PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from the UK? Tell us about "Super Covid"

Long Duck Dong
12-20-2020, 09:13 PM
The mutant strain is supposed to be 70% more contagious and it's popping off in Britain right now.

Even Simon is scared of his own countryman atm

https://media.tenor.com/images/3f91ba377531d35274f41d90f416e2e8/tenor.gif

Proctor
12-20-2020, 09:20 PM
@Manny

Manny98
12-20-2020, 09:23 PM
Well we're back in lockdown in England right now :facepalm

Christmas is cancelled, also my education is f*cked right now because I don't know when or if I am going back to college

I don't believe most of the bs on the news, I believe they're using this "new strain" as an excuse to impose more lockdowns and enforce even harsher measures

I am either a literal god because I haven't gotten sick this entire year or I am extremely lucky or this virus is a complete f*cking hoax it has to be one of those things at this point

Axe
12-20-2020, 09:24 PM
Well we're back in lockdown in England right now :facepalm

Christmas is cancelled, also my education is f*cked right now because I don't know when or if I am going back to college

I don't believe most of the bs on the news, I believe they're using this "new strain" as an excuse to impose more lockdowns and enforce even harsher measures
No online classes or anything? :confusedshrug:

Manny98
12-20-2020, 09:31 PM
No online classes or anything? :confusedshrug:

I have online classes but for a certain project I am doing it would be virtually impossible to complete it online.

Stanley Kobrick
12-20-2020, 09:40 PM
just another global scare tactic to keep biden elected until 2024

KennyPowers
12-20-2020, 10:21 PM
Super mario covid is nuts. I'm gonna camp in a tent away from everybody and live on squirrel meat.

bladefd
12-20-2020, 10:28 PM
just another global scare tactic to keep biden elected until 2024

Covid was supposed to stop on November 3rd too after the election :facepalm

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/pzz0Gb8WeUs9IeLhwzG8rMlxaYdv2igGbVESsjqnHQTQyP6uKi lmNNOzmrq6tDtm9MT7qHI0OXpO7l2gchASLljNRMB3-l64mNqGy7Ouw_k9Lo9Z9YbcWunrxnawsOCBXy0QCi4041PhaAE qOwn63Dysq8FBqNYJ5Sw

coin24
12-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Just like the original strain lasted for 2 weeks on a surface, then days, then it didn’t actually..

Keep that fear going!!!

Long Duck Dong
12-20-2020, 11:28 PM
Just like the original strain lasted for 2 weeks on a surface, then days, then it didn’t actually..

Keep that fear going!!!

Weird. I create this topic and I just got a call from the daughter of one of my workers. He's in the hospital. I had him go get tested on Wednesday because he called me and said he could feel a fever coming on.

On Friday morning he said he hadn't got his test results in yet. I meant to check on him tomorrow but his daughter called me and said both her dad and mom tested positive and her dad was in the hospital with a 53% oxygen level. I don't know how serious that is. He's 58, latino, 5'5" around 200lbs so he's a little overweight. :(

Stanley Kobrick
12-20-2020, 11:30 PM
Weird. I create this topic and I just got a call from the daughter of one of my workers. He's in the hospital. I had him go get tested on Wednesday because he called me and said he could feel a fever coming on.

On Friday morning he said he hadn't got his test results in yet. I meant to check on him tomorrow but his daughter called me and said both her dad and mom tested positive and her dad was in the hospital with a 53% oxygen level. I don't know how serious that is. He's 58, latino, 5'5" around 200lbs so he's a little overweight. :(
parents faking and pocketing money under the table to give false positive results to help 2024 Biden and Big Doctor Unions

FourthTenor
12-20-2020, 11:32 PM

It seems like you know a litany of people whove suffered significantly from covid.

I wonder what the odds are of that, given the statistically insignificant rates at which it impacts the general population under 70.

Maybe youre a bad luck charm :biggums:

coin24
12-20-2020, 11:35 PM

What does that have to do with the supposed super strain in England ?

The virus has a 99.9% recovery rate so not sure what you’re getting at

Stanley Kobrick
12-20-2020, 11:35 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/pzz0Gb8WeUs9IeLhwzG8rMlxaYdv2igGbVESsjqnHQTQyP6uKi lmNNOzmrq6tDtm9MT7qHI0OXpO7l2gchASLljNRMB3-l64mNqGy7Ouw_k9Lo9Z9YbcWunrxnawsOCBXy0QCi4041PhaAE qOwn63Dysq8FBqNYJ5Sw
:milton

Long Duck Dong
12-21-2020, 12:00 AM
What does that have to do with the supposed super strain in England ?

The virus has a 99.9% recovery rate so not sure what you’re getting at

I lean to the right on most things but I can't get behind "it's just a bad flu". My whole life, I don't think I've ever known anyone to die of the flu. But in the last few months I've known 2 people who have died of Covid19 both under 45. Not just people I know of, but people I interact with on a regular basis.

It seems like you know a litany of people whove suffered significantly from covid.

I wonder what the odds are of that, given the statistically insignificant rates at which it impacts the general population under 70.

Maybe youre a bad luck charm :biggums:

Maybe. Maybe I'm a super spreader of a particular deadly strain. :confusedshrug:

iamgine
12-21-2020, 01:14 AM
I lean to the right on most things but I can't get behind "it's just a bad flu". My whole life, I don't think I've ever known anyone to die of the flu. But in the last few months I've known 2 people who have died of Covid19 both under 45. Not just people I know of, but people I interact with on a regular basis.

It really is just flu to 99.5% of people. And not even a bad flu, to most it has no symptoms. Feel perfectly healthy.

To the other 0.5%....it's not.

FourthTenor
12-21-2020, 01:24 AM
It really is just flu to 99.5% of people. And not even a bad flu, to most it has no symptoms. Feel perfectly healthy.

To the other 0.5%....it's not.

And meanwhile, 60 year olds with a BMI of 40+ die regularly and often suddenly every year due to all sorts of complications from pneumonia, emphysema, diabetes, etc. Ironically it doesn't normally get reported on because it's SO typical.

That's what people who are old and unhealthy do. They die. Every year.

But in 2020, all of those deaths are called COVID-19, and the everyday folks get scared because of how powerfully the media can spin the narrative and spook the general public with stories of a runaway pandemic.

People are dying in the same overall numbers as they do every year. Society looks no different. Unhealthy people are dying (as usual) and healthy people are living (as usual).

And yet people are freaking out for some reason.

Because the media tells them to.

It's... shocking. Yet at the same time completely unsurprising.

jstern
12-21-2020, 01:28 AM
Interesting. Today I was thinking that maybe I'm some type of lucky charm. Out of the very few people that I've known to have this Chinese Flu, I first hear that they have it and expect bad things, and then it's literally meaningless. Today I found out that this 64 year old woman that I know, overweight, had the Chinese Flu. I'm expecting to hear bad things, but no, she just can't smell. Back in March, one guy, 67 years old, has a heart problem. Gets sick, then suddenly is ok.

I've asked other people and they don't know many who had it. It's rare to find a people who had it, and that's probably because many did and just kept it quiet, because they didn't have any real symptoms to show.

Cleverness
12-21-2020, 10:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EpzwtuvUUAEFcow?format=jpg&name=900x900

ZenMaster
12-21-2020, 11:39 PM

Unfortunately it might be a lot more sinister in nature, we had a thread about the Great Reset on here some weeks back I think.

I feel as if there were conversations here many months ago, with people explaining that viruses start strong and then mutate out into something less deadly that spreads faster. They do so in order to survive.

And while it's not the biggest thing, it's important to note that in the UK they also count covid deaths as anyone who dies and has a positive test within the last 28 days, and they're testing a lot.

n00bie
12-22-2020, 06:12 AM
Unfortunately it might be a lot more sinister in nature, we had a thread about the Great Reset on here some weeks back I think.

I feel as if there were conversations here many months ago, with people explaining that viruses start strong and then mutate out into something less deadly that spreads faster. They do so in order to survive.

And while it's not the biggest thing, it's important to note that in the UK they also count covid deaths as anyone who dies and has a positive test within the last 28 days, and they're testing a lot.

Yep that's usually how viruses work. They mutate into strains that are less deadly so they can survive longer with a host. A dead host = a dead virus.

The longer the host survives, the more chances the virus gets to multiply and spread.

Manny98
12-22-2020, 09:19 AM
Apparently our lockdown might last till Easter

F*ck my life :facepalm

rawimpact
12-22-2020, 09:29 AM
Apparently our lockdown might last till Easter

F*ck my life :facepalm

lol

Nanners
12-23-2020, 05:15 AM
So you're telling me that people are 70% more likely to get a new strain of this virus where a huge percentage of people experience no symptoms whatsoever and there is a survival rate of 99.9%?

coin24
12-23-2020, 05:55 AM
So you're telling me that people are 70% more likely to get a new strain of this virus where a huge percentage of people experience no symptoms whatsoever and there is a survival rate of 99.9%?

OMG. Shut down everything, mandatory masks, everyone live like officer bladed! We can’t overrun the hospitals!!
How will they deal with something that affects basically nobody?:oldlol:

Nanners
12-23-2020, 06:51 AM
OMG. Shut down everything, mandatory masks, everyone live like officer bladed! We can’t overrun the hospitals!!
How will they deal with something that affects basically nobody?:oldlol:

i wonder what happened to those hospital boats? Like that boat that Trump sent to NYC ~9 months ago when Cuomo was melting down about his supposedly overrun hospitals, that boat that got sent home a month after it arrived because the hospitals actually werent overrun...

Cleverness
12-23-2020, 11:54 PM
i wonder what happened to those hospital boats? Like that boat that Trump sent to NYC ~9 months ago when Cuomo was melting down about his supposedly overrun hospitals, that boat that got sent home a month after it arrived because the hospitals actually werent overrun...

All field hospitals torn down, ships sailed out in April, most w/o seeing any patients, never built back up.

As I've asked people on here who try to challenge me (then disappear), why is it that after 9 months and hundreds of billions of dollars to prepare, NONE of those things are around the country?

Answer: because the virus does not hospitalize at the predicted rate of 15-50%, but rather at a rate of less than 1%. Some knew this in March. We all knew this in April. It was undeniable in May.

SATAN
12-24-2020, 10:02 AM
Not many people actually care about your questions anymore given how many times you've been wrong. Most people aren't reading anything you say at all anymore apart from the 4tards.

GrayGoat
12-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Yes keep people inside in close quarters with each other. This will stop the virus lol

Cleverness
12-24-2020, 02:02 PM
Not many people actually care about your questions anymore given how many times you've been wrong. Most people aren't reading anything you say at all anymore apart from the 4tards.

Why is it that after 9 months and hundreds of billions of dollars to prepare, NONE of those things are around the country?