PDA

View Full Version : Does this hurt Kobe’s legacy?

Nowitness
12-28-2020, 07:24 PM
After being taken out by the young Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2012 playoffs, Kobe stated the following;

“I'm not fading into the shadows if that's what you're asking. I'm not going anywhere. We're not going anywhere. It's not like one of those things where the Bulls beat the Pistons and the Pistons disappear forever. I'm not going for that sh**”.

He never played another playoff game, despite going on to play with Nash, Howard and Gasol.

Kobe basically had 10 years (2001-2011) as a top 15 player, and then was nothing but a volume chucker.

Does this prove he is the 12th greatest player ever?

HoopsNY
12-28-2020, 07:51 PM
After being taken out by the young Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2012 playoffs, Kobe stated the following;

“I'm not fading into the shadows if that's what you're asking. I'm not going anywhere. We're not going anywhere. It's not like one of those things where the Bulls beat the Pistons and the Pistons disappear forever. I'm not going for that sh**”.

He never played another playoff game, despite going on to play with Nash, Howard and Gasol.

Kobe basically had 10 years (2001-2011) as a top 15 player, and then was nothing but a volume chucker.

Does this prove he is the 12th greatest player ever?

I don't consider Kobe as a top 10 player all-time, but I don't think this is a fair criticism given that he didn't play in the series against the Spurs in 2013. Kobe had a torn achilles that basically sidelined him and ended his career. Surely that had some affect on his career.

He missed almost the entire season the following year and that was pretty much it after that.

HylianNightmare
12-28-2020, 09:11 PM
let him rest

Axe
12-28-2020, 10:04 PM
Injuries late in his career hurt him

PANTHALASSA
12-28-2020, 10:09 PM
It doesnt hurt Kobe’s legacy IMO, but it definitely helps Lebron’s.