PDA

View Full Version : Wizards & Hawks will make playoffs on which team expense?

Nike D'Antoni
12-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Orlando & ???

Axe
12-07-2020, 09:22 PM
Indiana

AirBonner
12-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Nah they won’t

jalbert009
12-07-2020, 09:45 PM
These Teams appear to be Locks to make the Playoffs
Bucks
Celtics
Brooklyn
Heat
76ers

These teams will be playing for the last 3 spots
Wizards
Pacers
Raptors
Hawks

Magic I feel will miss out altogether
Pistons may surprise us if Rose and Griffin can stay Healthy and if J.Grant has a breaks out year

AirBonner
12-07-2020, 09:56 PM
Pacers and raptors are a lock. There is only the 8th seed to fight for

SouBeachTalents
12-07-2020, 09:57 PM
Lakers

Axe
12-07-2020, 10:02 PM
Warriors

insight
12-07-2020, 10:17 PM
We will see, hawks have a better roster than the raptors and Pacers. When is the last time Russel Westbrook missed the playoffs?

HylianNightmare
12-07-2020, 10:57 PM
Celtics

Wally450
12-08-2020, 12:13 AM
The Clippers

Nike D'Antoni
12-08-2020, 12:48 AM
I am thinking Brooklyn, if Durant gets a season ending injury.

Reggie43
12-08-2020, 04:56 AM
Pacers played 22 different starting lineups last season due to various injuries to key players and still managed to snag the 4th seed in the East. Hard to see them missing the playoffs next season with a more stable and healthier lineup.

bluechox2
12-08-2020, 06:05 AM
probably brooklyn, kyrie will have his regular season injury as every year and that hurt kooch of his will set it back more, durant will be learn that half his lift is gone and with the defense he will face, will essentially evolve into current melo

tanibanana
12-08-2020, 07:55 AM
I have a feeling Wizards & Hawks will need to knock each other out.
Meaning they will finish 8th/9th.

insight
12-08-2020, 09:31 AM
Pacers played 22 different starting lineups last season due to various injuries to key players and still managed to snag the 4th seed in the East. Hard to see them missing the playoffs next season with a more stable and healthier lineup.

New coach, new scheme, several players coming off major injury. I don't follow the Pacers too closely, what give you such optimism with so many changes?

RRR3
12-08-2020, 11:51 AM
Magic won’t make the playoffs again. Hawks might finish 9th tbh.

Axe
12-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Wasn't oladipo finished with indiana? And we'll have to see again how tj warren will do this time for that.

Reggie43
12-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Wasn't oladipo finished with indiana? And we'll have to see again how tj warren will do this time for that.

Oladipo missed a ton of games yet they still managed to finish 17 games above .500 last season for the 4th seed. They are a veteran team with depth and smart players and I figured even if they do slightly worse its hard to see them missing the playoffs if they are somewhat healthy and with a supposedly much better coach.

insight
12-08-2020, 10:19 PM
Oladipo missed a ton of games yet they still managed to finish 17 games above .500 last season for the 4th seed. They are a veteran team with depth and smart players and I figured even if they do slightly worse its hard to see them missing the playoffs if they are somewhat healthy and with a supposedly much better coach.
The coach is a 1st time NBA coach, who was an assistant coach under Nick Nurse for a couple of years. He maybe great, he may not but it will still take time to adjust to a new system especially with Covid. I thought they will start without Sabonis and Lamb but I could be wrong. They are a veteran team so you have a valid point, but some other eastern teams have sustainably improved their roster and are deeper than the Pacers on paper.

Reggie43
12-08-2020, 10:56 PM
The coach is a 1st time NBA coach, who was an assistant coach under Nick Nurse for a couple of years. He maybe great, he may not but it will still take time to adjust to a new system especially with Covid. I thought they will start without Sabonis and Lamb but I could be wrong. They are a veteran team so you have a valid point, but some other eastern teams have sustainably improved their roster and are deeper than the Pacers on paper.

Dont you think this will be a bigger problem for the Hawks and Wizards especially having to adjust to newly added players who have never played with each other before?

Smoke117
12-08-2020, 11:22 PM
Nah, Hornets making it.

insight
12-09-2020, 01:22 AM
Dont you think this will be a bigger problem for the Hawks and Wizards especially having to adjust to newly added players who have never played with each other before?
Possibly. I think the hawks will be OK because when John Collins came back after suspension they were playing .500 ball in the 2nd half before everything got shut down. Clint Capella was traded last season so he should already know the the scheme and his teammates. Bogi is probably the only new starter.
The rest of the players like Galo, Dunn, Rondo are 2nd Unit players that all have a ton of experience and will provide much needed leadership. I think they will be very dangerous when they gel as a unit.
The Wizards haven't had John Wall in 2 years so adding an All Star player in Russel Westbrook is a big deal. I don't love their roster but I can see Bertans and Beal opening up the driving lanes for Russel Westbrook. They could be a 9th seed or do much better depending on how the Westbrook trade pans out.
Pacers have been consistently good so it's hard to bet against them especially with a lot of talent coming back but I think they are going to struggle in this condensed season.

k0kakw0rld
12-09-2020, 03:35 AM

Raptors will again be ahead of the Celtics.

People act like we left the conference or something.

I am expecting Vanvleet to be an all Star. The same for Siakam
I am expecting big things as well from O.G. Norman Powell (keep pretending like they can't ball)

We still a playoff team and we still got Lowry.

So 3 potential All Stars :confusedshrug:

MrFonzworth
12-09-2020, 03:37 AM
Hawks make it over Raptors:confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
12-09-2020, 03:39 AM
Hawks make it over Raptors:confusedshrug:

Raptors will again finish ahead of the 76ers and the Celtics.

insight
12-09-2020, 09:19 AM
Raptors will again be ahead of the Celtics.

People act like we left the conference or something.

I am expecting Vanvleet to be an all Star. The same for Siakam
I am expecting big things as well from O.G. Norman Powell (keep pretending like they can't ball)

We still a playoff team and we still got Lowry.

So 3 potential All Stars :confusedshrug:

I think Toronto has the best coach in the East and several proven players but replacing Ibaka and Gasol with Baynes seems like a downgrade to me. Bembry is a good defender but he is a low IQ basketball player so I don't seeing him adding anything.. Their core is solid but they lost a few key backups and did not get better when other teams have bolstered there rosters.

k0kakw0rld
12-09-2020, 10:17 AM
I think Toronto has the best coach in the East and several proven players but replacing Ibaka and Gasol with Baynes seems like a downgrade to me. Bembry is a good defender but he is a low IQ basketball player so I don't seeing him adding anything.. Their core is solid but they lost a few key backups and did not get better when other teams have bolstered there rosters.
We got younger and possibly smaller. However the depth is still something we will use to our advantage.

Vanvleet is about to have a breakout year. Siakam is coming back for revenge and to prove a point. I really can't wait to see what he's made of. And in coach Nurse I trust.
Other teams like?

jayfan
12-09-2020, 10:36 AM
I think OP is on the right track thinking Wiz could make playoffs.

Folks don't realize how injured they were last season. (not counting Wall).

I don't know how many games they played with a healthy Beal, Bryant, Bertans, & Hachimura all together, but it was very few. And that's a nice starting 4.

Westbrook becomes the wild card. Will he blend in, complement them, and complete a really good starting lineup, or will he cancer it like he arguably did in Houston? That's the question.

If he complements it, and if Wash stays healthy, they are a playoff team.

Jasper
12-09-2020, 11:01 AM
I think Cleveland

insight
12-09-2020, 06:14 PM
We got younger and possibly smaller. However the depth is still something we will use to our advantage.

Vanvleet is about to have a breakout year. Siakam is coming back for revenge and to prove a point. I really can't wait to see what he's made of. And in coach Nurse I trust.
Other teams like?
Vanvleet is already playing at a very high level and should improve since he is in his prime. I believe Siakam suffered because teams were able to focus on him defensively, is there another forward on the roster who can score and create their own shot consistently? Gasol was your only stretch 5 on the team I think he will be missed. Toronto is very experienced so that may be enough to keep them completive but I wouldn't be surprised if they slipped to the 7th or 8th seed. The other teams who will have a stronger roster are Brooklyn, 76rs, Hawks, Wizards, Miami and Detroit. I don't know which teams will put it all together but the east has a lot of teams with similar levels of talent.

insight
12-09-2020, 06:20 PM
I think Cleveland

I like several of the Cavs young pieces but I,m skeptical of the established veterans like Love and Drummond. You need veterans who are still playing at a super high level to help guide young players.