PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gobert signs 5 year/$205M extension with Jazz

bison
12-20-2020, 12:41 PM
I guess they are going with Mitchell/gobert for the long haul. So he’s that good huh?

GOBB
12-20-2020, 12:48 PM
It’s a lot of bread for someone that’s so limited offensively. But teams like Utah have to pay homegrown talent. Because you’re not finding a Rudy Gobert unless you draft him. Top tier free agents are not putting down Utah for a destination 5 years at that. Fans aren’t smart enough to realize that.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 12:51 PM
:roll:

Many more mediocre seasons to come for the Jizz

vs the lottery

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 12:53 PM
It’s a lot of bread for someone that’s so limited offensively. But teams like Utah have to pay homegrown talent. Because you’re not finding a Rudy Gobert unless you draft him. Top tier free agents are not putting down Utah for a destination 5 years at that. Fans aren’t smart enough to realize that.

best rim threat in the league. He's a big part of why they led the league in 3's. You have to pick your poison. Great offensive rebounder. Best screener. Now if they only had a pf

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 12:57 PM
Bobby Marks: Utah has positioned their finances that even with a combined $65M+ owed to Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert in 2021-22, they are still projected to be under the luxury tax. 9 players on guaranteed contracts but a big ? mark at starting PG with the pending FA of Mike Conley (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter BobbyMarks42 (https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42)

Mitchell's the pg. Need a pf

GOBB
12-20-2020, 12:57 PM
best rim threat in the league. He's a big part of why they led the league in 3's. You have to pick your poison. Great offensive rebounder. Best screener. Now if they only had a pf

Yeah you’re not replacing Rudy so easily. Trade, lose him in free agency. Find your franchise back at the top of the lottery more likely than not.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 12:59 PM
“For me, my goal is to always win a championship,” said Gobert, who has a player option for the fifth season of the deal. (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30562881/rudy-gobert-agrees-5-year-205-million-extension-utah-jazz) “When we spoke with my agent before the negotiations started, I decided that I didn’t want to ask for the supermax. We didn’t want to start the negotiations by asking for the supermax. For me, it was important to show to the organization and show to the team that it wasn’t about money. It was about continuing to build what we’ve been building and also give this team and give myself the stability and the peace of mind to not have to deal with the negotiations later.
– via Tim MacMahon @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30562881/rudy-gobert-agrees-5-year-205-million-extension-utah-jazz)

Didn't even ask for supermax after they gave it to Mitchell!

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:01 PM
Yeah you’re not replacing Rudy so easily. Trade, lose him in free agency. Find your franchise back at the top of the lottery more likely than not.

they sucked when he emerged and they've sucked the 3 times he missed significant time. Hard to imagine them not sucking without him unless Mitchell becomes the player he's being paid and hyped to be and that remains to be seen. I doubt any trade would have helped them much

AlternativeAcc.
12-20-2020, 01:03 PM
vs the lottery
Lottery(hope) > mediocrity

How many championships were won because a team got an all time great in the lottery? Almost all of them.

Jazz just guarenteed they'll be mediocre for the next 20 years. Its a tough spot to be in because everyone in that organization is trying to keep their job. I understand they had to do this... but it's easy to see from the outside it means they'll never sniff a ring with him.

Kblaze8855
12-20-2020, 01:05 PM
vs the lottery

The lottery is where you get players who matter if you aren’t a free agent destination.

Rudy Gobert is like Otis on the Temptations. He plays his role and may in fact hold it all together. But guess what?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PrestigiousWeeklyAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

You need somebody to sing My Girl:

https://youtu.be/H7wbFMznJNo

Without David Ruffin the Temptations were just a group in search of a David Ruffin and without Mitchell or someone of his ilk the Jazz are too.

https://youtu.be/7Ub5VlF-75E

^
That’s David Ruffin.

In this bum ass no defense league guys like that lead you places. Collect them. They are found in the lottery. Nobody rushing out to get that new “We did ok” record. Get you a few David’s....you can make it for real.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:09 PM
https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/1340682934806667266/photo/1

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:11 PM
Lottery(hope) > mediocrity

How many championships were won because a team got an all time great in the lottery? Almost all of them.

Jazz just guarenteed they'll be mediocre for the next 20 years. Its a tough spot to be in because everyone in that organization is trying to keep their job. I understand they had to do this... but it's easy to see from the outside it means they'll never sniff a ring with him.

contract is for 5. Not sure how you figure 20. They people in the organization only have a job because of him. The president drafted him and Snyder put him on the floor otherwise they'd have lost a lot games

tpols
12-20-2020, 01:13 PM
Rudy tootie 200 mil. :lol :facepalm

How you gonna give a souped up tyson chandler the max? Then again there's been so many terrible perimeter players that got close to it, and at least Rudy has positive impact. But damn... on a yearly basis, this guy is making Pat Mahomes money smh.

HBK_Kliq_2
12-20-2020, 01:14 PM
He just had a guy on his team average 36PPG and he still lost in the 1st round, how good could his defense possibly be? He seems to get exposed a lot in playoffs.

It does make Jazz a solid 50 win team every year but it caps them at never making the finals. It depends how you look at it I guess. I would of probably sign and traded him. I guess jazz don't have much options though, nobody wants to go there and they don't want to rebuild when they already have Mitchell.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:15 PM
The lottery is where you get players who matter if you aren’t a free agent destination.

Rudy Gobert is like Otis on the Temptations. He plays his role and may in fact hold it all together. But guess what?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PrestigiousWeeklyAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

You need somebody to sing My Girl:

https://youtu.be/H7wbFMznJNo

Without David Ruffin the Temptations were just a group in search of a David Ruffin and without Mitchell or someone of his ilk the Jazz are too.

https://youtu.be/7Ub5VlF-75E

^
That’s David Ruffin.

In this bum ass no defense league guys like that lead you places. Collect them. They are found in the lottery. Nobody rushing out to get that new “We did ok” record. Get you a few David’s....you can make it for real.

The Jazz know all this. They were tanking when their backup center emerged to carry them to the 6th best record in the league out of nowhere. Despite that they still tried to tank the next year. 3rd most important person in their history.

Kblaze8855
12-20-2020, 01:16 PM
In all seriousness I like Rudy if only because I generally favor defense and doing the little things and considering how many people are max players these days he absolutely is one....

But he’s still the other guy in a good band.

He ain’t David Ruffin and he ain’t Justin Timberlake.

Hes definitely not gonna break out on his own and do anything to remember.

He sure holds down the harmony section and makes sure everyone gets there on time though.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:18 PM
He just had a guy on his team average 36PPG and he still lost in the 1st round, how good could his defense possibly be? He seems to get exposed a lot in playoffs.

It does make Jazz a solid 50 win team every year but it caps them at never making the finals. It depends how you look at it I guess. I would of probably sign and traded him. I guess jazz don't have much options though, nobody wants to go there and they don't want to rebuild when they already have Mitchell.

You need other guys playing defense too. They don't have a PF. Undersized backcourt. Head coaching issues. It's still a team game

Kblaze8855
12-20-2020, 01:18 PM
The Jazz know all this. They were tanking when their backup center emerged to carry them to the 6th best record in the league out of nowhere. Despite that they still tried to tank the next year. 3rd most important person in their history.

Karl, Stockton, Sloan and Pistol Pete. I don’t think you actually liked Sloan and yes Pete was overrated....but I’m not positive the Jazz even survive the 70s without him. Trading for him in New Orleans with his LSU ties and flashy style is the only reason the franchise didn’t fold before even moving to Utah.

Manny98
12-20-2020, 01:21 PM
Yikes... Talk about overpaid :roll::roll::roll:

NuggetsFan
12-20-2020, 01:22 PM
Jazz had no other choice. You lose Gobert and your not bad enough to be picking in the top 3, but not good enough for the playoffs. You pay Gobert and hope Mitchell keeps getting better and you get lucky somewhere along the lines. It's honestly similar to Denver in a way. We paid Murray before he "deserved" it but no other choice. Gobert probably isn't worth 205 m in a perfect world but he is to a team like Utah. Fans undersell how much being kinda competitive is vs becoming the next decades PHX Suns/T-Wolves.

Tobio-Star
12-20-2020, 01:27 PM
Xiao Yao You is FUMING :roll:

Spider is not sniffing a ring anytime soon :(

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:27 PM
Karl, Stockton, Sloan and Pistol Pete. I don’t think you actually liked Sloan and yes Pete was overrated....but I’m not positive the Jazz even survive the 70s without him. Trading for him in New Orleans with his LSU ties and flashy style is the only reason the franchise didn’t fold before even moving to Utah.

Pistol Pete never had a .500 team. Great offensive player. Debatable as to how things go without Pete. They sucked because they gave up way too much to get him. Kind of like Carmelo going to NY. Sloan won with two of the all time greats and later with a couple of stars. Job security doesn't make one great. Snyder will be be considered great as well than I guess! Rudy plays both ends. Dantley would be ahead of Pistol but he only played one end and didn't carry a bad team by himself. Kirilenko the year after Malone/Stockton is the closest thing they've had and he wasn't able to build on that after he got his max contract. Deron joined him and they added Boozer. None of them carried the team at both ends of the court. Even Stockton/Malone joined playoff teams. They didn't take a tanking team and make them good by himself

NuggetsFan
12-20-2020, 01:29 PM
You need other guys playing defense too. They don't have a PF. Undersized backcourt. Head coaching issues. It's still a team game

I mean Jokic averaged 26/8/5 on 51/48/84 shooting splits. Murray averaged 32 points on 55% from the field. Mitchell was literally the only reason that was even a series. He was insane hitting contested shots over an over and eventually ran outta steam. Put up 22 in a 78-80 point loss. If he hits those crazy shots and drops 35 the Jazz win. Jokic hung 32/14/4 when the Nuggets only scored 80 points .. if Gobert limits him to even a 22/10 game they win.

What's funny is Gobert was better offensively in game 7 than defensively. The Nuggets shot 37%, 8-31 from 3, but Jokic shot 52%. Everyone was bricking Utah just needed to slow down Jokic.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:29 PM
Jazz had no other choice. You lose Gobert and your not bad enough to be picking in the top 3, but not good enough for the playoffs. You pay Gobert and hope Mitchell keeps getting better and you get lucky somewhere along the lines. It's honestly similar to Denver in a way. We paid Murray before he "deserved" it but no other choice. Gobert probably isn't worth 205 m in a perfect world but he is to a team like Utah. Fans undersell how much being kinda competitive is vs becoming the next decades PHX Suns/T-Wolves.

Mitchell is the one getting paid before he deserves it. Rudy was eligible for more because he earned it. He earned more on his last contract and settled for less rather than risk injury

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:30 PM
Xiao Yao You is FUMING :roll:

Spider is not sniffing a ring anytime soon :(

That's up to Spider. Is he going to become more than just a high volume/low efficiency player?

Manny98
12-20-2020, 01:31 PM
wtf does Rudy do on offense apart from set screens and dunk :roll:

And he's a defensive liability against teams that go small and force him to play on the perimeter

40 million a year for a unathletic big who can't shoot worth for shit, I thought Siakams contract was bad :roll:

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:34 PM
I mean Jokic averaged 26/8/5 on 51/48/84 shooting splits. Murray averaged 32 points on 55% from the field. Mitchell was literally the only reason that was even a series. He was insane hitting contested shots over an over and eventually ran outta steam. Put up 22 in a 78-80 point loss. If he hits those crazy shots and drops 35 the Jazz win. Jokic hung 32/14/4 when the Nuggets only scored 80 points .. if Gobert limits him to even a 22/10 game they win.

What's funny is Gobert was better offensively in game 7 than defensively. The Nuggets shot 37%, 8-31 from 3, but Jokic shot 52%. Everyone was bricking Utah just needed to slow down Jokic.

If he limits Jokic scoring wise someone else scores. That was the approach they took. If Mitchell plays D on Murray they win. Lots of things you can look at. Mitchell with the 8 second call cost them more than anything else. The biggest thing that chagned the series was Denver going big and the Jazz had no answer other than a couple of rookies that their coach wouldn't play for some reason. Still don't have an answer other than Favors and that brings new issues back to the table

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:37 PM
wtf does Rudy do on offense apart from set screens and dunk :roll:

And he's a defensive liability against teams that go small and force him to play on the perimeter

40 million a year for a unathletic big who can't shoot worth for shit, I thought Siakams contract was bad :roll:

Great offensive rebounder. His pressure at the rim and his screens allows them to be the best shooting team in the league. He's hardly unathletic. He'd be just another long guy if that was the case

NuggetsFan
12-20-2020, 01:39 PM
If he limits Jokic scoring wise someone else scores. That was the approach they took. If Mitchell plays D on Murray they win. Lots of things you can look at. Mitchell with the 8 second call cost them more than anything else. The biggest thing that chagned the series was Denver going big and the Jazz had no answer other than a couple of rookies that their coach wouldn't play for some reason. Still don't have an answer other than Favors and that brings new issues back to the table

Denver shot 37% that game 7, the went 8-31 from 3. Murray was 7-21. Grant 1-5. Morris 3-8. Harris 1-9. Porter 3-7. Craig 3-9. Than Jokic was 12-23. Nuggets won 80-78. It was a game where everyone was cold, or bricking everything. Gobert played good offensively but when your the best defensive C in the league and you lose a game 7 where the opposing C is the only player in the game to go off? I don't see how that doesn't fall at your feet.

Than again Mitchell averaged 36 points on absurd efficiency and that wasn't good enough for you lol

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 01:41 PM
Denver shot 37% that game 7, the went 8-31 from 3. Murray was 7-21. Grant 1-5. Morris 3-8. Harris 1-9. Porter 3-7. Craig 3-9. Than Jokic was 12-23. Nuggets won 80-78. It was a game where everyone was cold, or bricking everything. Gobert played good offensively but when your the best defensive C in the league and you lose a game 7 where the opposing C is the only player in the game to go off? I don't see how that doesn't fall at your feet.

Than again Mitchell averaged 36 points on absurd efficiency and that wasn't good enough for you lol

game 7 was a defensive battle. The rest of series not so much. The other center is one of the best players in the game

Manny98
12-20-2020, 01:54 PM
Great offensive rebounder. His pressure at the rim and his screens allows them to be the best shooting team in the league. He's hardly unathletic. He'd be just another long guy if that was the case
40 million for a screen setter :roll:

Basically a slightly more athletic Andrew Bogut

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 02:06 PM
40 million for a screen setter :roll:

Basically a slightly more athletic Andrew Bogut

One of the best players in the game

Manny98
12-20-2020, 02:20 PM
Not even top 5 at his own position

1. Jokic
2. Bam
3. Embiid
4. Porzingis
5. Drummond

Proctor
12-20-2020, 02:30 PM
5/205 for a glorified Theo Ratliff. :facepalm

Overpaid to the extreme

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 02:37 PM

1. Jokic
2. Bam
3. Embiid
4. Porzingis
5. Drummond

Porzingas and Drummond! :roll:

Kings2024Champs
12-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Cant switch on D, loses value come playoff time, sets screens (thats nice), cant score outside garbage buckets, ruins spacing, takes up 30% of your salary space.. Hard pass

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Cant switch on D, loses value come playoff time, sets screens (thats nice), cant score outside garbage buckets, ruins spacing, takes up 30% of your salary space.. Hard pass

He can't switch on D? Since when? He's the best at the most effective shot in the game. Not sure how that is garbage? They had the best 3 point shooting team in the league because of the pressure he puts on the rim. He creates spacing. Apparently have never even watched the guy play. Try again :lol

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 02:46 PM
Good article on his value

https://saltcityhoops.com/utahs-unique-superstar-gobert/

NBAGOAT
12-20-2020, 02:49 PM
this isnt that bad. I dont think gobert deserved 5 years but any young star gets the max now and gobert is better than a lot of them. does mean we have another team that has to just go with their core for the next half decade but isnt good enough to win a title imo.

NBAGOAT
12-20-2020, 02:50 PM

1. Jokic
2. Bam
3. Embiid
4. Porzingis
5. Drummond

people still think drummond is good :lol

Proctor
12-20-2020, 02:52 PM

1. Jokic
2. Bam
3. Embiid
4. Porzingis
5. Drummond
Don't forget Ayton and Towns

GOBB
12-20-2020, 02:56 PM
People saying overpaid, hard pass but giving no other alternatives. If you say trade it better be for someone who is locked in for at least 3 years. Unless you know that player will remain in Utah. Curious what should they have done? Get rid of Rudy and play for the top of the lottery in hopes of a superstar?

GOBB
12-20-2020, 03:01 PM
Sixers gave a guy who never made all nba, all defense, all star, won 6th man making 30+ per year. Oh with no upside he’s basically what you see is what you will always get. New flash nba teams overpay. I would love them to stop and give out reasonable contracts. But that’s not reality. Rudy will impact the game more than Tobias ever will. Big deal.

Unless y’all want Utah to do what the sixers did under Hinkie and tank? But then you’ll bitch about that too like when my sixers did it. Some (not all) fans just complain to complain.

RRR3
12-20-2020, 03:09 PM

1. Jokic
2. Bam
3. Embiid
4. Porzingis
5. Drummond
Finally realized Bam is a beast eh? Lol at Drummond tho.

Kings2024Champs
12-20-2020, 03:18 PM
Yes cant switch.. still has grill marks on him from being turned into BBQ chicken in the playoffs

RRR3
12-20-2020, 03:21 PM
Yes cant switch.. still has grill marks on him from being turned into BBQ chicken in the playoffs
Holy shit :roll:

NBAGOAT
12-20-2020, 03:25 PM
Sixers gave a guy who never made all nba, all defense, all star, won 6th man making 30+ per year. Oh with no upside he’s basically what you see is what you will always get. New flash nba teams overpay. I would love them to stop and give out reasonable contracts. But that’s not reality. Rudy will impact the game more than Tobias ever will. Big deal.

Unless y’all want Utah to do what the sixers did under Hinkie and tank? But then you’ll bitch about that too like when my sixers did it. Some (not all) fans just complain to complain.

everyone thinks multiple teams can do what the la teams do and give only the mle to good starters or get ad and george to sacrifice a bit of money. ad took 5 years when he could've taken a shorter deal and gotten a 35% max for his next contract. george's extension is only 4 yrs. It's just unrealistic and less than 5 teams in the league can pull off those moves because they're destination markets and title contenders

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 03:42 PM
people still think drummond is good :lol

yeah where's that other great Towns?

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 03:43 PM
People saying overpaid, hard pass but giving no other alternatives. If you say trade it better be for someone who is locked in for at least 3 years. Unless you know that player will remain in Utah. Curious what should they have done? Get rid of Rudy and play for the top of the lottery in hopes of a superstar?

In hopes that Mitchell actually becomes great?

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 03:44 PM

He can switch. He can't guard Harden and Capela by himself that much is true but thankfully won't have to

Manny98
12-20-2020, 03:52 PM

Manny98
12-20-2020, 03:53 PM
yeah where's that other great Towns?

At least Towns can shoot outside of 5ft unlike Rudy who simply clogs up the paint on offense as he has no offensive moves

Kings2024Champs
12-20-2020, 03:55 PM
He can switch. He can't guard Harden and Capela by himself that much is true but thankfully won't have to

Murray turned him into Canadian bacon. Hes a relic of the old nba. He still has value of course but he has to be protected with switchy defenders all around him since he can only guard 5s and scrubs that cant shoot. Id pay 20 mil tops and trade him if he wants a dime more. Probablt cant win a ring with him playing starter mins in the modern nba but we shall see

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 03:55 PM
https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/8/6/20753064/rudy-gobert-cant-play-in-playoffs-struggled-houston-james-harden-utah-jazz-defense-offense

this article is from 2019

On those possessions when Gobert doesn’t directly challenge shots, he still defines what kinds of shots opponents get. He is a one-man defensive architecture. (Embiid is, too.) Because of Gobert, Utah allows the fifth-lowest share of shots at the basket -- and that understates his impact, since that share plummets when Gobert is on the floor. Because of Gobert, perimeter defenders can stick to shooters; Utah allows the lowest share of opponent 3s.

When one looks at Utah’s opponents’ on-off stats with Rudy Gobert and without Rudy Gobert, you would expect Utah’s opponent shooting at the rim to increase when he leaves the floor, but you wouldn’t expect their three point shooting to also increase when he leaves the floor. Opponents shoot 2.1% better from three when Rudy Gobert is off the court. That’s a 0.063 point increase per shot. The spacing on the floor is greater without Rudy Gobert on the floor. Utah’s defense has to collapse more when Gobert isn’t out there which opens more lanes for cutters and more chaos opens more open catch and shoot opportunities for three point shooters.

Why aren't those guys that Rudy can't switch on getting to the rim or hitting 3's? :coleman:

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 03:58 PM

The recent article I posted earlier

Those aren’t isolated incidents, tracking stats say. When an iso scorer uses the possession against Gobert, he allows just 0.66 points on average, tied for literally the best (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/isolation/?SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TypeGrouping=defensive&CF=POSS*GE*60&sort=PPP&dir=-1&PerMode=Totals) figure of any big man in the league with a minimum of 60 such plays. (He’s tied with Jokic and Bam Adebayo; Ivica Zubac is the best iso-guarding big at 0.57, but on literally half the possessions guarded.)

They should trade him Zubac and hope for the best?

Kings2024Champs
12-20-2020, 04:04 PM

The recent article I posted earlier

They should trade him Zubac and hope for the best?

Well post covid he really isnt the same smh.. The effects sometimes are permanent so im not surprised. Hopefully he can turn it around but he looks like damaged goods now champ. We're rooting for you rudy!

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 04:31 PM
Well post covid he really isnt the same smh.. The effects sometimes are permanent so im not surprised. Hopefully he can turn it around but he looks like damaged goods now champ. We're rooting for you rudy!

Now it's just post Trump virus? Make up your mind! :oldlol:

Put up a career high 17 a game in the playoffs in a career high 39 minutes a game. Career playoff highs of 11 rebounds and 8 defensive boards a game. Not sure this argument works for you either but keep trolling! :cheers:

brownmamba00
12-20-2020, 04:47 PM
God I wish I was a 7'2 lanky stiff Frenchman with no talent damn 200 milly

Axe
12-20-2020, 04:56 PM
Still comes up short compared to giannis's contract but very high nevertheless

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 04:58 PM
Still comes up short compared to giannis's contract but very high nevertheless

short of Westbrook as well. I certainly wouldn't trade Gobert for Westbrook

Axe
12-20-2020, 04:59 PM
short of Westbrook as well. I certainly wouldn't trade Gobert for Westbrook
If he's younger i think it'd be viable enough

Noyze
12-20-2020, 06:30 PM
If there are any Jazz fans trying to convince themselves that this isn't that bad of a deal, let me tell you your future.

1) This contract wont affect them this year. We see this all the time. It's the Honeymoon phase. Mitchell and Gobert just got paid and their happy this year. They will do well, lose in the 2nd round and say to themselves "we'll just run it back, it'll be different next year."

2) We hear the term "One-piece-away" alot. If you believe the Jazz have enough, ok. But if that proves to be untrue then they definitely can't afford that last piece now. There wont be any Bojan Bogdanović level signings.

3) This deal will put more pressure on Mitchell, because the Jazz wont be able to use Gobert against the top 4 teams in the west, and he will be less effective in the playoffs in general. Which leads to Mitchell quietly asking management for more help.

4) Then there's Gobert's character, you gotta consider it. Maybe it wont be an issue in the future, but it has been an issue in the past and we're not just talking about his handing in the Covid incident.

So what do I mean when I said "We see this all the time?" Whenever you use the bulk of your cap to a player who's only half as effective (or maybe less) in the post season it usually effects the other players negatively, Mitchell. This doesn't effect role players, but young stars want to see upward improvement. This is your Jazz team in their prime, the roster isn't gonna get any better then this for the next 4 years. My solution would have been to somehow convince him to take around $165-175. That would be a tough task for a player who made the All NBA Team twice, I know. Except Gobert is one dimensional. This contract will look amazing in the regular season and you will convince yourself that things will be great in the playoffs. If I had to guess I'd say early 2022 the honeymoon phase begins to wear off, Jazz aren't improving, maybe they go through a short losing streak. The stars aren't getting along and one of them will be gone by the summer.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 06:51 PM
If there are any Jazz fans trying to convince themselves that this isn't that bad of a deal, let me tell you your future.

1) This contract wont affect them this year. We see this all the time. It's the Honeymoon phase. Mitchell and Gobert just got paid and their happy this year. They will do well, lose in the 2nd round and say to themselves "we'll just run it back, it'll be different next year."

2) We hear the term "One-piece-away" alot. If you believe the Jazz have enough, ok. But if that proves to be untrue then they definitely can't afford that last piece now. There wont be any Bojan Bogdanović level signings.

3) This deal will put more pressure on Mitchell, because the Jazz wont be able to use Gobert against the top 4 teams in the west, and he will be less effective in the playoffs in general. Which leads to Mitchell quietly asking management for more help.

4) Then there's Gobert's character, you gotta consider it. Maybe it wont be an issue in the future, but it has been an issue in the past and we're not just talking about his handing in the Covid incident.

So what do I mean when I said "We see this all the time?" Whenever you use the bulk of your cap to a player who's only half as effective (or maybe less) in the post season it usually effects the other players negatively, Mitchell. This doesn't effect role players, but young stars want to see upward improvement. This is your Jazz team in their prime, the roster isn't gonna get any better then this for the next 4 years. My solution would have been to somehow convince him to take around $165-175. That would be a tough task for a player who made the All NBA Team twice, I know. Except Gobert is one dimensional. This contract will look amazing in the regular season and you will convince yourself that things will be great in the playoffs. If I had to guess I'd say early 2022 the honeymoon phase begins to wear off, Jazz aren't improving, maybe they go through a short losing streak. The stars aren't getting along and one of them will be gone by the summer.

Why won't they be able to use Gobert? Might have to sit Mitchell because he's being abused defensively. Mitchell needs to step up before he can ask fro more help. What about Rudy's character is a problem? Why would Gobert take less money than Mitchell when he's actually earned it? How is a guy that plays both ends one dimensional. If he was he wouldn't have been eligible for this type of money and would not have got it. Rudy needs help there's no doubt about it. Rather he ever gets it I doubt it. I thought he should leave and go to another team but it would be hard to turn down that kind of money

RRR3
12-20-2020, 07:13 PM
Why won't they be able to use Gobert? Might have to sit Mitchell because he's being abused defensively. Mitchell needs to step up before he can ask fro more help. What about Rudy's character is a problem? Why would Gobert take less money than Mitchell when he's actually earned it? How is a guy that plays both ends one dimensional. If he was he wouldn't have been eligible for this type of money and would not have got it. Rudy needs help there's no doubt about it. Rather he ever gets it I doubt it. I thought he should leave and go to another team but it would be hard to turn down that kind of money
Saying he plays both ends is somewhat disingenuous. No one is worried about him scoring in the half court off a set play.

GOBB
12-20-2020, 07:38 PM
In hopes that Mitchell actually becomes great?

That needs to happen regardless for Utah to get to the next level in the post season. But you need a Rudy anchoring the middle.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 07:56 PM
Saying he plays both ends is somewhat disingenuous. No one is worried about him scoring in the half court off a set play.

Actually they are worried about him. Either you keep Rudy from the most effective shot in the league which he is the best at or you give up an open 3. Pick your poison. It's a big reason why they led the league in 3 point shooting. They plan on shooting even more of them this year which will open up the paint even more. They have to worry about him on the offensive boards. They have to worry about his picks.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 07:58 PM
That needs to happen regardless for Utah to get to the next level in the post season. But you need a Rudy anchoring the middle.

Yes it does. He's getting paid now too or will be next season anyway. Rudy is the one thing that is right in Utah rather you think he should get that money or not.

GOBB
12-20-2020, 08:01 PM
Yes it does. He's getting paid now too or will be next season anyway. Rudy is the one thing that is right in Utah rather you think he should get that money or not.

I agree with that. I’m not sure why others don’t. Especially with no reasonable alternatives for replacing Rudy if you’re not gonna pay him.

GOBB
12-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Actually they are worried about him. Either you keep Rudy from the most effective shot in the league which he is the best at or you give up an open 3. Pick your poison. It's a big reason why they led the league in 3 point shooting. They plan on shooting even more of them this year which will open up the paint even more. They have to worry about him on the offensive boards. They have to worry about his picks.

So it sounds like Utah lives and dies by the 3? Or am I reading that wrong? And what kind of PF do you want next to him, assuming stretch big? Is it only Mitchell who is holding them back from being finals contenders? You watch that team far more than me. Just curious your thoughts since my views are who watches them here and there. And I go by stats. I don’t know the inner workings of those Jazz teams as well as you

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 08:58 PM
So it sounds like Utah lives and dies by the 3? Or am I reading that wrong? And what kind of PF do you want next to him, assuming stretch big? Is it only Mitchell who is holding them back from being finals contenders? You watch that team far more than me. Just curious your thoughts since my views are who watches them here and there. And I go by stats. I don’t know the inner workings of those Jazz teams as well as you

Sounds like that is the plan. More 3's. Faster pace. Not a lot about D which is where their problems were last year. Not sure if Favors and Shaq is enough to change that? Need some one that defends and hits the 3 and is a legitimate starting 4. O'Neale plays big for his size but he's 6'4. Bojan and Ingles are guards essentially. They could play small or really small last year. Did poorly against good teams. You have to be able to match up and create mismatches. They were too small last year. Favors was their answer and the spacing is horrible with him at the 4. Even worse than before because they haven't planted him the corner for whatever reason.

Mitchell living up to the hype and becoming efficient and stepping up defensively would certainly take things to another level. He's going to be getting paid to be one of the best so it's time.

NuggetsFan
12-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Mitchell living up to the hype and becoming efficient and stepping up defensively would certainly take things to another level. He's going to be getting paid to be one of the best so it's time.

He literally just averaged 36 points on absurd splits. What more did you want from him in the playoffs? You could mention defense but like I posted earlier in this thread it wasn't like Jokic didn't light up Gobert in game 7.

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2020, 09:52 PM
He literally just averaged 36 points on absurd splits. What more did you want from him in the playoffs? You could mention defense but like I posted earlier in this thread it wasn't like Jokic didn't light up Gobert in game 7.

I'm taking my observations from what I saw during the season not in the bubble anyway. Leave that to you and highwey

bladefd
12-21-2020, 12:21 AM
Rudy is a very good player, but we all know he is not a supermax player. Not even close. He is system-oriented and isn't a player who if you plugged him into say the Knicks roster, the Knicks would suddenly be playoff-bound. Those type of players are more like LeBron, KD, Kawhi, Shaq, Duncan, KG, Kobe, Chris Paul, Magic, Kareem, the superstars who you build the team around as the cornerpiece. Rudy ain't anywhere close to that. I think 30mill/yr would have been more than reasonable for Rudy. He is a good high-character guy & I want the guy to get paid, but you have to stay within reason. You can't go nuts throwing this level of cash as if it's nothing.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 12:28 AM
Rudy is a very good player, but we all know he is not a supermax player. Not even close. He is system-oriented and isn't a player who if you plugged him into say the Knicks roster, the Knicks would suddenly be playoff-bound. Those type of players are more like LeBron, KD, Kawhi, Shaq, Duncan, KG, Kobe, Chris Paul, Magic, Kareem, the superstars who you build the team around as the cornerpiece. Rudy ain't anywhere close to that. I think 30mill/yr would have been more than reasonable for Rudy. He is a good high-character guy & I want the guy to get paid, but you have to stay within reason. You can't go nuts throwing this level of cash as if it's nothing.

Thibs and Rudy wouldn't be playoff bound in the east? The Jazz were tanking when Rudy emerged. 6th best record after they put him in the starting lineup and that was the west. He's improved a lot since then too

MaxPlayer
12-21-2020, 12:31 AM

Yeah I basically agree. Is Gobert worth this contract in a vacuum? No. But it’s not as if the Jazz have free agents lining up that they can spend the money on instead. Their only option for signing established players is to overpay.

DCL
12-21-2020, 03:05 AM
signing a crazy contract is not always about market value.

analyzing it like that will never make logical sense.

because sometimes it's simply about what the hell that team desperately needs to keep.

Magic Is Magic
12-21-2020, 03:20 AM
Now that is one lofty contract for a guy that doesn't score a lot of points. Gobert's advanced stats are valuable beyond what his basic box score numbers show but that is still one gigantic contract. I'm not sure if Utah panicked or if they truly believe Rudy is worth that type of payday.

bladefd
12-21-2020, 03:49 AM
Thibs and Rudy wouldn't be playoff bound in the east? The Jazz were tanking when Rudy emerged. 6th best record after they put him in the starting lineup and that was the west. He's improved a lot since then too

Hmmm.. Bucks, nets, toronto, miami, 76ers, celtics, pacers, hawks.. Nope, no Knicks even with Rudy & thibs. Hawks will have a top 5 offense in all of nba so I don't see them not making playoffs.

Supermax is only for the hall of fame bound generational players - the legends who you build the entire team around. That is not Rudy.

DoctorP
12-21-2020, 04:06 AM
You gotta do it cause if he leaves for nothing you fill that void with lesser players. At least you keep him and trade later to attempt to recoup value

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 08:01 AM
Hmmm.. Bucks, nets, toronto, miami, 76ers, celtics, pacers, hawks.. Nope, no Knicks even with Rudy & thibs. Hawks will have a top 5 offense in all of nba so I don't see them not making playoffs.

Supermax is only for the hall of fame bound generational players - the legends who you build the entire team around. That is not Rudy.

He's already shown he can carry a crappy team for 6 years. No reason to think he couldn't elsewhere. He's one of the best or best at defense, rim running, rebounding and screening. Things every team needs. He brings a lot to the table

jayfan
12-21-2020, 12:06 PM

1. Jokic
2. Bam
3. Embiid
4. Porzingis
5. Drummond

Ok, I crack on Gobert from time to time also. But you've lost me with Drummond. (unless you're just trolling him).

Drummond isn't half the player Gobert is. He's hot garbage.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Ok, I crack on Gobert from time to time also. But you've lost me with Drummond. (unless you're just trolling him).

Drummond isn't half the player Gobert is. He's hot garbage.

better rebounder. That's it.

8Ball
12-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Rudy ain't worth 200M compared to what other players get 200M.

In a perfect world Rudy Gobert gets paid 22 M a year.

But small market teams have to overpay to keep their talent.

madmax
12-21-2020, 01:38 PM
imagine paying offensively limited center 41 mil a year in this day and age of modern basketball...:facepalm
not sure if Jazz are retarded or they truly believe he's worth this amount of money - someone like JV from Grizzlies constantly wins H2H matchups against this guy and he's getting paid 15 mil a year lol

RRR3
12-21-2020, 01:42 PM
This dude thinks Rudy would get the Knicks into the playoffs :roll:

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 01:55 PM
imagine paying offensively limited center 41 mil a year in this day and age of modern basketball...:facepalm
not sure if Jazz are retarded or they truly believe he's worth this amount of money - someone like JV from Grizzlies constantly wins H2H matchups against this guy and he's getting paid 15 mil a year lol

Not sure if JV wins matchups constantly but he's one of the guys that can push him around a bit which is a tougher matchup for him for sure

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 01:57 PM
This dude thinks Rudy would get the Knicks into the playoffs :roll:

Jazz were as bad as the Knicks or anyone in 2014 when he led them to the 6th best record after the all star break. So yeah there's no reason to think he couldn't put any team in the mix.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 02:09 PM
Jazz were 6-19 through December 16th 2014 including a 9 game game losing streak when Rudy made them competitive. Sounds a lot like the Knicks or any other team that was tanking to me. Just look at the roster he ended up leading to 38 wins.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2015.html

Benimon, Burke, Christopher, Clark, Colley, Cotton, Evans, Exum, Jerrett, Johnson, E.Milsap, Murry, Novak, Williams :roll:

RRR3
12-21-2020, 02:10 PM
Jazz were as bad as the Knicks or anyone in 2014 when he led them to the 6th best record after the all star break. So yeah there's no reason to think he couldn't put any team in the mix.
You mean 2015 and the Knicks don’t have anyone close to 2015 Hayward or Derrick Favors :facepalm

RRR3
12-21-2020, 02:12 PM
Jazz were 6-19 through December 16th 2014 including a 9 game game losing streak when Rudy made them competitive. Sounds a lot like the Knicks or any other team that was tanking to me. Just look at the roster he ended up leading to 38 wins.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2015.html

Benimon, Burke, Christopher, Clark, Colley, Cotton, Evans, Exum, Jerrett, Johnson, E.Milsap, Murry, Novak, Williams :roll:
Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors were both really ****ing good that year but ok keep acting as if Gobert is Hakeem.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 02:16 PM
You mean 2015 and the Knicks don’t have anyone close to 2015 Hayward or Derrick Favors :facepalm

2014-15. Rudy emerged in December 2014. You mean the Hayward and Favors that led them to 6-19 and a 9 game losing streak? Favors has certainly never put up numbers like Randle. Don't forget journeymen Kanter and Burks who were part of their daunting big 4! Exum and Trey Burke were their pg's for Christsakes!

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors were both really ****ing good that year but ok keep acting as if Gobert is Hakeem.

Yeah so good the Jazz were 6-19 with a 9 game losing streak before Rudy turned the franchise around

RRR3
12-21-2020, 02:39 PM
2014-15. Rudy emerged in December 2014. You mean the Hayward and Favors that led them to 6-19 and a 9 game losing streak? Favors has certainly never put up numbers like Randle. Don't forget journeymen Kanter and Burks who were part of their daunting big 4! Exum and Trey Burke were their pg's for Christsakes!
When has Randle ever played defense like Favors? When has ANYONE on the Knicks been as good as prime Gordon Hayward? You’re a clown.

RRR3
12-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Yeah so good the Jazz were 6-19 with a 9 game losing streak before Rudy turned the franchise around
Turned them around into a perpetual treadmill team. Da gawd. Dude was getting absolutely barbecued on defense in the first round and wasted an all time great series from Mitchell.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 03:02 PM
When has Randle ever played defense like Favors? When has ANYONE on the Knicks been as good as prime Gordon Hayward? You’re a clown.

When has Favors ever play offense like Randle? That wasn't prime Hayward. That was the Hayward waiting on someone else to lead the team. I'm a clown for thinking a guy that turned around a horrible 6-19 team couldn't do something similar with any other shitty team?

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Turned them around into a perpetual treadmill team. Da gawd. Dude was getting absolutely barbecued on defense in the first round and wasted an all time great series from Mitchell.

He turned them from the Knicks of the west to a perennial playoff team.

The all time great series where Mitchell was a turnstile and lost the series by not getting the ball over half court?

RRR3
12-21-2020, 03:25 PM
When has Favors ever play offense like Randle? That wasn't prime Hayward. That was the Hayward waiting on someone else to lead the team. I'm a clown for thinking a guy that turned around a horrible 6-19 team couldn't do something similar with any other shitty team?
Favors was putting up 18.7 points per 36 on solid efficiency in 2015, that’s hardly massively inferior to Randle. If you don’t think the second best year of Hayward’s career was his prime I don’t know what to tell you.

RRR3
12-21-2020, 03:28 PM
He turned them from the Knicks of the west to a perennial playoff team.

The all time great series where Mitchell was a turnstile and lost the series by not getting the ball over half court?
You are blaming a man who put up 36.3 PPG on 69.6 TS% over the guy who scored less than half that on significantly worse efficiency and was barbecued by Jamal Murray on switches while being sodomized by Nikola Jokic in the post. Absolute peak stanning.

RRR3
12-21-2020, 03:29 PM
Playoff BPM

Mitchell: 9.4
Gobert: 0.1

Xiao: Mitchell’s fault!

:yaohappy:

Gudo
12-21-2020, 03:36 PM
This deal is not going to age well

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 03:52 PM
Favors was putting up 18.7 points per 36 on solid efficiency in 2015, that’s hardly massively inferior to Randle. If you don’t think the second best year of Hayward’s career was his prime I don’t know what to tell you.

6-19

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 03:55 PM
Trey Burke went from the Jazz to the Knicks Gleague team. Exum got demoted to the Knicks of the midwest the Cavs. These were the pg's on that team! :lol

Burks was considered their 3rd or 4th best player. He's on the Knicks now and is better

RRR3
12-21-2020, 03:59 PM
6-19
“Teams never have bad starts”-you.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 04:00 PM
“Teams never have bad starts”-you.

When they are tanking they always do. 9 game losing streak isn't a bad start. That's a shitty team

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 04:11 PM
The following year Gobert missed two months and prime Hayward and Favors still couldn't win games without pre prime Rudy. Just a coincidence?

RRR3
12-21-2020, 04:19 PM
The following year Gobert missed two months and prime Hayward and Favors still couldn't win games without pre prime Rudy. Just a coincidence?
Wow, a team did worse without one of their best players. Unprecedented.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Wow, a team did worse without one of their best players. Unprecedented.

They haven't been good without him since they let their best player Millsap go to tank

imdaman99
12-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Rudy Goober on the Knicks and they are guaranteed playoffs in the East. He's like a smarter suped up version of Mitchell Robinson, who has a nice impact but ALWAYS in foul trouble.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Rudy Goober on the Knicks and they are guaranteed playoffs in the East. He's like a smarter suped up version of Mitchell Robinson, who has a nice impact but ALWAYS in foul trouble.

Rudy is able to stay out of foul trouble for the most part

Callystarr
12-21-2020, 08:28 PM
Mitchell is the one getting paid before he deserves it. Rudy was eligible for more because he earned it. He earned more on his last contract and settled for less rather than risk injury

That’s BS
Donovan has been leading the team in scoring getting paid less than 8 million a year. Nobody expected him to be this good, Utah got away for 4 years paying him pennies of his worth. He was rightfully paid

Callystarr
12-21-2020, 08:30 PM
How does that bring new issues to the table, When the intentions is to play Favors behind Rudy not with

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 08:50 PM
That’s BS
Donovan has been leading the team in scoring getting paid less than 8 million a year. Nobody expected him to be this good, Utah got away for 4 years paying him pennies of his worth. He was rightfully paid

He's high usage/low efficiency 1 way player. He's getting max(potentially super max) on potential like many rookie extensions. He's certainly not a max player now. No one expected Rudy to be this good but he had already carried a crappy team when he settled for less than max on his first extension.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 08:52 PM
How does that bring new issues to the table, When the intentions is to play Favors behind Rudy not with

That might be the intention but if you haven't watched pre season they've played together and the spacing was horrendous. Didn't even have him spotting up in the corner anymore. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back in the starting lineup yet again since they have no other PF that Quin will play. They never learn!

RRR3
12-21-2020, 09:09 PM
You are blaming a man who put up 36.3 PPG on 69.6 TS% over the guy who scored less than half that on significantly worse efficiency and was barbecued by Jamal Murray on switches while being sodomized by Nikola Jokic in the post. Absolute peak stanning.
Xiao avoiding this like the Black Plague.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 09:36 PM
Xiao avoiding this like the Black Plague.

Rudy scored in a career high 39 minutes a game he scored a career high 17 a game on 65% with a career playoff high 11 boards and a career high 8 defensive boards going against one of the world's best. I thought this had already been covered? When Mitchell carries the Jazz franchise for 6 years please let me know. The bubble! :lol

Proctor
12-21-2020, 09:45 PM
So your contention is that Gobert made a shitty team a little less shitty.

Congrats, that's the purpose of a "good" player. Sorry, he isn't "great" though. He's the 4th best player on the Jazz right now.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2020, 09:49 PM
So your contention is that Gobert made a shitty team a little less shitty.

Congrats, that's the purpose of a "good" player. Sorry, he isn't "great" though. He's the 4th best player on the Jazz right now.

They haven't be shitty when he's played. They just missed the playoffs with him missing two months and the team trying to tank

RRR3
12-21-2020, 10:07 PM
Rudy scored in a career high 39 minutes a game he scored a career high 17 a game on 65% with a career playoff high 11 boards and a career high 8 defensive boards going against one of the world's best. I thought this had already been covered? When Mitchell carries the Jazz franchise for 6 years please let me know. The bubble! :lol
An I supposed to be impressed by those numbers? He had a BPM of 0.1 :roll: Meanwhile, Mitchell had one of 9.4. You’re also completely ignoring defense where he got abused by Murray and Jokic.

Xiao Yao You
12-22-2020, 12:52 AM
Andy Bailey

@AndrewDBailey
(https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey)
Dec 20 (https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1340681841259368449)

During Rudy Gobert's career, the Utah Jazz are +5.8 PTS per 100 possessions when he's on the floor and -2.7 when he's off. The swing is positive on both ends of the floor.He's top 40 in NBA history in career box plus/minus and No. 1 in TS%.

Tim MacMahon

@espn_macmahon

· Dec 20

Rudy Gobert has agreed to a 5-year, $205M extension with the Jazz, he told ESPN. It’s the biggest contract ever for a big man. Gobert: “It means they believe in me. They believe in what we’ve been building over the years with this whole organization.” https://espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30562881/rudy-gobert-agrees-5-year-205-million-extension-utah-jazz…

Andy Bailey

@AndrewDBailey
Dec 20 (https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1340682984479891456)

During Donovan Mitchell's career, the Jazz are +8.3 PTS per 100 possessions when he shares the floor with Rudy Gobert and -2.3 when he plays without Gobert.

Quote Tweet

Andy Bailey

@AndrewDBailey

· Dec 20

During Rudy Gobert's career, the Utah Jazz are +5.8 PTS per 100 possessions when he's on the floor and -2.7 when he's off. The swing is positive on both ends of the floor.He's top 40 in NBA history in career box plus/minus and No. 1 in TS%. twitter.com/espn_macmahon/…
Show this thread

Andy Bailey

@AndrewDBailey
Dec 20 (https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1340686523688054785)

Utah scores more when Gobert plays. Shockingly, a guy who dunks and lays it in on 1/6 of the team's possessions helps. Roll gravity and OREB create looks too."Rudy is our most important offensive player..." - Dennis Lindsey

AirTupac
12-22-2020, 12:58 AM
Lmao a Spurs fan talking shit to a Jazz fan. Two boring and trash franchises.

Axe
12-22-2020, 01:38 AM
Spurs and jazz both made more postseason appearances than pels tho :confusedshrug:

insidehoops
12-24-2020, 02:34 PM
Always interesting to see how players play once they've locked that huge contract up.

Manny98
12-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Is this the worst contract in NBA history?

40 million a year for Rudy f*cking Gobert :facepalm:roll:

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 03:10 PM
Is this the worst contract in NBA history?

40 million a year for Rudy f*cking Gobert :facepalm:roll:

Looking good so far

Manny98
12-24-2020, 03:17 PM
Looking good so far
Will Rudy ever learn to shoot outside of 5ft?

Proctor
12-24-2020, 03:19 PM
His biggest problem is getting manhandled by Jokic and even Clint Capela in the playoffs. :roll:

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 03:20 PM

Why does he need to? He's the most effective shooter in the league which allows them to shoot 38% on 50 3 attempts. Why fix what isn't broken?

Manny98
12-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Why does he need to? He's the most effective shooter in the league which allows them to shoot 38% on 50 3 attempts. Why fix what isn't broken?

Dunno, maybe Utah could go further than the 1st round if Rudy developed a offensive game :confusedshrug:

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 03:35 PM
His biggest problem is getting manhandled by Jokic and even Clint Capela in the playoffs. :roll:

biggest problem is getting a team around him that is worthy of him

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 03:36 PM
Dunno, maybe Utah could go further than the 1st round if Rudy developed a offensive game :confusedshrug:

One of the most effective offensive players in the game. That's not been their problem.

AlternativeAcc.
12-24-2020, 03:37 PM

Imagine losing in the 1st round when your teammate drops 36ppg on historic efficiency, while you yourself get man handled in your own matchup

Goblet sucks ass

AirTupac
12-24-2020, 03:39 PM
Trash fans and franchises ^^^

Lakers are just here winning.

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Imagine losing in the 1st round when your teammate drops 36ppg on historic efficiency, while you yourself get man handled in your own matchup

Goblet sucks ass

the only all NBA/DPOTY ever to suck ass?

Manny98
12-24-2020, 03:46 PM

He was a non factor the entire series against Denver

Thank god for Mitchell keeping the series close

AlternativeAcc.
12-24-2020, 03:47 PM

Got abused by Jokic and couldn't get past the 1st rnd with his teammate having literally one of the best series in NBA history. 36/5/5 on 70% TS

Gobert is a joke

Those dpoy awards are meaningless when you get shit on by your opposition in the playoffs, on both ends. You understand that right?

Manny98
12-24-2020, 03:48 PM
Mr DPOY getting decimated by Jokic every time they play :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 04:26 PM
He was a non factor the entire series against Denver

Thank god for Mitchell keeping the series close

wouldn't have gone 7 games if that was the case

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 04:26 PM
Got abused by Jokic and couldn't get past the 1st rnd with his teammate having literally one of the best series in NBA history. 36/5/5 on 70% TS

Gobert is a joke

Those dpoy awards are meaningless when you get shit on by your opposition in the playoffs, on both ends. You understand that right?

I understand that there are no playoffs without him

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2020, 04:27 PM
Mr DPOY getting decimated by Jokic every time they play :oldlol:

Everytime they play but the series is pretty much even between them :facepalm

AlternativeAcc.
06-21-2021, 09:47 PM

:roll::roll::roll:

Spurs m8
06-21-2021, 09:52 PM
Wouldn't be top 50

Taurus
06-21-2021, 09:54 PM
I like Gobert more than the average ISH poster, but it's painfully obvious that the Jazz go as far as Mitchell takes them.

Proctor
06-21-2021, 09:58 PM
Batum now! 200mil :facepalm

Thenameless
06-21-2021, 10:19 PM
I like Gobert more than the average ISH poster, but it's painfully obvious that the Jazz go as far as Mitchell takes them.

Gobert and Mitchell will become the current version of Stockton and Malone. A great pair, that can't quite go all the way.

Xiao Yao You
06-21-2021, 11:24 PM

which would be the lottery without Gobert

ImKobe
06-22-2021, 07:25 AM
Gobert is a role player, the only reason he gets as much love as he does is the analytics nerds, but anyone who knows the game sees that he's as flawed as Ben Simmons, and can be exploited just as much in a Playoff series.

06-22-2021, 07:33 AM
Gobert is a role player, the only reason he gets as much love as he does is the analytics nerds, but anyone who knows the game sees that he's as flawed as Ben Simmons, and can be exploited just as much in a Playoff series.
Thats actually a great point if you think about it. Hes just a taller Simmons with 0 handle & 0 passing. Holy shit

ImKobe
06-22-2021, 07:42 AM
Thats actually a great point if you think about it. Hes just a taller Simmons with 0 handle & 0 passing. Holy shit

He's great at setting screens and he can catch lobs and he's decent at scoring off put-backs, but it's hard to build a winning team around him as your 2nd best player with how much money he makes. Not only do you need elite 3&D players around him and Mitchell, but you also need another great ball-handler/scorer, seems like an impossible task to me.

And yes, I do think he's as flawed as Simmons offensively, maybe even more. He can't create his own shot, he can't stretch the floor and he's a below-average FT shooter.

Xiao Yao You
06-22-2021, 08:08 AM
He's great at setting screens and he can catch lobs and he's decent at scoring off put-backs, but it's hard to build a winning team around him as your 2nd best player with how much money he makes. Not only do you need elite 3&D players around him and Mitchell, but you also need another great ball-handler/scorer, seems like an impossible task to me.

And yes, I do think he's as flawed as Simmons offensively, maybe even more. He can't create his own shot, he can't stretch the floor and he's a below-average FT shooter.

another great ball handler/scorer like Conley you mean?

ImKobe
06-22-2021, 08:17 AM
another great ball handler/scorer like Conley you mean?

Conley's damaged goods. Injured 3 out of the last 4 seasons and he's turning 34. Your two best scorers are defensive liabilities and you can't or are not willing to go small when you have to. The 3PT shooting + Mitchell's great individual play might carry you through one of these runs to a potential Finals but this recent loss is alarming. Every team knows your weakness going forward and you have to be able to adjust when they exploit it. If Reggie Jackson can pick your defense apart, what are you going to do against the Warriors/Mavs/Lakers/Clippers next year?

Smoke117
06-22-2021, 08:23 AM
Are you fakkots ever going to stfu about Rudy Gobert? This shit is getting as tiresome as the Jordan/Lebron bullshit.

06-22-2021, 08:34 AM
Are you fakkots ever going to stfu about Rudy Gobert? This shit is getting as tiresome as the Jordan/Lebron bullshit.
Fuсk off retard. Dont like dont click

Xiao Yao You
06-22-2021, 08:44 AM

no they won't

Gohan
06-22-2021, 08:55 AM
Conley's damaged goods. Injured 3 out of the last 4 seasons and he's turning 34. Your two best scorers are defensive liabilities and you can't or are not willing to go small when you have to. The 3PT shooting + Mitchell's great individual play might carry you through one of these runs to a potential Finals but this recent loss is alarming. Every team knows your weakness going forward and you have to be able to adjust when they exploit it. If Reggie Jackson can pick your defense apart, what are you going to do against the Warriors/Mavs/Lakers/Clippers next year?

reggie jsckson can pick almost any defense apart, a true baller

06-22-2021, 09:02 AM
reggie jsckson can pick almost any defense apart, a true baller

Iverson aint shit

Gohan
06-22-2021, 09:05 AM
Iverson aint shit

iverson top 10 player of all time...a true baller... the only player in nba history to beat the 2001 lakers in the playoffs. unfortunately he'll be knocked out soon. when we find out the truth about kobe missing shots on purpose

06-22-2021, 09:10 AM
iverson top 10 player of all time...a true baller... the only player in nba history to beat the 2001 lakers in the playoffs. unfortunately he'll be knocked out soon. when we find out the truth about kobe missing shots on purpose

He aint no top 10 you mofo

AlternativeAcc.
04-22-2022, 09:02 AM
How we looking boys

8Ball
04-22-2022, 09:10 AM
Shaq was right.

Huge waste of money.

BarberSchool
04-22-2022, 09:29 AM
Real talk, does this contract wind up losing the Jazz BOTH Donovan Mitchell, and D Wade as minority owner and player development consultant, prior to 2026 ?

Puter says yes.

Manny98
04-22-2022, 10:26 AM
Imagine paying 200 million to someone who's a liability defensively against 5 out lineups and is useless on offense :roll:

8Ball
04-22-2022, 11:01 AM
Imagine paying 200 million to someone who's a liability defensively against 5 out lineups and is useless on offense :roll:

They gave Shaq all sorts of hate in the NBA world when Shaq clowned that signing, now that 200M contract is as bad as the Westbrook contract :roll:

AlternativeAcc.
04-22-2022, 02:08 PM
They gave Shaq all sorts of hate in the NBA world when Shaq clowned that signing, now that 200M contract is as bad as the Westbrook contract :roll:

Toody is BAD, man.

Xiao Yao You
04-22-2022, 02:45 PM
Real talk, does this contract wind up losing the Jazz BOTH Donovan Mitchell, and D Wade as minority owner and player development consultant, prior to 2026 ?

Puter says yes.

Wade isn't there because of Mitchell. :lol

great player surrounded by mirages

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2022, 03:55 PM
great player surrounded by mirages

:oldlol:

tough reality

r15mohd
04-22-2022, 07:20 PM
Jazz were never going to attract any FA's, their only hope is to sign who shows the potential from their draft picks...they really had little to no choice but to cough up the $$$

Axe
04-22-2022, 08:35 PM
Not even capable of leading the jazz to the conference finals for once :yaohappy: