PDA

View Full Version : Are Draymond and Klay locks for the Hall of Fame?

Stephonit
12-31-2020, 10:07 AM
I thought that they were but then Klay had his injuries and is going to miss two of his prime years while Draymond when left alone led his team to the bottom of the standings and it's unclear how good he'll be when he comes back.

If they don't accomplish anything more in their careers are these two locks for the Hall of Fame? Only one of them? Neither of them? What's your take?

Axe
12-31-2020, 10:10 AM
Klay has decent chance of making it to the hof someday

I'm not certain about the donkey tho

Gray GOAT
12-31-2020, 10:22 AM
100%. Neither are first ballot players, but they'll make it eventually.

The Birdman
12-31-2020, 10:30 AM
100%. Neither are first ballot players, but they'll make it eventually.

Yeah agreed with this

Real Men Wear Green
12-31-2020, 10:52 AM
Kay Thompson has three rings, great defender, several time Allstar, and one of the greatest shooters of all time, top 5 at absolute worst and in most people's top 3. He should be first ballot.

Green may have a little harder time than that but will also make it after not too many tries.

pandiani17
12-31-2020, 10:55 AM
Kay Thompson has three rings, great defender, several time Allstar, and one of the greatest shooters of all time, top 5 at absolute worst and in most people's top 3. He should be first ballot.

Green may have a little harder time than that but will also make it after not too many tries.

And then people complain Tracy McGrady is in the Hall of Fame, when he was much, much better than Klay.

Axe
12-31-2020, 10:56 AM
And then people complain Tracy McGrady is in the Hall of Fame, when he was much, much better than Klay.
:oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
12-31-2020, 10:58 AM

It isn't completely fair, a player that gets drafted into a better situation will always have an edge.

Bronbron23
12-31-2020, 10:59 AM
I thought that they were but then Klay had his injuries and is going to miss two of his prime years while Draymond when left alone led his team to the bottom of the standings and it's unclear how good he'll be when he comes back.

If they don't accomplish anything more in their careers are these two locks for the Hall of Fame? Only one of them? Neither of them? What's your take?

Yes absolutely

SouBeachTalents
12-31-2020, 11:40 AM
They'll both make it, FAR less accomplished players have made the HOF

rmt
12-31-2020, 11:45 AM
It isn't completely fair, a player that gets drafted into a better situation will always have an edge.

But after rookie contract, said player has the opportunity to move. Some CHOOSE not to (see KG) - not that I knock anyone for the obvious financial advantage of re-signing with current team. Things were much different then - when contract salary was so important - not like now when because of (internet) exposure, endorsements weigh in more heavily.

Real Men Wear Green
12-31-2020, 11:51 AM
But after rookie contract, said player has the opportunity to move. Some CHOOSE not to (see KG) - not that I knock anyone for the obvious financial advantage of re-signing with current team. Things were much different then - when contract salary was so important - not like now when because of (internet) exposure, endorsements weigh in more heavily.

If we are applying this to TMac he thought he was joining superstar Grant Hill with shot at also getting perennial MVP candidate Tim Duncan. He was just unlucky with teammate.

rmt
12-31-2020, 12:11 PM
If we are applying this to TMac he thought he was joining superstar Grant Hill with shot at also getting perennial MVP candidate Tim Duncan. He was just unlucky with teammate.

Yep. And unlucky again - missed the 2014 ring with the Spurs (one year too early).

pandiani17
12-31-2020, 07:20 PM
:oldlol:

Do you mean Klay Thompson > Tracy McGrady? I respect every opinion, but I think otherwise.

SATAN
12-31-2020, 07:21 PM
Green shouldn't be in the HOF. Dunno about Klay.