PDA

View Full Version : Is Steph Curry really alot better then Trae Young?

TAZORAC
12-26-2020, 10:39 PM
Curry is a good player, but without the loaded team (as I've stated in the past) he can't carry them to the playoffs. So let me just cut to the chase, Curry is a slightly (could change this year) better version of Trae Young, if you switched the 2, their wouldn't be much difference on their teams.

Who agrees with me in that Steph Curry is only slightly better then Trae Young?

PS: GSW is going to be he worse team in the NBA again.

Bronbron23
12-26-2020, 10:58 PM
Curry is a good player, but without the loaded team (as I've stated in the past) he can't carry them to the playoffs. So let me just cut to the chase, Curry is a slightly (could change this year) better version of Trae Young, if you switched the 2, their wouldn't be much difference on their teams.

Who agrees with me in that Steph Curry is only slightly better then Trae Young?

PS: GSW is going to be he worse team in the NBA again.

Had this argument with one of steph stans the other day. Steph is only better in name and resume. As far as right now impact and skill wise trae is definitely as good or better. He's as good of a scorer but a better passer. Both are bad defenders.

dirkdiggler41
12-26-2020, 11:34 PM
They got a different kind of game, so it is hard to compare imo. Curry is more of a pure shooter and Trae is a shot creator for himself and others. He is what Steve Nash would have been if he looked for his shot. What makes Stephen Curry is dangerous is his efficiency, while Young is the polar opposite. He got a low efficiency. With that being said, I agree that Curry is only slightly better, but that is because Trae Young is an incredible talent that is just an extreme shot creator. Might end being considered one of the best guards of all time if he gets a good team around him and he is able to become efficient.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 01:38 AM
They got a different kind of game, so it is hard to compare imo. Curry is more of a pure shooter and Trae is a shot creator for himself and others. He is what Steve Nash would have been if he looked for his shot. What makes Stephen Curry is dangerous is his efficiency, while Young is the polar opposite. He got a low efficiency. With that being said, I agree that Curry is only slightly better, but that is because Trae Young is an incredible talent that is just an extreme shot creator. Might end being considered one of the best guards of all time if he gets a good team around him and he is able to become efficient.

I wouldn't argue anyone saying steph is better. I disagree but steph has put in enough work to get the benefit of the dought. The people on here acting like it ain't close are nuts though.

r0drig0lac
12-27-2020, 01:51 AM
Trae > Luka as basketball player

SATAN
12-27-2020, 01:57 AM
Mark Price>>Curry

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 02:00 AM
Mark Price>>Curry

Nope but trae might be

bison
12-27-2020, 02:16 AM
Trae > Luka as basketball player

The trae Luka debate is definitely getting a new life.

StrongLurk
12-27-2020, 10:40 AM
Whats up with everyone turning on Steph? No one can take away what he did 2013-2019. I am high on Trae, but Steph is clearly not back to his old self yet. Trae isn't worthy yet of being ranked over Curry unless Curry plays bad this whole year...let's wait a bit.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 10:54 AM
Whats up with everyone turning on Steph? No one can take away what he did 2013-2019. I am high on Trae, but Steph is clearly not back to his old self yet. Trae isn't worthy yet of being ranked over Curry unless Curry plays bad this whole year...let's wait a bit.

That's the thing though I'm not sure steph will ever be back to his old self for a few reasons. For one he's 32. Dosn't seem old but it's when most players start to decline a little.

Second, when Steph was his old self he had klay and dray in their prime. Steph stans won't acknowledge this but it was always the 3 of them that made them special. Not just steph. Steph without klay or dray was never dominant. The kdless warriors have a losing record wirhout klay and a winning one without steph. Now klay is older and injury riddled and dray has seem to decline since his 2015-2018 prime.

Lastly, teams have caught up and know how to defend the warriors now. They use a shit ton of screens to free up their shooters and/or get a switch so steph can attack the other teams slower big. To adjust to this teams have traded in their slower bigs for more mobile smaller fowards who can defend smaller gaurds like steph better. They also have more defenders that can defend multiple positions so they just switch everything on screens instead of trying to run around screens which is impossible or doubling the ball or screener which just leaves someone wide open for a good look.

For these reasons steph will never be back to his old self.

FireDavidKahn
12-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Stephanie has regressed so much

She isn't built nor has the skills as a Thicc bull like lebron

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2020, 11:37 AM
Young could be better than Curry right bow because Curry may not be the same due to injury and rust, tho I would give him some time to get back to normal. Young is not however better than what we saw from peak Curry. Peak Curry had Jordan-level offensive impact.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 11:42 AM
Young could be better than Curry right bow because Curry may not be the same due to injury and rust, tho I would give him some time to get back to normal. Young is not however better than what we saw from peak Curry. Peak Curry had Jordan-level offensive impact.

Curry did not have mj level offensive impact. Mj did that shit when it most mattered too.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2020, 11:51 AM
Curry did not have mj level offensive impact. Mj did that shit when it most mattered too.

The best Steph averaged 30 on 50% along with 6 assists in 34 minutes per. And as far as "when it mattered" Curry has 3 postseason where he averaged 28 points.

Kingwillball
12-27-2020, 12:22 PM
It’s funny how nobody even comes close to mentioning steph as best player in the world anymore those couple great years he had he wasn’t either cause he was surrounded by great players so he looked even better then he was because he is a great shooter. With that said another example that shows why Lebron is heads and shoulders better then any of his peers over the last decade at least.

Stephonit
12-27-2020, 12:31 PM
It’s funny how nobody even comes close to mentioning steph as best player in the world anymore those couple great years he had he wasn’t either cause he was surrounded by great players so he looked even better then he was because he is a great shooter. With that said another example that shows why Lebron is heads and shoulders better then any of his peers over the last decade at least.

Stephen Curry is the best player in the world.

I guess that proves the rest of your comment is rubbish.

RRR3
12-27-2020, 01:02 PM
Stephen Curry is the best player in the world.

I guess that proves the rest of your comment is rubbish.
:roll: :roll:

Surely he’ll lead his team to a respectable record then.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 01:05 PM
The best Steph averaged 30 on 50% along with 6 assists in 34 minutes per. And as far as "when it mattered" Curry has 3 postseason where he averaged 28 points.

Finals?

warriorfan
12-27-2020, 01:12 PM
Finals?

https://i.postimg.cc/90WB0ZW3/656-FCF66-1-E45-4-A69-A702-C394-CAA961-A2.jpg

:roll:

Stop posting.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 01:20 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/90WB0ZW3/656-FCF66-1-E45-4-A69-A702-C394-CAA961-A2.jpg

:roll:

Stop posting.

And where is mj dummy? The argument wasn't that he's not great. It was that he's not on MJ's level. Mj was clearly a better scorer in the finals scoring 7 more points a game on better efficiency.

But i should stop posting:facepalm

Stephonit
12-27-2020, 02:11 PM
And where is mj dummy? The argument wasn't that he's not great. It was that he's not on MJ's level. Mj was clearly a better scorer in the finals scoring 7 more points a game on better efficiency.

But i should stop posting:facepalm

Where are MJ's opponents on the list?

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Where are MJ's opponents on the list?

I don't know where are mj's teammates on the list? Where are brons?

tpols
12-27-2020, 03:02 PM
Klay and Dray aren't "loaded" help historically. He won 73 and a ring with that. The current help is just a total joke, but that's another topic. As far as trae goes, it seems he's really ****ing good. I haven't watched enough of him to know if he has the off ball acumen of chef. I also don't know if he's as good a defender since a lot of people have talked bad about his defense. But if he covers both those bases and produces like a UMVP then that's exactly what he will be.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2020, 03:13 PM
Finals?

So he averages 26 over 4 Finals to go along with three postseasons over 28 and a season where he hit an MJ level of offensive production at 30 ppg over 50% in 34 minutes per. That season Stateline is actually outrageously dominant and if you can't appreciate it I really don't see how I can illuminate things further for you. He was certainly not Jordan's equal overall but just talking offense? He definitely earned those MVPs.

HBK_Kliq_2
12-27-2020, 03:16 PM
At this point in their careers? I don't see any argument for Curry right now. Post 2019 finals Curry isn't even a top 15 player in the league. Time will tell I guess but I don't see Curry magically turning on the switch because Draymond Green returned.

I don't see Trae ever reaching Curry's peak 2015/16 level though. What is Curry today? He kind of sucks and is hopeless but lets see a bigger sample size.

tpols
12-27-2020, 03:33 PM
At this point in their careers? I don't see any argument for Curry right now. Post 2019 finals Curry isn't even a top 15 player in the league. Time will tell I guess but I don't see Curry magically turning on the switch because Draymond Green returned.

I don't see Trae ever reaching Curry's peak 2015/16 level though. What is Curry today? He kind of sucks and is hopeless but lets see a bigger sample size.

Just because Curry isn't a crazy floor raiser shouldn't have you discounting his value. Kawhi wouldn't win shit with this cast of stumble bums either... an outcast collection of misfit players. And a rookie who may end up being good but shit... Kawhi would be an 8 seed tops with the current warriors.

Floor players like Westbrook and John Wall work better for teams like this but the caveat is their ball dominance destroys great teams. I'd much rather have a fella that when surrounded with adequate help can produce dynasty results than a guy who can make a shit team decent, but sabotage the results for any great team.

Steph Curry is the greatest "ceiling" player of all time.

r0drig0lac
12-27-2020, 04:23 PM
Steph Curry is the greatest "ceiling" player of all time.what other players have already been in the same situation to make that kind of statement? just to name two: Bill Russell and Magic Johnson made their teams more dominant and for the longest time being clearly the best player on that team, during Warriors dominance period(15-19), Durant was the best player of the team.

Stephonit
12-27-2020, 04:41 PM
what other players have already been in the same situation to make that kind of statement? just to name two: Bill Russell and Magic Johnson made their teams more dominant and for the longest time being clearly the best player on that team, during Warriors dominance period(15-19), Durant was the best player of the team.

Funny you'd pick those two for comparison. What made Russell or Johnson clearly the best player on their respective teams? Not the kind of stuff one would use to argue Durant over Curry at any rate.

r0drig0lac
12-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Funny you'd pick those two for comparison. What made Russell or Johnson clearly the best player on their respective teams? Not the kind of stuff one would use to argue Durant over Curry at any rate.logic, like Durant over Curry

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 05:37 PM
So he averages 26 over 4 Finals to go along with three postseasons over 28 and a season where he hit an MJ level of offensive production at 30 ppg over 50% in 34 minutes per. That season Stateline is actually outrageously dominant and if you can't appreciate it I really don't see how I can illuminate things further for you. He was certainly not Jordan's equal overall but just talking offense? He definitely earned those MVPs.

i agree but again that wasn't the argument. He absolutely deserved the mvp and he was definitely still great in the post season and the finals. My finals question was to the guy who said curry was equal to mj offensively. Saying he isn't mj isn't saying he sucks. He was obviously very good.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 05:40 PM

Good post. My argument for trae as equal or better than steph isn't overall. Steph has done way more and is obviously the better player all time. Right now though as we speak trae is definitely as good or better than steph as far as impact and skill.

Stephonit
12-27-2020, 05:42 PM
logic, like Durant over Curry

Logic? What logic? What does Russell have over Heinsohn or Sam Jones? Or Magic over Kareem? Then you're going to say Durant over Curry?

SATAN
12-27-2020, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7IwLX7Z9Tk

Not bad.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2020, 05:54 PM
i agree but again that wasn't the argument. He absolutely deserved the mvp and he was definitely still great in the post season and the finals. My finals question was to the guy who said curry was equal to mj offensively. Saying he isn't mj isn't saying he sucks. He was obviously very good.I was that guy.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 05:56 PM
Logic? What logic? What does Russell have over Heinsohn or Sam Jones? Or Magic over Kareem? Then you're going to say Durant over Curry?

Don't know about those guys but durant obviously has some clear advantages over curry. The obvious one is defense which is kind of half the game. He's also better in iso situations. Steph needs screens to be dominant and efficient. Kd can just rise up on anyone. You could post some iso stats that would say otherwise but most of curry's iso points comes off of switches when he gets a mismatch on a big. This is one of the reasons why he struggled against cavs in the finals. That didn't work because tristin Thompson moves his feet good enough to where steph couldn't take advantage of him like he could teams with true slower bigs. Cavs also switched everything so curry and klay weren't getting the looka the usually do off of screens because most teams either double or try to run around the screens which dosn't work against the warriors.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 05:58 PM
I was that guy.

Lol ok well i disagree but it didn't mean steph isn't still an all time great. He's just not on MJ's level.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7IwLX7Z9Tk

Not bad.

Yeah pretty sick but it's alot easier with no defense and finals pressure.

SATAN
12-27-2020, 06:08 PM
Yeah pretty sick but it's alot easier with no defense and finals pressure.

No shit.

Stephonit
12-27-2020, 06:12 PM
Don't know about those guys but durant obviously has some clear advantages over curry. The obvious one is defense which is kind of half the game. He's also better in iso situations. Steph needs screens to be dominant and efficient. Kd can just rise up on anyone. You could post some iso stats that would say otherwise but most of curry's iso points comes off of switches when he gets a mismatch on a big. This is one of the reasons why he struggled against cavs in the finals. That didn't work because tristin Thompson moves his feet good enough to where steph couldn't take advantage of him like he could teams with true slower bigs. Cavs also switched everything so curry and klay weren't getting the looka the usually do off of screens because most teams either double or try to run around the screens which dosn't work against the warriors.

Curry can pass and is better off the ball. As good as Durant is Curry is also a potentially more dangerous scorer—something that would have been made clear if you paid attention to the Warriors-Thunder series.

https://i.imgflip.com/3yopd2.gif

Curry also has more impact.

https://i.ibb.co/rsdWtCs/qnkZjsH.jpg

We saw the Warriors with one and not the other. It was obvious who was the driving force behind their historic run.

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 06:37 PM
Curry can pass and is better off the ball. As good as Durant is Curry is also a potentially more dangerous scorer—something that would have been made clear if you paid attention to the Warriors-Thunder series.

https://i.imgflip.com/3yopd2.gif

Curry also has more impact.

https://i.ibb.co/rsdWtCs/qnkZjsH.jpg

We saw the Warriors with one and not the other. It was obvious who was the driving force behind their historic run.

Yeah curry is a better passer but overall as a pg he's pretty mediocre in that area. He's extremely loose with the ball and has had some pretty costly turnovers. Kerr has spoke on this as well as curry. And yeah the warriors were better with curry and no kd vs kd without curry but the problem was that wasnt the case come finals time. That's why they went out and got kd. His own team knew this and it was because steph couldn't dominate in the finals like he could the reg season. He couldn't just go get a bucket against the cavs defense like kd could. That's something we also saw which is something i guess you just choose to ignore.

And i could say the same about the pre kd warriors. We saw klay without steph and steph without klay and the warriors were much better with steph out vs klay. So based on your logic klay was the driving force of the 2015-16 warriors? Can't have it both ways buddy.

Stephonit
12-27-2020, 06:47 PM
Yeah curry is a better passer but overall as a pg he's pretty mediocre in that area. He's extremely loose with the ball and has had some pretty costly turnovers. Kerr has spoke on this as well as curry. And yeah the warriors were better with curry and no kd vs kd without curry but the problem was that wasnt the case come finals time. That's why they went out and got kd. His own team knew this and it was because steph couldn't dominate in the finals like he could the reg season. He couldn't just go get a bucket against the cavs defense like kd could. That's something we also saw which is something i guess you just choose to ignore.

And i could say the same about the pre kd warriors. We saw klay without steph and steph without klay and the warriors were much better with steph out vs klay. So based on your logic klay was the driving force of the 2015-16 warriors? Can't have it both ways buddy.

Much good getting a bucket whenever did for the Thunder or for the Warriors for that matter when KD was in the driver's seat against the Rockets.

And I can claim it both ways. Pre-KD Warriors:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/morris-feature-allstar-2.png?w=575

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 06:53 PM
Much good getting a bucket whenever did for the Thunder or for the Warriors for that matter when KD was in the driver's seat against the Rockets.

And I can claim it both ways. Pre-KD Warriors:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/morris-feature-allstar-2.png?w=575

Nope. The pre kd warriors had a losing record without klay and a winning one including post season without steph. Facts

warriorfan
12-27-2020, 06:59 PM
Nope. The pre kd warriors had a losing record without klay and a winning one including post season without steph. Facts

There is mountains of evidence proving Curry was the most impactful player on those Warrior teams.

You are f ucking stupid. Stop posting.

3ball
12-27-2020, 07:02 PM
Curry was a luckbox that happened upon the current league strategy back in 2015

So he was simply ahead of the curve strategically, but their actual talent wasn't high - draymond is aids and klay is reggie miller (vastly inferior imo)

Even with klay averaging 26 ppg (his best Finals ever), Curry was no match for Kawhi

Now that the entire league uses the Warriors' strategy, curry looks pedestrian.. lots of guys are superior

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 07:16 PM
There is mountains of evidence proving Curry was the most impactful player on those Warrior teams.

You are f ucking stupid. Stop posting.

But there isn't. Your just talking shit. The only evidence we have are the games where steph missed and klay missed and in these games the warriors were much better whith klay and no steph then steph and no klay. There is no other evidence dude stop lying.

Stanley Kobrick
12-27-2020, 07:18 PM
i can name a dozen of rookie/soph that were better than stephen curry at the same age until he was 26-27. stephen curry shine didn't come to fruition until his team was deep in talken (4 Warriors on 2016 Team USA)

3ball
12-27-2020, 07:36 PM
i can name a dozen of rookie/soph that were better than stephen curry at the same age until he was 26-27. stephen curry shine didn't come to fruition until his team was deep in talken (4 Warriors on 2016 Team USA)

Curry was a 19 ppg player for 3 straight years at lower 3-point volume until the league format changed to a 3-point contest - then his 3-point volume increased significantly along with his scoring

So I think Trae is superior because he's a better pure scorer and 2-point shotmaker that would fare better in prior eras taking less threes

Bronbron23
12-27-2020, 08:16 PM

Yup and that's great but it's not on MJ's level. Mj 's averages and percentages in the finals are significantly higher. His best is also much higher than steph's best. More than 10 points higher per game to be exact.

And that's with him being elite on the other end. Not sure if you played competitively or not but scoring 30 on goid efficiency is way harder when your going beast mode on the defensive end.

ArbitraryWater
12-27-2020, 11:27 PM
Curry is a Legend.

So many idiots here.

Bronbron23
12-28-2020, 01:47 PM
Curry is a Legend.

So many idiots here.

Yup he's definitely a legend but that's not the argument. I know it's tough for yall bron stans but try to keep up buddy

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Yup he's definitely a legend but that's not the argument. I know it's tough for yall bron stans but try to keep up buddy

this is the extent of your bball analysis:

Had this argument with one of steph stans the other day. Steph is only better in name and resume. As far as right now impact and skill wise trae is definitely as good or better. He's as good of a scorer but a better passer. Both are bad defenders.

warriorfan
12-28-2020, 01:50 PM

BronBron23iq

Axe
12-28-2020, 10:10 PM
Meh

Stanley Kobrick
12-28-2020, 11:44 PM
Curry was a 19 ppg player for 3 straight years at lower 3-point volume until the league format changed to a 3-point contest - then his 3-point volume increased significantly along with his scoring

So I think Trae is superior because he's a better pure scorer and 2-point shotmaker that would fare better in prior eras taking less threesvery interesting

CTbasketball92
12-29-2020, 02:18 PM
It feels dumb to say and I won't draw any conclusions from less than 15 games. BUT Steph's lack of athleticism and his passing inferiority to Trae Young makes this interesting to me. If you just a roll a ball out onto the court in a vacuum in any team situation, I'm not sure how well Steph would do. Steph has never had great burst off the dribble and he's kind of below average for an NBA guard in terms of explosion. He's got a good handle but he isn't great at breaking traps and exploding into the lane. He can't get easy buckets and he's not a great ISO player against good defenders (he needs a switch). Even though Trae is smaller, he's *much* faster, and that lets him create his own shot much more easily, and he's able to get by people and get to the free throw line when his shot isn't falling. Trae can go like 2/9 from three but still put up 35 points because he'll get to the line 12-13 times if he needs to. He's also a much sharper passer, and he can blow by people for layups more easily. Steph doesn't have any of those things to fall back on and that's what makes me think Trae will end up a better player if he isn't already. Frankly, with the way Steph has looked since last season and this season—without All-NBA/All-Stars at his side—I'm questioning how truly good he ever was in a vacuum. Like how could I have ever thought he was better than Harden? Harden can drop 40 on anybody no matter what, but Steph looks like a Kyle Korver that dribbles. No dynamism, nothing.

Bronbron23
12-29-2020, 03:20 PM

Ok. So whats the problem with this statement? Trae is as good or very close as a scorer but he's a better passer. Both are suspect defensively. What's so hard to understand?

tontoz
12-29-2020, 05:20 PM
Curry's on/off numbers

13/14 +14.7 http://www.82games.com/1314/13GSW1.HTM#onoff
14/15 +18 http://www.82games.com/1415/14GSW1.HTM#onoff
15/16 +22 http://www.82games.com/1516/15GSW1.HTM#onoff
16/17 +17 http://www.82games.com/1617/16GSW1.HTM#onoff

Trae's on/off

19/20 +7.9 http://www.82games.com/1920/19ATL1.HTM#onoff

Trae has his work cut out to match what Curry did. His game is very different from Steph. He needs to ball to be effective. Off the ball he is just a spot up shooter. He doesn't move without the ball.

Curry is an elite off the ball player. He is the only guy i have ever seen get double teamed repeatedly without the ball.

This is just Trae's 3rd season. I think we need some time before we can compare him to a 2 time MVP. My impression is that he is too ball dominant and too weak on D to get to Curry's level, but i cant say that for sure until a few more seasons pass.

Thenameless
12-29-2020, 05:33 PM
I never thought I'd live to see a better shooter than Larry Bird. Steph Curry might be that guy. He's won three Championships as the heart and soul of his team.

Trae Young has a ways to go before he gets there. Don't get too enamored with "who's hot at the moment". It takes a lot more than that to put a string of championships together. Yes, the ones with Durant were easy, but they did get it done in 2015 before he came along. 2019 just shows that a little bad luck can kill even a dynasty team.

Bronbron23
12-29-2020, 05:44 PM
Curry's on/off numbers

13/14 +14.7 http://www.82games.com/1314/13GSW1.HTM#onoff
14/15 +18 http://www.82games.com/1415/14GSW1.HTM#onoff
15/16 +22 http://www.82games.com/1516/15GSW1.HTM#onoff
16/17 +17 http://www.82games.com/1617/16GSW1.HTM#onoff

Trae's on/off

19/20 +7.9 http://www.82games.com/1920/19ATL1.HTM#onoff

Trae has his work cut out to match what Curry did. His game is very different from Steph. He needs to ball to be effective. Off the ball he is just a spot up shooter. He doesn't move without the ball.

Curry is an elite off the ball player. He is the only guy i have ever seen get double teamed repeatedly without the ball.

This is just Trae's 3rd season. I think we need some time before we can compare him to a 2 time MVP. My impression is that he is too ball dominant and too weak on D to get to Curry's level, but i cant say that for sure until a few more seasons pass.

For sure. When it comes to careers and who's the best player all time it's steph easily. We're talking right now though. Forget the past, is trae as good as steph?

I don't wanna hear about 2,3,4 years ago. Steph isn't the same player and he dosn't have klay next to him who helped him achieve some of those numbers. The league and teams have also adjusted to defend him and the warriors. Also Steph is 32 and in decline. We're only 3 games in but he's shooting 38% fg and 25% 3pt. That's gonna improve obviously but he's never going back to mvp form.

Trae on the other hand is in his third year and only getting better. He's just about to enter his prime.

tontoz
12-29-2020, 07:20 PM
If we are judging based on the first 3 games then most of the starters in the league are better than Steph. Not a very useful comparison though.

Stephonit
12-29-2020, 07:30 PM
If we are judging based on the first 3 games then most of the starters in the league are better than Steph. Not a very useful comparison though.

For people who don't know how to analyze a game maybe. Curry was still very good. But when the expected second or third best player on the team is throwing brick after brick and is like 0-17 for 3s and 0-31 for non dunks overall, that does not help win. That the Warriors even won one game with their players on such a slump and their offense and defense in disarray bodes well since they haven't played much together and have a lot of room to improve. Looks like more of a coaching issue.

Bronbron23
12-29-2020, 07:34 PM

It's not just the last 3 games though its like the last 14. Last year he was about the same in the 5 games he played. Before that it was the finals where he shot 40%fg and 34% 3pt. Not terrible but definitely not mvp steph numbers. That's the last 14 games. Yeah still a small sample size and it was the finals and the 5 games last year he was coming off injury but it's still a little concerning.

Again i don't expect this to continue but i don't expect him to get back to mvp form either. I do expect trae to though and as trae continues to grow and get better steph is gonna continue to get worse. Your overlooking stephs age and the fact that his team is worse and the teams around him got better.

Axe
12-30-2020, 01:36 AM
I concur. Talented pgs are common nowadays.

Baller789
12-30-2020, 08:26 AM
I concur. Talented pgs are common nowadays.

It has always been common. PG's are the easiest to find talent vs any other position.

hold this L
12-30-2020, 09:56 AM
It's not just the last 3 games though its like the last 14. Last year he was about the same in the 5 games he played. Before that it was the finals where he shot 40%fg and 34% 3pt. Not terrible but definitely not mvp steph numbers. That's the last 14 games. Yeah still a small sample size and it was the finals and the 5 games last year he was coming off injury but it's still a little concerning.

Again i don't expect this to continue but i don't expect him to get back to mvp form either. I do expect trae to though and as trae continues to grow and get better steph is gonna continue to get worse. Your overlooking stephs age and the fact that his team is worse and the teams around him got better.
This is way too early to look at anything. He's playing with 3 different starters right now as well as missing an entire year (rust). Lets see where he's at 2 months from now. I think the way Wiseman looks, it's almost tragic Klay got injured. I think the main 3 with Wiseman and despite Wiggins existing to hurt the team, they could have fought for the title.

Biggest issue for this team since KD's last season is the defense. Until that's fixed, I'm not sure what the team can do.

RRR3
12-30-2020, 10:50 AM
This is way too early to look at anything. He's playing with 3 different starters right now as well as missing an entire year (rust). Lets see where he's at 2 months from now. I think the way Wiseman looks, it's almost tragic Klay got injured. I think the main 3 with Wiseman and despite Wiggins existing to hurt the team, they could have fought for the title.

Biggest issue for this team since KD's last season is the defense. Until that's fixed, I'm not sure what the team can do.
You cannot contend for a title with Wiggins. It’s not possible. You could have peak MJ and Shaq and Wiggins would ruin it.

Stephonit
12-30-2020, 11:10 AM
You cannot contend for a title with Wiggins. It’s not possible. You could have peak MJ and Shaq and Wiggins would ruin it.

We'll just have to see if Saint Stephen can work another miracle then.

RRR3
12-30-2020, 11:26 AM
Maybe he can start by making the playoffs :roll:

Bronbron23
12-30-2020, 11:50 AM

Yeah i was actually saying they were gonna be contenders until klay went down. Steph has always been the best individual player but klays impact on their success was just as big. Thought oubre could maybe fill his shoes enough to at least get a 7 or 8th seed but now not so sure

hold this L
12-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Yeah i was actually saying they were gonna be contenders until klay went down. Steph has always been the best individual player but klays impact on their success was just as big. Thought oubre could maybe fill his shoes enough to at least get a 7 or 8th seed but now not so sure
I'm not sure on Oubre either, the guy went on one of the most horrific offensive runs in 2 games already and the season just started.

I still think the biggest issues are going to be defense. Only way this team achieves something great is if it turns into one of the 3 best defensive teams in the league. Need players like Oubre to step up there, see how the young boy develops and whether Mr. Triple Single is going to be relevant or a total bum like last season. He is needed badly to round into form.

Axe
12-31-2020, 10:23 AM
:lol

ThatCoolKid
01-09-2021, 08:15 AM
Yes. Yes he is. Stop revealing your incredibly low BBIQ.

CtrlAltDel
01-09-2021, 08:30 AM
Steph Curry 30 PPG 46%FG 39%3PT at 4.6 3per game
Trae Young 26 PPG 43% FG 31%3PT at 1.8 3per game

Trae 2nd option John Collins not happy with him.

tontoz
01-09-2021, 10:41 PM
I don't remember Steph's teammates ever complaining about him being too selfish.

Marchesk
01-09-2021, 10:51 PM
Trae Young is 14/50 from three through nine games. Maybe we jumped on the bandwagon a little too soon.

ThatCoolKid
01-09-2021, 10:57 PM
Trae Young is 14/50 from three through nine games. Maybe we jumped on the bandwagon a little too soon.

Maybe you did :lol I said Trae becoming as good as Steph is as likely as Zion becoming as good as Lebron and that he is nowhere near the player Steph is currently.

tontoz
01-09-2021, 11:01 PM
Trae's current FG% is actually the same as Curry's career 3pt %

theaussieguy
01-09-2021, 11:39 PM
This thread aged like milk. Holy hell at the delusion I have witnessed in this thread. Good god.

Thenameless
01-10-2021, 12:01 AM
Is Steph Curry really a lot better then Trae Young?

Yes.

Marchesk
01-10-2021, 12:09 AM
Maybe you did :lol I said Trae becoming as good as Steph is as likely as Zion becoming as good as Lebron and that he is nowhere near the player Steph is currently.

People on r/nba are saying Zion has the highest ceiling of any NBA player.

Thenameless
01-10-2021, 12:43 AM
People on r/nba are saying Zion has the highest ceiling of any NBA player.

I think the player with the highest ceiling among the younger players is Doncic.

StrongLurk
01-10-2021, 11:01 AM

Why can't people just wait like I said?

tpols
01-10-2021, 11:11 AM
But trae is so good at drawing da foulz! so much smarter and craftier at foul drawin!