View Full Version : Ben Simmons available in James Harden Trade Talks

Ben Simmons
12-17-2020, 07:51 PM
Source? Me. Ben Simmons.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1339714292682280960

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1339714678344331265

1987_Lakers
12-17-2020, 07:53 PM
I don't understand why the Rockets would entertain that trade when they already traded for Wall.

Basketball r Us
12-17-2020, 07:56 PM
I don't understand why the Rockets would entertain that trade when they already traded for Wall.

Rockets might not keep both of them. Might even trade both of them for draft picks and salary cap relief. Listen, Rockets are already in rebuild mode.

highwhey
12-17-2020, 07:56 PM
https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/gladbron.png

Ben Simmons
12-17-2020, 07:57 PM

Wall was just to get the picks.

They arent dumb enough to think Wall and Simmons are a good fit. Although I think the fit is better than people think because Ben Simmons still doesnt run a lot of sets in the half court. So having an actual point guard is good.

If you watched the preseason game (Yes I know it was just preseason) I was so disappointed in Ben because you could immediately see the problem. Seth Curry was running the offense. At that point Im sure Morey knew what had to be done. Doc wasnt fixing it because its a Ben Simmons problem not a coaching one.

brooks_thompson
12-17-2020, 07:59 PM
So, Harden and Morey cannabalized the Rockets, ditched them, now want to team up and do it again in Philly. I’d probably go the spite trade route if I were Fertitta.

Basketball r Us
12-17-2020, 08:01 PM
So, Harden and Morey cannabalized the Rockets, ditched them, now want to team up and do it again in Philly. I’d probably go the spite trade route if I were Fertitta.

If Fertitta is smart, throw out that revenge thing...but do what will make his investment better.

brooks_thompson
12-17-2020, 08:03 PM
If Fertitta is smart, throw out that revenge thing...but do what will make his investment better.

I know at the end of the day cooler heads have to prevail with this much on the line. But you gotta admit it’d be infuriating to be in that situation

RRR3
12-17-2020, 08:05 PM
Ben is still young. You gotta trade for a young potential franchise player. They won’t get a better piece than Ben.

r0drig0lac
12-17-2020, 08:09 PM

:pimp:

Hakkim90cc
12-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Good trade for all sides;

Harden gets to play in stripper paradise,
Philly gets to contend for the ECF,
Houston gets a new cow to milk season tickets,
Ben gets to move closer to LA where he can pursue hollywood punani

Lets wrap this up

highwhey
12-17-2020, 08:13 PM
simmons is still a good player to build around. see how he plays with wall and trade if the fit isn't there. should be able to get some good picks.

highwhey
12-17-2020, 08:14 PM
i wish the suns could get simmons. 6'8 pg playing next to booker (6'6). that's great size and would actually compliment each others deficiency.

highwhey
12-17-2020, 10:35 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/james-harden-trade-rumors-daryl-morey-denies-report-76ers-willing-to-deal-ben-simmons/

who to believe?

Axe
12-17-2020, 10:48 PM
Too bad harden has become a drunken fatso these days :(

k0kakw0rld
12-17-2020, 10:55 PM
So everybody is trying to run away from LeBron to get a chance at a final? Wow unbelievable !! They all went east.

GOBB
12-18-2020, 12:06 AM
Sixers not giving up Ben Simmons for Harden. Will shit change come trade deadline? Maybe. Harden is an elite scoring guard but his latest nonsense makes me say no thanks. On paper Ben for Harden is fine but when you consider the fact Harden is acting out and has 2 years left? Not worth the risk of him walking.

Mask the Embiid
12-18-2020, 12:08 AM
Big Wiggle and the beard is not enough to win the easy anymore sadly.KD stacked the deck again too much

highwhey
12-18-2020, 12:12 AM
Sixers not giving up Ben Simmons for Harden. Will shit change come trade deadline? Maybe. Harden is an elite scoring guard but his latest nonsense makes me say no thanks. On paper Ben for Harden is fine but when you consider the fact Harden is acting out and has 2 years left? Not worth the risk of him walking.

yeah, harden has self-tanked his value. not sure what his agent is doing, his job should be to keep his image clean to maintain high value appeal.

highwhey
12-18-2020, 12:13 AM
Big Wiggle and the beard is not enough to win the easy anymore sadly.KD stacked the deck again too much

depends how good embiid is. i feel like he declined a bit last season. if he's the dominant embiid we know, he;s a top 10 player.

Jasper
12-18-2020, 12:20 AM

I was contemplating the same thought , and maybe move Simmons to SF ... but he is a guy that needs to ball in his hands to create , and Wall does as well. .
Bad trade idea , in my opinion.
The Rockets should target a legit PF... that can score and play defense.

Charlie Sheen
12-18-2020, 04:39 PM
I was contemplating the same thought , and maybe move Simmons to SF ... but he is a guy that needs to ball in his hands to create , and Wall does as well. .
Bad trade idea , in my opinion.
The Rockets should target a legit PF... that can score and play defense.

Ben has attempted like 20 3point shots for his career. Why wouldn't he fit alongside Wall You're just making it easier to play defense when Ben has the ball outside of his range because he's refusing to shoot.

MaxPlayer
12-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Can Simmons play center?

fourkicks44
12-18-2020, 11:37 PM
IMHO Houston have f#cked this trade up.

Completely botched it.

Can't see this trade getting done anymore.

Time to move on.