PDA

View Full Version : Who makes 2021 Hall of Fame (NBA Players only)

L.Kizzle
12-24-2020, 03:25 PM
They've released the nominees for the 2021 Basketball Hall of Fame.

First timers
Paul Pierce
Doug Collins
Michael Cooper

Returning
Chris Webber
Chris Bosh
Ben Wallace
Chauncey Billups
Richard Hamilton
Tim Hardaway
Marques Johnson
Michael Finley
Mark Jackson
Shawn Marion
Mark Eaton
Buck Williams
Muggsy Bouges
Marcus Camby

----------

There's also a veterans committee with players pre ABA/NBA merger. Lou Hudson and Bob Dandridge are on this list. I'm not listing those players.

----------

Pierce and Bosh will get in.

How did Cooper make the ballot? I actually thought it was for his WNBA coaching career but it's for his playing career. Him getting in opens the door for Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry and Steve Kerr.

Chris Webber should have been in. As should have Tim Hardaway.

I have a feeling two of the Pistons will get in. (I'd only put in Big Ben.)

theballerFKA Ace
12-24-2020, 03:42 PM
Paul Pierce and Webber for sure. Then Big Ben.

RRR3
12-24-2020, 03:54 PM
Pierce
Webber
Bosh
Ben Wallace
Chauncey
Tim Hardaway

Euroleague
12-24-2020, 04:00 PM
Alphonso Ford and Toni Kukoc are also on the nominees list.

L.Kizzle
12-24-2020, 04:30 PM
Alphonso Ford and Toni Kukoc are also on the nominees list.
Toni is a lock for international play. He's under a different category.

dankok8
12-24-2020, 04:56 PM
From that list I'm confident that Pierce, Webber, Bosh, Tim Hardaway, Billups and Ben will be HOFers at some point. As for others it's not guaranteed at all IMO.

Euroleague
12-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Toni is a lock for international play. He's under a different category.

He's not a lock. Some players and coaches on that list had better careers overall than he did. He's just the one with biggest name in USA. He's actually been on the nominees list for quite a long time now.

I'm guessing he gets in, because he's made a bunch of complaints about it so far in the media. But no way is he a lock.

L.Kizzle
12-25-2020, 12:42 PM
He's not a lock. Some players and coaches on that list had better careers overall than he did. He's just the one with biggest name in USA. He's actually been on the nominees list for quite a long time now.

I'm guessing he gets in, because he's made a bunch of complaints about it so far in the media. But no way is he a lock.

Were Vlade and Dino better international players then him?

Charlie Sheen
12-25-2020, 12:45 PM
I wonder if Pierce is going to be remembered like worthy as a player who benefited largely from circumstance. He wasn't ever really considered better than his peers like Vince until he grabbed that FMVP.

L.Kizzle
12-25-2020, 03:11 PM
I wonder if Pierce is going to be remembered like worthy as a player who benefited largely from circumstance. He wasn't ever really considered better than his peers like Vince until he grabbed that FMVP.

Pierce was borderline top 10 before the Big 3 team up. We don't know how good JW would have been on his own. We know what PP could do.