PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns are 5-1

Stanley Kobrick
01-02-2021, 01:45 PM
don't shu schleep :cheers:

FireDavidKahn
01-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Mikal Bridges is the second best player on that team. I LOVED him coming out. Leapfrogged Ayton and I'm not necessarily going to count Paul as he is just a very short term solution for them.

GreatHILL
01-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Mikel and Cam playing amazing basketball.

r0drig0lac
01-02-2021, 01:58 PM
Booker and Trae with decent help putting their teams in the elite, offensive superstars doing offensive superstars things, it's normal.

highwhey
01-02-2021, 02:08 PM
Mikal Bridges is the second best player on that team. I LOVED him coming out. Leapfrogged Ayton and I'm not necessarily going to count Paul as he is just a very short term solution for them.

Paul's impact is being understated. Even if he only scores 10 a night, his presence is what allows the offense to be what it is. And Ayton has been assigned to be a full time defensive anchor, and is doing a stellar job at it. So his impact may be unnoticed by a lot of people because he isn't going to drop 20 a night.

Mikal has made a leap on both sides of the ball, and yes, at times he's probably playing better than Ayton on an overall scale. However, we need both of those guys to play elite defense to be successful. Ayton as a rim protector and Mikal on the perimeter. Once Ayton sits down, the defensive impact plummets bc he's such a strong presence down there. He won't ever average a high BPG, but we don't need him to do that, he's playing defense perfectly by using verticality to deflect shots without risking fouls. Swatting shots into the stands is more entertaining but in today's soft era, verticality>>>>blocking shots.

FireDavidKahn
01-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Paul's impact is being understated. Even if he only scores 10 a night, his presence is what allows the offense to be what it is. And Ayton has been assigned to be a full time defensive anchor, and is doing a stellar job at it. So his impact may be unnoticed by a lot of people because he isn't going to drop 20 a night.

Mikal has made a leap on both sides of the ball, and yes, at times he's probably playing better than Ayton on an overall scale. However, we need both of those guys to play elite defense to be successful. Ayton as a rim protector and Mikal on the perimeter. Once Ayton sits down, the defensive impact plummets bc he's such a strong presence down there. He won't ever average a high BPG, but we don't need him to do that, he's playing defense perfectly by using verticality to deflect shots without risking fouls. Swatting shots into the stands is more entertaining but in today's soft era, verticality>>>>blocking shots.

I know that. As I said I'm just not counting him because he is a very short term answer for them.

As for Mikal, he is playing at an elite level of defense. Ayton is playing great as well but IMO Mikal's combined offense + defense > Ayton right now. Phoenix is ranked 4th in defense right now and it's mainly because of both Mikal and Ayton

tpols
01-02-2021, 02:34 PM
Devin Booker is playing like crap. Bridges and Ayton look nice. Chris Paul is the obvious game changer though, his leadership and play take them from lotto to playoff team.

Stanley Kobrick
01-02-2021, 02:42 PM
Devin Booker is playing like crap. Bridges and Ayton look nice. Chris Paul is the obvious game changer though, his leadership and play take them from lotto to playoff team.
Booker doing better than both Stephen Curry and Kyrie

Marchesk
01-02-2021, 03:20 PM
Hawks and Suns finals. :banana:

Bronbron23
01-02-2021, 03:46 PM
don't shu schleep :cheers:

I can't believe there were idiots on here saying they wouldn't make playoffs.

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2021, 03:46 PM

it's certainly possible. Long season ahead

highwhey
01-02-2021, 03:50 PM
I know that. As I said I'm just not counting him because he is a very short term answer for them.

As for Mikal, he is playing at an elite level of defense. Ayton is playing great as well but IMO Mikal's combined offense + defense > Ayton right now. Phoenix is ranked 4th in defense right now and it's mainly because of both Mikal and Ayton

ngl, all along i thought ayton would for sure be the 2nd best player or even the 1st on the suns. but now i'm wondering if Mikal continues to develop and gets handles...oof, he may end up being that 2nd best player next to Book. at the very least, barring injuries, it looks like he may end up making all-nba defensive team selection pretty soon.

highwhey
01-02-2021, 03:51 PM

yeah, the compressed season is a major challenge for this team, even with actual depth from our bench, an injury to a key player can send us tumbling down.

fsvr54
01-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Does Mikal ever wear non-neon single color shoes? It's enough to root against the Suns

ArbitraryWater
01-02-2021, 04:50 PM
13-1 in last 14

Bronbron23
01-02-2021, 04:54 PM

Yeah anything is possible but it's highly unlikely. They're legit one of the best teams in the league. They can hang with anyone

pandiani17
01-02-2021, 04:59 PM

bu-bu-bu-but the bubble :roll:

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Yeah anything is possible but it's highly unlikely. They're legit one of the best teams in the league. They can hang with anyone

way too early to say they are one of the best teams in the league. They have never done anything. Sorry I need more than the bubble and a hot start to convince me. It's hard to go from shitty to one of the best teams in the league.

Stanley Kobrick
01-02-2021, 05:25 PM
way too early to say they are one of the best teams in the league. They have never done anything. Sorry I need more than the bubble and a hot start to convince me. It's hard to go from shitty to one of the best teams in the league.
suns are contenders and there is nothing you can do about it

r0drig0lac
01-02-2021, 05:57 PM
suns are contenders and there is nothing you can do about it

this

HBK_Kliq_2
01-02-2021, 06:15 PM
When they got rid of the worst player in the league Kelly oubre at 8 PPG on 27% FG and 4% from three

That helped them a lot

StrongLurk
01-02-2021, 06:17 PM
Chris Paul is an amazing player still at his old age. Just couldn't really stay healthy enough come playoff time.

Booker is obviously good, Ayton underrated.

coin24
01-02-2021, 06:21 PM
Chris small is such a great leader and winner, unless it’s the playoffs then he disappears

fsvr54
01-02-2021, 06:27 PM
Hawks and Suns are the upcoming power teams of either conference.

Stanley Kobrick
01-02-2021, 06:31 PM
Hawks and Suns are the upcoming power teams of either conference.
:cheers:

Bronbron23
01-02-2021, 09:09 PM
bu-bu-bu-but the bubble :roll:

Hahaha these flicking idiots are so bad

Smoke117
01-02-2021, 09:10 PM
The Point God. Nuff said.

Bronbron23
01-02-2021, 09:14 PM

Yeah we've had discussions before about this kind of thing and your obviously very conservative about it. Do you never use common sense to make predictions though? I honestly feel like Jesus could come back and play for okc right now and you'd say the same thing.

fourkicks44
01-02-2021, 09:20 PM
Yeah we've had discussions before about this kind of thing and your obviously very conservative about it. Do you never use common sense to make predictions though? I honestly feel like Jesus could come back and play for okc right now and you'd say the same thing.

Tbh the Suns did this last season. They started out super hot and then Ayton got suspended and then they came back down to earth. By the time they got back to the bubble they resembled the team that started out the first couple weeks of the season.

It is fair enough to be sceptical of the sustainability of their success going forward.

That being said tho, I actually think they are pretty legit and Suns' fans should be super hyped.

Imagine how good they will be if Dario finally comes over.

Bronbron23
01-02-2021, 09:26 PM
Tbh the Suns did this last season. They started out super hot and then Ayton got suspended and then they came back down to earth. By the time they got back to the bubble they resembled the team that started out the first couple weeks of the season.

It is fair enough to be sceptical of the sustainability of their success going forward.

That being said tho, I actually think they are pretty legit and Suns' fans should be super hyped.

Yeah i hear you but the other part of that is they didn't have chris paul last year. Even without him I thought the suns were gonna be in the mix. With him it's a foregone conclusion. Chris paul just took okc to 5th in the west and they're not close to being as talented as the suns. I think people sleep on chris pauls impact.

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2021, 09:30 PM

I just saw them against the Jazz. I wasn't that impressed. Bridges is good. Carter is good. Paul is an aging and injury prone HOFer that everything is riding on. Crowder was hot but he could just as easily go 0-10 from 3. The Jazz played horribly and still made a game of it. 20,000 fans might have made the difference. I do know that the Jazz under Snyder always start slowly as does Mitchell. I also know that they haven't missed the playoffs unless Rudy misses 2 months. I also have a pretty good idea about a lot of other teams in the west based on their track records. OKC is out of it? Maybe Houston depending on Harden. Who are all the teams the Suns have passed? The Suns track record sucks. Paul and Crowder's doesn't but they haven't played for the Suns before. How do the Suns respond when the scouting report gets out on them? Common sense tells me that if Paul is relatively healthy that they have a chance at being in the playoffs. Certainly a lot to prove to be considered one of the best teams in the whole league let alone their conference

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2021, 09:32 PM
Yeah i hear you but the other part of that is they didn't have chris paul last year. Even without him I thought the suns were gonna be in the mix. With him it's a foregone conclusion. Chris paul just took okc to 5th in the west and they're not close to being as talented as the suns. I think people sleep on chris pauls impact.

The untalented OKC team had proven NBA playoff material unlike the supposedly more talented Suns. Don't think anyone is sleeping on Paul. He's the sole reason there is even a conversation about it.

Bronbron23
01-02-2021, 09:44 PM
The untalented OKC team had proven NBA playoff material unlike the supposedly more talented Suns. Don't think anyone is sleeping on Paul. He's the sole reason there is even a conversation about it.

Right so if chris paul is the sole reason, why arent you more sure? Chris Paul's teams have been one of the best teams in the west for awhile now and it dosn't matter what team it is.

And again if he can take last years okc team to 5th in the west I dont know why you think he can't take a better suns team to the same. I get that they've nevet done it but every great player and team at some point didn't do it.

LAmbruh
01-02-2021, 09:47 PM
why is Xiao hysterically shook of Phoenix :oldlol:

highwhey
01-02-2021, 09:47 PM

dARIO played 2 games, he fits nicely with the 2nd unit bc of his passing. easy outlet passes to our athletic wings. think lebron making a full court pass on the fast break for an easy layup/dunk. he's hurt again though, minor but that 2nd unit benefits greatly from his passing and 3pt shooting.

DoctorP
01-02-2021, 10:23 PM
They've got shooters

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2021, 10:26 PM
Right so if chris paul is the sole reason, why arent you more sure? Chris Paul's teams have been one of the best teams in the west for awhile now and it dosn't matter what team it is.

And again if he can take last years okc team to 5th in the west I dont know why you think he can't take a better suns team to the same. I get that they've nevet done it but every great player and team at some point didn't do it.

Chris Paul teams have been in the playoffs. Best teams is highly debatable. He's a year older. OKC was a good team before Paul. That's the difference. The Suns outside the almighty bubble have been one of the worst franchises in the league

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2021, 10:27 PM
dARIO played 2 games, he fits nicely with the 2nd unit bc of his passing. easy outlet passes to our athletic wings. think lebron making a full court pass on the fast break for an easy layup/dunk. he's hurt again though, minor but that 2nd unit benefits greatly from his passing and 3pt shooting.

Now Dario getting Lebron comparisons :lol

fourkicks44
01-02-2021, 10:33 PM
Now Dario getting Lebron comparisons :lol

I see no lies here.

Dario IS the 'Euro LeBron'.

Smoke117
01-03-2021, 02:32 AM
Chris Paul teams have been in the playoffs. Best teams is highly debatable. He's a year older. OKC was a good team before Paul. That's the difference. The Suns outside the almighty bubble have been one of the worst franchises in the league

Moronic logic. The OKC team in 19 had Westbrook and Paul George on it. Because people always undervalue CP3 people thought last years OKC would be terrible. They were obviously idiots.

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 02:39 AM
Moronic logic. The OKC team in 19 had Westbrook and Paul George on it. Because people always undervalue CP3 people thought last years OKC would be terrible. They were obviously idiots.

They also had Adams, Gallanari, Shroeder and added Shai. Proven NBA playoff vets unlike the Suns ping pong collecting/bubble dominating lot

Axe
01-03-2021, 02:42 AM
Lakers were shitty inb4 last season but the acquisition of ad gave them a bright future and they became ripe.

Meanwhile, we are going to see what the revamped suns are capable of with cp3 this season.

Stanley Kobrick
01-03-2021, 02:42 AM
Xiao Yao You is subconsciously making me loathe the Utah Jazz :(

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 04:35 AM
Lakers were shitty inb4 last season but the acquisition of ad gave them a bright future and they became ripe.

Meanwhile, we are going to see what the revamped suns are capable of with cp3 this season.

The Lakers were shitty after Lebron got hurt. Before that they were in the the top 8. Davis joined Lebron. Paul joins Booker. There's a big difference here

coin24
01-03-2021, 04:56 AM
how's marshMelo doing gyno tits? still waiting on him to explode?

ROFLMAOOOO

https://i.ibb.co/cx1k10H/6r0pc.png

Speaking of tits..

Axe
01-03-2021, 05:32 AM
The Lakers were shitty after Lebron got hurt. Before that they were in the the top 8. Davis joined Lebron. Paul joins Booker. There's a big difference here
Yes bran got hurt that time but had it not happened, we're not sure if he can lead that team alone past the wcsf or wcf due to tough competition, unlike how they did with ad recently.

If the suns do make it this year, it will be interesting because they haven't been in the postseason for a decade now.

light
01-03-2021, 05:39 AM
Booker doing better than both Stephen Curry and Kyrie

Idk. Booker seems to be playing like a scrub.

Booker PER: 11.3
Curry PER: 22.2
Kyrie PER: 26.5

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 06:40 AM
Yes bran got hurt that time but had it not happened, we're not sure if he can lead that team alone past the wcsf or wcf due to tough competition, unlike how they did with ad recently.

If the suns do make it this year, it will be interesting because they haven't been in the postseason for a decade now.

No we're not sure if they would have even made the playoffs. I believe the tough part of their schedule was still ahead. Just like we have no idea if one of the worst teams in the league is suddenly one of the best because they added an aging HOFer

GreatHILL
01-03-2021, 06:54 AM
No we're not sure if they would have even made the playoffs. I believe the tough part of their schedule was still ahead. Just like we have no idea if one of the worst teams in the league is suddenly one of the best because they added an aging HOFer

hey dummy the suns were already better without cp3 you know young teams getting better with time and a good coach.

as a jazz fan you are so obsessed with the suns it's hilarious :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 07:05 AM
hey dummy the suns were already better without cp3 you know young teams getting better with time and a good coach.

as a jazz fan you are so obsessed with the suns it's hilarious :oldlol:

They were better than what? They had the 21st best record in the league going into the bubble. There are 30 teams. You do the math. You're adding Paul and becoming one of the best teams just like that?

NBAGOAT
01-03-2021, 09:06 AM
They were better than what? They had the 21st best record in the league going into the bubble. There are 30 teams. You do the math. You're adding Paul and becoming one of the best teams just like that?

Paul is that good

Lebron23
01-03-2021, 10:41 AM
Chris Paul effect.

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 11:35 AM
Paul is that good

Why haven't his other teams been among the best when he was young and in his prime then? More talented teams than the 14th best team in the west.

Bronbron23
01-03-2021, 11:52 AM

Okc was only a good team before paul because thet had 2 stars. That okc squad that cp had last year isn't close to as good as the team he has now. Sure their record sucked but they're young and the potential is their. All they needed was a playmaker and a vet with some experience and they got that and some with chris paul. Based on the responses in this thread it sounds like your a jazz fan. Better hope jazz don't get suns early in the post seaaon. They'll lose.

ArbitraryWater
01-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Why haven't his other teams been among the best when he was young and in his prime then? More talented teams than the 14th best team in the west.

Wut?

Paul had the same effect on the Clippers and Rockets

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 12:25 PM
Wut?

Paul had the same effect on the Clippers and Rockets

The Clippers were one of the most overrated and underachieving teams in the league. The Rockets were great 1 year. Both a lot m0re talented than the supposedly now contending Suns

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 12:30 PM
Okc was only a good team before paul because thet had 2 stars. That okc squad that cp had last year isn't close to as good as the team he has now. Sure their record sucked but they're young and the potential is their. All they needed was a playmaker and a vet with some experience and they got that and some with chris paul. Based on the responses in this thread it sounds like your a jazz fan. Better hope jazz don't get suns early in the post seaaon. They'll lose.

They had more than two stars as last year's team would indicate. You can keep telling yourself that one of the worst teams in the league is more talented than playoff proven vets but they've yet to earn that. All young teams have potential. That's why they tank year after year to get the guys with the most potential but until they actually do something that's all it is. They had a vet with experience in Rubio and they still sucked for some strange reason. Jazz might lose to the Suns in the post season. Still wouldn't make the Suns one of the best teams in the league. Jazz are seriously flawed outside Gobert, Conley and O'Neale

Young X
01-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Why haven't his other teams been among the best when he was young and in his prime then? More talented teams than the 14th best team in the west.?

2008 Hornets won 56 games and were 1 win away from the #1 seed over Kobe and the Lakers.

2014 Clippers were 2 wins away from OKC for the 2nd seed and 3 wins away from the #1 seed over the Spurs.

Both are the best records in franchise history.

The 2018 Rockets are also the best record in their franchise history with 65 wins.

highwhey
01-03-2021, 12:40 PM
?

2008 Hornets won 56 games and were 1 win away from the #1 seed over Kobe and the Lakers.

2014 Clippers were 2 wins away from OKC for the 2nd seed and 3 wins away from the #1 seed over the Spurs.

The 2018 Rockets are also the best record in their franchise history with 65 wins.

don't try to reason with him, he's a hater. his jazz are a guaranteed 1st round exit but he likes to talk about "underachieving" lol. as if cp3 ever had someone worth of contending on his team. blake as your 2nd is not winning a title.

tpols
01-03-2021, 12:47 PM
don't try to reason with him, he's a hater. his jazz are a guaranteed 1st round exit but he likes to talk about "underachieving" lol. as if cp3 ever had someone worth of contending on his team. blake as your 2nd is not winning a title.

Those clipper teams were stacked... 3 all NBA players on one team. That's rare...

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 12:54 PM
?

it was all down hill for Paul after that. He's not quite the player he was then btw. The Rockets were a great team as I said earlier. He's only gotten older

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 12:57 PM

there's no guarantees. That's kind of the whole point of this isn't it? The Suns are suddenly one of the leagues great teams based on a bubble and an aging and injury prone HOFer. The Suns with Ayton as their 2nd is winning a title? The Jazz have certainly overachieved. Gobert has been carrying otherwise crappy teams to the middle of the west playoff pack. Paul is attempting to do the same thing except he's supposedly taking them to much higher heights

Xiao Yao You
Those clipper teams were stacked... 3 all NBA players on one team. That's rare...

and yet they underachieved

Young X
Those clipper teams were stacked... 3 all NBA players on one team. That's rare...They were "stacked" for making highlights and dunks, not for winning.

DJ is not a real All-NBA player. Chris Paul made him look like an All-NBA player.

Blake Griffin has done nothing but put up empty stats without Chris Paul.

When Paul left the Clippers they couldn't even make the playoffs and got traded.

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 12:59 PM
They were "stacked" for making highlights and dunks, not for winning.

DJ is not a real All-NBA player. Chris Paul made him look like an All-NBA player.

Blake Griffin has done nothing but put up empty stats without Chris Paul.

When Paul left the Clippers they couldn't even make the playoffs and got traded.

That sounds a lot like the crew that Paul has now that is supposedly one of the leagues best. Paul is much older now though

GOBB
01-03-2021, 01:08 PM
Chris Paul factor. Doesn’t happen without him

Young X
01-03-2021, 01:18 PM
That sounds a lot like the crew that Paul has now that is supposedly one of the leagues best. Paul is much older now thoughThe west isn't crazy now like it was back then. If the Suns can be even close to what that Clippers team was that's a good thing. And they have young players that are improving, it's way too early to tell anything though. The team has alot of potential though.

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Chris Paul factor. Doesn’t happen without him

and even with him it may not. He's certainly the only reason it's a discussion

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 01:29 PM
The west isn't crazy now like it was back then. If the Suns can be even close to what that Clippers team was that's a good thing. And they have young players that are improving, it's way too early to tell anything though. The team has alot of potential though.

The west is still pretty crazy. It is way too early which has been my point all along. A lot of teams have potential. Minnesota and OKC looked as good as the Suns when I saw them

highwhey
01-03-2021, 02:53 PM

by name dude. you're telling me blake and DJ are supposed to be worthy of a title contender expectation? c'mon now. what has blake done since? he can't even lead a team in the east to the playoffs...he's empty stats and DJ is a nice rim protector, nothing more.

tpols
01-03-2021, 02:57 PM
by name dude. you're telling me blake and DJ are supposed to be worthy of a title contender expectation? c'mon now. what has blake done since? he can't even lead a team in the east to the playoffs...he's empty stats and DJ is a nice rim protector, nothing more.

Blake and Jordan were much better 5 years ago. DJ was a rebounding champion, all star and All NBA team selection.. he also led the league in FG% for like 5 years in a row, one of the best pick setters and roll players in the game. Yes, having two of those guys is plenty of help to win a title and the clippers even knocked off title contenders in the playoffs like the spurs.

highwhey
01-03-2021, 02:59 PM
fyi, i'm not saying suns are contenders. i think we can realistically make the playoffs with good health, but not contend. the offense is still very new and booker and ayton are still trying to figure it out. booker went from being the center of the offense to handing the keys to cp3 and looks awkward out there. ayton is being met with doubles in the paint, opposing defenses are doubling him down there to crowd the paint to discourage him from scoring. once he figures out another exploit on offense, the suns should be more deadly on offense. booker needs to stop trying to force ISO's late in the 4th, it's 2 games in a row where we had a nice 12-15pt lead and booker's turnovers from ISO'ing in the 4th quarter almost cost us those games. clippers game tonight should be a tough matchup for us. hopefully mikal can contain Kawhi, but it might be wishful thinking on my part. i don't have high expectations for us tonight. we're far from being dialed in yet.

highwhey
01-03-2021, 03:01 PM
Blake and Jordan were much better 5 years ago. DJ was a rebounding champion, all star and All NBA team selection.. Yes, having two of those guys is plenty of help to win a title and the clippers even knocked off title contenders in the playoffs like the spurs.

they certainly looked great during those years. but they turned out to be fools gold. i think CP3 and Harden taking a historically great team (Durant's GSW) to 7 games and being on the cusp of beating them speaks volumes about CP3's leadership.

Xiao Yao You
01-03-2021, 03:58 PM
fyi, i'm not saying suns are contenders. i think we can realistically make the playoffs with good health, but not contend. the offense is still very new and booker and ayton are still trying to figure it out. booker went from being the center of the offense to handing the keys to cp3 and looks awkward out there. ayton is being met with doubles in the paint, opposing defenses are doubling him down there to crowd the paint to discourage him from scoring. once he figures out another exploit on offense, the suns should be more deadly on offense. booker needs to stop trying to force ISO's late in the 4th, it's 2 games in a row where we had a nice 12-15pt lead and booker's turnovers from ISO'ing in the 4th quarter almost cost us those games. clippers game tonight should be a tough matchup for us. hopefully mikal can contain Kawhi, but it might be wishful thinking on my part. i don't have high expectations for us tonight. we're far from being dialed in yet.

You've said they are contenders. Everyone thinks they can make the playoffs.

highwhey
01-03-2021, 03:59 PM
You've said they are contenders. Everyone thinks they can make the playoffs.

I was kidding about being contenders. but if healthy, yes, the expectation is playoffs. not contending.

Smoke117
01-03-2021, 07:33 PM
Suns are looking good for the rest of the season considering neither Booker nor CP3 have been playing at their best yet.