PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry with 62 points

1987_Lakers
01-04-2021, 12:03 AM
:applause:

Video: Game highlights of Stephen Curry’s 62 points (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=24904)

bison
01-04-2021, 12:04 AM
Welcome home, Dingo :applause:

Indian guy
01-04-2021, 12:08 AM
And it was a complete joy to watch.

His functional athleticism is so underrated. You'll never see him make a list of most athletic PGs, but his combination of quickness, agility and coordination is second to none. He gets past defenders at will.

The guy completely changed basketball. We've seen a lot of worthy imitators over the years, but he'll always be the OG. A true artist.

Gudo
01-04-2021, 12:09 AM
Impressive

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 12:10 AM
Impressive

Yup not a huge fan of steph but gotta give it up. That shit was crazy

CtrlAltDel
01-04-2021, 12:13 AM
Curry needs to go back to his Davidson days and just shoot it up this year with that roster. Not even a top 5 nba player (Durant) can take the face of the Golden State Warriors away from Steph. How’s Durant doing with Kyrie? 3-3.

Wally450
01-04-2021, 12:14 AM
Damn. Gotta check out the highlights of this one. Did he just hit from everywhere on the floor? Or did he catch fire from 3?

HylianNightmare
01-04-2021, 12:15 AM
Curry needs to go back to his Davidson days and just shoot it up this year with that roster.

this. just do your thing steph

CtrlAltDel
01-04-2021, 12:16 AM
Damn. Gotta check out the highlights of this one. Did he just hit from everywhere on the floor? Or did he catch fire from 3?
He went to the free throw line 20 times and got layups, floaters, etc.. 6/15 from threes.

GrayGoat
01-04-2021, 12:17 AM
Damn he did Dame dirty haha well done!

Vragrant
01-04-2021, 12:20 AM
And it was a complete joy to watch.

His functional athleticism is so underrated. You'll never see him make a list of most athletic PGs, but his combination of quickness, agility and coordination is second to none. He gets past defenders at will.

The guy completely changed basketball. We've seen a lot of worthy imitators over the years, but he'll always be the OG. A true artist.

He is obviously not the typical explosive run and jump athlete we usually associate with. Its his secondary athletic traits like reflexes/coordination/vision(spatial recognition) are God tier and second to none.

Curry is a true artist indeed. I’ve been watching the NBA for 30 years, and Steph makes me feel like a kid watching basketball for the first time

Gudo
01-04-2021, 12:20 AM
Yup not a huge fan of steph but gotta give it up. That shit was crazy

Not a big fan either but the shots he made were not exactly easy. Plus he did it from the outside and inside.

Marchesk
01-04-2021, 12:25 AM
Curry bested Lebron's high score.

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 12:34 AM
Look at Curry man—so inspirational!

tanibanana
01-04-2021, 12:42 AM
Another historic night for Curry.

ImKobe
01-04-2021, 12:48 AM
I thought he was a system player :kobe:

Sportal
01-04-2021, 12:48 AM
He went to the free throw line 20 times and got layups, floaters, etc.. 6/15 from threes.

Errrrrrrrr 8/16 from 3... 6/15 was Lollard. Man shoulda kept his mouth shut about Curry.

warriorfan
01-04-2021, 12:50 AM
Errrrrrrrr 8/16 from 3... 6/15 was Lollard. Man shoulda kept his mouth shut about Curry.

When it was time to put it on the table...lil D shriveled.

J Shuttlesworth
01-04-2021, 12:51 AM
Damn, nicely done

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 01:00 AM
Not a big fan either but the shots he made were not exactly easy. Plus he did it from the outside and inside.

Yeah it was fun to watch. When he's got it going like he did tonight there's nobody more exciting to watch. My problem has never actually been with steph it been more with his stans. Steph a great player and seems like a great guy in general

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 01:04 AM
Yeah it was fun to watch. When he's got it going like he did tonight there's nobody more exciting to watch. My problem has never actually been with steph it been more with his stans. Steph a great player and seems like a great guy in general

What is your problem with his "stans"? You know why I talk about Steph? Because I don't see anyone else giving him his due. He should be considered the best player in the league for the past 5 years. Curry is a STRONG all-time great not a weak one like the inferior player. Calling Curry just "the best shooter of all-time" amounts to an insult. But that's all we've been hearing from the media. In an objective media I would have expected best player ever talk. That there still isn't is just ridiculous especially with all the dumb rehashed "debates" that are retread over and over. The media is purposely avoiding the obvious.

Gus Hemmingway
01-04-2021, 01:32 AM
What is your problem with his "stans"? You know why I talk about Steph? Because I don't see anyone else giving him his due. He should be considered the best player in the league for the past 5 years. Curry is a STRONG all-time great not a weak one like the inferior player. Calling Curry just "the best shooter of all-time" amounts to an insult. But that's all we've been hearing from the media. In an objective media I would have expected best player ever talk. That there still isn't is just ridiculous especially with all the dumb rehashed "debates" that are retread over and over. The media is purposely avoiding the obvious.

Lol.. major meltdown.

Relax bud. We’ll give Curry his due when he’s half this good in a game that matters

hold this L
01-04-2021, 01:35 AM
and I took that personally

Axe
01-04-2021, 01:35 AM
0 fmvps and 0 all-defensive teams :cry:

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 01:36 AM
Lol.. major meltdown.

Relax bud. We’ll give Curry his due when he’s half this good in a game that matters

Haters like yourself were hiding under the bed when he won those games. That's the only reason you wouldn't know about them.

light
01-04-2021, 03:23 AM
Damn he did Dame dirty haha well done!

He asked for it.

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 03:38 AM
0 fmvps and 0 all-defensive teams :cry:

Media created awards for media created players and their media created legacies. They are unnecessary for the real article.

Axe
01-04-2021, 03:50 AM
Media created awards for media created players and their media created legacies. They are unnecessary for the real article.
Well, according to your brilliant logic, any award that curry doesn't have in his closet is basically 'media created' but never mind that when he has this award over most active stars today in the league anyway.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKowt34kfCYzxzMXUh2bGoMlu2fSQrf jWhKw&usqp=CAU

Sulico
01-04-2021, 04:53 AM
Steph is my favourite active player in the NBA and I wasn't impressed with this game at all.

I saw games from Steph where he played better and scored 20-30 points.

Steph is at his best when he creates opportunities for his teammates, but it feels like he lost trust in his teammates scoring ability completely. Especially now, when Draymond, who can't score if his life depended on it, is in starting lineup.

Most of 62 felt out of offensive flow and forced just to give his team a chance to compete.

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 05:37 AM
Steph is my favourite active player in the NBA and I wasn't impressed with this game at all.

Steph is at his best when he creates opportunities for his teammates, but it feels like he lost trust in his teammates scoring ability completely. Especially now, when Draymond, who can't score if his life depended on it, is in starting lineup.

Most of 62 felt out of offensive flow and forced just to give his team a chance to compete.

It's still good to know that the offensive floor of this team is someone who at his 2016 peak could theoretically lead the league in offense by taking all the shots and that he still has the juice. Just means there is a higher ceiling to aim for.

light
01-04-2021, 06:43 AM

Are you seriously a Curry fan that's more devoted to the virtue of unselfishness than you are to Steph? An actual Curry fan that will attack Steph Curry for being selfish enough to do something remarkable like score 62 points?

It's hard to believe you're a real person.

On the off chance that you are, I applaud your righteousness.

Sulico
01-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Are you seriously a Curry fan that's more devoted to the virtue of unselfishness than you are to Steph? An actual Curry fan that will attack Steph Curry for being selfish enough to do something remarkable like score 62 points?

It's hard to believe you're a real person.

On the off chance that you are, I applaud your righteousness.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I still love Steph games with sexy box score, just because it brings peoples attention to how good he is. Something I already know and want more people to enjoy.

But that's not why I'm a fan of Steph. I just love unselfish players who would do every little thing possible to win.

That's why Manu Ginobili is my favourite player of all time.

STATUTORY
01-04-2021, 10:05 AM
Curry is routinely disrespected by fans for the simple reason that it's inexplicable to most fans and even other players that someone 6ft3 with no otherworldly athelticism can dominate the game the way he has and literally changed how basketball is played. he's one of the handful of point guards that needed no qualifiers when compared to swingmen or bigman in the greatness discussion

dawsey6
01-04-2021, 10:42 AM
Curry is an OG. A true legend who knows his game inside and out. For all this talk about him "not being atheltic" he has the quickest release and out-of-this-world footwork and body control. One of the best conditioned athletes off-ball, too. He knows how to make the game a nightmare of opponents.

He scored his career-high in point while making 5 less than his career-high in 3s. In a game where he's spurred the rest of the league to shoot more 3s and ignore long 2s, his mid-range game is as sharp as it ever was. And I also don't find it coincidental at all that he did it against Lillard. These dudes know how they get hyped in the media, and Dame played into it and got blown out the building for it.

Some good-*** sauce, Chef.

tpols
01-04-2021, 10:48 AM
just watched the highlights.

For all the haters that say Curry can't drive, he put on an exhibition in slashing and finishing in this game... reverse layups, tear drops, bankers everything.

r0drig0lac
01-04-2021, 11:00 AM
our boy is healthy again

Jasper
01-04-2021, 11:13 AM
just watched the highlights.

For all the haters that say Curry can't drive, he put on an exhibition in slashing and finishing in this game... reverse layups, tear drops, bankers everything.matter of fact I was , but the majority of his game over the last 4 years was strictly behind the arc...
I was not surprised , but shocked he was doing it
As I stated before the season , he could win the scoring title, cause the team has nothing to play for.

Manny98
01-04-2021, 11:23 AM
Curry had a great night

But it's not a coincidence that Draymonds first game back and he leads the Warriors with a team high +22 and Curry has the highest scoring game of his career

Draymonds overall impact on the Warriors success is so underrated even if he's not scoring he's still the most impactful guy on the floor

lilteapot
01-04-2021, 11:34 AM
Dame is always eating his words lol

warriorfan
01-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Curry had a great night

But it's not a coincidence that Draymonds first game back and he leads the Warriors with a team high +22 and Curry has the highest scoring game of his career

Draymonds overall impact on the Warriors success is so underrated even if he's not scoring he's still the most impactful guy on the floor

If you want to get carried away by +/-....

Both Draymond Green and Steph Curry have multiple seasons with higher +/- than LeBron’s best.

Draymond > LeBron in terms of impact?

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 11:54 AM
Curry had a great night

Draymond's overall impact on the Warriors' success was so pronounced last year that they finished last in the league.

It's no coincidence that Draymond's effectivity surges when he is with a great offball scorer like Klay and especially Steph. What many people miss is that Draymond's +/- numbers are more dependent on Curry than the other way around. Curry led the league in +/- for 4 years in a 5 year span and was second behind Draymond in 2016. Do people really think Draymond was the driver of that record 2016 year when he was producing numbers indicating he was possibly a top 10 player?

GrayGoat
01-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Curry >>> MJ on offense

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 12:38 PM

Well that's exactly my problem with his stans. They say shit like he's the best player in the league. He's never been that. Bron has been the best player in the league and it's not close between the 2.

That said i agree he's not just a shooter and i agree he's definitely one of the best in the league. He's probably the most exciting to watch also especially when he has it going.

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 01:02 PM
Well that's exactly my problem with his stans. They say shit like he's the best player in the league. He's never been that. Bron has been the best player in the league and it's not close between the 2.

You see that's my problem with the commonly accepted media narratives. I don't see an objective basis for the conclusion in the results.

Who can claim to have led the team with the regular season wins record? Who can claim to have led the team with the playoffs wins record? Who has a claim to being on the best team of all-time? Who led the championship team with the worst preseason odds of all championship teams to a title? Who turned the franchise that drafted him around? This is the same guy who is the only unanimous MVP in history and a back-to-back MVP winner at that who is the first guy since the 60s able to claim to have led the same franchise to 5 consecutive finals appearances in the tougher conference to boot.

I wouldn't mind people saying they believe the inferior player to be better—but to say "it isn't close" and take that as the final word? No, that's baloney.

There is a conversation at the very least. That people avoid that conversation like the plague indicates to me they're afraid. Media avoids it. People like you avoid it. But it's there in the background and to me it is obvious.

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 01:58 PM
You see that's my problem with the commonly accepted media narratives. I don't see an objective basis for the conclusion in the results.

Who can claim to have led the team with the regular season wins record? Who can claim to have led the team with the playoffs wins record? Who has a claim to being on the best team of all-time? Who led the championship team with the worst preseason odds of all championship teams to a title? Who turned the franchise that drafted him around? This is the same guy who is the only unanimous MVP in history and a back-to-back MVP winner at that who is the first guy since the 60s able to claim to have led the same franchise to 5 consecutive finals appearances in the tougher conference to boot.

I wouldn't mind people saying they believe the inferior player to be better—but to say "it isn't close" and take that as the final word? No, that's baloney.

There is a conversation at the very least. That people avoid that conversation like the plague indicates to me they're afraid. Media avoids it. People like you avoid it. But it's there in the background and to me it is obvious.

So first off the regular season record dosn't mean much when it's followed by an all time choke job. Like pips shirt said "it don't mean a thing without the ring"

As far leading the best team of all time that's also false. The didn't have an argument for that title until kd joined and once he joined he became their best player. He has 2 fmvps to prove it. This isn't debatable.

There's just no argument for steph over bron. Bron has been better in everything. On offense he's been as good or a better scorer and a much better passer. On defense it's not even close. So he's a better scorer, passer rebounder and defender but some how steph is the better player. It dosnt add up.

warriorfan
01-04-2021, 02:07 PM
BronBron23iq

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 02:48 PM
BronBron23iq

Exactly, that's all you can really respond with because everything i said is factual.

insidehoops
01-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Video: Game highlights of Stephen Curry’s 62 points (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=24904)

J Shuttlesworth
01-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Let's be real.

The NBA is much better to watch when Curry is a force to be reckoned with

goozeman
01-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Curry didn't take kindly to Lillard's comments I guess, lol.

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 04:54 PM
Let's be real.

The NBA is much better to watch when Curry is a force to be reckoned with

Can't argue that

tontoz
01-04-2021, 05:22 PM
League pass is free now so i was able to tape the game. Looking forward to the lulz.

DoctorP
01-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Finally! Good to see Curry back.

If he can do this in the playoffs that would be a huge step for him

Stephonit
01-04-2021, 07:18 PM
So first off the regular season record dosn't mean much when it's followed by an all time choke job. Like pips shirt said "it don't mean a thing without the ring"

As far leading the best team of all time that's also false. The didn't have an argument for that title until kd joined and once he joined he became their best player. He has 2 fmvps to prove it. This isn't debatable.

There's just no argument for steph over bron. Bron has been better in everything. On offense he's been as good or a better scorer and a much better passer. On defense it's not even close. So he's a better scorer, passer rebounder and defender but some how steph is the better player. It dosnt add up.

You can say whatever you want about the regular season record but it's still more than the inferior player or anyone else not on the 2016 Warriors won can claim.

But even if we were to disregard that, 67 wins is more wins than any team the inferior was a part of and Curry won the championship with such a team both without KD and then again with KD missing a chunk of the season.

FMVPs mean diddly squat. The same media calling KD and the inferior player better was just promoting the same idea about Lillard. Lillard! You still believe that too?

The inferior player is supposedly better than Curry at everything but for some reason has a hard time winning as much in the same time and dominating in the same degree given relatively the same amount of help. The inferior player is supposedly a better scorer but when in his much longer career has he ever put up 60? Why is the Curry-Draymond pick and roll more iconic than any PnR combo associated with the inferior player even though the inferior player is supposedly a better passer? Because he doesn't stretch defenses from the half court the way Curry does just by being on the floor creating holes throughout the opposing defense which helps Draymond look like just as effective a passer as the inferior player. The inferior player is supposedly a superior defender but has he ever been on a number one defensive team? Maybe he has but I don't remember. With Curry it's been shown you can construct a number one defensive team around him and still retain enough offensive firepower to win championships.

People say Klay is a top shooter and a better defender than Curry. Going by your specious logic it doesn't add up to say Curry is better than Klay. You taking Klay over Steph?

The arguments in favor of the inferior player are built on quicksand.

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 08:32 PM
You can say whatever you want about the regular season record but it's still more than the inferior player or anyone else not on the 2016 Warriors won can claim.

But even if we were to disregard that, 67 wins is more wins than any team the inferior was a part of and Curry won the championship with such a team both without KD and then again with KD missing a chunk of the season.

FMVPs mean diddly squat. The same media calling KD and the inferior player better was just promoting the same idea about Lillard. Lillard! You still believe that too?

The inferior player is supposedly better than Curry at everything but for some reason has a hard time winning as much in the same time and dominating in the same degree given relatively the same amount of help. The inferior player is supposedly a better scorer but when in his much longer career has he ever put up 60? Why is the Curry-Draymond pick and roll more iconic than any PnR combo associated with the inferior player even though the inferior player is supposedly a better passer? Because he doesn't stretch defenses from the half court the way Curry does just by being on the floor creating holes throughout the opposing defense which helps Draymond look like just as effective a passer as the inferior player. The inferior player is supposedly a superior defender but has he ever been on a number one defensive team? Maybe he has but I don't remember. With Curry it's been shown you can construct a number one defensive team around him and still retain enough offensive firepower to win championships.

People say Klay is a top shooter and a better defender than Curry. Going by your specious logic it doesn't add up to say Curry is better than Klay. You taking Klay over Steph?

Ok so fmvp definitely mean more than squat. It's the biggest stage with the most pressure. Regular season dosnt mean shit especially when your one of the best teams in the league. You already know your making playoffs. What do you do when every shot means something? We already know the answer to this when it comes to curry. He has consistently played below his regular season form in these situations. Bron on the other hand has played as good or better.

And curry and the warriors have only won as much as they did because kd made that weak bitch ass move to join them. Warriors and steph are sitting on one asterisk chip otherwise. Dray and the warriors knew this. This is why they went out and got kd.

tontoz
01-04-2021, 09:05 PM
Just got done watching the game. He made that look pretty easy. Those last 2 3s were great trolling. :lol

Gohan
01-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Mvp>>>>>fmvp easily

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 09:28 PM
Mvp>>>>>fmvp easily

How? the fmvp reflects the best players and winners more than the mvp does. Just look at the winners from both.

8Ball
01-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Partially but not really.

Players like Iguodala / Tony Parker / Billups / Cedric Maxwell would never win MVP even if they replayed their careers over 100 times.

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 09:50 PM

Players like Iguodala / Tony Parker / Billups / Cedric Maxwell would never win MVP even if they replayed their careers over 100 times.

For sure. There's more one offs with the fmvp but overall it reflects the better players. Just look at the last 30 years.

Taurus
01-04-2021, 10:13 PM
I like Dame, but he has not accomplished enough to talk as much as he does. Yet another year the Blazers are gonna be playoff fodder.

Good to see Curry back tho, hopefully that puts an end to the Irving best PG arguments that last 1-2 weeks every season.

Gohan
01-05-2021, 12:31 AM
Not really only multiple championship winners that win finals mvp are better than the regular season mvps. I’d rather have a regular season mvp over one finals mvp. Now if we are talking multiple finals mvps then that is a different story. That’s Kobe, Jordan, magic, lebron Duncan stuff and they are better than regular season mvps

DoctorP
01-05-2021, 01:54 AM
Moaaarrrrr!!!!

Axe
01-05-2021, 08:49 AM

What about kawhi

Axe
01-05-2021, 08:50 AM

Everybody knows you're outright trolling at this point. So you should tone down your stanning a bit.

Stephonit
01-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Everybody knows you're outright trolling at this point. So you should tone down your stanning a bit.

You really should get back to the PCTSD therapy thread. You'll only aggravate your condition hearing about the latest Curry news.

Bronbron23
01-05-2021, 03:09 PM
Honestly i'd have no problems if steph stans said shit that was true or arguable. Shit like he's the best shooter ever, he's a top 20 all time, he's the most exciting to watch, he's a top 3 point gaurd all time, stuff like that. Instead they say shit that's not close to being true like he's better than bron, he's the best scorer ever or the pre kd warriors were one of the greatest teams of all time.

hold this L
01-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Honestly i'd have no problems if steph stans said shit that was true or arguable. Shit like he's the best shooter ever, he's a top 20 all time, he's the most exciting to watch, he's a top 3 point gaurd all time, stuff like that. Instead they say shit that's not close to being true like he's better than bron, he's the best scorer ever or the pre kd warriors were one of the greatest teams of all time.
I don't think there is a best ever scorer and if there 1 I wouldn't put Steph #1, but there's an argument he could be one of the tier 1 scorers. Two years ago, teams literally used a high school play to let everyone in his team shoot but make sure that he doesn't, which has never happened before in the history of the sport. Steph is the only player that can be in a team with Lebron and KD, and the other team will gameplan to slow him down instead of the other monsters.

Axe
01-05-2021, 05:03 PM
You really should get back to the PCTSD therapy thread. You'll only aggravate your condition hearing about the latest Curry news.
No klay, no play.

Stephonit
01-05-2021, 05:26 PM

If you had the option to draft one or the other who would you choose? We can all probably guess who you'd choose.

But in real life the Cavaliers drafted one and the Warriors drafted the other. I much prefer the results the Warriors have had.

Frankly to say it isn't arguable is to be blind to what has happened in real life.

Bronbron23
01-05-2021, 05:58 PM
If you had the option to draft one or the other who would you choose? We can all probably guess who you'd choose.

But in real life the Cavaliers drafted one and the Warriors drafted the other. I much prefer the results the Warriors have had.

Frankly to say it isn't arguable is to be blind to what has happened in real life.

There isnt a coach, gm or owner in this world that would take curry over bron. There's absolutely no argument whatsoever for steph. Chips is bron, fmvps is bron, mvps is bron, all nba and first team defense is bron, all stars is bron. Bron also generates way more money and intrigue in the league.

As far as the warriors result it relied heavily on getting kd. That original warriors team led by steph were lucky to win in 15 and they most likely weren't gonna win again. Dray saw it. The warriors gm and owner saw it. Everyone saw it except steph stans.

tontoz
01-05-2021, 06:02 PM
I like Curry but no GM would draft him over Lebron.

Stephonit
01-05-2021, 06:15 PM
There isnt a coach, gm or owner in this world that would take curry over bron.

Depends what is meant by "take". The inferior player was first in his draft while Curry was drafted seventh. If that is what is meant by take then yes. On the other hand if what is meant is whose results would you rather have for the team that drafted him then you'd be silly to prefer the Cavaliers comparatively slim pickings.

There's absolutely no argument whatsoever for steph. Chips is bron, fmvps is bron, mvps is bron, all nba and first team defense is bron, all stars is bron. Aside from the chips, all those other things are media creations designed to increase hype. The inferior player has had more time and has had more hype.

Bron also generates way more money and intrigue in the league. Curry changed the game.

As far as the warriors result it relied heavily on getting kd. That original warriors team led by steph were lucky to win in 15 and they most likely weren't gonna win again. Dray saw it. The warriors gm and owner saw it. Everyone saw it except steph stans. Again more opinion. In this case your opinion on what the opinion of other people might be.

SATAN
01-05-2021, 06:22 PM
Delusional

Stephonit
01-05-2021, 06:22 PM
I like Curry but no GM would draft him over Lebron.

Is that supposed to mean anything though?

1. Ayton 2. Bagley 3. Doncic 4. Jackson Jr. 5. Young

Bronbron23
01-05-2021, 06:47 PM
Depends what is meant by "take". The inferior player was first in his draft while Curry was drafted seventh. If that is what is meant by take then yes. On the other hand if what is meant is whose results would you rather have for the team that drafted him then you'd be silly to prefer the Cavaliers comparatively slim pickings.

Aside from the chips, all those other things are media creations designed to increase hype. The inferior player has had more time and has had more hype.

Curry changed the game.

Again more opinion. In this case your opinion on what the opinion of other people might be.

Come on bruh the media loved steph. If that were true and all those accolades were media driven he'd have alot more than hw did. It's not the media fault that curry sucks on defense. It's not the media fault that he always gets out performed on the biggest stage and it's not the media fault that he's never been the best player in the league.

As far him changing the game that's a nice story but it's not the truth. Truth is the rockets and morey changed the game. He came up with the analytics on why more threes are better and the the rockets were the ones that led the charge in that area. Just look at the numbers. Rockets have led the legue in threes since that. The numbers don't lie. The warriors just did it better is all and made it way more sexy but the reason the league shoots as many threes as they do is because of morey and the rockets.

And last but not least it's not just my opinion that the warriors gm and owner didn't have faith in curry. They went out and got a better player for a reason. That shit actually happened. If the warriors were so dominant and such a dynasty why did they feel the need to go get kd?

Stephonit
01-05-2021, 07:09 PM
And last but not least it's not just my opinion that the warriors gm and owner didn't have faith in curry. They went out and got a better player for a reason. That shit actually happened. If the warriors were so dominant and such a dynasty why did they feel the need to go get kd?

What evidence is there that KD is a better player? People say Curry was lucky for playing with great teammates. KD early on got to play with two future MVPs. In their one head-to-head playoffs encounter it was Curry and the Warriors who emerged victorious.

Why did the Warriors go after KD? Why not? Harrison Barnes was slated to get $25 million for a little more they could snag KD if he agreed. What team wouldn't jump at the chance?

In any event what Warriors management or anyone else for that matter really believes is inconsequential to this discussion. The results are the results. And Curry's are more impressive than just about any other players'.

Bronbron23
01-05-2021, 07:21 PM
What evidence is there that KD is a better player? People say Curry was lucky for playing with great teammates. KD early on got to play with two future MVPs. In there one head-to-head playoffs encounter it was Curry and the Warriors who emerged victorious.

Why did the Warriors go after KD? Why not? Harrison Barnes was slated to get $25 million for a little more they could snag KD if he agreed. What team wouldn't jump at the chance?

In any event what Warriors management or anyone else for that matter really believes is inconsequential to this discussion. The results are the results. And Curry's are more impressive than just about any other players'.

Right so the opinion of the media, experts and even his own teammates, gm and owner dosnt matter but your does?

And yes the results are the results and the results say plenty of players were better. You asked what evidence was there that kd was better but it wouldn't matter because there's tons of evidence that bron is better but you choose to just ignore it.

Stephonit
01-06-2021, 06:45 PM
Right so the opinion of the media, experts and even his own teammates, gm and owner dosnt matter but your does?

And yes the results are the results and the results say plenty of players were better. You asked what evidence was there that kd was better but it wouldn't matter because there's tons of evidence that bron is better but you choose to just ignore it.

A statement backed up with no support. I do not doubt that there is stuff out there to support your argument but you don't even bother to point to it. Deep down you know what I say is true.

Gohan
01-06-2021, 07:15 PM
I don’t care how much the media or curry even says Kd was better. HE is not better than Curry. It’s just like iverson and Carmelo. Carmelo was good but not as good as iverson

Axe
01-06-2021, 07:39 PM
I don’t care how much the media or curry even says Kd was better. HE is not better than Curry. It’s just like iverson and Carmelo. Carmelo was good but not as good as iverson
But curry needed help in order for him to unleash his potential

Stephonit
01-06-2021, 07:47 PM
But curry needed help in order for him to unleash his potential

Preseason championship odds:

2013 Warriors: +15000 (eliminated 2nd round)
1988 Bulls: +5000 (eliminated 2nd round)
2006 Lakers: +2500 (eliminated 1st round)
2006 Cavaliers: +1800 (eliminated 2nd round)

Curry did the same or better than Jordan, Kobe, and the inferior player at longer odds.

Axe
01-06-2021, 07:49 PM
Preseason championship odds:

2013 Warriors: +15000 (eliminated 2nd round)
2008 Bulls: +5000 (eliminated 2nd round)
2006 Lakers: +2500 (eliminated 1st round)
2006 Cavaliers: +1800 (eliminated 2nd round)

Curry did the same or better than Jordan, Kobe, and the inferior player at longer odds.
He didn't do anything significant until steve kerr's rookie season as head coach

Bronbron23
01-06-2021, 08:38 PM
A statement backed up with no support. I do not doubt that there is stuff out there to support your argument but you don't even bother to point to it. Deep down you know what I say is true.

No i actually don't. The original argument was bron being better than steph which there's tons of evidence for, Most of which I highlighted and you just ignored.

As far as kd and steph there's definitely not as much evidence. The best evidence for kd is the the 2 fmvps that he won over steph. The best evidence for steph is his chip in 2015 that he won.

It's definitely close between kd and steph. I side with kd because he's as good offensively but way better on the other end.

Stephonit
01-06-2021, 09:18 PM
No i actually don't. The original argument was bron being better than steph which there's tons of evidence for, Most of which I highlighted and you just ignored.

As far as kd and steph there's definitely not as much evidence. The best evidence for kd is the the 2 fmvps that he won over steph. The best evidence for steph is his chip in 2015 that he won.

It's definitely close between kd and steph. I side with kd because he's as good offensively but way better on the other end.

Tons of evidence for which you highlighted? What did you highlight? What I saw were generalities. Better scorer despite never scoring 60 in a game or anchoring a number one offense? Better defender despite not being in a number one defensive team? Better passer despite not being in as iconic a PnR duo or passing team? Sure but those discretionary stats and awards prove he's better. Smoke and mirrors.

Bronbron23
01-06-2021, 09:56 PM
Tons of evidence for which you highlighted? What did you highlight? What I saw were generalities. Better scorer despite never scoring 60 in a game or anchoring a number one offense? Better defender despite not being in a number one defensive team? Better passer despite not being in as iconic a PnR duo or passing team? Sure but those discretionary stats and awards prove he's better. Smoke and mirrors.

What did i highlight? Literally everything. Scoring, passing, rebounding, chips, MVP's, fmvps, first team defenses, all nba teams. I mean literally everything, it's not even remotely close dude.

Or how about we forget the stats, accolades and chips and just highlight the fact that bron beat steph and made his team go out and get someone better. If that doesn't say it all i don't know what does.

Bruh steph is nice ive never argued how great he is or how exciting he is to watch but you guys really exaggerate steph's greatness. He didn't change the game. Rockets and morey did. The pre kd warriors weren't a dynasty or a goat team. One asterisk chip and an epic chokejob dosn't warrant those titles. Steph is not on the other goats level. Guys like bron and mj have way more of everything. Steph isn't close to those guys and he never will be.

What he is is a top 20 player who will go down as the greatest shooters ever and one of the most exciting players ever to watch That's not a bad thing dude.