PDA

View Full Version : So Kevin Love paid some of the Cavs arena workers who lost pay during Covid.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2020, 01:19 PM
The guys who swap out the floors at least.

Kevin paid them himself.

Also....Dan Gilbert is worth 45 billion dollars. Not that it means he has to pay people to not work....I’m just saying. A player paid the staff. The owners worth jumped up 40 billion during the pandemic. Just two things that are true and not necessarily related.

999Guy
12-28-2020, 01:36 PM
Was just about to post this.

I had a good evil laugh at remembering Dan Gilbert in a wheelchair talking at some event I saw months back.

The question is, what is it about making massive amounts of money that makes you lose this human thing where you see people at numbers on a spreadsheet and nothing more?

Obviously Kevin Love and Joel Embiid(who also did this in Philly until uproar caused ownership to pay employees) money isn’t where humanity dies but it ****ing falls somewhere between Tilman and Gilbert money guaranteed.

These people are really not even fully human IMO. They’re in this completely different world of dopamine and greed. Outside nepotism there’s no mutually beneficial shit they actually partake in on a regular basis.

And they don’t pay taxes.

HylianNightmare
12-28-2020, 01:54 PM
high character

8Ball
12-28-2020, 01:56 PM
Really making Dan Gilbert look bad here.

And Dan Gilbert took his company public this year and quadrupled his networth. Didn't give 1 penny away to people out of work.