PDA

View Full Version : Shaq claims he'da put 45 & 16 on Gobert after 3 quarters.

jayfan
01-04-2021, 02:58 PM
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1346110611659350016

:lol

Bronbron23
01-04-2021, 03:02 PM
He just talking shit. He could put up 30 and 10 in 3 quarters maybe.

tontoz
01-04-2021, 03:21 PM
No team would let Gobert guard Shaq without help.

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2021, 03:24 PM
How many would Shaq give up at the other end when the run the high pick and roll on him?

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2021, 03:29 PM
Rudy Gobert: There is no beef. If people wanna keep speaking negatively about me or keep discrediting what i do it’s on them and all that does is show who they are. (https://*********.com/social/tweets/) I will always be happy for a brother beating the odds. And i’m gonna keep beating the odds.
– via Twitter rudygobert27 (https://twitter.com/rudygobert27)

Class act unlike Shaq

GreatHILL
01-04-2021, 03:38 PM
shaq hates french ppl

rawimpact
01-04-2021, 03:39 PM
shaq hates french ppl

Who doesnt

Shaq probably would drop 45 and 16 on Gobert, but that goes unsaid. No need to check the youngsters... not everyone can be physically gifted as Shaq.

GOBB
01-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Shaq avg 33 & 16 vs Mutombo. Rudy is not a better defender than Mutombo. Refs let Shaq do as he wanted which would hold true vs Rudy. He did 38-16 the finals prior. So Shaq is not far off what he would have done.

GOBB
01-04-2021, 03:46 PM
No team would let Gobert guard Shaq without help.

Sixers tried to double and look what he did vs them in Finals. Outside of Wilt there wasn’t another big man who dominated like Shaq.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-04-2021, 03:51 PM
It's true, he would destroy Gobert 1 on 1 and you would end up feeling sorry for Gobert. Look what Shaq did to Mutombo in the finals. I don't know why Shaq is randomly attacking Gobert though.

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2021, 04:17 PM
It's true, he would destroy Gobert 1 on 1 and you would end up feeling sorry for Gobert. Look what Shaq did to Mutombo in the finals. I don't know why Shaq is randomly attacking Gobert though.

It's not random. Gobert just got a huge contract. Shaq is a douche bag.

BigKobeFan
01-04-2021, 04:42 PM
when you are banging with shaq all game, that jumper gonna be going flat towards the end of the game.

Norcaliblunt
01-04-2021, 05:02 PM
Like duh.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2021, 05:05 PM
How many would Shaq give up at the other end when the run the high pick and roll on him?

Not enough to matter or even be reported while showing Shaqs highlights. Rudy just had 7 points vs Jake Poeltl. I don’t think Shaq would have any trouble sleeping the night before this matchup.

tontoz
01-04-2021, 05:18 PM
I went to a Hawks/Lakers game near courtside when Shaq was with the Lakers. He is so big it is comical and he had some athleticism too. He also had some nice moves around the basket when he couldn't get all the way to the rim.

He was completely dominant in his prime. He does act a bit childish at times not sure what that is about. No reason to punch down on guys.

PP34Deuce
01-04-2021, 05:25 PM
I feel like as players get older they start to see potential bigs entering all time lists and they have to remind us how dominant they are.

Rudy Gobert is not that players so I'm confused why Shaq is sensitive.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-04-2021, 05:51 PM
It's not random. Gobert just got a huge contract. Shaq is a douche bag.

Players always get huge contracts though.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2021, 05:56 PM
I went to a Hawks/Lakers game near courtside when Shaq was with the Lakers. He is so big it is comical and he had some athleticism too. He also had some nice moves around the basket when he couldn't get all the way to the rim.

He was completely dominant in his prime. He does act a bit childish at times not sure what that is about. No reason to punch down on guys.

Shaq is the person who when you see them up close makes you realize most basketball players are just tall. Shaq isn’t tall. Shaq is big. A giant. He makes normal tall players look like undeveloped prospects.

tpols
01-04-2021, 06:06 PM
Skinny types don't really work on Shaq even if they're great defenders.

https://i.gifer.com/IKxf.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DistortedSerpentineCopepod-max-1mb.gif

Although this shit is probably all offensive fouling... Rudy would be in big trouble. :lol

SATAN
01-04-2021, 06:11 PM
What's the context here? Did someone ask him what he would put up or he just put this on social media out of the blue?

It's not exactly the worst thing he could write but it adds to my "Shaq is an insecure asshole" list. Sick of seeing him in advertising at this point. Give the jobs to striving actors, not some terrible actor Freemason billionaire who randomly attacks and exposes his own fragility regularly.

Probably mad that his rookie cards still ain't worth shit compared to other legends.

coin24
01-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Prime Shaq would wipe his ass with goberg

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2021, 06:38 PM
Players always get huge contracts though.

It's the biggest one yet for a center.

Manny98
01-04-2021, 06:50 PM
No one respects Gobert, worst contract in NBA history

GOBB
01-04-2021, 07:05 PM

Shaw been a bully. Nothing new. He likes throwing shots at big men. I mean Rudy isn’t worth $200mil. So that’s ultimately Shaq point which isn’t off base to say. But being the bully he is he has to throw shots. He attacked Dwight Howard a few times as well. Most recently when he won the nba finals

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2021, 07:59 PM
No one respects Gobert, worst contract in NBA history

those that are on a good team and have a job because of Gobert carrying the franchise respect him. One of the best players in the game. Couldn't be the worst contract at any amount. Try a player that's not one of the best players at both ends and has been carrying his team for 6 years

Mitchell makes 24 million dollars less and isn't even one of the top 1 way players in the game. Westbrook makes more than Gobert and I certainly wouldn't want him!

HoopsNY
01-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Everyone is talking about Mutombo like he was 25 and playing in a fair game. The league catered to Shaq, especially after the 2000 season. Shaq's consistent offensive fouls were almost never called, to the point that the league had to rig the series with the Kings to get the Lakers into the finals to save it's crumbling ratings. :lol

Shaq is overrated.

8Ball
01-04-2021, 09:39 PM
Shaq overrated?

He gave the Bulls the D in 1995 and bounced their asses.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2021, 10:19 PM
those that are on a good team and have a job because of Gobert carrying the franchise respect him. One of the best players in the game. Couldn't be the worst contract at any amount. Try a player that's not one of the best players at both ends and has been carrying his team for 6 years

Mitchell makes 24 million dollars less and isn't even one of the top 1 way players in the game. Westbrook makes more than Gobert and I certainly wouldn't want him!

If he and Marcus Camby were on the same team at the same time and had to earn pt with no reputations to go off....it’s like 50/50 on who would start.

Reggie43
01-04-2021, 10:24 PM
Shaq was so good that he sounds mythical to those who never saw him play live or understood his game. He was actually more underrated if anything because he played in the Golden age of Bigmen where his paint protection and individual defense got overshadowed by the Hakeems, Drobs etc as with other parts of his game. You dont hear about how fundamentally sound he was, executing quick moves before the double team comes with no wasted movements, his passing off the triangle etc. Instead people think he was only effective because he was big and got away with offensive fouls lol.

GOBB
01-04-2021, 10:33 PM
Shaq was so good that he sounds mythical to those who never saw him play live or understood his game. He was actually more underrated if anything because he played in the Golden age of Bigmen where his paint protection and individual defense got overshadowed by the Hakeems, Drobs etc as with other parts of his game. You dont hear about how fundamentally sound he was, executing quick moves before the double team comes with no wasted movements, his passing off the triangle etc. Instead people think he was only effective because he was big and got away with offensive fouls lol.

Outside of rim protection he could have been so much better defensively. I think that is where Shaq could have been a much better player than he was. And of course hes top 10 all time so imagine. But i agree his passing was never given more credit. My Sixers played the lakers tough and had chances in games if anyone with two eyes watched the finals and not boxscores. There are key moments where Shaq would get doubled and make a great pass to an open Horry, Fox, Fisher for 3 to stop a Sixers surge, extend a lead late in the game from 3 to 6 etc. His passing was so on point that series at big moments. It's something a guy like Joel Embiid could benefit from. He would be a top 5 player if he could pass. And by pass I mean more than throwing the ball out the post. It's reading a defense. Vision. Knowing when it's coming and who to go too. If you're a low post big and can't pass? You need to check yourself.

JohnMax
01-04-2021, 10:54 PM
There's a reason this bum was swept so many times in his prime. He lacked skills to be a closer because he couldn't shoot freethrows or score outside the restricted area. He masked that weakness by putting on weight so he could overpower defenders easier.

tontoz
01-04-2021, 11:04 PM
There's a reason this bum was swept so many times in his prime. He lacked skills to be a closer because he couldn't shoot freethrows or score outside the restricted area. He masked that weakness by putting on weight so he could overpower defenders easier.

He did put on weight but it wasn't to overpower defenders. It was just a weak work ethic. Conditioning it wasn't his thing.

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2021, 11:10 PM
If he and Marcus Camby were on the same team at the same time and had to earn pt with no reputations to go off....it’s like 50/50 on who would start.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cambyma01.html

the advanced stats sure don't indicate that. Maybe Camby starts based on D. He didn't do it at both ends

HoopsNY
01-05-2021, 12:48 AM
Shaq with a little bit of help (or a whole lot) from the refs and the NBA would certainly do major damage to Gobert. But it's just that, he made his name off of the NBA elevating his peak to what it really was. Shaq's game was fundamentally the same in the mid to late 90s and the 3 peat, but the triangle offense and Kobe made him look better than he actually was. (And the NBA turning a blind eye)

I mean, we have people who think Shaq's performance against 38 year Dikembe Mutombo is some testimony to his peak. Reality is that Shaq got away with every offensive foul in the book while having refs fix call games for LA like they did in the Kings series in '02.

It came to the point that Milwaukee's big 3 alleged that the league was fixing a LA/Philly for the 2001 finals because they didn't want a SA/MIL finals due to low ratings. Those who were around then know what I'm talking about.

2001 Finals - Shaq

33/16/5 with 3.4 Blks on 58%

Shaq vs. Dikembe Head-to-Head 1993-00

22/13/2 with 1.9 Blks on 50%

So much is made of Shaq's peak but context just isn't given.

HoopsNY
01-05-2021, 12:51 AM

He certainly wasn't a bum, but his peak gets him his name without any consideration for how he consistently fouled by throwing his ass and elbows around, things that Wilt Chamberlain even made a note of. Guys couldn't do that from 1950-99. What changed? :confusedshrug:

Reggie43
01-05-2021, 02:12 AM
No way you would think peak Shaq is overrated if your team matched with the Lakers in the playoffs. Coaches were sending double and triple teams on the regular and he still finds ways to beat them and be effective.

Truth of the matter is he could have scored a lot more in his prime but playing within the offense enabled his teams to win more and be succesful.

warriorfan
01-05-2021, 02:23 AM
He certainly wasn't a bum, but his peak gets him his name without any consideration for how he consistently fouled by throwing his ass and elbows around, things that Wilt Chamberlain even made a note of. Guys couldn't do that from 1950-99. What changed? :confusedshrug:

MJ retired and they needed a new face of the league and were willing to bend rules and the integrity of the game to obtain/create one.

Reggie43
01-05-2021, 02:29 AM
If Shaq was reffed fairly he could probably average atleast 45 a game. He was getting fouled insanely hard on the regular and some of those were no calls just because he was strong enough to absorb the contact the refs swallow their whistles. Some of those hits would have easily injured a regular nba player but most people turn a blind eye because nobody liked goliath.