PDA

View Full Version : Durant in quarantine protocol for 7 days because of exposure

Gray GOAT
01-04-2021, 06:56 PM
to a positive COVID-19 case, despite testing negative himself (he already had the virus). He'll miss 4 games, including two big ones against the Sixers and the Jazz. After a slow 3-4 start, this could get a little messy for the Nets.

tpols
01-04-2021, 07:04 PM
More bullshit... literally tests out of it and still has to sit. This is out of hand....

PANTHALASSA
01-04-2021, 07:15 PM
More bullshit... literally tests out of it and still has to sit. This is out of hand....

Dawn of a new era.

Doranku
01-04-2021, 07:16 PM

Didn't KD already have covid too?

HBK_Kliq_2
01-04-2021, 07:17 PM
They already are 3-4 and we all know Irving sucks when he's by himself. Look at Clippers last season, George was injured or playing like crap and Kawhi still held it down and made them a top 3 SRS and top 2 offense. Durant is going to forever regret not signing with Clippers and joining Kawhi. I hope he likes hanging out with Irving because that sounds like the only time he'll be happy with Irving.

tpols
01-04-2021, 07:25 PM
Didn't KD already have covid too?

He had it... tested positive in March. Which means he basically already has "the vaccine"... since antibodies from defeating it are already more potent than any vaccine could ever be, and then tests negative today... and he still has to sit. Every single NBA player that has had it either had no symptoms, or minor ones. We're in an era of insanity.

8Ball
01-04-2021, 07:30 PM

Durant already had the virus and they quarantine him some more?

WTF is this bullshit. He's already immune.

PeroAntic
01-04-2021, 07:31 PM
He had it... tested positive in March. Which means he basically already has "the vaccine"... since antibodies from defeating it are already more potent than any vaccine could ever be, and then tests negative today... and he still has to sit. Every single NBA player that has had it either had no symptoms, or minor ones. We're in an era of insanity.

Dont antibodies last for only half a year or something?

k0kakw0rld
01-04-2021, 07:32 PM
Let the drama begin i'm all for it :oldlol: :D

Gray GOAT
01-04-2021, 07:34 PM
Antibodies do not equal immunity. What is this avalanche of fake news some of you people have fallen in?

tpols
01-04-2021, 07:42 PM
Dont antibodies last for only half a year or something?

Antibodies are the immune system's memory system. Kids used to get smallpox vaccines and be immune for life. They are proteins that stick to perceived foreign invaders, and mark them for death by way of white blood cell. Anybody that's experienced a full fledged infection, has generated an absurd amount of antibodies for the particular enemy. A vaccine is an attempt to give you a "weak" infection to generate these antibodies. A real infection will produce even more. Durant wasn't ever even sick from it despite having the real thing... and now is out while being totally clear in the testing. It's nuts.

scuzzy
01-04-2021, 07:54 PM
Antibodies do not equal immunity. What is this avalanche of fake news some of you people have fallen in?
:lol

Take a brief trip in OTC, just the same few characters on their middle age woke campaign

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2021, 07:56 PM

Trump's twitter account

PeroAntic
01-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Antibodies are the immune system's memory system. Kids used to get smallpox vaccines and be immune for life. They are proteins that stick to perceived foreign invaders, and mark them for death by way of white blood cell. Anybody that's experienced a full fledged infection, has generated an absurd amount of antibodies for the particular enemy. A vaccine is an attempt to give you a "weak" infection to generate these antibodies. A real infection will produce even more. Durant wasn't ever even sick from it despite having the real thing... and now is out while being totally clear in the testing. It's nuts.

That doesn't really answer the question. According to studies you can get sick again, because your antibodies decline after a certain period. Vaccine works the same probably, you will have to take regular shots or sth.

also its not only about Durant, he could infect others and they might not be as resilient as him. Mo Bamba or Christian Wood had really bad cases of it, others too but I cant remember who

PANTHALASSA
01-04-2021, 08:21 PM
That doesn't really answer the question. According to studies you can get sick again, because your antibodies decline after a certain period. Vaccine works the same probably, you will have to take regular shots or sth.

also its not only about Durant, he could infect others and they might not be as resilient as him. Mo Bamba or Christian Wood had really bad cases of it, others too but I cant remember who

Sounds scary.

He’s better off just sitting out the season IMO.

In fact I think he’d even be justified in retiring, in order to slow the spread.

If it saves just one life, we should all become fully and completely subservient to any person or group deemed an expert on teh covids.

I personally will volunteer to be the first slave.

Slavery is always safer.

GrayGoat
01-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Kyrie gunna melt under pressure lolol

PeroAntic
01-04-2021, 08:34 PM
Sounds scary.

He’s better off just sitting out the season IMO.

In fact I think he’d even be justified in retiring, in order to slow the spread.

If it saves just one life, we should all become fully and completely subservient to any person or group deemed an expert on teh covids.

I personally will volunteer to be the first slave.

Slavery is always safer.

From your irony I understand you are a true daredevil. I admire your bravery and courageous resistance to the persons and groups deemed experts on teh covids.

Or as we in the non batshit psycho world call them, scientists.

L.Kizzle
01-04-2021, 08:45 PM
So, something happened after the game I'm assuming? If not don't both teams have to sit out?

PANTHALASSA
01-04-2021, 09:01 PM
From your irony I understand you are a true daredevil. I admire your bravery and courageous resistance to the persons and groups deemed experts on teh covids.

Or as we in the non batshit psycho world call them, scientists.

https://image1.slideserve.com/1867135/science-is-the-belief-in-the-ignorance-of-the-experts-n.jpg

Remember when science expert Al Gore predicted the city of Miami would be underwater by the year 2010, based on scientific modeling of the global warmings?

#Science

I have a feeling you don't know anything ABOUT science.

You're just using it as a justification to succumb to your NATURAL instincts of gullibility, groupthink, fear and obedience.

#Science!

PeroAntic
01-04-2021, 09:40 PM
https://image1.slideserve.com/1867135/science-is-the-belief-in-the-ignorance-of-the-experts-n.jpg

Remember when science expert Al Gore predicted the city of Miami would be underwater by the year 2010, based on scientific modeling of the global warmings?

#Science

You're just using it as a justification to succumb to your NATURAL instincts of gullibility, groupthink, fear and obedience.

#Science!

So smart! Thanks for enlightening me, fearless, independent thinker! youre right, Al Gore was wrong, so yeah, f*ck science, covid is just a flu!

All this debate because a bunch of self entitled basketball viewers can't bear the thought of waiting for Durant to take a one week break as a precaution. Jesus frickin Christ

SATAN
01-04-2021, 09:52 PM

#Science

#Science!

You're a ****ing moron bro.

PANTHALASSA
01-04-2021, 10:14 PM
You're a ****ing moron bro.

Imagine logging into a "SATAN" gimmick account every day to angrily vent real life frustration, and still hardly ever get paid attention to.

Imagine that kind of loneliness and futility.

Imagine.

;)

It's A VC3!!!
01-04-2021, 11:07 PM
This seems illogical to me. KD himself is negative and he had the virus back in May so he has the antibodies for the virus. Because he came in close contact with someone should not result in him missing one week. How does this make any sense? As if the Nets needed another blow to their early season problems. Although this one is just pure craziness...

SATAN
01-04-2021, 11:51 PM
Imagine logging into a "SATAN" gimmick account every day to angrily vent real life frustration, and still hardly ever get paid attention to.

Imagine that kind of loneliness and futility.

Imagine.

;)

I see right through you. You ain't special nor half as smart as you seem to think you are. The number of alts you have here might be a higher number than your IQ. :oldlol:

Overdrive
01-05-2021, 12:22 AM

Generally speaking this is true, but there are different types of vaccines and also different immume reactions. Some infections make you immune for life some for a mere 3 months.

Don't know if tick shots are a thing in the US, but they only last 3 to 5 years.

bladefd
01-05-2021, 01:19 AM
I see right through you. You ain't special nor half as smart as you seem to think you are. The number of alts you have here might be a higher number than your IQ. :oldlol:

I block all his alts every time he posts from a new account.

Lebron23
01-05-2021, 01:22 AM
Trump's twitter account

The guy is stupid. Thank God he is no longer US President.

warriorfan
01-05-2021, 01:26 AM
I block all his alts every time he posts from a new account.

Thanks for sharing.

coin24
01-05-2021, 01:39 AM

Explain that to the morons of the world like bladed and prime..

99.9% recover and most won’t even get symptoms, yet in their pea brains “that’s what makes it so deadly”:lol:facepalm total insanity

Axe
01-05-2021, 02:43 AM
Nets losing streak confirmed

Sportal
01-05-2021, 04:46 AM
People wild on this forum talking like they have any qualifications on any of this. Lol.

ZionDunks
01-07-2021, 04:44 AM
One refreshing thing about this forum is there is a fair degree of level headed posters unlike what I would see on Twitter.

“You can get it twice bro bc Fauci said!”

This policy by the NBA is ludicrous. Collapse your ratings more.

ZionDunks
01-07-2021, 04:44 AM
People wild on this forum talking like they have any qualifications on any of this. Lol.

Any athletes had it twice? I’ll wait