PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn’t this be the year that Curry pulls a 2018 LeBron? (No excuses)

Gus Hemmingway
12-24-2020, 02:51 PM
2018 LeBron in his 15th season at 33 years old took K Love to the Finals

Why can’t a younger Curry do something similar with Dray, Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman (all of which are >> Love)

What am I missing here? :confusedshrug:

Bronbron23
12-24-2020, 02:53 PM
2018 LeBron in his 15th season at 33 years old took K Love to the Finals

Why can’t a younger Curry do something similar with Dray, Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman (all of which are >> Love)

What am I missing here? :confusedshrug:

Nah he's not as good and he's in the west.

8Ball
12-24-2020, 02:54 PM
Jordan in his 15th season was asking Doug Collins if his coach still believed in him after scoring 6 points in a game.

Imagine LeBron in his 15th year asking Lue if Lue still believed in him. :oldlol:

"I'll carry this bum team to the finals myself".

Gus Hemmingway
12-24-2020, 02:54 PM
Nah he's not as good and he's in the west.

LeBron just won a title coming from the West with a K Love type player as his 2nd option

Gus Hemmingway
12-24-2020, 02:55 PM
Jordan in his 15th season was asking Doug Collins if his coach still believed in him after scoring 6 points.

Imagine LeBron in his 15th year asked his coach that question. Lol.

"I'll carry this bum team to the finals myself".

Was that another one of MJs losing seasons without Pip? One of the 5 seasons with a losing record he had?

AlternativeAcc.
12-24-2020, 02:56 PM
Any other star would be expected to win a chip with that supporting cast. Steph isn't even expected to make the ****ing playoffs :oldlol:

Curry is a 4th/5th option caliber player anyways... dray is top dog right now with Wiseman ready to take over.

I genuinely don't even consider him top 300 all time. He's the biggest fluke in nba history

Dray and klay otoh are all time greats.

Bronbron23
12-24-2020, 03:07 PM
LeBron just won a title coming from the West with a K Love type player as his 2nd option

First off no he didn't lol. Second its not even arguable. If bron was in the west his whole career with the exact same teams he'd only make the finals 4 times. This isn't even debatable

Stanley Kobrick
12-24-2020, 03:16 PM
stephen curry can't carry an average team to contention. he's a system player, and that system was 3-4 HOF teammates and overwhelmingly talented 2nd unit

OrlandoMagicGuy
12-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Can Steph do what A.I. did in 2001?

Carbine
12-24-2020, 03:42 PM
So many irresponsible posts in this short thread.

LeBron carried AD, who was a Klove type second option? What in the actual F

Curry a 4th-5th option... My god. You people gotta stop that. It's not funny or entertaining or anything besides being stupid.

Anyways, the adult answer to this question is it shouldn't surprise anyone. When they faced off in all those finals it was clear as day that LeBron was a clear tier above Curry as a player.

Curry is not a transcendent player when it comes to rising a teams floor. He is a transcendent player in fitting with and ultimately making a good team great because of his ability to be a huge threat without pounding the rock into the ground and play off ball while being the greatest floor spacer of all time. And his unselfish nature.

LeBron makes bad teams better than anyone ever. Not being as good as him in this regard isn't a knock.

Bronbron23
12-24-2020, 03:49 PM
So many irresponsible posts in this short thread.

LeBron carried AD, who was a Klove type second option? What in the actual F

Curry a 4th-5th option... My god. You people gotta stop that. It's not funny or entertaining or anything besides being stupid.

Anyways, the adult answer to this question is it shouldn't surprise anyone. When they faced off in all those finals it was clear as day that LeBron was a clear tier above Curry as a player.

Curry is not a transcendent player when it comes to rising a teams floor. He is a transcendent player in fitting with and ultimately making a good team great because of his ability to be a huge threat without pounding the rock into the ground and play off ball while being the greatest floor spacer of all time. And his unselfish nature.

LeBron makes bad teams better than anyone ever. Not being as good as him in this regard isn't a knock.

Good post. There's hope for this place yet.

Kings2024Champs
12-24-2020, 03:53 PM
Wasnt for kelly olynyk doing bjj on K Love and KD coming to Golden State, curry would have zero rings and ppl would calling him overrated nonstop on twitter

Stephonit
12-24-2020, 04:01 PM
News of Curry's demise is premature. But that is to be expected from those prone to hyperventilating on this board. I saw other things in that first game that may lead to many here regretting their early celebrations later in the season. We shall see.

Kiddlovesnets
12-24-2020, 04:02 PM
What Lebron did in 2018 was nothing special though, there was no justification for being swept by that Warriors team which struggled in Western Conference Playoffs. He would've been heroic if he managed 2-3 wins against the opponents, but following the sweep I just had to consider that Durant and Harden were better players in 2017-2018 season than Lebron.

Bronbron23
12-24-2020, 04:04 PM
Wasnt for kelly olynyk doing bjj on K Love and KD coming to Golden State, curry would have zero rings and ppl would calling him overrated nonstop on twitter

Yeah there's a very good chance. This is why I've always said the warriors weren't an all time great team before KD. What did they do? They had one asterisk chip followed by an epic meltown. The 73 record was nice but without the chip it dosnt mean much. I'm sorry but one asterisk chil and a epic meltdown dosnt put you up there with birds Celtics, magics lakers, mj's bulls, shaq and kobe lakers and Duncan's spurs.

Stephonit
12-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Yeah there's a very good chance. This is why I've always said the warriors weren't an all time great team before KD. What did they do? They had one asterisk chip followed by an epic meltown. The 73 record was nice but without the chip it dosnt mean much. I'm sorry but one asterisk chil and a epic meltdown dosnt put you up there with birds Celtics, magics lakers, mj's bulls, shaq and kobe lakers and Duncan's spurs.

2015 Warriors preseason championship odds: +2800. Go ahead and find a team that won at longer preseason odds.

67-win season. How many teams in history won that many games and a championship?

Curry faced every other First Team All-NBA selection aside from himself and eliminated them in the playoffs. Please inform me of anyone else that did that.

Kings2024Champs
12-24-2020, 04:08 PM

I agree. Ppl putting him alltime top 3 PGs was blasphemous. Still time to get there I guess but hes starting to get up there in age

Bronbron23
12-24-2020, 04:10 PM
2015 Warriors preseason championship odds: +2800. Go ahead and find a team that won at longer preseason odds.

67-win season. How many teams in history won that many games and a championship?

Yeah they were very good even great just not all time great. They most likely lose if cavs are healthy. It's still a chip though so you have to give them credit i just dont give them as much credit as others who say they were a dynasty or a goat team.

Gus Hemmingway
12-24-2020, 04:17 PM

Curry faced every other First Team All-NBA selection aside from himself and eliminated them in the playoffs. Please inform me of anyone else that did that.

He didn’t even get a FMVP vote and got outplayed by Delly

Stop it

Stephonit
12-24-2020, 04:20 PM
He didn’t even get a FMVP vote and got outplayed by Delly

Stop it

Actually according to an inside story he did get some FMVP votes—not that those things matter. Delly found himself on intravenous fluids and still lost. If that is outplaying Curry I don't think it matters either.

Kings2024Champs
12-24-2020, 04:23 PM
Actually according to an inside story he did get some FMVP votes—not that those things matter. Delly found himself on intravenous fluids and still lost. If that is outplaying Curry I don't think it matters either.

In a dogfight with delly?? Uh oh, looking back we shouldve known :(

RRR3
12-24-2020, 04:23 PM
He literally got zero votes :roll:

Steph is absolutely helpless without a stacked supporting cast. We’ve seen it time and time again. He’s basically Dana Barros without Klay and Dray.

Kings2024Champs
12-24-2020, 04:26 PM
He literally got zero votes :roll:

Steph is absolutely helpless without a stacked supporting cast. We’ve seen it time and time again. He’s basically Dana Barros without Klay and Dray.

15 they had a bench too.. deck was stacked with depleted cavs and he was in a war to outplay matthew

Stephonit
12-24-2020, 04:47 PM
2015 Warriors preseason championship odds: +2800
2015 Cavaliers preseason championship odds: +275

The team the 2015 Warriors faced in the finals was a Cavaliers team that swept the Eastern Conference Finals.

But let's all sweep under the rug the teams that lost with the inferior player and pretend they were terrible.

Gus Hemmingway
12-24-2020, 05:09 PM
2015 Warriors preseason championship odds: +2800
2015 Cavaliers preseason championship odds: +275

The team the 2015 Warriors faced in the finals was a Cavaliers team that swept the Eastern Conference Finals.

But let's all sweep under the rug the teams that lost with the inferior player and pretend they were terrible.

The odds didn’t take into account they would dodge OKC due to Durant’s injury that year and would face a depleted Cavs team without 2 of their 3 best players

Any Top 20 player in the league would replicate what Curry did that year due to circumstances

Kings2024Champs
12-24-2020, 05:12 PM
Btw how did vegas betting come into this thread??

Stephonit
12-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Btw how did vegas betting come into this thread??

It's about as objective an opinion as you're going to get that serves as a snapshot of expectations at a given time.

By the way

2018 Cavaliers preseason championship odds: +515
2021 Warriors preseason championship odds: +3000

kawhileonard2
12-24-2020, 11:55 PM
Lebron lost to Dwight Howard a career loser while having HCA and Carlos Arroyo in the Olympics bringing home bronze.

trada7029
12-25-2020, 12:59 AM
It's about as objective an opinion as you're going to get that serves as a snapshot of expectations at a given time.

By the way

2018 Cavaliers preseason championship odds: +515
2021 Warriors preseason championship odds: +3000

Furthermore, the Warriors have historically played in a conference that requires a super-team to win it, while the Cavs played in a conference that 1-star teams routinely won in 01', 02', 03', 07', 09', 19' and 20' - only lebron's super-teams from 11-17' interrupted a trend of 1-star teams winning the East

Axe
12-25-2020, 04:03 AM
He literally needs the best help he can get to be relevant

Baller789
12-25-2020, 05:47 AM
He literally needs the best help he can get to be relevant

How do you know that?

LAL
12-25-2020, 10:51 AM
How cute. Traded these guys for tailor made, great roleplayers to pad assists.
Klove and Ghill saved his ass in G7 vs the mighty pacers too. Pulled a what?

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZerZjVWix6BCX2IZoyuZlza2Q-A=/1400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11506101/Screen_Shot_2018_06_09_at_1.51.48_AM.png

Gus Hemmingway
12-25-2020, 01:25 PM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZerZjVWix6BCX2IZoyuZlza2Q-A=/1400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11506101/Screen_Shot_2018_06_09_at_1.51.48_AM.png

Lol, half of those scrubs aren’t even in the league anymore

Gus Hemmingway
12-26-2020, 12:53 PM
???

Axe
12-26-2020, 07:30 PM

Still made it to the finals for the eighth time in a row

3ball
12-27-2020, 12:44 AM
Still made it to the finals for the eighth time in a row

That's what stacking the deck does

You guys are dense as hell

Gus Hemmingway
01-04-2021, 12:02 AM
No excuses....