PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons is a pussycat. No upside, get ya man Kblaze

GOBB
12-27-2020, 11:26 PM
No embiid. His turn to shine? No dog in him. All cat. I don’t even care about shooting this dude has no hunger to get buckets. But he sure loves jump passing into turnovers. Rich mans Lamar Odom.

Nike D'Antoni
12-27-2020, 11:27 PM
Kendall Jenner ruined him.

PANTHALASSA
12-27-2020, 11:32 PM
Never understood the hype tbh.

Guys who dont care from the beginning, rarely start to care later.

It’s obvious the guy doesnt care.

LoneyROY7
12-27-2020, 11:35 PM
What happened OP? You were saying to not trade him for Harden.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

imdaman99
12-27-2020, 11:35 PM
What do you want for him? It's obvious you're not getting Harden for him :lol

Marchesk
12-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Trade him for Wiggins.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 12:05 AM
What happened OP? You were saying to not trade him for Harden.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

What does one have to do with the other? Trading for Harden is a risk for anyone that’s giving up value. Because he’s a free agent in 2022 and can walk. And everything you traded is gone along with the guy you traded for. Harden was given everything in Houston. What’s so hard to comprehend? You ok over there or tipsy off of eggnog my guy?

GOBB
12-28-2020, 12:07 AM
What do you want for him? It's obvious you're not getting Harden for him :lol

Give me a player preferably guard that can get buckets. I think the players I would want I doubt teams would be interested in trading.

LoneyROY7
12-28-2020, 12:13 AM
What does one have to do with the other? Trading for Harden is a risk for anyone that’s giving up value. Because he’s a free agent in 2022 and can walk. And everything you traded is gone along with the guy you traded for. Harden was given everything in Houston. What’s so hard to comprehend? You ok over there or tipsy off of eggnog my guy?

Any take that says you don't trade Ben Simmons for James Harden is a clown take. Pure and simple.

Harden already put Philly on his list of teams, why would your immediate concern be about him leaving?

PANTHALASSA
12-28-2020, 12:21 AM
Any take that says you don't trade Ben Simmons for James Harden is a clown take. Pure and simple.

Harden already put Philly on his list of teams, why would your immediate concern be about him leaving?

Didnt he put CP3 and Westbrick on his list of teammates, and Dantoni on his list of coaches? :lol

fourkicks44
12-28-2020, 01:30 AM
I'm off Simmons too after tonight.

Had the keys handed to him and he dropped them in the gutter.

Unfortunately I think the Harden trade is off the table now, both sides have f*cked up the negotiations.

If Morey had have just quitley and swiftly got it done as soon as Harden became available they may have walked away with Covington also.

So disappointing.

coin24
12-28-2020, 01:39 AM
Ben is an immature moron, and still can’t shoot for shit..

GOBB
12-28-2020, 02:11 AM

List? So the **** what. Houston gave him money, gave him the ball and whatever he desired. Offered him a 2yr extension worth $50mil per. Not only did he turn that down he wants out of a franchise that gave him everything. What makes you think because he put down Philly on his list he is committed beyond 2022 when he is a free agent and can choose wherever he wants? Because we never ever seen that happen before where a player leaves. Dumbass.

sixerfan82
12-28-2020, 10:19 AM
I'm off Simmons too after tonight.

Had the keys handed to him and he dropped them in the gutter.

Unfortunately I think the Harden trade is off the table now, both sides have f*cked up the negotiations.

If Morey had have just quitley and swiftly got it done as soon as Harden became available they may have walked away with Covington also.

So disappointing.

I agree, Ben passed up another chance last night. He doesn't have it in him and I'm not sure why.

Doranku
12-28-2020, 11:30 AM
That clip of him calling Nurkic "ass" makes me laugh because I'd rather have Big Nurk on my team than Simmons' overrated ass. :lol

red1
12-28-2020, 11:57 AM
yeah simmons never improved. you cant win with him as your second best player.

it was always about his ballhandling at his size and his physical tools but he never really added anything.

when you guys were at the end of the process and ended up with embiid butler and redick - that was such a good team that was one fluky kawhi shot from a ring.

Im not even sure if simmons was your third best player. if tobias harris wasnt a dud pickup from the clipper then simmons might've even have been the fourth best player, all as a first pick in his prime.

999Guy
12-28-2020, 12:03 PM
No embiid. His turn to shine? No dog in him. All cat. I don’t even care about shooting this dude has no hunger to get buckets. But he sure loves jump passing into turnovers. Rich mans Lamar Odom.

Is he really a rich mans Odom. He seems to just be Odom. Peak Odom.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 01:40 PM
That clip of him calling Nurkic "ass" makes me laugh because I'd rather have Big Nurk on my team than Simmons' overrated ass. :lol

U talking dumb now. We not doing that. Foh

GOBB
12-28-2020, 01:40 PM
Is he really a rich mans Odom. He seems to just be Odom. Peak Odom.

He’s an all defensive player. Odom never was. Oh

8Ball
12-28-2020, 01:53 PM
Too late to trade him for Harden. Could have had a better deal before the season, then Harden drops 44.

Who cares if Harden stays or not after 2 years. You get 2 rock solid years of contention that you just don't have with Simmons. Look at Boston, always hoarding young assets hoping they become the next Durant - Westbrook - Harden MVP trio or Golden state. But that just doesn't happen.

You gotta go allin with top 5 players like Raptors did with Kawhi and Lakers did with AD.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2020, 01:53 PM
List? So the **** what. Houston gave him money, gave him the ball and whatever he desired. Offered him a 2yr extension worth $50mil per. Not only did he turn that down he wants out of a franchise that gave him everything. What makes you think because he put down Philly on his list he is committed beyond 2022 when he is a free agent and can choose wherever he wants? Because we never ever seen that happen before where a player leaves. Dumbass.

Lmao, he gave Houston everything.

He had several years with shit help and never complained.

999Guy
12-28-2020, 01:55 PM
He’s an all defensive player. Odom never was. Oh

Ben Simmons is a PF getting PG credit. Odom was a better defender than any PG in his prime.

Odom has a lot of good defensive moments. Especially in the playoffs. He shut down Marion twice.

And helped hurt a lot of good front courts.

Simmons isn’t even an elite defender really. That’s a popular name to throw out but he’s just good. Nothing amazing about him on either end.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:20 PM
Too late to trade him for Harden. Could have had a better deal before the season, then Harden drops 44.

Who cares if Harden stays or not after 2 years. You get 2 rock solid years of contention that you just don't have with Simmons. Look at Boston, always hoarding young assets hoping they become the next Durant - Westbrook - Harden MVP trio or Golden state. But that just doesn't happen.

You gotta go allin with top 5 players like Raptors did with Kawhi and Lakers did with AD.

Another dumbass. Who cares? Harden leaves and it crippled the franchise genius. But you don’t think that far ahead. You’re concerned with 1-2 years of what could be. There’s a reason why sixers didn’t jump on the Harden trade using your logic. Thank god. Wait are you Ed stefanski?

eliteballer
12-28-2020, 03:20 PM
He is what he is.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Lmao, he gave Houston everything.

He had several years with shit help and never complained.

Shit help? That’s hilarious. Maybe if James Harden performed in the post season like he does in the regular season Houston goes further. Shut up

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Ben Simmons is a PF getting PG credit. Odom was a better defender than any PG in his prime.

Odom has a lot of good defensive moments. Especially in the playoffs. He shut down Marion twice.

And helped hurt a lot of good front courts.

Simmons isn’t even an elite defender really. That’s a popular name to throw out but he’s just good. Nothing amazing about him on either end.

You clearly don’t watch basketball. The fact you’re arguing Odom defense vs Ben is laughable. Shame

ralph_i_el
12-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Odom+Embiid is much better than Simmons+Embiid.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2020, 03:29 PM
Shit help? That’s hilarious. Maybe if James Harden performed in the post season like he does in the regular season Houston goes further. Shut up

Oh yeah, if only Harden would perform up to standard, so he could beat the 73-win Warriors or KD/Curry/Klay/Dray Warriors or Bron/AD Lakers with Ryan Anderson or CP3 and Clint Capela or Westbrook

Dumbass

TommyGriffin
12-28-2020, 03:35 PM
OP has serious anger issues. Probably due to alcoholism.

Dumb bitch.

YoungDripKing
12-28-2020, 03:35 PM
Simmons wont be a top 3 player from his draft when its all said and done.

Ingram
Murray
Brown

Anyone seriously taking Simmons? I think we're past the hype now.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah, if only Harden would perform up to standard, so he could beat the 73-win Warriors or KD/Curry/Klay/Dray Warriors or Bron/AD Lakers with Ryan Anderson or CP3 and Clint Capela or Westbrook

Dumbass

Right because he couldn’t get past the Spurs when LA was their 2bd best player? Or how about the next year in the WCF vs GSW? For a board that loves efficiency as their go to stat. How harden look in those two series? I’ll wait. And he had help so dont want to hear it. Most star players take their games to another level in the playoffs. Harden tends to take a step back while having people like you make excuses.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Odom+Embiid is much better than Simmons+Embiid.

It’s really not. Nice try tho. Odom couldn’t defend the players Simmons has ie Tatum. Odom does not provide any more scoring than Ben already does. Do you guys watch basketball or no? Seems like you spend more time here posting during games than actually paying attention. Yikes

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
Simmons wont be a top 3 player from his draft when its all said and done.

Ingram
Murray
Brown

Anyone seriously taking Simmons? I think we're past the hype now.

Stop. Ben is arguably a top 15 player in the NBA. Jamal had a great playoffs and you’re giving him rim jobs already. Brown? Good one. Ben is definitely not this can’t miss generational talent he was pegged to be. But let’s cut the nonsense.

LoneyROY7
12-28-2020, 03:50 PM
This dumb motherf*cker just said Ben Simmons is a top 15 player.

:yaohappy:

YoungDripKing
12-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Stop. Ben is arguably a top 15 player in the NBA. Jamal had a great playoffs and you’re giving him rim jobs already. Brown? Good one. Ben is definitely not this can’t miss generational talent he was pegged to be. But let’s cut the nonsense.

I would probably pick Simmons still but if someone argued Murray and Brown, I would not be too upset. Ingram has surpassed him since last season though.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Right because he couldn’t get past the Spurs when LA was their 2bd best player? Or how about the next year in the WCF vs GSW? For a board that loves efficiency as their go to stat. How harden look in those two series? I’ll wait. And he had help so dont want to hear it. Most star players take their games to another level in the playoffs. Harden tends to take a step back while having people like you make excuses.

Who was Harden's best teammate that year?

41% shooting Eric Gordon.

And he was supposed to beat the Spurs.

Good one, buddy.

Harden indeed performed well against GSW in 2019 and LAL in 2020, but there was little more he could have done.

He didn't perform well most years before 2018, but he still carried teams way beyond their ceiling.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:57 PM
This dumb motherf*cker just said Ben Simmons is a top 15 player.

:yaohappy:

First team all defense, 3rd team all nba, 2x all star.

Jesus your compression skills are lacking. Plenty of programs you can begin to improve that online. Try it

LoneyROY7
12-28-2020, 03:59 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/UU1bHu6QWyFxZM63Jh/giphy.gif

https://i.ibb.co/c1VFXM7/Screen-Shot-2020-12-28-at-2-54-26-PM.png

Re-retire from ISH, bum. Your basketball IQ is nonexistent.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:59 PM
I would probably pick Simmons still but if someone argued Murray and Brown, I would not be too upset. Ingram has surpassed him since last season though.

Ingram has how? Only thing he does better is shoot. If we limited the question to who was better than it’s not arguable at all. But as players? How is Ingram already past Ben with no accolades to show for it?

YoungDripKing
12-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Ingram has how? Only thing he does better is shoot. If we limited the question to who was better than it’s not arguable at all. But as players? How is Ingram already past Ben with no accolades to show for it?

Ingram's game has a lot less holes and while Ben is a better defender than Ingram, the difference isnt so vast in comparison to Ingram and Ben and on the offensive end. Ingram is a much more complete offensive player. His entire offensive arsenal is better than Bens and not nearly as big of an issue for his team. You think Jerry West picks Simmons over BI? Simmons is the same player he was 4 years ago. Ingram has improved significantly over those years. Ingram was always a bigger project than Simmons but a lot of experts pegged Ingram to be a better player down the line. You have assess a player more than just physical aspects. Ingram has a better work ethic and clearly loves the game more (Hence the MIP accolade). His mental game is clearly tiers above Ben's. Although I can see why someone would pick Simmons still, I just think this season, Ingram puts his stamp on him being a better choice than Simmons.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 04:10 PM
Who was Harden's best teammate that year?

41% shooting Eric Gordon.

And he was supposed to beat the Spurs.

Good one, buddy.

Harden indeed performed well against GSW in 2019 and LAL in 2020, but there was little more he could have done.

He didn't perform well most years before 2018, but he still carried teams way beyond their ceiling.

Spurs 2nd best player was LA. A jump shooting PF. I don’t want to hear about Eric Gordon. And they also had Lou Williams. One of the greatest 6th men of all time. James Harden shot 41% as well. He also shot 30% from 3. I’ll round up and make it 31%. His stats across the board were lower than what he did in the regular season. Which further illustrates my point.

Harden vs GSW (next season after Spurs) he avg less than he did in regular season. Shot poorly. And avg 5 turnovers to his 6 assist average. But of course you skip this series which I mentioned which is cool. And jump to 2019 where he did perform well but guess who was 2nd in scoring? Eric Gordon. Yanno the no help you highlighted earlier. Interesting.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 04:19 PM
Ingram's game has a lot less holes and while Ben is a better defender than Ingram, the difference isnt so vast in comparison to Ingram and Ben and on the offensive end. Ingram is a much more complete offensive player. His entire offensive arsenal is better than Bens and not nearly as big of an issue for his team. You think Jerry West picks Simmons over BI? Simmons is the same player he was 4 years ago. Ingram has improved significantly over those years. Ingram was always a bigger project than Simmons but a lot of experts pegged Ingram to be a better player down the line. You have assess a player more than just physical aspects. Ingram has a better work ethic and clearly loves the game more (Hence the MIP accolade). His mental game is clearly tiers above Ben's. Although I can see why someone would pick Simmons still, I just think this season, Ingram puts his stamp on him being a better choice than Simmons.

You’re just making shit up now. I see what English teachers went through reading papers where students just bullshitted their way to the 500 word requirement. Better work ethic how? You equate better work ethic with in game improvement. And that’s highly flawed because Ben actually does work on his game. He has actual players who can vouch for that. You can’t because you dismiss what he does in th doff season with how his game looks in the NBA. No since you don’t see much of a jumper? He has to have a lousy work ethic in comparison to Ingram. How do you assess who loves the game more? Is there a heart monitor? Is it based on how many I love this game Instagram posts? You’re sitting there saying one guy loves the game more with no sound basis whatsoever. And now you’re using hyperbole with the tiers ahead of Ben in the mental aspect. No need. Just say you think Ingram mental is better and I’ll agree. The tiers of above is a cheap way to try and counter the FACTS that Ben accolades trumps Ingram. Maybe by seasons end this discussion is one where Ingram surpasses Ben. He hasn’t right now. And definitely not because of the potential Ingram has to improve where I think Ben room is smaller than his.

dbugz
12-28-2020, 04:41 PM
we'll trade grant williams for the guy straight up

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2020, 04:44 PM
Spurs 2nd best player was LA. A jump shooting PF. I don’t want to hear about Eric Gordon. And they also had Lou Williams. One of the greatest 6th men of all time. James Harden shot 41% as well. He also shot 30% from 3. I’ll round up and make it 31%. His stats across the board were lower than what he did in the regular season. Which further illustrates my point.

Harden vs GSW (next season after Spurs) he avg less than he did in regular season. Shot poorly. And avg 5 turnovers to his 6 assist average. But of course you skip this series which I mentioned which is cool. And jump to 2019 where he did perform well but guess who was 2nd in scoring? Eric Gordon. Yanno the no help you highlighted earlier. Interesting.

The Spurs were a machine that wasn't defined by a name second best player.

And even then, LA was much better than Eric Gordon, so what kind of shit argument are you presenting here? :oldlol:

Lou back then was still just a run-off-the-mill chucker, he shot below 40%. It was the next year that he made a name for himself.

No one denies that he had bad series', like in 2018. But he was also on himself out there the last two games, without Paul, which was asking way too much of him.

coin24
12-28-2020, 04:45 PM
Ingram is miles ahead of Simmons you would have to be a legit retard not to see that

8Ball
12-28-2020, 04:46 PM
Another dumbass. Who cares? Harden leaves and it crippled the franchise genius. But you don’t think that far ahead. You’re concerned with 1-2 years of what could be. There’s a reason why sixers didn’t jump on the Harden trade using your logic. Thank god. Wait are you Ed stefanski?

If you are happy with the Boston route, 2nd round exits then fine. That's Ben Simmons ceiling.

He isn't aggressive enough, can't shoot 3s. Teams will give him the Giannis treatment.

How else you want to win championships? What's your window? Are you beating Boston / Milwaukee / Miami for next 10 years with those 2?

Who has cap room for Harden anyway in 2 years to steal him away from you? Not Boston, not Miami, not Milwaukee, Nets can't sign him in free agency. No contender in the west. Harden may be forced to stay in Philly if he wants to stick it out with a top 10 player in Embiid.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 05:05 PM
The Spurs were a machine that wasn't defined by a name second best player.

And even then, LA was much better than Eric Gordon, so what kind of shit argument are you presenting here? :oldlol:

Lou back then was still just a run-off-the-mill chucker, he shot below 40%. It was the next year that he made a name for himself.

No one denies that he had bad series', like in 2018. But he was also on himself out there the last two games, without Paul, which was asking way too much of him.

You should stand outside traffic courts and help folks with thier excuses for the judge. You have quite a bit. Heck make an app. You'd kill by shipping out excuses to everyone who needs them quick. :roll:

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2020, 05:22 PM
You should stand outside traffic courts and help folks with thier excuses for the judge. You have quite a bit. Heck make an app. You'd kill by shipping out excuses to everyone who needs them quick. :roll:

Great argument!

Lets not forget, this started with your dumbass saying Houston gave Harden everything! Lol

light
12-28-2020, 05:22 PM

He's getting a lot of blocks and steals though. He's averaging 2.3 blocks per game this year so far which, if he kept that up, would lead to something like a Defensive Player of the Year award.

If he's going to play defense like that and on top of it add 16/8/8 then I'd say that's actually pretty good.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 05:35 PM
If you are happy with the Boston route, 2nd round exits then fine. That's Ben Simmons ceiling.

He isn't aggressive enough, can't shoot 3s. Teams will give him the Giannis treatment.

How else you want to win championships? What's your window? Are you beating Boston / Milwaukee / Miami for next 10 years with those 2?

Who has cap room for Harden anyway in 2 years to steal him away from you? Not Boston, not Miami, not Milwaukee, Nets can't sign him in free agency. No contender in the west. Harden may be forced to stay in Philly if he wants to stick it out with a top 10 player in Embiid.

No, I'm happy with no mortgaging the future for a 2 year rental where the aftermatch is back in the lottery if not overpaying more Tobias Harris/Al Horfords of the world. You clearly aren't comprehending shit here. I'll just to help you understand ok? Ready? Put down your phone, I see you about to text. Ready? I'm not against trading Ben Simmons. On paper, without considering any variables? James Harden is what the Sixers need. An elite scoring guard who can get buckets in times of need. He also compliments Embiid as he is a threat where teams have to pay attention to Harden in the halfcourt. Opens shit up, may even have Embiid seeing less doubles? In theory it should. But even still if doubled someone should benefit. 10 seconds left, down by 1. I don't know James stats in clutch moments but I know he is a guy that can get his shot off. Ben plays great defense, Harden is a decent at best defender. Not the exaggerated "omg hes trash hahaha im a 12yr old". But you can find defenders, ways around his defense. You cant find ways around Ben offensive woes. Harden would be the best guard Sixers have had since AI. His age isn't too much of a concern given todays game (all about shooting). He would need a nasty injury to limit his ability to f*ck a defender up and get buckets. Following? Prior to Harden acting out i was all for a Ben/Harden swap. At the time i didnt even think about his contract being up in 2022. We get Harden, he extends we good. Lets see where the chips fall.

Taking into consideration the variables? I became more reluctant. I would need some assurance he's not going to hit Philly with his step back no sign and leave for say a Miami move. He is all but wanting out of houston. Not willing to work anything out there. He turned down a fat 2yr extension. He's given out lists he wants to play for. He's in a I'm just here so i wont get fined mode. Red flag because you have to take that into consideration no matter who trades for him. So you only have 2 years to keep this guy happy even tho you just mortgage quite a bit of your assets for him. Philly is not a place marquee free agents go. We get the overpay Tobias Harris types. I can overlook his post season troubles for the most part of his houston career. I can turn a deaf ear to the debbie downer Harden will hit a major decline soon. But I refuse to as a fan sit thru a franchise where this guy leaves and you're left with nothing in return. I don't feel like seeing another rebuild if Harden leaves or being stuck in mediocrity/fringe lottery/7-8 seed territory.

You trade for Harden, a future here beyond 2022 must be seriously discussed. Because a 2 year window isn't reasonable. Because its not like Sixers get Harden now they win a chip year 1 anyway. Unless you think hes that good to do that.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 05:38 PM
Great argument!

Lets not forget, this started with your dumbass saying Houston gave Harden everything! Lol

Houston did. He was given the keys to the car, password to the bank accounts. And now he has a list of who he wants to play for other than Houston? Wouldn't expect you to see it tho. Not like his situation is like KG in Minny. He's not even trying to stick around in Houston

GOBB
12-28-2020, 05:42 PM
He's getting a lot of blocks and steals though. He's averaging 2.3 blocks per game this year so far which, if he kept that up, would lead to something like a Defensive Player of the Year award.

If he's going to play defense like that and on top of it add 16/8/8 then I'd say that's actually pretty good.

Defensively he's legit. Its offensively where his game just doesn't co-exist with Embiid. 16ppg, how many of that comes via transition as hes one of the best in that department. I dont have the stats on hand but just going by watching him play. Halfcourt tho? He struggles to get buckets. Embiid was out and his turn to shine. He faltered miserably. Its frustrating. He's capable of having a 30pt triple double where some shithead bumps this post like "ha!". I need him to be more aggressive and i dont think its in his DNA. Its fine woman in the room and instead of approaching them, he rather someone get the number for him. Cmon sway, get buckets or die trying. Like Gilbert Arenas said on his podcast i believe. If Ben comes into every game trying to avg 30 he would be better/better off.

GOBB
12-29-2020, 09:48 PM
**** it. Bring on James Harden. I can’t with Ben anymore

eliteballer
01-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Harden should be Harden for another 3 years, you don’t know how long embiid holds up.