PDA

View Full Version : Clippers early season struggles: worst bench in NBA at-266, defense only No. 23

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 02:21 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Farbod_E/status/1347810031887007745

Clippers starting lineup is now at +32.9 in 110 minutes together this season. 118.8 Offensive Rating and 85.8 Defensive Rating

Starting lineup is giving you goat level offense and playing defense like its ****ing 1999-2004. Unfortunately, the bench has been completely terrible

Luke Kennard can't guard a tree and is disgustingly overpaid. Stop pump faking you bitch.

Morris is a cancer and mailing it in after getting paid

Zubac is a fat lazy turtle. No wonder Lakers dumped you for trash you bum. Should be playing Daniel Oturu over you.

Reggie Jackson shouldn't even be in the NBA

Lou Williams can't guard a tree and can't score anymore either

Nike D'Antoni
01-09-2021, 02:34 PM
I have been saying this. If Tyronn Lue can not figure this shit out with the bench, he got to be sacked.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 03:05 PM
I have been saying this. If Tyronn Lue can not figure this shit out with the bench, he got to be sacked.

These days you don't see stars\starters playing over 35 minutes a game. As you can see, clippers have no choice. When you face playoff teams, the starting lineup needs to play 40 minutes a game. It's also time to move on from the black hole Lou Williams, why did management keep Lou after his bubble antics? dumb mother****ers.

On a more positive note:

- The starting lineup is dominant and that's who will mostly be playing in playoffs
- There is no fans and homecourt doesn't really matter much, just secure a top 3\4 seed and you're good.

FireDavidKahn
01-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Seems like they need a leader.

ThatCoolKid
01-09-2021, 03:33 PM
Kawhi doesn't make his teammates better

FireDavidKahn
01-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Funny...

Out of all the CLippers 5 man lineups who have played at least 10 minutes Kawhi AND George are present in the 2nd worst.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced/?CF=TEAM_ABBREVIATION*E*lac:MIN*GE*10&sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1

.L. Williams, .N. Batum, .P. George, .K. Leonard, .I. Zubac: -45.1 NETRTG

Gray GOAT
01-09-2021, 03:57 PM
No excuses, they're stacked with talent. The fact that Kawhi isn't able to make them mesh is on him. He did NOTHING yesterday when Curry got on his run in the 3rd. Well, other than turning the ball over, that is.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Funny...

Out of all the CLippers 5 man lineups who have played at least 10 minutes Kawhi AND George are present in the 2nd worst.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced/?CF=TEAM_ABBREVIATION*E*lac:MIN*GE*10&sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1

.L. Williams, .N. Batum, .P. George, .K. Leonard, .I. Zubac: -45.1 NETRTG

That's a 10 minute sample size you idiot, literally means nothing.

Clippers starting lineup is now at +32.9 in 110 minutes together this season. 118.8 Offensive Rating and 85.8 Defensive Rating

Read the bold. Literally playing goat level offense and goat level defense.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 03:59 PM
Kawhi doesn't make his teammates better

Learn to read and go back to the 3rd grade. Kawhi is anchoring a starting lineup with goat level offense and goat level defense. 85.8 rating defense is even elite level defense in the early 2000's defensive era.

Gray GOAT
01-09-2021, 04:02 PM
They are also 25th on Cleaning The Glass, which filters out garbage time during blow outs. Thus, their 50 point blow out loss to the Mavericks isn't accounted for to the fullest. 5 games and you're looking at a possible fluke, 10 games and you're starting to see a trend.

https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/league/summary

Gray GOAT
01-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Also something to keep an eye on: the Cleveland Cavaliers are by far the best defensive team in the league and by far the worst offensive team in the league.

Sulico
01-09-2021, 04:10 PM
Nah, it's totally Kawhi.

He have lowest WS/48 since 2013, lowest BPM since 2013, lowest TS% since he entered the NBA, lowest Rebs per 36 since ever, lowest PTS per 36 since 2016, lowest PER since 2015.

He have a lot of assists, but that's because he plays with PG and Batum a lot and they hit absolutely everything right now.

If you were normal human being, you would've noticed that Kawhi plays significantly worse than he used to for the last 5-6 years, and worse than his teammate PG. But since you are lunatic 1 player Stan, you will blame everyone else and ignore the facts.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 04:18 PM
Nah, it's totally Kawhi.

He have lowest WS/48 since 2013, lowest BPM since 2013, lowest TS% since he entered the NBA, lowest Rebs per 36 since ever, lowest PTS per 36 since 2016, lowest PER since 2015.

He have a lot of assists, but that's because he plays with PG and Batum a lot and they hit absolutely everything right now.

If you were normal human being, you would've noticed that Kawhi plays significantly worse than he used to for the last 5-6 years, and worse than his teammate PG. But since you are lunatic 1 player Stan, you will blame everyone else and ignore the facts.

Yeah, that's what raptors fans were telling me as well. They were saying it's all Siakam\Lowry, how is that working out for them?

Lets see the facts on Kawhi's on\off this season:

Kawhi on: 119 offensive rating for clippers, holding teams to 107 offensive rating
Kawhi off: 108 offensive rating for clippers, holding teams to 120 offensive rating

You have down syndrome and need to stop watching basketball.

Sulico
01-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Yeah, that's what raptors fans were telling me as well. They were saying it's all Siakam\Lowry, how is that working out for them?

Lets see the facts on Kawhi's on\off this season:

Kawhi on: 119 offensive rating for clippers, holding teams to 107 offensive rating
Kawhi off: 108 offensive rating for clippers, holding teams to 120 offensive rating

You have down syndrome and need to stop watching basketball.

See, you are not the hardest guy on the planet to predict.

1987_Lakers
01-09-2021, 04:26 PM

Didn't the Raptors and Clippers both get eliminated in the 2nd round next year? Raptors were no joke. When Bron leaves a team you know what happens to them.

Nike D'Antoni
01-09-2021, 04:33 PM
Didn't the Raptors and Clippers both get eliminated in the 2nd round next year? Raptors were no joke. When Bron leaves a team you know what happens to them.

Miami made the finals last year

FireDavidKahn
01-09-2021, 04:34 PM
That's a 10 minute sample size you idiot, literally means nothing.

Read the bold. Literally playing goat level offense and goat level defense.

Oh ok.

The 5 man lineup with the 3rd most minutes has Kawhi in it and has a NETRTG of -12.7

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 04:54 PM

Raptors are a joke this year and they have the championship core of Lowry/Siakam/Vanvleet leading the 29th ranked offense

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 04:55 PM
See, you are not the hardest guy on the planet to predict.

You are not either, just say something incredibly stupid and have no data to back you up.

You either have an intense hate for Kawhi, you're a racist or you have down syndrome. 1 of those three for sure.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Kawhi's championship core Lowry/Vanvleet/Siakam

I want you to tell me how many games raptors have won this season when all 3 are playing.

insidehoops
01-09-2021, 05:29 PM
He isn't calling for roster changes or anything, he's just saying the team needs to improve.

Kawhi Leonard on the team: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=24943 #Clippers #NBA

tpols
01-09-2021, 05:30 PM
I always laugh when guys like lou will or jamal crawford win 6MOY. Go ask any clipper fan what crawford did in the playoffs for them when they had CP3, Blake, and DJ. He was laughably bad. Likewise Lou Will was awful for them in the playoffs last year as well. These chuckers get recognition because they're fancy scorers but they're really a negative for your team. Inefficient and too small and skinny to play defense.

Sulico
01-09-2021, 05:46 PM
You are not either, just say something incredibly stupid and have no data to back you up.

You either have an intense hate for Kawhi, you're a racist or you have down syndrome. 1 of those three for sure.

I gave you the data. By all accounts Kawhi is playing his worst ball in 6 years.

On/Off is good, but that's more of a lineup stat, not individual one. Batum and Beverley have better On/Off numbers than Kawhi for example.

I don't hate Kawhi, I just like truth and objective analytics, and since you always sacrifice those in your quest to glorify your idol, I don't really like you.

SATAN
01-09-2021, 08:04 PM
No Leadership No Chip

SATAN
01-09-2021, 08:06 PM
Leonard ruined the team

Axe
01-09-2021, 09:47 PM
I'm not surprised why that's the case. Ty lue can't lead this team to the finals, no matter how much kawhi plays hard to make that possible.

light
01-09-2021, 10:47 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Farbod_E/status/1347810031887007745

Starting lineup is giving you goat level offense and playing defense like its ****ing 1999-2004. Unfortunately, the bench has been completely terrible

Luke Kennard can't guard a tree and is disgustingly overpaid. Stop pump faking you bitch.

Morris is a cancer and mailing it in after getting paid

Zubac is a fat lazy turtle. No wonder Lakers dumped you for trash you bum. Should be playing Daniel Oturu over you.

Reggie Jackson shouldn't even be in the NBA

Lou Williams can't guard a tree and can't score anymore either

What about Kawhi's leadership?

He couldn't lead flies to a hog lot.

jlip
01-10-2021, 01:37 AM

Miami made the finals last year

This is a ban worthy reply. :facepalm:facepalm

Nike D'Antoni
01-10-2021, 01:39 AM
This is a ban worthy reply. :facepalm:facepalm

So it's only the first year after they leave that count?

jlip
01-10-2021, 01:57 AM
So it's only the first year after they leave that count?

You have to be trolling and could not possibly be serious. I will only engage this level of thinking one time.

By the 2020 playoffs, Lebron had been gone from Miami for six years, which is over half a decade. Since then he had played for two different franchises. There was literally no player who played on the 2014 Heat with Lebron that was even still in the league let alone on the Heat team that made the Finals in 2020 save for Udonis Haslem who is basically an advisor. Lebron had absolutely no connection to that team whatsoever.

Nike D'Antoni
01-10-2021, 02:25 AM
You have to be trolling and could not possibly be serious. I will only engage this level of thinking one time.

By the 2020 playoffs, Lebron had been gone from Miami for six years, which is over half a decade. Since then he had played for two different franchises. There was literally no player who played on the 2014 Heat with Lebron that was even still in the league let alone on the Heat team that made the Finals in 2020 save for Udonis Haslem who is basically an advisor. Lebron had absolutely no connection to that team whatsoever.

I understand.

SATAN
01-10-2021, 03:36 AM
What about Kawhi's leadership?

He couldn't lead flies to a hog lot.

I noticed he copied this thread from Reddit. Nothing wrong with sharing some interesting information but..."Kawhi Leonard when defended by Andrew Wiggins last night in 5:56 matchup minutes: 2 points, 1 assist, 5 turnovers, 1/4 FG, 0/2 3PT" was the thread above the one he copied. :yaohappy:

It's obvious OP has been hard at work setting up the narrative since the start of the season. :oldlol:

:facepalm

coin24
01-10-2021, 06:33 AM
Ty lue is a shit coach, shocker..

Clippers didn’t make the right moves after the bubble meltdown

dirkdiggler41
01-10-2021, 06:38 AM
It's too early to call-out teams on stats. Short preseason and only a few games in. Why don't you guys go hate on the nuggets too. Their are a lottery team.