PDA

View Full Version : Who else thought Trae Young would be a bust?

TAZORAC
01-02-2021, 05:31 PM
I thought Young was a midget who did alot of half court chucking. Never thought his "chucks" would go in alot of the times, also didn't know he could attack the rim as good as he can.

Who else thought he could be a bust?

Stanley Kobrick
01-02-2021, 05:46 PM
it's hard to tell with NCAA chuckers, you have guys like Jimmer who looked similar to Trae in college and he bust. it's really a hit or miss

StrongLurk
01-02-2021, 06:16 PM
Did you watch him in college AT ALL?

It was obvious he would at least become an all-star level player at some point. Right now, he is trending toward superstar.

insight
01-02-2021, 07:19 PM
it's hard to tell with NCAA chuckers, you have guys like Jimmer who looked similar to Trae in college and he bust. it's really a hit or miss

Trae has one of the best handles in the game, can pass and shoot. He is a scoring point guard not just a shooter like Jimmer their games are nothing a like.

MrFonzworth
01-02-2021, 08:26 PM
I wanted him to be a bust because he looks like a rat but it was obvious he would dominate

fourkicks44
01-02-2021, 08:29 PM
I'll admit I thought he would be a bust.

Because he is short AF and a whiney little bitch.

Bronbron23
01-02-2021, 08:33 PM
I thought Young was a midget who did alot of half court chucking. Never thought his "chucks" would go in alot of the times, also didn't know he could attack the rim as good as he can.

Who else thought he could be a bust?

In an era wher you can't fight through screens or contest shots why would you think any shooter would be s bust?

Marchesk
01-02-2021, 10:31 PM
In an era wher you can't fight through screens or contest shots why would you think any shooter would be s bust?

Why isn't Buddy Hield better?

Kings2024Champs
01-02-2021, 10:49 PM
I thought he would bust because I underestimated his passing and thought he wasnt good enough of a shooter to overcome bad decision making. I was right on the defense but it doesn't matter dude is a superstar. Also I said dude was far too ugly to be a star, basically I was a hater :roll:

LoneyROY7
01-02-2021, 11:00 PM
Knew he was gonna be beast as soon I saw him at Oklahoma.

He needs to cut that stringy bird's nest on his dome for me to truly respect him though.

tanibanana
01-02-2021, 11:07 PM
He got too much Curry comparison in college.. everyone thinks his flooring and ceiling will be high.

scuzzy
01-02-2021, 11:09 PM
Like Fonz mentioned, purely on appearance alone

His ugliness just made me want him to fail

Bronbron23
01-03-2021, 12:39 AM
Why isn't Buddy Hield better?

I don't know but he's not a bust.

r0drig0lac
01-03-2021, 12:42 AM
I said that he would be the best player in his draft before it happened, understanding about the game has these things, it was obvious that he would enter the league as one of the top 5 playmakers (like Ben Simmons) and top 10 scorers.

Sulico
01-03-2021, 03:36 AM
I thought he would be a bust. He sure doesn't look like one right now but let's not throw around "Superstar" labels just yet.

Axe
01-03-2021, 03:40 AM
He's improving gradually from what i can see

falconfan13
01-03-2021, 03:57 AM
I thought he would bust because I underestimated his passing and thought he wasnt good enough of a shooter to overcome bad decision making. I was right on the defense but it doesn't matter dude is a superstar. Also I said dude was far too ugly to be a star, basically I was a hater :roll:

Funny part is he might be making people eat their words on the defensive front as well. Since he doesn't have to carry the entire offense weight anymore like the last 2 years he is putting tons more effort on the defensive side of the ball this year. It is very noticeable and so far he is actually about a middle of the pack defensive Guard with a 106 defensive rating which is right around Jrue Holiday and Jason Tatum this year and a little ahead of Jaylon Brown. If he can even hold an avg defensive effort and game like he has these 1st 5 games with his offense he is a superstar imo as his horrible defense last year was his 1 big true negative.

dirkdiggler41
01-03-2021, 04:20 AM
I thought he would either be a bust or super great. If he was not skilled enough he would not get playing time the way he plays. I could see him being a much worse Jason Williams. He still takes some awful shots and I truly believe that is what is going to stop him from becoming the champ as a first option.

pandiani17
01-03-2021, 07:57 AM
Me.