PDA

View Full Version : The Nuggets Look Really Good

ralph_i_el
12-19-2020, 01:03 PM
We all know how the came out in the bubble, but I think this team is going to look even better this season. For that team to go out and get Hartenstein (a young mobile big with a ton of potential) and Campazzo (will probably be the best offensive pg off the bench in the league) is crazy. MPJ and Bol Bol are weapons that fit right into the elite ball movement centered around Jokic. Offense is going to be too easy for this team, because I don't see how you can plan against this combination of passing IQ, shooting, and size. They aren't going to spend 1 minute this season without at least 4 shooters and at least 1 high IQ floor general on the floor.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Mike Malone is a great coach. This is my league pass team to watch.

Xiao Yao You
12-19-2020, 01:12 PM
you forgot about defense which they usually did too

ralph_i_el
12-19-2020, 01:19 PM
The Jazz are ugly to watch dude, sorry.

Proctor
12-19-2020, 01:23 PM
But they went out and signed Shaq Harrison and Yogi Ferrell. This makes them insta contenders! :no:

Proctor
12-19-2020, 01:24 PM
Both of those guys are virgins who live in their uncle's basement.
Hey sportsbra

ralph_i_el
12-19-2020, 01:24 PM
But they went out and signed Shaq Harrison and Yogi Ferrell. This makes them insta contenders! :no:

Tbh those are both fun players.

RRR3
12-19-2020, 01:29 PM
Hey sportsbra
:roll: :roll:

Proctor
12-19-2020, 01:29 PM
:roll: :roll:

:roll:

AirTupac
12-19-2020, 02:08 PM
Nuggets look good losing Grant and Plumlee lmao. Ya right.

RRR3
12-19-2020, 02:10 PM
Plumlee ****ing sucks in today’s era. Grant is fine but idk why you’re acting as if those two are major losses. They likely got rid of Plumlee and Grant so MPJ and Bol Bol can get more minutes.

Xiao Yao You
12-19-2020, 02:46 PM

what does that have to do with Denver not playing defense?

Xiao Yao You
12-19-2020, 02:46 PM

is one of them starting at the 4?

Xiao Yao You
12-19-2020, 02:48 PM
Plumlee ****ing sucks in today’s era. Grant is fine but idk why you’re acting as if those two are major losses. They likely got rid of Plumlee and Grant so MPJ and Bol Bol can get more minutes.

They played D so yeah they are big losses as is Craig. MPJ certainly doesn't play D. Maybe Bol will?

NugzFan
12-19-2020, 03:20 PM

What does this even mean?

OP is saying exactly that - we do look good despite losing those guys.
It’s an observation, not a prediction

ralph_i_el
12-19-2020, 10:19 PM

Others have noted that Plumlee sucks. Grant is ok but they have a crowded bench of guys who have way more upside.

NBAGOAT
12-19-2020, 10:47 PM
Everyone is forgetting Barton who missed the bubble and was at times their 2nd best player during the rs and played pretty good defense

Continuity likely matters more this year with shorter training camp and preseason. Good for a team like Denver or Utah, bad for portland or Phoenix

RoseCity07
12-19-2020, 11:33 PM
They looked very good against my Blazers. Hard to tell though because Blazers have almost no chemistry with all these new players to integrate.

I also don't think Paul Milsap will be killing like that all year. I do expect Porter Jr to kill though. They have that euro guard that is supposed to be very good but he's only like 5-11. Harris looks like he regressed a bit. I can't tell with Denver. I can't tell with any team until the regular season starts.

NuggetsFan
12-19-2020, 11:42 PM
what does that have to do with Denver not playing defense?

Denver was average defensively last year. Not sure why you wanna pretend they were awful. In the bubble Harris was banged up, and Barton was out who are both are best perimeter defenders so we were a trainwreck at times sure. It's not like the Nuggets weren't scoring a shit a ton of points vs the Jazz either. We won a 80-78 game 7, and held the Clippers to 89 points in game 7. Also held them to 98 points in game 6.

Nuggets are more inconsistent defensively than bad. We can D up at times. I don't think anybody has the answer for AD/LeBron defensively. Jokic's DBPM was 2 last year, and 2.9 the year before. Harris is a good perimeter defender. Barton's good. Murray's improved defensively going from brutal to average. Jokic like most C's struggle with perimeter switches, Harris doesn't have great size, Murray doesn't have great lateral quickness so certainly some flaws.

Outside of the Lakers there probably the safest bet as being the 2nd best team in the West.

NuggetsFan
12-19-2020, 11:48 PM
If the Nuggets do slip it won't be because of defense either. They made the WCF despite some defensive struggles. It won't be because of Plumlee/Grant. It'll come down to Murray's consistency and continuing to break out, and if MPJ can take that next step.

We know Jokic will make them decent as the best C in the league. If Murray becomes a legit star like he was in the bubble than there the 2nd best team in the West. If he returns to being a fringe All-Star guy than they'll be in the shuffle with all the other solid teams. Murray has all the potential in the world but pre bubble he's struggled with consistency that led to those 18 PPG seasons with up and down efficiency. If he's arrived I'm pretty confident in the Nuggets, if the bubble was a flash in the pan than it's a toss up for me.

Charlie Sheen
12-20-2020, 02:00 AM
If the Nuggets do slip it won't be because of defense either. They made the WCF despite some defensive struggles. It won't be because of Plumlee/Grant. It'll come down to Murray's consistency and continuing to break out, and if MPJ can take that next step.

We know Jokic will make them decent as the best C in the league. If Murray becomes a legit star like he was in the bubble than there the 2nd best team in the West. If he returns to being a fringe All-Star guy than they'll be in the shuffle with all the other solid teams. Murray has all the potential in the world but pre bubble he's struggled with consistency that led to those 18 PPG seasons with up and down efficiency. If he's arrived I'm pretty confident in the Nuggets, if the bubble was a flash in the pan than it's a toss up for me.

Do you expect Grant to be the player we saw in the bubble for the pistons? He impressed in the bubble, but that Denver offense really played to his strengths... he was ready to shoot when he got the ball, but that offense protected him from having to use his handle very much. His ballhandling was a weak spot of his game.

NuggetsFan
12-20-2020, 01:19 PM
Do you expect Grant to be the player we saw in the bubble for the pistons? He impressed in the bubble, but that Denver offense really played to his strengths... he was ready to shoot when he got the ball, but that offense protected him from having to use his handle very much. His ballhandling was a weak spot of his game.

I honestly don't know. I think Grant left for Detroit because he's getting a role he's never had before. His handle is shaky so I'm not sure how he's going to handle a bigger role. I'm not that upset about losing him because I think Jokic created alot of great looks for him. I'm pretty sure more than anybody on the Nuggets his buckets were always assisted. How teams defend Jokic opens alot of stuff up in terms of cutting and moving without the ball. Plus Murray was going off in the bubble.

I'm honestly curious to see how it goes in Detroit and if he's going to try and go out there and average 17-19 a game. My gut feeling would be if that happens his efficiency struggles and they aren't winning a ton of games.