PDA

View Full Version : If Derrick Rose retired today...HOF?

TAZORAC
01-06-2021, 10:57 PM
I would compare him to Hardaway, an ELITE talent, who got hurt, was solid after the injury but was never what he was before.

If Rose retired today, do you think he should be in the hall of fame?

Mcgrady was in a similar situation but he played a little longer then Hardaway and Rose before the injuries. I don't know how many scoring titles Mcgrady had.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2021, 10:58 PM
:roll:

Nike D'Antoni
01-06-2021, 11:01 PM
Well Steve Nash is in HOF, playing no defense his whole career. Just for 2 league MVP.

no NBA MVP has ever NOT made the Basketball Hall of Fame.

k0kakw0rld
01-06-2021, 11:06 PM
NO

SouBeachTalents
01-06-2021, 11:17 PM
Well Steve Nash is in HOF, playing no defense his whole career. Just for 2 league MVP.

Nash was an elite player for a decade, absolutely laughable comparison :lol

PeroAntic
01-07-2021, 12:02 AM
Nash was an elite player for a decade, absolutely laughable comparison :lol

So is Rose, apart from his stint with Lebron.

Smoke117
01-07-2021, 12:34 AM

Rose hasn't been an elite player since 2012.

Nike D'Antoni
01-07-2021, 12:35 AM
well, pro-argument is no NBA MVP has ever NOT made the Basketball Hall of Fame.

so if he doesn't make HOF, he will be the first league MVP to do so.

HylianNightmare
01-07-2021, 12:44 AM
maybe eventually not right away

theballerFKA Ace
01-07-2021, 02:43 AM
So is Rose,

:roll:

It's not Rose's fault he was injured but let's not make him out to be something he clearly isn't. Nash was a made the All-NBA team 7 times. Rose once. Nash led the NBA in assists 5 times. Rose hasn't led the league in anything once. Rose should be in the HOF for his MVP but he hasn't been an elite player for a decade. That's absurd

Axe
01-07-2021, 02:46 AM
He was probably better in his prime but longevity only did so much to take away that prematurely.

light
01-07-2021, 03:24 AM
Every MVP is in the hall.

The question is will Rose be the first not to make it. It's a legitimate question.

If I had to guess I would say that he doesnt get in.

CelticBaller
01-07-2021, 08:10 AM
In China maybe

Gray GOAT
01-07-2021, 09:23 AM

Morons.

tanibanana
01-07-2021, 09:33 AM
Nope. Not enough of almost everything...
Although it is very sad that a MVP, youngest to win it, will not make the Hall.

dankok8
01-07-2021, 11:04 AM
B-Ref has him at 11.9% odds. I think he might not.

It's shame considering what a talent the guy was. Westbrook-like athleticism and style but a lot smarter with the ball. Had essentially a career-ending injury at age 23 and that was it. It sucks... He is Chicago too so to say Bulls fans loved him was an understatement.

Jasper
01-07-2021, 11:11 AM

ditto

PeroAntic
01-07-2021, 11:45 AM
Rose hasn't been an elite player since 2012.

Post injury Rose got close to beating Lebron in 2015. With the Knicks, Wolves and Pistons he averages 18/3/5 on some of the highest efficiency among PGs in the league. Considering how he plays the game and gets those buckets (eye test), together with the stats, hes still elite. Hes a major plus on offense in all these seasons and its the context of great talent in his position in the league that prevented him from being an allstar. He certainly deserved to be and got among the top votes each time.

Beyond all that, how he managed to adapt and reinvent his game after career ending injuries is a reason alone to be in the HOF.

1987_Lakers
01-07-2021, 12:01 PM
He hasn't even cracked 20 ppg since 2012. Has only made one All-NBA Team in his career, his MVP season was one of the worst MVP seasons to date, & has a career 52.6 TS% which is pretty meh.

Rose will not make the hof.

iamgine
01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
He might make it. HOF doesn't have a clear cut criteria. If Drazen Petrovic can make it, why not Rose.

aj1987
01-07-2021, 05:26 PM

Nash is also a 8x All-Star, 8x All-NBA, 5x Assists champ, and 4x 50/40/90 club member. Rose is not even close, accolades wise.

Post injury Rose got close to beating Lebron in 2015. With the Knicks, Wolves and Pistons he averages 18/3/5 on some of the highest efficiency among PGs in the league. Considering how he plays the game and gets those buckets (eye test), together with the stats, hes still elite. Hes a major plus on offense in all these seasons and its the context of great talent in his position in the league that prevented him from being an allstar. He certainly deserved to be and got among the top votes each time.

Beyond all that, how he managed to adapt and reinvent his game after career ending injuries is a reason alone to be in the HOF.
Lol wut? The Bulls lost in 5, moron.

FireDavidKahn
01-07-2021, 05:41 PM
Of course he'll get in, saying otherwise is just hating.

Whether he is deserving is another question. He wont be a 1st timer regardless and IMO hasn't done close enough to earn a HOF career...but he will get in.

Same thing with Dwight. He is a HOF lock but.........meh

Edit: For the record, I'm not a fan of Rose

FireDavidKahn
01-07-2021, 05:42 PM
Nash is also a 8x All-Star, 8x All-NBA, 5x Assists champ, and 4x 50/40/90 club member. Rose is not even close, accolades wise.

To Pero, Rose is the best player that has ever lived.

Axe
01-07-2021, 05:48 PM
The problem with him is that his injuries pretty much took away what made him play at an mvp level and after coming back from resting or rehabilitating in consecutive seasons, he was just a former shadow of his own self, like isaiah thomas was. If he was resilient, then maybe he could be worthy but too bad that isn't the case at all.

TheGoatest
01-07-2021, 06:36 PM
He has to get to 15K career points, at least.
But he is indeed a special case, considering that he is the only MVP where it is even debated whether he's a HOFer.

PeroAntic
01-07-2021, 06:45 PM

They lost in 6 you idiot. and the Bulls were leading 2-1 when Lebron hit a buzzer beating prayer, after which the Bulls were just mentally destroyed in the next two games. If Lebron misses, the Cavs are not coming back from 3-1.

And Rose might not have the advanced stats or the accolades, but his game (still) is so unique and spectacular that it doesn't matter. In terms of aesthetics, few are as good as him. no wonder he still has such a massive fanbase around the world, even after declining. Hes one of the most finessed finishers ever.

L.Kizzle
01-07-2021, 08:50 PM
MVP gets him in.

aj1987
01-07-2021, 11:18 PM
They lost in 6 you idiot. and the Bulls were leading 2-1 when Lebron hit a buzzer beating prayer, after which the Bulls were just mentally destroyed in the next two games. If Lebron misses, the Cavs are not coming back from 3-1.

And Rose might not have the advanced stats or the accolades, but his game (still) is so unique and spectacular that it doesn't matter. In terms of aesthetics, few are as good as him. no wonder he still has such a massive fanbase around the world, even after declining. Hes one of the most finessed finishers ever.

Yep. My bad. If Rose doesn't hit the lucky ass game winner, the Bulls are down 2-1 and they lose in 5.

Rose is trash and always has been. One of the worst MVP's in league history. Deal with it, kid.

Axe
01-08-2021, 03:31 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/3ad9dce232c814b7fe47253dd6b0c8a3/tenor.gif

Sulico
01-08-2021, 06:25 AM
Hell no.
He had 1 great season and 1 good season.

No chips, bad advanced stats. For his career teams are 0.4 points worse when he is on the floor.

He only won 3 playoff series in his life. One against Danny Granger, one against ISO Joe and Josh Smith and one against 23 year old Khris Middleton.

If we take away MVP season from his career, he is middle-of-the-pack bench role-player.

iamgine
01-08-2021, 10:25 AM
Hell no.

No chips, bad advanced stats. For his career teams are 0.4 points worse when he is on the floor.

He only won 3 playoff series in his life. One against Danny Granger, one against ISO Joe and Josh Smith and one against 23 year old Khris Middleton.

If we take away MVP season from his career, he is middle-of-the-pack bench role-player.
There are guys with much worse seasons in the HOF though. These guys never even came close to MVP let alone win one. HOF is really a crapshoot.

SouBeachTalents
01-08-2021, 10:46 AM
The basketball HOF standards are so low you it seems like any all-star caliber player is capable of being voted in. Can a guy who won MVP really be kept out while guys like Jamaal Wilkes are in the HOF?

rawimpact
01-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Considering his college scandal I would hope not. It's the Basketball Hall of Fame which considers pre-NBA performance.

L.Kizzle
01-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Considering his college scandal I would hope not. It's the Basketball Hall of Fame which considers pre-NBA performance.

We're talking about D-Rose not C-Webb.

Clifton
01-08-2021, 01:11 PM
I feel like we think about the HOF the wrong way. We look at the guys who are already in and ask, *should* this guy be in, based on the other people who are in? And that's how you get these ridiculous Antawn Jamison conversations.

Here's how you make the HOF. Given the opportunity, the voters vote you in. They can vote in anyone they want. If you have 30,000 points but nobody wants to vote you in for some reason, you're not a HOFer. If you have 10,000 points but voters want to vote you in, you're in.

Do you want to vote Derrick Rose into the HOF? Does anybody?

In my view, what makes a HOFer is: you were a sufficiently big part of the story of basketball that the HOF would seem incomplete without you. This is not the case with Rose. A guy who's not in yet who ought to be based on this criterion would be Webber.

L.Kizzle
01-08-2021, 01:18 PM
I feel like we think about the HOF the wrong way. We look at the guys who are already in and ask, *should* this guy be in, based on the other people who are in? And that's how you get these ridiculous Antawn Jamison conversations.

Here's how you make the HOF. Given the opportunity, the voters vote you in. They can vote in anyone they want. If you have 30,000 points but nobody wants to vote you in for some reason, you're not a HOFer. If you have 10,000 points but voters want to vote you in, you're in.

Do you want to vote Derrick Rose into the HOF? Does anybody?

In my view, what makes a HOFer is: you were a sufficiently big part of the story of basketball that the HOF would seem incomplete without you. This is not the case with Rose. A guy who's not in yet who ought to be based on this criterion would be Webber.
How can you not have an MVP in the Hall tho. Matters what else he did or didn't do in the league. MVP means you're the best (I know I know, but just go with it) for that one NBA season. He's also the youngest MVP. So no, you can't tell the story of the NBA without the youngest MVP. This isn't Devon Harris we're talking about here.

PeroAntic
01-08-2021, 01:34 PM
In my view, what makes a HOFer is: you were a sufficiently big part of the story of basketball that the HOF would seem incomplete without you.
And Rose who is a global icon and one of the most respected players in the league is not a sufficiently big part? The man was quite literally a phenomenon in his early days, nobody played like him before that. reminds me when the Brazilian Ronaldo appeared in Barcelona in the 90s football. And similar to him Rose somehow remained a spectacular player even after he was physically diminished. If this is not it, I don;t know what is.

getting_old
01-08-2021, 03:00 PM
Yup

but EVERYONE gets in....

Gudo
01-08-2021, 03:39 PM
I dont think he should be. He’s only had a handful of relevent seasons. He hardly played at capacity in most seasons.

Sulico
01-08-2021, 04:26 PM
The basketball HOF standards are so low you it seems like any all-star caliber player is capable of being voted in. Can a guy who won MVP really be kept out while guys like Jamaal Wilkes are in the HOF?

You complain that 4 time NBA champion, 2 time NCAA champion Jamaal Wilkes is in the HOF.

Now imagine if Rose gets in, how low the standart for HOF would be.

GOBB
01-08-2021, 04:30 PM
B-Ref has him at 11.9% odds. I think he might not.

It's shame considering what a talent the guy was. Westbrook-like athleticism and style but a lot smarter with the ball. Had essentially a career-ending injury at age 23 and that was it. It sucks... He is Chicago too so to say Bulls fans loved him was an understatement.

B-ref % for who makes the HOF is flawed. Even with football.

rawimpact
01-08-2021, 04:39 PM
We're talking about D-Rose not C-Webb.

C-Webb had someone take his college admission test too? I never read that story, just the one about being compensated.

L.Kizzle
01-08-2021, 04:40 PM
I dont think he should be. He’s only had a handful of relevent seasons. He hardly played at capacity in most seasons.

Are people like forgetting he has a MVP award under his belt?

L.Kizzle
01-08-2021, 04:42 PM
C-Webb had someone take his college admission test too? I never read that story, just the one about being compensated.

I was joking. Rose is a HoF'er tho.

pandiani17
01-08-2021, 06:15 PM
Are people like forgetting he has a MVP award under his belt?

This. MVP, rookie of the year and was already an all-star by his second season. I don't know whether he will get in or not, but people basically sum up his legacy by mentioning just the MVP, which is not fair.

Axe
01-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Hell no.

How many playoff series do you think t-mac has won in his lifetime career? :confusedshrug:

L.Kizzle
01-08-2021, 08:45 PM
Maurice Stokes is in the HoF for 3 seasons of play.

iamgine
01-08-2021, 09:16 PM

This is an incorrect assumption. We don't ask 'should this guy be in'. We ask 'will this guy be in'.

tanibanana
01-08-2021, 11:24 PM
Considering how short their careers were (Petrovic, Yao, Walton)

Considering how low their prime/peak were (Murphy, Ramsey, Bradley)

I am now considering Rose has what it takes to be included, his MVP season alone, which he reach as as far as ECF makes a solid argument.

Rose is definitely NOT a first ballot HOFer though.

L.Kizzle
01-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Considering how short their careers were (Petrovic, Yao, Walton)

Considering how low their prime/peak were (Murphy, Ramsey, Bradley)

I am now considering Rose has what it takes to be included, his MVP season alone, which he reach as as far as ECF makes a solid argument.

Rose is definitely NOT a first ballot HOFer though.
MVP is the only argument he needs.

GOBB
01-09-2021, 03:06 PM
He’s not getting in because he has an MVP. His accolades are too thin. There’s always exceptions and this will be one of them. Much like every finals MVP winner isn’t in the HOF. It’s such a lazy approach to use when arguing if Rose will make it or not.

L.Kizzle
01-09-2021, 03:23 PM
He’s not getting in because he has an MVP. His accolades are too thin. There’s always exceptions and this will be one of them. Much like every finals MVP winner isn’t in the HOF. It’s such a lazy approach to use when arguing if Rose will make it or not.
Finals MVPs get an award because of a 4-7 game series. Not the same.

There will only be 2 (possibly 3) Finals MVPS not making the Hall. Cedric Maxwell and Iggy. Billups has a great shot tho.

Rose WILL be the exception. Winning MVP (youngest) and beating the odds and returning to the league when he could have retired 7 seasons ago and no one would have batted an eye if he choose so.

GOBB
01-09-2021, 06:18 PM
Finals MVPs get an award because of a 4-7 game series. Not the same.

There will only be 2 (possibly 3) Finals MVPS not making the Hall. Cedric Maxwell and Iggy. Billups has a great shot tho.

Rose WILL be the exception. Winning MVP (youngest) and beating the odds and returning to the league when he could have retired 7 seasons ago and no one would have batted an eye if he choose so.

Again that is not how voting works. This idea that if you win MVP you're a lock is stuff made up by fans like yourself who google how many NBA MVP winners are in the HOF and the answer is "all eligible ones". I'm telling you Derrick Rose will be the guy when the next fan 15-20 years from now searches "How many NBA winners are in the HOF" the answer will be "All but Derrick Rose" has much like when you look up Finals MVP and HOF. Don't tell me its not the same. It is simply because fans are giving LAZY reasonings for why they think a guy gets in. It's like handing in an incomplete paper and getting it returned to you. I'm the teacher that is returning all these papers that try to say if you win MVP you get in because every MVP winner is in. All it tkes is one and Rose is that one. He has absolutely no accolades to go from.

College? 3rd team all american, finals 4 team. No chip. 38-2, most wins in Memphis school history.
International? 2 gold medals
NBA? 3 time all star, Rookie of the Year, MVP, 1st team all nba

That's it. Not a HOF resume at all.

He's not in the top 250 of scoring
He ranks 178 in assists
He's not in the top 250 in steals

He's played more than 60 games 5 times in his 11 (this season would be 12) career. Played more than 70 only 3 times.

So reviewing his basketball career there is nothing amazing outside of his MVP season, his tourney run in college and his journey back to being a quality NBA guard. Not enough for the HOF. Sorry not sorry. I wish more of you lazy fans would actually research his career overall and come with a better argument than win MVP = lock for HOF derrr derrrr derrrr

pandiani17
01-09-2021, 06:36 PM
How many playoff series do you think t-mac has won in his lifetime career? :confusedshrug:

Got 'em.:cheers:

GOBB
01-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Maurice Stokes is in the HoF for 3 seasons of play.

He was inducted in 2004. That's 16 years ago. Do you realize what years he played (college/nba)? Do you even know why he was voted? Nowhere near the same. Once again lazy research and arguments by you dudes.

L.Kizzle
01-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Again that is not how voting works. This idea that if you win MVP you're a lock is stuff made up by fans like yourself who google how many NBA MVP winners are in the HOF and the answer is "all eligible ones". I'm telling you Derrick Rose will be the guy when the next fan 15-20 years from now searches "How many NBA winners are in the HOF" the answer will be "All but Derrick Rose" has much like when you look up Finals MVP and HOF. Don't tell me its not the same. It is simply because fans are giving LAZY reasonings for why they think a guy gets in. It's like handing in an incomplete paper and getting it returned to you. I'm the teacher that is returning all these papers that try to say if you win MVP you get in because every MVP winner is in. All it tkes is one and Rose is that one. He has absolutely no accolades to go from.

College? 3rd team all american, finals 4 team. No chip. 38-2, most wins in Memphis school history.
International? 2 gold medals
NBA? 3 time all star, Rookie of the Year, MVP, 1st team all nba

That's it. Not a HOF resume at all.

He's not in the top 250 of scoring
He ranks 178 in assists
He's not in the top 250 in steals

He's played more than 60 games 5 times in his 11 (this season would be 12) career. Played more than 70 only 3 times.

So reviewing his basketball career there is nothing amazing outside of his MVP season, his tourney run in college and his journey back to being a quality NBA guard. Not enough for the HOF. Sorry not sorry. I wish more of you lazy fans would actually research his career overall and come with a better argument than win MVP = lock for HOF derrr derrrr derrrr
Lol at lazy fan.
MVP is enough. Everything else is extra sauce.

You do know Rose will be a special case. It's not like Rose fell off the map due to laziness like say another Derrick (Coleman) or something to that nature. He had multiple season ending injuries. Came back and still has performed well and is still in the league. Dude could have given up years ago.

L.Kizzle
01-09-2021, 08:37 PM
He was inducted in 2004. That's 16 years ago. Do you realize what years he played (college/nba)? Do you even know why he was voted? Nowhere near the same. Once again lazy research and arguments by you dudes.
Yes, I know who Maurice Stokes is which I why I mentioned him.
Yes, I know why he was inducted... which is also why I mentioned him.
Smh.

CelticBaller
01-09-2021, 09:10 PM
Of course he'll get in, saying otherwise is just hating.

Whether he is deserving is another question. He wont be a 1st timer regardless and IMO hasn't done close enough to earn a HOF career...but he will get in.

Same thing with Dwight. He is a HOF lock but.........meh

Edit: For the record, I'm not a fan of Rose

8× NBA All-Star (2007–2014)
5× All-NBA First Team (2008–2012)
All-NBA Second Team (2014)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2007, 2013)
3× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2009–2011)
4× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009–2012)
NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2008)

Dwight Howard deserves to be in the HOF. He was the best big in a league for half a decade, Rose doesn't even sniff that. Huge difference

Axe
01-09-2021, 09:48 PM
Got 'em.:cheers:
Eazy peazy :cheers:

GOBB
01-09-2021, 11:24 PM
Lol at lazy fan.
MVP is enough. Everything else is extra sauce.

You do know Rose will be a special case. It's not like Rose fell off the map due to laziness like say another Derrick (Coleman) or something to that nature. He had multiple season ending injuries. Came back and still has performed well and is still in the league. Dude could have given up years ago.

No he won't be a special case. And stop cappin you dont know who Maurice Stokes is. You mentioned him because you read it somewhere else and just pocketed it. You have no clue what his impact was on the game of basketball (keyword but watch it go over your head). You also don't know why he was inducted or you would have mentioned it when I asked. Stop capping. Shit makes me cringe.

GOBB
01-09-2021, 11:31 PM
8× NBA All-Star (2007–2014)
5× All-NBA First Team (2008–2012)
All-NBA Second Team (2014)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2007, 2013)
3× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2009–2011)
4× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009–2012)
NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2008)

Dwight Howard deserves to be in the HOF. He was the best big in a league for half a decade, Rose doesn't even sniff that. Huge difference

He ranks 13 all time in rebounds passing Hakeem today. He will pass Unseld in a couple games. And if he plays another year has a chance to be in the top 10 all time rebounds. 716 away (not counting today's game). Barring health of course this season/next. Ranks 13th all time in blocks.

L.Kizzle
01-09-2021, 11:38 PM
No he won't be a special case. And stop cappin you dont know who Maurice Stokes is. You mentioned him because you read it somewhere else and just pocketed it. You have no clue what his impact was on the game of basketball (keyword but watch it go over your head). You also don't know why he was inducted or you would have mentioned it when I asked. Stop capping. Shit makes me cringe.
"Yo, let me stop cappin' on Mo' Stokes dawg. I dead-ass thought you was talkin bout Mo' Cheeks. My bad money, you got it."

Even tho I've probably mentioned him more in the past 15 years here than anyone else.

Thenameless
01-10-2021, 12:14 AM
He'll probably make it because of his one MVP, even though Lebron and Durant were really better during that season.

Thenameless
01-10-2021, 12:21 AM
He ranks 13 all time in rebounds passing Hakeem today. He will pass Unseld in a couple games. And if he plays another year has a chance to be in the top 10 all time rebounds. 716 away (not counting today's game). Barring health of course this season/next. Ranks 13th all time in blocks.

Nice digging there. Those are some seriously good names that he's about to catch and pass. What's cool too is the Howard story. After his prime years, he became a bit of a head case during and after his first stint with the Lakers. He finally learned how to become a "team first guy" last year. Imagine redeeming yourself like that and being rewarded by winning a Championship at the same time.

pandiani17
01-10-2021, 07:51 AM
He'll probably make it because of his one MVP, even though Lebron and Durant were really better during that season.

I've heard many times that type of statements and I don't agree with them. Derrick Rose was a beast in 2011.

Euroleague
01-10-2021, 11:24 AM
No, he hasn't been HOF level for his career. He's just had a few good seasons here and there, other than that one MVP season. And he's not really done much of anything in the playoffs. It's not HOF level.

Euroleague
01-10-2021, 11:25 AM
He might make it. HOF doesn't have a clear cut criteria. If Drazen Petrovic can make it, why not Rose.

Probably because Drazen was a better player, and he had a way better career.

Hey Yo
01-10-2021, 11:26 AM
And Rose is a global icon and one of the most respected players in the league is not a sufficiently big part? The man was quite literally a phenomenon in his early days, nobody played like him before that. reminds me when the Brazilian Ronaldo appeared in Barcelona in the 90s football. And similar to him Rose somehow remained a spectacular player even after he was physically diminished. If this is not it, I don;t know what is.
:roll: :biggums: :roll:

Euroleague
01-10-2021, 11:29 AM

T-Mac was on a Spurs team that made the finals. He was a bench player, but it still counts, and the voters would count it, since being on the team counts for such considerations. Even if you are a bench player.

GOBB
01-10-2021, 11:53 AM
"Yo, let me stop cappin' on Mo' Stokes dawg. I dead-ass thought you was talkin bout Mo' Cheeks. My bad money, you got it."

Even tho I've probably mentioned him more in the past 15 years here than anyone else.

You mentioning him has nothing to do with me asking do you know why he made the HOF.

L.Kizzle
01-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Probably because Drazen was a better player, and he had a way better career.
Derrick Rose will be a special case. Like like Drazen was, just like some guy names Maurice Stokes was, just like Bill Walton was.
That's what y'all not getting.

GOBB
01-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Derrick Rose will be a special case. Like like Drazen was, just like some guy names Maurice Stokes was, just like Bill Walton was.
That's what y'all not getting.

What you’re not getting is the context involved. Shit has me cringing

L.Kizzle
01-10-2021, 12:23 PM
You mentioning him has nothing to do with me asking do you know why he made the HOF.
I know why he's in the Hall. Hell, I starting to think you don't know who the hell he is. You probably googled his name when you seen it posted.

"Who is Maurice Stokes?"

L.Kizzle
01-10-2021, 12:34 PM
What you’re not getting is the context involved. Shit has me cringing
There doesn't need to be context.
This is not a player who had a bunch of All-Star appearances and fell short in the playoffs a few times and some think he's borderline and others think he did enough to get in.
His MVP basically cements his place in the Hall.
What he did before or after is irrelevant (the after actually helps his case, him coming back year after year.)

People keep bringing up his stats like that is gonna keep him out. Only 34 players have won the NBA MVP Award. All eligible winners are in the Hall and it will continue to be that way.

GOBB
01-10-2021, 12:36 PM
I know why he's in the Hall. Hell, I starting to think you don't know who the hell he is. You probably googled his name when you seen it posted.

"Who is Maurice Stokes?"

And yet you refuse to explain HOW he got in. All this typing and still dodging the question at hand. You only know of his name because this argument about HOF with SHORT nba careers came up and he was listed as one of the players who didn’t play long yet made the HOF. That’s a fact. But you’re fully aware of who he was. Right.

Hilarious you mention Drazen when his euro career was well documented and the accolades speak for themselves. Hilarious you mention Bill Walton where he was dominant in college racking up 3 national player of the years, 3 first team all American and 2 national championships.

“Special cases” he says. It’s the basketball Hall of fame not NBA. But you knew this right? Of course. What are “special cases” again? Stop cappin.

GOBB
01-10-2021, 12:39 PM
“Every MVP winners ends up in the HOF”.

Same thing some thought about Finals MVP winners being in the HOF until Cedric Maxwell happened. And years passed where he didn’t make it. Then it happened again with Billups. Now no one uses that argument anymore. Same shit will happen with Derrick Rose.

L.Kizzle
01-10-2021, 12:53 PM
And yet you refuse to explain HOW he got in. All this typing and still dodging the question at hand. You only know of his name because this argument about HOF with SHORT nba careers came up and he was listed as one of the players who didn’t play long yet made the HOF. That’s a fact. But you’re fully aware of who he was. Right.

Hilarious you mention Drazen when his euro career was well documented and the accolades speak for themselves. Hilarious you mention Bill Walton where he was dominant in college racking up 3 national player of the years, 3 first team all American and 2 national championships.

“Special cases” he says. It’s the basketball Hall of fame not NBA. But you knew this right? Of course. What are “special cases” again? Stop cappin.
I'm not sure WHY I have to explain anything because you think I'm pulling players from the 1950s out of my ass just for fun.

And some short career HoF argument list. And I'm supposed to know about this list because ... was it posted here?

Drazen and Walton are in because of special cases. I know about their non-NBA careers. Smh.

And you seriously think I don't know there is no NBA Hall of Fame.
You must have been bored yesterday and wanted to argue with someone. Dude is telling me things like I'm some newbie who just started watching basketball when Steph Curry started hitting 3's for fun. Cool with me.

I will stop cappin.

PS. Please tell me about Wilt Chamberlain. I just heard an announcer mention his name when I was watching the NBA on TNT Doubleheader.
I'll be waiting for that info Mr. Basketball. Thx!

GOBB
01-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Keep avoiding the question. All that text and not saying anything. Hilarious. There is nothing special about those cases. You label it “special” because they got into the HOF without their short NBA careers holding them back. Again more lazy poster crap. Then want to act like you knew it’s not the NBA HOF when you just placed a ton of stock in the MVP award while saying nothing before or after matters. When in reality dudes are voted in based on a body of work from collegiate international professional level. There are special cases but Drazen and Bill aren’t it.

Nice Segway to mention wilt. You’re the type to say wilt played against little white guys. Because that’s the narrative you read and run with. Much like the narrative every nba MVP winner is a LOCK for the HOF. So no mater what happens in life I’ll be here to remind you why else is not in whole waiting for you to answer why Maurice stokes made it to the HOF. Don’t worry regardless of who is in the afterlife first I’ll remind you there as well

L.Kizzle
01-10-2021, 01:16 PM
Keep avoiding the question. All that text and not saying anything. Hilarious. There is nothing special about those cases. You label it “special” because they got into the HOF without their short NBA careers holding them back. Again more lazy poster crap. Then want to act like you knew it’s not the NBA HOF when you just placed a ton of stock in the MVP award while saying nothing before or after matters. When in reality dudes are voted in based on a body of work from collegiate international professional level. There are special cases but Drazen and Bill aren’t it.

Nice Segway to mention wilt. You’re the type to say wilt played against little white guys. Because that’s the narrative you read and run with. Much like the narrative every nba MVP winner is a LOCK for the HOF. So no mater what happens in life I’ll be here to remind you why else is not in whole waiting for you to answer why Maurice stokes made it to the HOF. Don’t worry regardless of who is in the afterlife first I’ll remind you there as well
LMAO, I'm one of the biggest defenders of old school NBA. I've made threads on the Eastern League (you might wanna goggle that buddy, but looks like you're Mr Basketball so I'msure you know what that is) and early black players from the beginning of the NBA and certain Globetrotters.
So, I'm not about to play your little game.

Funny, I've been at ISH for ions (besides the last 3-4 years or so, I just came back when the Bubble started last season) and never really ran into the infamous GOBB. That is until now!

You like to argue a lot don't you? Just a question, not hating or nothing.

GOBB
01-10-2021, 01:26 PM
LMAO, I'm one of the biggest defenders of old school NBA. I've made threads on the Eastern League (you might wanna goggle that buddy, but looks like you're Mr Basketball so I'msure you know what that is) and early black players from the beginning of the NBA and certain Globetrotters.
So, I'm not about to play your little game.

Funny, I've been at ISH for ions (besides the last 3-4 years or so, I just came back when the Bubble started last season) and never really ran into the infamous GOBB. That is until now!

You like to argue a lot don't you? Just a question, not hating or nothing.

I’m an alpha male

PeroAntic
01-10-2021, 03:03 PM
lol @ people thinking that Rose doesn't make the HOF because of stats and accolades. I guarantee he will be there, because youngest MVP, most unlikely return/reinvention, and because, uh you know, hes Derrick ****ing Rose. He has the x factor, the eye test, whatever you call it, unique aesthetics. The guy is a living legend. Few players command as much respect as he does nowadays.

That being said he does need to retire at this point, because this season he has been complete ass and it doesn't seem like he can turn it around and get to the all star level of the last two years.

theballerFKA Ace
01-10-2021, 03:24 PM
uh you know, hes Derrick ****ing Rose. He has the x factor, the eye test, whatever you call it, unique aesthetics. The guy is a living legend. Few players command as much respect as he does nowadays.

I agree he should be in the HOF because of the MVP but man you are over the top. :biggums: