PDA

View Full Version : 76ers contenders this year?

Sulico
01-03-2021, 03:26 AM
Their starting 5 looks really scary. Added 3 time champ Danny Green, robbed Mavs in Seth Curry trade, now they have D, amazing shooting, size, an OK bench. Who's stopping them?

Axe
01-03-2021, 03:27 AM
You think the acquisition of danny green makes them stacked?

GreatHILL
01-03-2021, 03:30 AM
Their starting 5 looks really scary. Added 3 time champ Danny Green, robbed Mavs in Seth Curry trade, now they have D, amazing shooting, size, an OK bench. Who's stopping them?

u cant rob the mavs they still have luka the golden boy :oldlol:

PhutureDynasty
01-03-2021, 03:58 AM
As much as I want to say yes we haven't played any great teams yet so the jury is still out.

MrFonzworth
01-03-2021, 04:28 AM
Depends if Harris is worth half of what he's getting paid or not

Mask the Embiid
01-03-2021, 04:49 AM
https://i.gifer.com/2ee8.gif

Gray GOAT
01-03-2021, 05:17 AM
No one is scared of a team with Ben Simmons as its second best player.

Sulico
01-03-2021, 05:40 AM
No one is scared of a team with Ben Simmons as its second best player.

I see that too much MJ vs Lebron threads took a toll on some peoples intelligence.
In real world basketball is a team game and great teams can win with variety of players getting huge minutes and playing important roles.

GSW terrorized the league with Draymond Green as their second best player. Toronto won with Kyle Lowry. Spurs with 50 years old Manu. Mavs with aging Jason Terry.

I know it's not fair to ask "MJ vs Lebron" crowd for a sane answer, but you can at least try and pretend you know something about basketball.

light
01-03-2021, 05:42 AM

No, they're pretenders.

They don't need to be stopped, they will stop themselves when the time comes to perform at a high level.

Manny98
01-03-2021, 10:53 AM
lol

HylianNightmare
01-03-2021, 11:21 AM
All they really don't it's dig themselves a hole that they put themselves in 2 seasons ago by letting all of their shooters go in trying to make 2 bigs work

dbugz
01-03-2021, 11:21 AM
until they face Celtics again in the playoffs :roll: :roll:

Celtic's b!tch since embitch enter the league :oldlol:

GOBB
01-03-2021, 11:54 AM
All they really don't it's dig themselves a hole that they put themselves in 2 seasons ago by letting all of their shooters go in trying to make 2 bigs work

What shooters did they let go? Jj who overpriced himself and played 0 defense? Marco and Ersan? Quick what teams are they on now. Go ahead and google it. Make sense please

GOBB
01-03-2021, 11:57 AM
Contenders based on what? They haven’t faced anyone yet. They still turn the ball over too much for my liking. They need to upgrade the bench. After Shake, Howard they have no reliable vet role players. If they can get rid of Mike Scott and have a dependable 6-& rotation. They would be alright.

Danny green is ass tho. Best days behind him

ArbitraryWater
01-03-2021, 12:15 PM
I see that too much MJ vs Lebron threads took a toll on some peoples intelligence.
In real world basketball is a team game and great teams can win with variety of players getting huge minutes and playing important roles.

GSW terrorized the league with Draymond Green as their second best player. Toronto won with Kyle Lowry. Spurs with 50 years old Manu. Mavs with aging Jason Terry.

I know it's not fair to ask "MJ vs Lebron" crowd for a sane answer, but you can at least try and pretend you know something about basketball.

no

Proctor
01-03-2021, 02:12 PM
Nope.

Embiid is a better second option, Simmons is a better third, and their bench isn't good enough

GOBB
01-03-2021, 03:08 PM
Nope.

Embiid is a better second option, Simmons is a better third, and their bench isn't good enough

This guy is an idiot. Embiid a second option? Nonsense.

Proctor
01-03-2021, 03:38 PM
This guy is an idiot. Embiid a second option? Nonsense.
https://www.nbcsports.com/sites/rsnunited/files/styles/crop_thumbnail/public/archive/assets_article/philadelphia/2019/11/26/embiid_thumb.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKRIcMJX0AAJO7M?format=jpg&name=small

The only way they'll ever win a championship is if they have a better player than Embiid (a la Harden)...which by default makes him a second option. Sorry pal. Keep on collecting those participation trophies though.

GOBB
01-03-2021, 03:49 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/sites/rsnunited/files/styles/crop_thumbnail/public/archive/assets_article/philadelphia/2019/11/26/embiid_thumb.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKRIcMJX0AAJO7M?format=jpg&name=small

The only way they'll ever win a championship is if they have a better player than Embiid (a la Harden)...which by default makes him a second option. Sorry pal. Keep on collecting those participation trophies though.

James harden has won what? Besides regular season awards. Stop.

26ppg 13rpg 2-3apg is a second option. You don’t know shit about basketball. If Sixers had Brad Beal, Victor O, CJ McCollum they would be as good if it was Harden in their place. So no you don’t need another player better than Embiid. Plus there’s not many players better than Embiid to begin with. Keep posting nonsense my guy

fourkicks44
01-03-2021, 07:10 PM
https://i.gifer.com/2ee8.gif
:roll:

Jasper
01-03-2021, 07:14 PM
did the sixers win any games away from their phila forum ??
I swear that was why they never went any where in the playoffs , couldn't win away from home.
If they land the 4th seed they did good IMO

HBK_Kliq_2
01-03-2021, 07:21 PM
All they have done is pound on horrible eastern conference teams. Clippers beating Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers was more impressive.

GOBB
01-03-2021, 09:32 PM
did the sixers win any games away from their phila forum ??
I swear that was why they never went any where in the playoffs , couldn't win away from home.
If they land the 4th seed they did good IMO

What does it matter when arenas are pretty much empty now?