Ayton on defense every night now. How many weeks before he goes off on them and destroys the teams chemistry?

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 02:51 AM
Yes the west is obviously better than the east but that's neither here or there. Houston just picked up the best point gaurd in the league. Plus they're presumably getting a healthy ayton for the full season. They are gonna have one of the best point gaurd, 2 gaurd and center in the league. They're also gonna be one of the best 3 point shooting teams.

At some point the "they haven't done it before" has to give way to common sense. Chicago bulls weren't doing it before mj, cavs weren't doing it before bron. It didn't take a genius to know that those guys were gonna take trash teams to playoff teams.

Paul is the best pg in the league still? Ayton is one of the best centers? Booker is one of the best scorers. Hasn't helped them.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 02:55 AM

Gallinari, Schroeder, Adams, Shai aren't garbage. The Suns sure have been though. With Paul they are finally in the conversation with many other teams who have already been there and done that. Will he stay healthy enough to get them there?

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 02:56 AM
Yeah and most likely that's what made them a better team than the warriors last season, even if most people thought the latter will make the playoffs again despite injuries to klay then curry plus the departures of key members like kd and iggy. Nothing happened with d-lo nor wiggins also.

GS had one of the youngest teams in the league and their stars hurt. Try again

AirTupac
12-07-2020, 02:59 AM
Lmao we talking about the "Im done not making playoffs" suns ala Booker from 2016?

Retards are talking about 8-0 like it matters lmfao. Fat fvcking losers like highwhey are so useless.

AirTupac
12-07-2020, 03:00 AM
Lmfao OP really put Blazers out of the playoff picture. Jesus christ. Are these the same retards who said Lakers were barely a top 4 seed last year?

Axe
12-07-2020, 03:01 AM
GS had one of the youngest teams in the league and their stars hurt. Try again
So can you answer why draymond didn't lead them during klay and curry's absences? Aside from tough competition.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 03:09 AM
So can you answer why draymond didn't lead them during klay and curry's absences? Aside from tough competition.

Draymond is a glorified role player obviously and again they were one of the youngest teams in the league.

coin24
12-07-2020, 07:18 AM
Lakers
Nuggets
Clippers
Jazz
Blazers
Mavs
Suns
Pelicans (maybe warriors but I think they’ll tank) (Stephanie)

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 09:26 AM
What about nash?

Yeah that was the last time and they made it to the finals

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Paul is the best pg in the league still? Ayton is one of the best centers? Booker is one of the best scorers. Hasn't helped them.

Ahh yeah cp is definitely arguably the best pg in the league. Talking pure pg. The nba is different now you have alot of 2 gaurds that are basically scoring point gaurds now but cp is arguably the best pg in the league. Ayton is easily one of the best centers. Theres not alot of good centers these days. There's only a handful ahead of him and after this year it won't even be that. And yes booker definitely one of the best scorers in the league. He was 9th in the league at 27 a game.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Lmfao OP really put Blazers out of the playoff picture. Jesus christ. Are these the same retards who said Lakers were barely a top 4 seed last year?

You talk like the blazers are crazy nice. You know blazers were 8th place last year right? They only finished 1 game above phoenix and now phoenix is way better then they were last year.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 09:47 AM
They are small team now. Other teams trade their picks left and right to improve their size to have any chance against the likes of Lakers, Nuggets or Mavs. Suns are Suns, so they got smaller in the offseason.

Oh, and Chris Paul will be watching Booker and Ayton on defense every night now. How many weeks before he goes off on them and destroys the teams chemistry?

How are they smaller than anyone else? Their starting line up will be either 7'0, 6'10, 6'10, 6'6, and 6'3 or 7'0, 6'10 , 6'6, 6'6 and 6'3. What team in the west will be bigger?

And chris paul will help those guys and that team be better defensively like he did in okc

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 11:14 AM
You talk like the blazers are crazy nice. You know blazers were 8th place last year right? They only finished 1 game above phoenix and now phoenix is way better then they were last year.

Nurkic was out most of the year. Again Portland has been here before. Only a couple players on the Suns have

AirTupac
12-07-2020, 11:20 AM

Nurkic was out the whole year. Collins was out. Most of their team was decimated by injuries and guess what... they still made the playoffs while having more injuries than the Suns. Oh and then Blazers got Covington along with Nurkic/Collins with a few key pieces added to their bench scoring (Kanter). Healthy blazers are better than Denver. They have been the last 3-4 years. Nurkic always steps up vs Jokic. And Dame loves to embarrass pube jordan. Suns lmao. Whats the best reasoning? BU BU THEY WENT 8-0. BU BU AYTON DID STEROIDS AND WASNT PLAYING. Wait... Blazers had more injuries and made the playoffs and got better.

LeCola
12-07-2020, 11:24 AM
1- Nuggets
2- LAL
3- Mavs
4- LAC
5- GSW
6- Suns
7- Rockets
8- NOP

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 12:46 PM
Nurkic was out most of the year. Again Portland has been here before. Only a couple players on the Suns have

Ayton was out for Phoenix too though. Idk man saying blazers will get in over phoenix isnt crazy i just disagree. Time will tell.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Nurkic was out the whole year. Collins was out. Most of their team was decimated by injuries and guess what... they still made the playoffs while having more injuries than the Suns. Oh and then Blazers got Covington along with Nurkic/Collins with a few key pieces added to their bench scoring (Kanter). Healthy blazers are better than Denver. They have been the last 3-4 years. Nurkic always steps up vs Jokic. And Dame loves to embarrass pube jordan. Suns lmao. Whats the best reasoning? BU BU THEY WENT 8-0. BU BU AYTON DID STEROIDS AND WASNT PLAYING. Wait... Blazers had more injuries and made the playoffs and got better.

The best reasoning is they just picked up one of the best floor generals in the game. Also booker, cam and ayton are all young and improving and will be that much better this year. Phoenix will have a better record than blazers buddy. Book it.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Ayton was out for Phoenix too though. Idk man saying blazers will get in over phoenix isnt crazy i just disagree. Time will tell.

but again the Blazers have proven something. The Suns haven't outside a couple vets. Not crazy to think the Suns will make it. People are predicting they will be one of the best teams not just make it though. From crap to great because of Paul? Just not seeing it

Charlie Sheen
12-07-2020, 01:14 PM

You've spent years on ish dumping on Rubio. Suns just turned him into one of the greatest point guards in the history of the NBA. Wouldn't it help your argument to be high on the suns?

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:21 PM
You've spent years on ish dumping on Rubio. Suns just turned him into one of the greatest point guards in the history of the NBA. Wouldn't it help your argument to be high on the suns?

3 years since I had to watch him ruin the Jazz spacing single handedly. I got no argument except Ricky sucks! As I said earlier the Suns should be better just by the subtraction of Rubio but Booker, Ayton and company have done nothing but collect ping pong balls and now they've moved ahead of most of the teams in the west just because of an aging Paul? They have a lot to prove

jayfan
12-07-2020, 01:30 PM
If we're talking about end of regular season standings, you have to account for the fact that teams like the Lakers and Nuggets are still recovering from the bubble. They're still tired. They'll be treating the first month or so like preseason. The Lakers, especially. They won't be the #1 seed, and they don't care. They know they're the team to beat regardless.

1. Blazers
2. Jazz
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Nuggets
6. Mavs
7. Grizz
8. Suns or Warriors

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 01:44 PM
If we're talking about end of regular season standings, you have to account for the fact that teams like the Lakers and Nuggets are still recovering from the bubble. They're still tired. They'll be treating the first month or so like preseason. The Lakers, especially. They won't be the #1 seed, and they don't care. They know they're the team to beat regardless.

1. Blazers
2. Jazz
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Nuggets
6. Mavs
7. Grizz
8. Suns or Warriors

I think the so called short off season isn't a big deal. They were off for months between when the season stopped in March until the bubble. The shortest season any of them had had followed by the longest off season any of them had had before going back to the bubble for a while where there was no traveling or back to backs

jayfan
12-07-2020, 01:49 PM

But to me, the Blazers had the league's best off-season.

Fully healthy (which they weren't at all last season), that team was only a piece or two away. And Covington is one of those pieces. He's that 3rd scorer, from the wing, Portland has lacked for so long.

Nurkic
Collins
Covington
McCollum
Lillard
______

Kanter
Trent
Melo
Derrick Jones
Hood
Simmons
Swanigan
Giles

That's a nice squad. I expect a huge jump.

MadDog
12-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Lakers
Clippers
Blazers
Nuggets
Mavericks
Warriors
Suns

Not 100% on the order but I think Memphis/Utah will meet for the play in

highwhey
12-07-2020, 02:16 PM
3 years since I had to watch him ruin the Jazz spacing single handedly. I got no argument except Ricky sucks! As I said earlier the Suns should be better just by the subtraction of Rubio but Booker, Ayton and company have done nothing but collect ping pong balls and now they've moved ahead of most of the teams in the west just because of an aging Paul? They have a lot to prove

have done nothing...you realize booker just turned 24 in october and ayton is 21 right? they have hadn't a chance to do shit bc their point guard was g -league players and the rest of the roster wasn't constructed well. last season they FINALLY had help and almost made it to the playoffs, thats with Ayton missing 30 games. and don't compare the blazers to the suns...dame and cj are a better back court than rubio and booker, even you can't deny that and of course dame is better than booker. it's such a low IQ move to compare both teams, but whatever, you've already done it. so let's break down how dumb it is
:

dame>book
cj>any other suns guard by far
ayton is better than nurkic, the number tells us defensively he's a huge impact, so blazers making the playoffs by a literal hair doesn't prove your point bc the blazers are fundamentally better and the loss of ayton is significantly more impactful than losing nurkic.

so in summation, the blazers had significantly better talent despite the injury losses and only managed to get 1 more win which helped them make the playoffs.

fyi, it took rudy 4 SEASONS to make the playoffs, here you are ridiculing ayton in his 2nd season when they sniffed it. un****ing real :roll:

AirTupac
12-07-2020, 02:17 PM

1. Blazers
2. Jazz
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Nuggets
6. Mavs
7. Grizz
8. Suns or Warriors

To be fair. Lakers also got a few players who are going to be solid rotation players on the team so dont be surprised if Lakers are top 3. Shroeder, Wes, Harrel, Gasol are all fresh. THT is an upcoming young guy who will get a lot more minutes this season too. LeBron and AD will rest but they will have a much deeper team this year.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 02:34 PM
have done nothing...you realize booker just turned 24 in october and ayton is 21 right? they have hadn't a chance to do shit bc their point guard was g -league players and the rest of the roster wasn't constructed well. last season they FINALLY had help and almost made it to the playoffs, thats with Ayton missing 30 games. and don't compare the blazers to the suns...dame and cj are a better back court than rubio and booker, even you can't deny that and of course dame is better than booker. it's such a low IQ move to compare both teams, but whatever, you've already done it. so let's break down how dumb it is
:

dame>book
cj>any other suns guard by far
ayton is better than nurkic, the number tells us defensively he's a huge impact, so blazers making the playoffs by a literal hair doesn't prove your point bc the blazers are fundamentally better and the loss of ayton is significantly more impactful than losing nurkic.

so in summation, the blazers had significantly better talent despite the injury losses and only managed to get 1 more win which helped them make the playoffs.

fyi, it took rudy 4 SEASONS to make the playoffs, here you are ridiculing ayton in his 2nd season when they sniffed it. un****ing real :roll:

Rudy didn't make it because of tanking and injury not because he sucked though. When he first emerged 6 years ago this month the Jazz went from one of the worst teams in the league to competitive over night. They waited 2 more months to trade Kanter and put him in the starting lineup but had the 6th best record in basketball the rest of the way. The next year instead of getting the veteran pg they desperately needed they added Neto and Pleiss so were basically tanking despite the end to the previous year. Rudy missed two months and by the time the finally added the vet pg, 3rd string Shelvin Mack it was too little too late. When Ayton can carry a crappy team by himself let me know. Until then he and your team of stars has much to prove

AirTupac
12-07-2020, 02:40 PM
Lmao and Nurkic is better than Ayton too. Much better defensively and clearly a huge piece for the Blazers. Huge impact. We cant expect a 400 pound lardfvck to know basketball/activities.

highwhey
12-07-2020, 02:40 PM
Rudy didn't make it because of tanking and injury not because he sucked though. When he first emerged 6 years ago this month the Jazz went from one of the worst teams in the league to competitive over night. They waited 2 more months to trade Kanter and put him in the starting lineup but had the 6th best record in basketball the rest of the way. The next year instead of getting the veteran pg they desperately needed they added Neto and Pleiss so were basically tanking despite the end to the previous year. Rudy missed two months and by the time the finally added the vet pg, 3rd string Shelvin Mack it was too little too late. When Ayton can carry a crappy team by himself let me know. Until then he and your team of stars has much to prove

literally skipped over the ass spanking about the blazers i gave you, nice. ignore it all you want, i just knocked you the **** out with that information :pimp:

as for rudy tudy fruity, his dumb ass took 4 years because of what? tanking? so what have the suns been doing all along for booker? literally starting point guards they grabbed from the g league and sitting down tj warren for tanking purposes.like 4 out of booker's 5 seasons were all tanking seasons. ayton's first season was year 1 rebuild, year 2 they got a gguard and some decent pieces and ALMOST made it, they sniffed it, but Ayton's long absence of 30 games shut those dreams down. had he not been injured, they would have made the playoffs.

nothing you have said has proved me wrong. you're still on ayton after his 2nd season when it took rudy 4 seasons. nothing you say can or will help you out here, those are just facts. accept it and move on.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 02:50 PM
but again the Blazers have proven something. The Suns haven't outside a couple vets. Not crazy to think the Suns will make it. People are predicting they will be one of the best teams not just make it though. From crap to great because of Paul? Just not seeing it

Yeah not sure they'll be great or not. It's possible though. Will depend how cp3 fits and if he stays healthy. Will also depend how much better cam, ayton and bridges get. If they gel and reach their potential suns could be very good. They'll have some of the best iso scoring in cp and booker. They'll also be one of the better 3 point shooting teams with those 2 and cam, saric and bridges. I'm sure cp3 witll have them stepping up the intensity defensively too. Like you say they have to prove it but I think they will.

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 02:57 PM
But to me, the Blazers had the league's best off-season.

Fully healthy (which they weren't at all last season), that team was only a piece or two away. And Covington is one of those pieces. He's that 3rd scorer, from the wing, Portland has lacked for so long.

Nurkic
Collins
Covington
McCollum
Lillard
______

Kanter
Trent
Melo
Derrick Jones
Hood
Simmons
Swanigan
Giles

That's a nice squad. I expect a huge jump.

Yeah its definitely not bad but i think suns starting 5 of ayton, cam, bridges, booker and cp3 is better. Neither bench is anazing although i do think anfernee simons has some serious potential. We'll see. I think either way it's gonna be close. The teams from 6-10 could all end up being within a few games of each other.

highwhey
12-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Yeah not sure they'll be great or not. It's possible though. Will depend how cp3 fits and if he stays healthy. Will also depend how much better cam, ayton and bridges get. If they gel and reach their potential suns could be very good. They'll have some of the best iso scoring in cp and booker. They'll also be one of the better 3 point shooting teams with those 2 and cam, saric and bridges. I'm sure cp3 witll have them stepping up the intensity defensively too. Like you say they have to prove it but I think they will.

i think the bubble 8-0 performance was them figuring "it" out as far as chemistry goes. they're young and inexperienced but they're getting there and ayton is making strides defensively. people still think he's a bad defender (his help defense still needs improvement) but he made such a huge stride last season if you compare year 1 vs year 2 ayton you'd think he's a whole different person.

there's a recent espn film analysis with them interviewing ayton, he's actually pretty smart about defense. they asked him how he choses to defend certain star players, like spicy p, there's play where ayton defends him rather well and realizes lowry's decoy screen and avoids falling to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_REr482fE&ab_channel=NBAonESPN

@3.05

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 04:17 PM
i think the bubble 8-0 performance was them figuring "it" out as far as chemistry goes. they're young and inexperienced but they're getting there and ayton is making strides defensively. people still think he's a bad defender (his help defense still needs improvement) but he made such a huge stride last season if you compare year 1 vs year 2 ayton you'd think he's a whole different person.

there's a recent espn film analysis with them interviewing ayton, he's actually pretty smart about defense. they asked him how he choses to defend certain star players, like spicy p, there's play where ayton defends him rather well and realizes lowry's decoy screen and avoids falling to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_REr482fE&ab_channel=NBAonESPN

@3.05 yeah ayton with cp3 and the new coach should help him improve defensively. They actually have some potential defensively especially on the perimeter. Cp3 is always tough and cam and bridges have alot of potential on that end. I agree with you I dont think the 8-0 was a fluke.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 04:29 PM
literally skipped over the ass spanking about the blazers i gave you, nice. ignore it all you want, i just knocked you the **** out with that information :pimp:

as for rudy tudy fruity, his dumb ass took 4 years because of what? tanking? so what have the suns been doing all along for booker? literally starting point guards they grabbed from the g league and sitting down tj warren for tanking purposes.like 4 out of booker's 5 seasons were all tanking seasons. ayton's first season was year 1 rebuild, year 2 they got a gguard and some decent pieces and ALMOST made it, they sniffed it, but Ayton's long absence of 30 games shut those dreams down. had he not been injured, they would have made the playoffs.

nothing you have said has proved me wrong. you're still on ayton after his 2nd season when it took rudy 4 seasons. nothing you say can or will help you out here, those are just facts. accept it and move on.

and why weren't they winning with those pg's? Rudy won when he was on the court. Despite Burke and Exum he missed the playoffs in his first full season as starter because he missed two months. How is that 4 years? He made it his 2nd year as the starter.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 04:30 PM

When has Paul been healthy? If everything comes together they could be really good! Any team can say that and the other teams have already done it

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 04:32 PM

@3.05

They figured it out on a neutral court with no traveling? Young teams have to get over the hump of winning on the road. The bubble didn't prove anything

highwhey
12-07-2020, 04:56 PM
and why weren't they winning with those pg's? Rudy won when he was on the court. Despite Burke and Exum he missed the playoffs in his first full season as starter because he missed two months. How is that 4 years? He made it his 2nd year as the starter.

bs. you're using excuses but won't give ayton the benefit of the doubt despite him having legitimate excuses. he played 38 games. didn't even get the chance to play a full season and they could have made the playoffs. i don't think you understand how short they fell from making the playoffs. blazers made it because they won 1 more game than the suns. and suns make the playoffs if they didn't have to deal with his absence. baynes missed a ton of games too. when you're starting center who is your 2nd best player and your back up center are gone for half the season, it impacts your chances of making the post season significantly. i'm still laughing you tried to compare the blazers to the suns, if anything, it's impressive the suns got 1 less win than the blazers who have quite the backcourt duo.

do you know who cheick diallo is? at one point he started at the center position during the season. 6'8. never heard of him.

but yeah, took rudy 4 long years. ayton already would have been there had it not been for injuries. anyways, year 3 he'll be in the playoffs. we might be the top seed that plays you :)

highwhey
12-07-2020, 05:02 PM
They figured it out on a neutral court with no traveling? Young teams have to get over the hump of winning on the road. The bubble didn't prove anything

then why did the jazz get an ass spanking on neutral territory? should it not have been as easy as you claim it is? why lose in the FIRST round?

step away from the keyboard, take a good look at the double standards you set and cross every single post. holy shit your logic is so contradictory.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 05:08 PM
bs. you're using excuses but won't give ayton the benefit of the doubt despite him having legitimate excuses. he played 38 games. didn't even get the chance to play a full season and they could have made the playoffs. i don't think you understand how short they fell from making the playoffs. blazers made it because they won 1 more game than the suns. and suns make the playoffs if they didn't have to deal with his absence. baynes missed a ton of games too. when you're starting center who is your 2nd best player and your back up center are gone for half the season, it impacts your chances of making the post season significantly. i'm still laughing you tried to compare the blazers to the suns, if anything, it's impressive the suns got 1 less win than the blazers who have quite the backcourt duo.

do you know who is? at one point he started at the center position during the season. 6'8. never heard of him.

but yeah, took rudy 4 long years. ayton already would have been there had it not been for injuries. anyways, year 3 he'll be in the playoffs. we might be the top seed that plays you :)

9 games out. They weren't making the playoffs. The bubble doesn't count. They shouldn't have even been invited as far out as they were. Height doesn't matter. Maybe Diallo has a 7 plus wing span? Doesn't look too bad on paper. On a team loaded with all stars it shouldn't matter

Where are these 4 years? He missed because he was hurt 1 year. We're counting him as the 5th big playing in the gleague and not starting until the trade deadline? :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 05:12 PM
then why did the jazz get an ass spanking on neutral territory? should it not have been as easy as you claim it is? why lose in the FIRST round?

step away from the keyboard, take a good look at the double standards you set and cross every single post. holy shit your logic is so contradictory.

They lost in the first round for many reasons. Not having a starting 4 for starters. Jazz have been winning for the past 6 years with Gobert on the floor. The Suns have been losing with whoever they throw on the court for much longer than that. What double standards? There's no comparison. One of the better teams against one of the worst

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 05:23 PM
When has Paul been healthy? If everything comes together they could be really good! Any team can say that and the other teams have already done it

Dude your so fixed on already done it. At some point most teams that did it didn't do it. Of course they have to do it. My prediction is they will.

highwhey
12-07-2020, 05:25 PM
9 games out. They weren't making the playoffs. The bubble doesn't count. They shouldn't have even been invited as far out as they were. Height doesn't matter. Maybe Diallo has a 7 plus wing span? Doesn't look too bad on paper. On a team loaded with all stars it shouldn't matter

Where are these 4 years? He missed because he was hurt 1 year. We're counting him as the 5th big playing in the gleague and not starting until the trade deadline? :facepalm

vs 30 games missed from ayton and baynes.

sure buddy, keep telling yourself we wouldn't make it. funnily enough, there's 9 games we lost by 4 points or less. those are close games that we would have won with Ayton.

your logic doesn't make sense.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 05:31 PM
vs 30 games missed from ayton and baynes.

sure buddy, keep telling yourself we wouldn't make it. funnily enough, there's 9 games we lost by 4 points or less. those are close games that we would have won with Ayton.

your logic doesn't make sense.

might have won. Lots of ifs. Let me know when they do something and you don't need excuses anymore

highwhey
12-07-2020, 05:38 PM
might have won. Lots of ifs. Let me know when they do something and you don't need excuses anymore

oh' were coming for that utah jazz azz this season. we will have no mercy. our squad is a real squad.

but of course you'll be making excuses for why your team lost.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 05:40 PM
oh' were coming for that utah jazz azz this season. we will have no mercy. our squad is a real squad.

but of course you'll be making excuses for why your team lost.

Unless Gobert is hurt or traded the Jazz will make the playoffs. That's almost guaranteed. The Suns might make it if all of your chips fall in to place and some other teams don't

jalbert009
12-07-2020, 05:45 PM
I'm optimistic that the Wolves could possibly be competing for 7-8th seed this year with a Core of KAT/D-Lo/Rubio/Edwards.

Top Seeds
Lakers
Clippers
Denver
Warriors
Rockets (If Harden STays)

Fighting for that last 3 spots
Jazz
Blazers
Mavs
Suns
Wolves
Pelicans

highwhey
12-07-2020, 05:46 PM
Unless Gobert is hurt or traded the Jazz will make the playoffs. That's almost guaranteed. The Suns might make it if all of your chips fall in to place and some other teams don't

barring no major injuries, suns should be able to make it. probably top 4 seed. i feel we have a legit opportunity to win it all.

highwhey
12-07-2020, 05:47 PM
I'm optimistic that the Wolves could possibly be competing for 7-8th seed this year with a Core of KAT/D-Lo/Rubio/Edwards.

didn't even realize rubio was back in minny. good for him. will miss him for sure.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 06:05 PM
barring no major injuries, suns should be able to make it. probably top 4 seed. i feel we have a legit opportunity to win it all.

From one of the worst to one of the best. As I said in the beginning they are getting way overrated.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2020, 06:05 PM
didn't even realize rubio was back in minny. good for him. will miss him for sure.

Glad he's back in the division. Only helps Gobert's efforts

Bronbron23
12-07-2020, 06:31 PM

Top Seeds
Lakers
Clippers
Denver
Warriors
Rockets (If Harden STays)

Fighting for that last 3 spots
Jazz
Blazers
Mavs
Suns
Wolves
Pelicans

I dont think they will this year but they could in a few years. Edwards is gonna be nice and jaden mcdaniels could be a sleeper at 26 pick or whatever he went.

jalbert009
12-07-2020, 09:37 PM
I dont think they will this year but they could in a few years. Edwards is gonna be nice and jaden mcdaniels could be a sleeper at 26 pick or whatever he went.

Yeah the West this year looks pretty stacked. Even the East looks like it has 9 Decent teams this year. Wont deny that since KG left Minny I have just gotten used to our Team always losing :lol

But hey, Hoping our new core Gels well and start winning again at some point. The sooner the better :banana: