PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash vs Kyrie Irving

Nike D'Antoni
01-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Who do you take?

Steve Nash - 2 league MVP
Kyrie Irving - 1 championship 1 All-star game MVP

Steve Nash is a better floor general, higher IQ, better passer. Kyrie is more of a shooting guard in point guard body, he is clutch and hits big shots. Kyrie definitely a better scorer.

Defense? it's about who is less bad than the other. Because they both suck on that end.

SouBeachTalents
01-11-2021, 08:18 PM
Steve Nash easily, and that's not even factoring in how cancerous a teammate and injury prone Kyrie is

DoctorP
01-11-2021, 08:20 PM
Oof. I hVe to go with Kyrie because of that clutch three that took out Currys Warriors.

Nash is a more consistent player but kyries peak is higher

Axe
01-11-2021, 08:23 PM
Let's be honest here. Kyrie wasn't all that relevant until king kong came back to ohio nearly 7 years ago..

Gudo
01-11-2021, 08:24 PM
Too much drama and mood swings from kyrie. I’ll pick nash who played with a bloody nose.

LukeWalton
01-11-2021, 08:24 PM
Steve Nash because his name is made up of two masculine names

Kyrie on the other hand is totally feminine

DoctorP
01-11-2021, 08:29 PM
If im a gm and need a franchise player im picking nash no question, esp if dantonis the coach

Nike D'Antoni
01-11-2021, 09:23 PM
https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1=nashst01&player_id2=irvinky01

Head to Head matches.

SouBeachTalents
01-11-2021, 09:28 PM
https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1=nashst01&player_id2=irvinky01

Head to Head matches.
A 3 game sample size with both players years away from their prime? Now that is some pivotal evidence

Nike D'Antoni
01-11-2021, 10:28 PM
A 3 game sample size with both players years away from their prime? Now that is some pivotal evidence

Just threw it out.

Nike D'Antoni
01-12-2021, 01:45 AM
https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kyrie_irving_vs_steve_nash.htm

https://i.postimg.cc/SKTzY3PV/Screen-Shot-2021-01-12-at-12-44-46-AM.png

Axe
01-12-2021, 02:16 AM
https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kyrie_irving_vs_steve_nash.htm

https://i.postimg.cc/SKTzY3PV/Screen-Shot-2021-01-12-at-12-44-46-AM.png
So only roty and a chip uncle drew has over steve huh. Too bad he relies on other players to carry him in the postseason unlike the latter.

highwhey
01-12-2021, 02:25 AM
lol. Nash with LeBron would be a 5 title team.

TheGoatest
01-12-2021, 03:57 AM
Who do you take?

How dare you not add Kyrie's three-point contest winning title to his list of career accomplishments?

light
01-12-2021, 04:05 AM
Who do you take?

Steve Nash is a better floor general, higher IQ, better passer. Kyrie is more of a shooting guard in point guard body, he is clutch and hits big shots. Kyrie definitely a better scorer.

Defense? it's about who is less bad than the other. Because they both suck on that end.

Hmm. Would I be hated if I said Kyrie?

I know that's probably not the popular thing to say, and I'm a big time Kyrie criticizer myself, but Steve Nash is not for me, though I do appreciate his game.

I'll take my chances with the Kobe wannabe. Maybe I can set him straight like a Phil Jackson.

If someone does manage to unlock all of Kyrie's potential and get his mind right then he's the obvious answer over Nash, imo.

Richesly
01-12-2021, 04:17 AM
Nash got it hands down with awareness, playmaking ability, and reliability. I would say Kyrie just edges him as a scorer and thats it.

Plus, Kyrie aint got shit on Nash IQ.

FireDavidKahn
01-12-2021, 08:43 PM
Legion Hoops
@LegionHoops
Steve Nash on if he’s confident that Kyrie Irving will return to the Nets this year: “Sure.” (via
@MikeAScotto
)

:roll:

HBK_Kliq_2
01-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Kyrie has averaged 27PPG in a championship win and hit the biggest shot of the series. I got to go with Irving here.

tpols
01-12-2021, 08:56 PM
Kyrie has a higher peak for a small sample size (like a series or elimination game), but Nash is a way better engine.

This Nets team with prime Nash and Durant and Jarrett Allen would romp to a title just on the basis of Nash running the PnR with both of them and getting everybody involved... there'd be no stopping them. As it stands now, Kyrie and KD will just play iso your turn my turn ball like he did with Bran when they underachieved on their odds and expectations.

DoctorP
01-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Kyrie has a higher peak for a small sample size (like a series or elimination game), but Nash is a way better engine.

This Nets team with prime Nash and Durant and Jarrett Allen would romp to a title just on the basis of Nash running the PnR with both of them and getting everybody involved... there'd be no stopping them. As it stands now, Kyrie and KD will just play iso your turn my turn ball like he did with Bran when they underachieved on their odds and expectations.

Yes but could Nash do it in a system that wasn't Dantonis?

tpols
01-12-2021, 09:04 PM
Yes but could Nash do it in a system that wasn't Dantonis?

Nash led the Suns to the WCF's with Alvin Gentry. And he was 36 years old.

You don't remember this epic moment in trash talk NBA history.

https://basketballunited.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/kobe_bryant_s_tump_tap_on_alvin_gentry.gif

shit still has me rolling he slapped his ass while he tried calling timeout after the dagger.

DoctorP
01-12-2021, 09:06 PM
Nash led the Suns to the WCF's with Alvin Gentry. And he was 36 years old.

You don't remember this epic moment in trash talk NBA history.

https://basketballunited.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/kobe_bryant_s_tump_tap_on_alvin_gentry.gif

shit still has me rolling he slapped his ass while he tried calling timeout after the dagger.

Ha ha true. That was still a system mostly influenced by DAntoni but maybe you're right.

ArbitraryWater
01-12-2021, 09:08 PM

which year did bran and kyrie underachieve? :D

Nike D'Antoni
01-12-2021, 09:42 PM
which year did bran and kyrie underachieve? :D

Maybe in 2015. But Kyrie was injured ECSF, ECF, AND FINALS.

Gudo
01-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Kyrie is much better overall than nash if he has his head right.

aj1987
01-12-2021, 09:50 PM

Then how is it underachieving? Love was out as well.

k0kakw0rld
01-12-2021, 10:07 PM
I'm interested to know what overall means to you.

Shooting = Nash
Passing = Nash
Clutch = Equally good but you can argue Kyrie
defense = Both trash
Leadership = Nash
Awards = Nash

What are we saying?

Marchesk
01-12-2021, 10:32 PM

Nash was winning MVPs over guys like Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, Wade, Duncan, Nowitzski. Tell me which season Kyrie came close to an MVP award.

red1
01-12-2021, 11:32 PM
nash would've won more than one ring with lebron. he was a great shooter that would've feasted with lbj

Axe
01-13-2021, 07:44 AM
The cavs went 2-1 with the hampered lineup before dropping three straight. I think they have a case of winning there if not for injuries that fukked them up.

Nike D'Antoni
01-13-2021, 01:07 PM
Steve Nash would have probably won the title as the man in 2007 if Amare & Boris Diaw didn't get suspended vs Spurs. That Spurs title was a historically huge asterisk.

dankok8
01-13-2021, 04:34 PM

Yes that would be a freaking scary team with Nash instead of Kyrie. I think they could win 70 games no joke because I don't see how you stop a Nash P&R with the current rules.

Nike D'Antoni
11-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Steve Nash

Nike D'Antoni
02-03-2023, 05:43 PM
The answer is still Steve Nash. But if Kyrie wins another ring, moving to Clippers, will be debatable.