PDA

View Full Version : Might as well crown the Nets 2021 Champs

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 05:22 PM
KD, Harden AND Kyrie?

Look, idgaf about potential chemistry issues or offensive "fit". They should absolutely win the championship this year. Kind of another catch-22 for KD in that he will get another ring, but on another ridiculously stacked team.

This team would be like if Kobe/TMac/AI played on the same team.

Nike D'Antoni
01-13-2021, 05:23 PM
Its over. NETS 2021 CHAMPIONS

Manny98
01-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Meh AD & Lebron would absolutely obliterate us inside

Axe
01-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Wow, op is jinxing the nets already. :biggums:

Uncle Drew
01-13-2021, 05:25 PM
Ah, is this OP's classic ''trolling'' again?

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 05:28 PM
No trolling AT ALL. As long as KD, Harden and Kyrie are healthy and covid doesn't stop the playoffs, the Nets will for sure win.

This team isn't as stacked as the 17/18 Warriors, but it's close.

Trollsmasher
01-13-2021, 05:30 PM
bottom 5 defense in the league

not worried

Im Still Ballin
01-13-2021, 05:31 PM
We'll see. The east is no picnic these days...

- Miami
- Philly
- Boston with Kemba coming back
- Milwaukee

I need to see how their defense looks. They lost Jarret Allen, so they're weaker upfront.

Lakers appear to matchup really well with them. Have very good perimeter defensive depth. Talen Horton-Tucker will cause problems for Harden/Kyrie.

I'm not sure how BKN stops AD and LeBron. They don't really have the personnel.

Hard to make a judgement right now.

Nike D'Antoni
Who is double-teaming Harden? Maybe double team Kyrie too? Well, you got Durant open on the other side.

Uncle Drew
No trolling AT ALL. As long as KD, Harden and Kyrie are healthy and covid doesn't stop the playoffs, the Nets will for sure win.

They have no depth, no defense and three of the seven players with a >29% career USG. Yes, nothing could go wrong here. Dynasty!

Mask the Embiid
01-13-2021, 05:32 PM
LeBron has beat better....Lakers in 5 now not 4

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 05:33 PM
Giannis will probably force his way out of Milwaukee in the next 1-2 years too and make a superteam elsewhere.

Make no mistake, the Nets are now the only SUPERTEAM in the NBA.

rawimpact
01-13-2021, 05:34 PM
I got 76ers beating Nets with Embiid having monster numbers

Edit: I forgot DJ was still there

nvm, nets in 4

Wally450
01-13-2021, 05:35 PM
With what bench?

Airupthere
01-13-2021, 05:35 PM
If this truly happens, I can see that the impact of Lebron's collusion blueprint is still alive and well.

Im Still Ballin
01-13-2021, 05:37 PM
With what bench?

I wouldn't sleep on Boston. Both Brown and Tatum have taken the leap into superstardom -- when Kemba gets back, watch out.

rawimpact
01-13-2021, 05:37 PM
If this truly happens, I can see that the impact of Lebron's collusion blueprint is still alive and well.

How? Bron and company took paycuts to formulate a team.

This right here was a legit trade. No collusion

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 05:38 PM
With what bench?

They'll all three play 38-40 minutes per game in the playoffs which is what matters and can take 20+ shots each.

It can easily work because they are ALL elite scorers/shooters from EVERYWHERE on the court.

It's not like those Heat team since Wade/Bron weren't elite SHOOTERS and Bosh isn't nearly the scorer as Harden/KD/Kyrie.

Im Still Ballin
01-13-2021, 05:40 PM
They'll all three play 38-40 minutes per game in the playoffs which is what matters.

No doubt, but one injury and the dam breaks.

Are they sound enough defensively? Is DeAndre Jordan enough at the center position? What other moves will they possibly make? Free agents?

They've got great scoring talent, but defensively? It's a wait-and-see.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-13-2021, 05:41 PM
Harden is still the biggest choker ever in big games. We can't trust him, he will go 1/13 on three pointers in a finals game.

Also having Deandre Jordan at center is a joke

No bench

They are not a lock like warriors were.

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 05:41 PM
Again, This team would be like if Kobe/TMac/AI played on the same team.

No one would think a team like that would lose.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2021, 05:42 PM
Some media are projecting Jeff Green will be their starting center. They might be lottery bound now.

SlickRick
01-13-2021, 05:44 PM

Except Harden is no Kobe, Durant is no TMAC, and Kyrie is no AI.

Axe
01-13-2021, 05:53 PM
Threads like this don't really age well. Speaking of age, kd and harden are above 30 y.o. already.

red1
01-13-2021, 06:03 PM
comrade ckyrie is our only hope now. we need him to trojan horse them because thats the only way they are losing with that much offensive firepower.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-13-2021, 06:07 PM

When has 3 ballhogs (high usage) players on 1 team actually worked? I can't think of one time.

Fedor - Laker
01-13-2021, 06:08 PM
@ OP yea because that worked so well when they were together in OKC. That OKC team had a much deeper team than the current Nets have as well

Airupthere
01-13-2021, 06:10 PM
How? Bron and company took paycuts to formulate a team.

This right here was a legit trade. No collusion

You are right. I shouldn't debase this move to that of Lebron's level. I am thinking more of the idea of "super teams" regarding the comparison. But this is not it as it was not premeditated by harden or KD.

DoctorP
01-13-2021, 06:11 PM
Not yet. Harden is fat and Kyries nuts.

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 06:20 PM
When has 3 ballhogs (high usage) players on 1 team actually worked? I can't think of one time.

They can ALL score off-ball...KD/Harden scored a ton playing with Westbrook and Kyrie scored a ton playing with Lebron.

They don't NEED the ball. High usage trios can work on offense if they are all elite shooters...which is exactly what the Nets have.

I mean, Harden could easily dial back his scoring some and average 10 assists/game.

Nets just need KD/Kyrie to stay healthy...honestly they could end up like a 4-seed in the playoffs due to coasting in the regular season and then end up winning the chip.

Xiao Yao You
01-13-2021, 06:20 PM
Lose Allen and keep Kyrie. Looks like a shit show to me

HBK_Kliq_2
01-13-2021, 06:21 PM
They can ALL score off-ball...KD/Harden scored a ton playing with Westbrook and Kyrie scored a ton playing with Lebron.

They don't NEED the ball. High usage trios can work on offense if they are all elite shooters...which is exactly what the Nets have.

Harden doesn't need the ball hahahhaha prove it. His entire prime disagrees with you.

DoctorP
01-13-2021, 06:31 PM
Lakers still the favorites.
Fanboys excited.

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 06:32 PM
Harden doesn't need the ball hahahhaha prove it. His entire prime disagrees with you.

Can you really not see Harden playing point-guard and averaging like 22/12 while Kyrie/KD play more offball? KD literally has ZERO problems playing off-ball and Kyrie had his best years off-ball with a high usage guy like Lebron.

Hell, Harden THIS year isn't even trying hard and he's averaging over 10 assists a game. He is a GREAT facilitator.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-13-2021, 06:34 PM
Can you really not see Harden playing point-guard and averaging like 22/11 while Kyrie/KD play more offball? KD literally has ZERO problems playing off-ball and Kyrie had his best years off-ball with a high usage guy like Lebron.

Maybe but we'll see. I think Clippers matchup pretty well with them though.

Beverly guards Irving
George guards Harden
Kawhi guards Durant

See ya in the finals.

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 06:35 PM
Maybe but we'll see. I think Clippers matchup pretty well with them though.

Beverly guards Irving
George guards Harden
Kawhi guards Durant

See ya in the finals.

:roll:

Bro you just say bullshit all the time and never accept the massive amount of L's you constantly get, idk why I responded to you

Airupthere
01-13-2021, 06:39 PM
I don't think much of this unproven team. KD is coming from a huge injury, Harden is out of shape and is a headcase. Kyrie is not even playing.

Imagine the superteam that Lebron built with his prime self, prime Wade, and prime Bosh. Take out the competition by teaming up with them.

Axe
01-13-2021, 06:41 PM

Bro you just say bullshit all the time and never accept the massive amount of L's you constantly get, idk why I responded to you
That fool is not a man of his words. He said he'll leave ish once the clippers lost in 2020 wcsf but he still continues to lurk in here like some crazy bitch.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:42 PM
I don't think much of this unproven team. KD is coming from a huge injury, Harden is out of shape and is a headcase. Kyrie is not even playing.

And in a week Kyrie is back and you have 3 guys doing MVP numbers, out of shape or coming off injury or not.

Then what?

And how is Harden a headcase? Lol. Dude never says a peep in the season

Marchesk
01-13-2021, 06:43 PM
Lakers have chemistry and good defense. I'll take that over the firepower of KD/Harden/Kyrie with no defense that would slow Lebron or AD. I'd also take the Clippers over them at this point. Maybe next season if Kyrie is down with being part of a big 3, Harden is in shape, and the Nets can find some interior defense and depth.

I'm not even sure the Nets are a lock to get out of the East. We have to see what they look like playing together for a couple months first. A tough confident team like Miami or Boston could test them in the playoffs, and who knows how the Nets handle it.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-13-2021, 06:45 PM

Beverly has been on 3 different all defensive teams. Paul George is a better all around player then Harden. Kawhi is better then Durant. I don't get how that's bullshit.

DoctorP
01-13-2021, 06:45 PM
Lakers have chemistry and good defense. I'll take that over the firepower of KD/Harden/Kyrie with no defense that would slow Lebron or AD. I'd also take the Clippers over them at this point. Maybe next season if Kyrie is down with being part of a big 3, Harden is in shape, and the Nets can find some interior defense and depth.

I'm not even sure the Nets are a lock to get out of the East. We have to see what they look like playing together for a couple months first. A tough confident team like Miami or Boston could test them in the playoffs, and who knows how the Nets handle it.

I see it similarly.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-13-2021, 06:46 PM
That fool is not a man of his words. He said he'll leave ish once the clippers lost in 2020 wcsf but he still continues to lurk in here like some crazy bitch.

educating low iq posters like yourself.

Dbrog
01-13-2021, 07:07 PM
KD, Harden AND Kyrie?

Look, idgaf about potential chemistry issues or offensive "fit". They should absolutely win the championship this year. Kind of another catch-22 for KD in that he will get another ring, but on another ridiculously stacked team.

Except that each one of Kobe/Tmac/AI could lead a team of nobodies to wins in the playoffs. Not comparable at all IMO and idk why anyone would be scared of KD and Harden. They couldn't win a chip with a much better team than this Nets team. I'm leaving Kyrie out because does anyone seriously think he will even still be in the league after this year? He's on a path to the loonybin my friends. This shit don't work like 2k

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 07:27 PM
Except that each one of Kobe/Tmac/AI could lead a team of nobodies to wins in the playoffs. Not comparable at all IMO and idk why anyone would be scared of KD and Harden. They couldn't win a chip with a much better team than this Nets team. I'm leaving Kyrie out because does anyone seriously think he will even still be in the league after this year? He's on a path to the loonybin my friends. This shit don't work like 2k

What are talking about? T-mac literally couldn't get out of the first round and neither could Kobe when he didn't have Shaq or Pau helping. They didn't carry teams of nobodies in the playoffs. Harden is definitely > Tmac and KD is essentially a taller Kobe but slightly less of a playmaker. Kyrie is basically this generations AI but not quite as good at carrying teams (which won't matter since he is the 3rd option).

Seriously, what are you talking about? You can absolutely compare this team to a combo of Kobe/TMac/AI...take off the nostalgia shades.

Axe
01-13-2021, 08:28 PM
educating low iq posters like yourself.
Lol you're not merely educating anyone in this board because almost everybody thinks you're a pathetic lying jizzrag.

3ball
01-13-2021, 08:30 PM
Agreed

They will 3-peat

This is the most talent we've seen in the 2000's

And all 3 guys are elite shooters (off-ball) and elite iso guys (on-ball), so they fit together and have the most capacity for strategy/chemistry.

People worry about harden but unlike lebron (who isn't an elite shooter from anywhere on the floor), Harden is an elite jumpshooter and therefore has the CAPACITY to play off-the-ball...

And since he won't be the team's best player, he's forced to fall in line.. it's only a problem if he was arguably the best player, which he isn't

Finally, these guys are VETERANS IN THEIR PRIME.. that's the biggest key... For example, 18' lebron probably wins the title in 09' or 15'... 98' Jordan would take the 85' bulls far... etc, etc... So this isn't the baby Thunder from 2012... These guys will crush the league

Mr. Woke
01-13-2021, 08:41 PM
Hopefully the Nets' key players can stay healthy.

You always have to take that into account.

Remember what happened to the Warriors in 2019.

StrongLurk
01-18-2021, 11:05 PM
Harden and KD have been dominant in two games...and they still have Kyrie in the wings? WTF.

Manny98
01-18-2021, 11:09 PM
Wait until Kyrie & The Clax get back

We're unbeatable Lakers have a chance because they have the GOAT but....

https://media.giphy.com/media/IeLkFa3LcxXXWMnEXl/giphy.gif

Gohan
01-19-2021, 12:19 AM
Wait until Kyrie & The Clax get back

We're unbeatable Lakers have a chance because they have the GOAT but....

https://media.giphy.com/media/IeLkFa3LcxXXWMnEXl/giphy.gif

Lakers don’t have iverson

hold this L
01-19-2021, 02:16 AM
I'm still trying to understand how the Rockets gave up one of the best players in the NBA for peanuts. This shit would never happen in soccer.