PDA

View Full Version : Good to see John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins healthy and playing

insidehoops
12-11-2020, 09:46 PM
The new-look Rockets.

dawsey6
12-12-2020, 01:16 PM
There are few things I want more out of this NBA season than to see Boogie have a great season. And the fact that he's playing with Wall in the backcourt when they both have something to prove this year is amazing.

Hopefully they bring new life to Houston, become all-stars, and play amazing pick&roll offense.

Xiao Yao You
12-12-2020, 01:21 PM
There are few things I want more out of this NBA season than to see Boogie have a great season. And the fact that he's playing with Wall in the backcourt when they both have something to prove this year is amazing.

Hopefully they bring new life to Houston, become all-stars, and play amazing pick&roll offense.

Just a reminder that all star Cousins lost a lot of games

Jay-B
12-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Fun team to watch, I wouldn’t sleep on them, especially also adding Woods. They will be interesting either way if they keep Harden or add young assets.

dawsey6
12-12-2020, 01:58 PM
Just a reminder that all star Cousins lost a lot of games

Don't care. Don't care enough about the Rockets to be concerned with how many games they win. It'll be a shock to everyone if they make any real noise in the West this year anyway.

I just want to see Boogie have a bounce-back year. I believe his frustration in Sactown was slightly misunderstood, plus he's played for and rehabbed with championship culture teams, and he's now he's likely starting for a team with no real expectations except to compete, a perfect place for two former all-stars to regain their form after years of set-backs.

Hard to know what will happen, but I'm genuinely rooting for Boogie.

bizil
12-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Fun team to watch, I wouldn’t sleep on them, especially also adding Woods. They will be interesting either way if they keep Harden or add young assets.

I agree! Let's say Wall and Boogie can prove to Harden BEFORE he gets traded that they are back to their old selves. OR at least 90% percent of that. And Woods continues to develop. That's a situation where Harden could contend with Houston. Not saying they would win a ring this year. BUT out West, they vault up the charts if this were to happen.

A back to form Wall and Boogie along with Harden would ACTUALLY be the best big 3 in the league! A lot of the top teams have duos. Bron and AD, KD and Kyrie, Kawhi and PG13, Embid and Simmons, Luka and KP, etc. But AS OF NOW, nobody has a true big 3 in the league right now. And if Harden leaves, at least Houston will have something to build on.

highwhey
12-12-2020, 02:23 PM
I agree! Let's say Wall and Boogie can prove to Harden BEFORE he gets traded that they are back to their old selves. OR at least 90% percent of that. And Woods continues to develop. That's a situation where Harden could contend with Houston. Not saying they would win a ring this year. BUT out West, they vault up the charts if this were to happen.

A back to form Wall and Boogie along with Harden would ACTUALLY be the best big 3 in the league! A lot of the top teams have duos. Bron and AD, KD and Kyrie, Kawhi and PG13, Embid and Simmons, Luka and KP, etc. But AS OF NOW, nobody has a true big 3 in the league right now. And if Harden leaves, at least Houston will have something to build on.
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/RCffrWS3zM1MJNbehrG6f8TSyqQ=/0x0:2400x3600/1200x800/filters:focal(970x935:1354x1319)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/68490337/1230033011.0.jpg

Xiao Yao You
12-12-2020, 02:27 PM

no team with a big 3 including Cousins is doing much

bizil
12-12-2020, 02:43 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/RCffrWS3zM1MJNbehrG6f8TSyqQ=/0x0:2400x3600/1200x800/filters:focal(970x935:1354x1319)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/68490337/1230033011.0.jpg

The jury is out on Ayton! I agree IF Ayton can take that next step, they would qualify. As of now THERE IS NO true big 3 in the league. A healthy Wall (5 time All Star, All NBA), Boogie (4 time All Star, 2 time All NBA), and Harden (MVP, top 6-8 player in the league, already an HOFer if his career ended today) would ALREADY qualify for that. Ayton is the key for the Suns to have a big 3. As of now, they don't qualify.

L.Kizzle
12-12-2020, 03:18 PM

It's too late. He already gave a big F-U to the Rockets. If he'd had shown up before game 1 of preseason, sure.

Once that first game hit, it's different.

pandiani17
12-12-2020, 04:23 PM

Not a special fan of Boogie, but it's always good news to see great players in action. Same for Wall. By the way, didn't they play together in college in the "Do the John Wall dance" year?

FireDavidKahn
12-12-2020, 04:29 PM
It's too late. He already gave a big F-U to the Rockets. If he'd had shown up before game 1 of preseason, sure.

Once that first game hit, it's different.

Too late?:roll:

Rockets would forget everything in an instant if Harden came back happy and pleased.

highwhey
12-12-2020, 04:32 PM
The jury is out on Ayton! I agree IF Ayton can take that next step, they would qualify. As of now THERE IS NO true big 3 in the league. A healthy Wall (5 time All Star, All NBA), Boogie (4 time All Star, 2 time All NBA), and Harden (MVP, top 6-8 player in the league, already an HOFer if his career ended today) would ALREADY qualify for that. Ayton is the key for the Suns to have a big 3. As of now, they don't qualify.

what's the next step mean for you? like become dominant on defense and score 20 every night? i think he's perfectly capable of that, but i don't think his offensive game will grow much further than what we say, maybe a little more polished but i don't think he's going to get handles like AD. defensively is where i think his biggest growth will happen. he made a good leap defensively last season compared to his rookie campaign.

highwhey
12-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Too late?:roll:

Rockets would forget everything in an instant if Harden came back happy and pleased.

possibly. but the trust is broken already. the fundamental concept of ANY relationship has been damaged.

FireDavidKahn
12-12-2020, 05:10 PM
possibly. but the trust is broken already. the fundamental concept of ANY relationship has been damaged.

Sorry but teams wont willingly trade a superstar unless the superstar stays mad.

Owners/teams control 99.9% of the NBA but the superstars of the league are the ones who actually run the show. You can't win without one (2+ nowadays) and no sane organization would trade one away if that player changed his mind....Especially if you are then putting your faith in Wall and Cousins.

It's ludicrous.

bizil
12-12-2020, 05:53 PM
what's the next step mean for you? like become dominant on defense and score 20 every night? i think he's perfectly capable of that, but i don't think his offensive game will grow much further than what we say, maybe a little more polished but i don't think he's going to get handles like AD. defensively is where i think his biggest growth will happen. he made a good leap defensively last season compared to his rookie campaign.

To qualify for a Big Three, u GOTTA be a perennial All Star or All NBA type of player. Or in the case of Book (only a one time All Star at his young age), so awesome that you are headed to likely superstar status it appears. Or the very next level under it. Ayton doesn't qualify for ANY OF THESE scenarios as of now.

That's what I mean by next step. Become dominant ENOUGH to be seen as that type of player CONSISTENTLY year in and year out. He has the tools to do it. BUT as of now, u can't call the Suns as having a Big Three. A back to form Wall and Boogie along with Harden would QUALIFY for a Big Three.

highwhey
12-12-2020, 06:11 PM
To qualify for a Big Three, u GOTTA be a perennial All Star or All NBA type of player. Or in the case of Book (only a one time All Star at his young age), so awesome that you are headed to likely superstar status it appears. Or the very next level under it. Ayton doesn't qualify for ANY OF THESE scenarios as of now.

That's what I mean by next step. Become dominant ENOUGH to be seen as that type of player CONSISTENTLY year in and year out. He has the tools to do it. BUT as of now, u can't call the Suns as having a Big Three. A back to form Wall and Boogie along with Harden would QUALIFY for a Big Three.

i get you. I think even if this CP3 trade results in a 1st round loss, the acquisition would still have been worth it bc Booker and Ayton need that veteran to teach them how to take their games to the next level. Ayton especially because CP3 will unlock some potential out of him, he's already demanding Ayton to be the defensive anchor and protect the rim. I love that CP3 is challenging him to do that. Igor said he challenged Ayton to get a DPOY award just before he was replaced. I think they see Ayton has that potential and they;re trying to get him to realize that as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGp16HM0hQ&ab_channel=XinProductions
see that very first play? year 1 ayton would have gotten his ankles broken. year 2 ayton played it smart, that clip alone encapsulates the leap he made defensively. there's also other examples of him staying in front of faster players, while also defending strong post players that bang down low. he can do both...that's pretty unique for a big with his size.

bizil
12-12-2020, 06:38 PM
i get you. I think even if this CP3 trade results in a 1st round loss, the acquisition would still have been worth it bc Booker and Ayton need that veteran to teach them how to take their games to the next level. Ayton especially because CP3 will unlock some potential out of him, he's already demanding Ayton to be the defensive anchor and protect the rim. I love that CP3 is challenging him to do that. Igor said he challenged Ayton to get a DPOY award just before he was replaced. I think they see Ayton has that potential and they;re trying to get him to realize that as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGp16HM0hQ&ab_channel=XinProductions
see that very first play? year 1 ayton would have gotten his ankles broken. year 2 ayton played it smart, that clip alone encapsulates the leap he made defensively. there's also other examples of him staying in front of faster players, while also defending strong post players that bang down low. he can do both...that's pretty unique for a big with his size.

Absolutely! Ayton is trending in the right direction for sure! CP3 coming in was an awesome pickup. And the crazy part is CP3 has NEVER played with a center as good as Ayton! I'm interested to see what CP3 can do with a young stud like Ayton!

highwhey
12-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Absolutely! Ayton is trending in the right direction for sure! CP3 coming in was an awesome pickup. And the crazy part is CP3 has NEVER played with a center as good as Ayton! I'm interested to see what CP3 can do with a young stud like Ayton!

good point. we shall see, fun season to look forward to overall. lot of good young stars to keep an eye on.

Sportal
12-12-2020, 09:33 PM
I hope they both have career years.

Axe
12-12-2020, 09:35 PM
No free lunch for boogie

MrFonzworth
12-13-2020, 03:24 AM

Uhh Deandre Jordan>>>Ayton

Xiao Yao You
12-13-2020, 04:02 AM
good point. we shall see, fun season to look forward to overall. lot of good young stars to keep an eye on.

the so called Stars weren't shining for Phoenix tonight

999Guy
12-13-2020, 04:12 AM
Rockets have to nut up and see how this team looks with Harden.

bizil
12-13-2020, 05:35 AM
Uhh Deandre Jordan>>>Ayton

HELL NAH! Deandre never had Ayton's skillset! Jordan in terms of boards and D was a great WILL BIG! Ayton is MUCH MORE SKILLED on offense. Plus Ayton has averaged 17 PPG and 10.7 boards so far in his career. Jordan made All NBA teams and an All Star game. But that was LARGELY because of the Clippers regular season success. His scoring ability is too INSUFFCIENT to be considered a better player than Ayton.