PDA

View Full Version : NBA once more in ruined stage: 2021- ?

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:21 PM
2019-2020 was nice knowing you.

2017-2018 is back, only in Brooklyn.

KD sure loves teams where he doesn't need to try.

And why did Houston do this? Like they couldn't have gotten something better than Oladipo?

Philly must be fuming.

Shameful of Houston and Indiana. Should have at least gotten someone like Harris, Shamet or Green out of it, if not Dinwiddie or Kyrie.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:22 PM
They didn't even lose Joe Harris....

It's over.

NBA ratings gonna go down soon.

SouBeachTalents
01-13-2021, 06:24 PM
Nah, this team while the title favorite now is not on the level of the Warriors. Durant is coming off a major injury, Harden is a known playoff choker, and Kyrie has lost his god damn mind :oldlol: This team will have major defensive issues and there's only one ball for 3 ball dominant players. Who knows, maybe they run off a couple of titles, but imo they are a much more beatable team than the Warriors were

StrongLurk
01-13-2021, 06:25 PM
Look OP, I'm a big Lebron fan but he is partly responsible for all of this. You can't just ignore this, especially since you are also a Bron fan.

He left in free agency twice to to make two REALLY good teams...and then AD literally quit on the Pelicans and forced his way to LA. All of this resulted in 4 rings for Lebron...but he's not gonna be the ONLY player to do that. KD went to the Warriors SOLELY because of Lebron...and then other stars have seen this and have forced their ways out of undesirable situations to play with other superstars. Harden literally did the same thing AD did last year.

Bron's championship resume has factually lived and died by "player empowerment" which he championed for this new generation after 2010. Now I don't blame Lebron AT ALL for leaving Cleveland which was a total dumpsterfire in his first stint, but Lebron has played on really stacked teams since 2010 except for 2018 and 2019.

DoctorP
01-13-2021, 06:27 PM
Meltdown.
Lakers still the clear favorite.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:27 PM
Nah, this team while the title favorite now is not on the level of the Warriors. Durant is coming off a major injury, Harden is a known playoff choker, and Kyrie has lost his god damn mind :oldlol: This team will have major defensive issues and there's only one ball for 3 ball dominant players. Who knows, maybe they run off a couple of titles, but imo they are a much more beatable team than the Warriors were

First bold:
30/8/6 on 54% shooting - no injury is bothering him. He's as good as ever.
Second bold:
Not the last two years. And definitely not as 2nd or 3rd option with 2 superstars taking weight off of him. Games won't even be close.
Third bold:
Absolute unknown.

Who cares as long as he's playing, which he probably will? Kyrie is the best 3rd option ever, by far. It's not even close. Dude is doing MVP numbers.

They will score seamlessly and run 130+ routinely on teams.

Its not an even match-up.

I'm telling you. The league is done for again.

And its because of teams like Houston and Indiana that allow it to happen. Bystanders, obliging.

SATAN
01-13-2021, 06:28 PM
OP is reacting very weirdly to this recent development.

We will all keep watching basketball. Feel free to **** off to a volley ball forum or something.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:30 PM
Look OP, I'm a big Lebron fan but he is partly responsible for all of this. You can't just ignore this, especially since you are also a Bron fan.

He left in free agency twice to to make two REALLY good teams...and then AD literally quit on the Pelicans and forced his way to LA. All of this resulted in 4 rings for Lebron...but he's not gonna be the ONLY player to do that. KD went to the Warriors SOLELY because of Lebron...and then other stars have seen this and have forced their ways out of undesirable situations to play with other superstars. Harden literally did the same thing AD did last year.

Bron's championship resume has factually lived and died by "player empowerment" which he championed for this new generation after 2010. Now I don't blame Lebron AT ALL for leaving Cleveland which was a total dumpsterfire in his first stint, but Lebron has played on really stacked teams since 2010 except for 2018 and 2019.

Young Kyrie who was never even an all-star and Kevin Love, isnt exactly prime KD and prime Harden. Cavs were level with the Steph/Klay Warriors, OG Durant/Russ Thunder, and Kawhi/LMA/Duncan/etc Spurs. There was nothing lopsided here.

I'll give you Miami, but the team was dogshit beyond that. Its not comparable to Harris/Shamet/DJ/Green/Brown.

And it didnt pan out since Wade declined badly.

This however will turn out very ugly.

Gudo
01-13-2021, 06:31 PM
This is the opposite of what ainge is trying to do in boston which mostly grow the team. Although I feel ainge is too much on the conservative side.

Boston will still compete but this will make it a much tougher path. Not sure how we would guard KD, harden and kyrie at the same time.

Gudo
01-13-2021, 06:32 PM
First bold:
Second bold:
Not the last two years. And definitely not as 2nd or 3rd option with 2 superstars taking weight off of him. Games won't even be close.
Third bold:
Absolute unknown.

Who cares as long as he's playing, which he probably will? Kyrie is the best 3rd option ever, by far. It's not even close. Dude is doing MVP numbers.

And its because of teams like Houston and Indiana that allow it to happen. Bystanders, obliging.

Fair post. I do give lebron a lot of credit for his second cavs tenure. Miami and LA though I feel like he really did call people out to join him.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:32 PM
OP is reacting very weirdly to this recent development.

We will all keep watching basketball. Feel free to **** off to a volley ball forum or something.

Your interest and anyone's will wane exponentially when the outcome of a series and championship becomes nothing but a foregone conclusion.

Its the opposite of what competition should be about.

However team sports have the aspect of handpicking rosters, which in rare circumstances can create these outliers and will lose the sport of its intrigue and level playing field.

Nobody tunes in to see something that is never in doubt.

Thats exactly not why people care for sports and competition.

Anybody can shuffle together an Olympic team. There's no skill or factor of excitement anymore behind that team being the best.

There is nothing to learn from it. Nothing to marvel at.

And definitely nothing to argue over as far as the prospect of best player goes. That will be long out of the window.

Ghost1
01-13-2021, 06:34 PM

And why did Houston do this? Like they couldn't have gotten something better than Oladipo?

Philly must be fuming.

Shameful of Houston and Indiana. Should have at least gotten someone like Harris, Shamet or Green out of it, if not Dinwiddie or Kyrie.

Bobby Marks
@BobbyMarks42

- Players that can’t be traded:

HOU: Wood, Brown, Tate, Cousins and Caboclo.

BKN: Harris, Green and Johnson

PHI: Howard

Uncle Drew
01-13-2021, 06:35 PM
Do you honestly look at this team and the way it's constructed and see an unbeatable juggernaut? They could score 150 points and win by 4. The Lakers are still a better team, who gives a shit about names.

Airupthere
01-13-2021, 06:37 PM
Yeah, Lakers still have depth and experience. We don't know how stable this Nets team is.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:38 PM
Do you honestly look at this team and the way it's constructed and see an unbeatable juggernaut? They could score 150 points and win by 4. The Lakers are still a better team, who gives a shit about names.

Stage of Denial right here.

KD / Harden / Kyrie / Harris / DJ is absolutely OP

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:38 PM
Yeah, Lakers still have depth and experience. We don't know how stable this Nets team is.

What depth to the Lakers have?

Caruso? Morris? Lol

SouBeachTalents
01-13-2021, 06:39 PM
First bold:
Second bold:
Third bold:
Absolute unknown.

Well, we'll have to wait and see bro. Durant's balling now but we'll see if that holds up after the grind of the season and into the playoffs. And Kyrie remains too much of a question mark, plus he's been legitimately incapable of staying healthy ever since leaving Cleveland. Their scoring prowess will be unprecedented but they'll definitely have chemistry issues to work out, who even knows how many games the 3 of them will have under their belt by the time the playoffs start

Uncle Drew
01-13-2021, 06:41 PM

Brother, have you seen DeAndre Jordan play? He can barely walk, he would be completely unplayable in a series against the Lakers. Their center rotation is pathetic. They might have to play Durant at center for very long stretches, and he'd get mauled and killed by Davis, which also opens up every possible lane for LeBron. The Nets, as currently constructed, do not work in my opinion. They are a capable big man away, and given they just sacrificed their entire depth and future, my first guess to be booted off is Kyrie. Lastly, Harden and Kyrie, that might be a dumpster fire waiting to happen. They have 3 of the 7 players with a career USG% higher than 30% on their team. There's only one ball.

J Shuttlesworth
They do have a stacked starting lineup, but there's gonna be so many egos clashing between KD/Harden/Kyrie. If they can actually work it out together, they could be great.

tpols
You're a joke lol... so we can have teams like Kawhi and Paul George, Anthony Davis and Lebron, yet Durant and Harden isn't allowed?

haha... you guys are scared you'll have to actually see a team with multiple superstars instead of Jimmy Butler and role players.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:46 PM
You're a joke lol... so we can have teams like Kawhi and Paul George, Anthony Davis and Lebron, yet Durant and Harden isn't allowed?

haha... you guys are scared you'll have to actually see a team with multiple superstars instead of Jimmy Butler and role players.

No, you're the joke.

You're an intellectually dishonest person.

Conveniently leaving facts out to suit your shitty narratives.

Thought we might not see your face for a week after blaze gave you a drubbing the other day.

You don't even care that the league is going down the shitter with this move because your head space is rented for LeBron and its all about him not winning rings.

Marchesk
01-13-2021, 06:47 PM
They do have a stacked starting lineup, but there's gonna be so many egos clashing between KD/Harden/Kyrie. If they can actually work it out together, they could be great.

I wonder if Nash is up to the job of making it work, or if Phil needs to come out of retirement, lol.

tpols
01-13-2021, 06:47 PM
No, you're the joke.

You're an intellectually dishonest person.

Conveniently leaving facts out to suit your shitty narratives.

Thought we might not see your face for a week after blaze gave you a drubbing the other day.

Wait Kyrie is a star now? I thought he sucked and wasn't even an all star.

Haven't you fellas been saying that for years?

:oldlol:

You are just like your idol mate. A non competitive fraud who only wants an easy path.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2021, 06:49 PM
Lol, why is tpols posting from his high horse? Man just said ''we'' when referring to the Nets. The same way he did about the Lakers not too long ago. No credibility whatsoever. Get lost, chump.

tpols
01-13-2021, 06:50 PM
I actually remember you did this EXACT same thing with the Clippers last year.

Literally word for word you were crying the day after Kawhi came over.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:52 PM
Wait Kyrie is a star now? I thought he sucked and wasn't even an all star.

Haven't you fellas been saying that for years?

:oldlol:

You are just like your idol mate. A non competitive fraud who only wants an easy path.

What?

No one ever said that.

Doing the ol' superduper "I thought _ was _ now he's _?! Haha!" yeah, no one actually said that.

Lakers as a roster were outmatched by many teams last year. Slightly less so this year due to Harrel and Schröder.

It was never unfair though.

You meanwhile hiding behind some competitive facade, even though the Nets just got an easy path by this deck-stacking.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/23/60/65/236065de49186df185973ac4316efd63.jpg

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 06:54 PM

Thats right.

We were lucky they had chemistry issues, poor coaching and choking, which never allowed the over-the-top loadedness to come to fruition.

But no amount of that can deny a Kyrie/Harden/KD + top role players squad and you know it. So I don't think we will get that lucky this time.

tpols
01-13-2021, 06:57 PM
Lakers as a roster were outmatched by many teams last year..

One of the most bold faced lies to be uttered on this site.

Lakers 2020 title odds

+450

Their opponents?

Heat +6000
Blazers +3500
Nuggets +2000
Rockets +700

That's an embarrassing gap. +6000 lmao... that was their Finals opponent.

NBAGOAT
01-13-2021, 07:02 PM
We got agenda vs agenda arguing in here lol. Op you’re vastly underestimating how done deandre is, their defense has worst in the league potential and have very bad depth. Next year is the year the nets will be monsters when dinwiddie comes back and they have 2 exceptions to use for veteran ring chasers. Right now nets are looking at guys like Jamal Crawford for backup pg lol. I would also ask who are all the teams that outmatched the lakers talent wise, it was just the clippers most likely.

As for tpols he has argued for Kyrie over curry multiple times yet now Kyrie isn’t even worth mentioning lol, definitely not arguing in good faith. Bkns top 3 pretty much hasn’t been beat offensively when it comes to talent in nba history. Diminishing returns is an issue but they can all shoot which helps a lot.

SATAN
01-13-2021, 07:03 PM

Lakers 2020 title odds

+450

Their opponents?

Heat +6000
Blazers +3500
Nuggets +2000
Rockets +700

LeBron James is good at basketball.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-13-2021, 07:10 PM
You're relying on Irving's fragile brain and body though. If he goes down, that's it. Irving is physically injury prone and mentally weak as well. I seriously doubt they can make it through the east and then a LA team in finals.

Manny98
01-13-2021, 07:10 PM
I still don't get why people think we're better than the Lakers, we have a lot of flaws

We have the worst center rotation in the league. As of now teams will eat us alive inside

Our bench is meh

The fit on paper is questionable with 3 extremely high usage guys, Harden will have to learn to play without the basketball which he didn't do in Houston

Lakers are still the team to beat in my eyes

Dbrog
01-13-2021, 07:11 PM

On 2k maybe...The irony here is your lord and savior still has a better team. I expect Bron to win another unless he's stopped by the Clips. Then again you gotta do damage control for your boy just in case right? :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 07:23 PM

Lakers 2020 title odds

+450

Their opponents?

Heat +6000
Blazers +3500
Nuggets +2000
Rockets +700

Who cares about title odds?

The Lakers still right now have better odds than the Nets.

Its called the LeBron factor. LeBron makes those odds. What do you think they are without him?

I have a friend who doesnt give af about LeBron and the Lakers, and he hates these news and thinks its shitty for the NBA.

Why do you think that is?

Cause any sane person can see the Nets are disgustingly stacked, completely unproportionally so.

But try to block it out with your shit takes, I know you can for days.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 07:24 PM
I still don't get why people think we're better than the Lakers, we have a lot of flaws

We have the worst center rotation in the league. As of now teams will eat us alive inside

Our bench is meh

The fit on paper is questionable with 3 extremely high usage guys, Harden will have to learn to play without the basketball which he didn't do in Houston

Lakers are still the team to beat in my eyes

bench is meh?

are you nuts?

bench isnt even close to being bad enough (shamet, green) that it would make up for the fact the starting lineup is kyrie / harris / harden / kd / dj, or whatever theyll do with prince

warriorfan
01-13-2021, 07:38 PM

Kyrie when playing with bran, “He SUCKS!”

Kyrie when playing against bran, “This is completely unfair! He’s too good!”

:lol :roll:

Incredible.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2021, 07:46 PM
I mean, if you're really scared of the corpse of DeAndre Jordan and Jeff Green, whom both are borderline unplayable when it matters, I don't know what to tell you. The Nets have, as currently constructed, after a ridiculous reach, two somewhat useful bench players for a playoff series. They need to hit the buy out market desperately.

Axe
01-13-2021, 08:03 PM
There's two goals when this thread was made. The scenario we'll use will be nets vs. lakers in the finals. Because of this trade, someone's trying to make them look stacked af to the point of it being exaggerated and make it seem that the lakers stand no chance whatsoever. Also i just laugh at how there's no faith for bran and the lakers anymore. And if the nets somehow manage to defeat them in the finals, a new narrative will be created, which is about bran losing yet to another stacked team of all-time.

3ball
01-13-2021, 08:07 PM
There's two goals when this thread was made. The scenario we'll use will be nets vs. lakers in the finals. Because of this trade, someone's trying to make them look stacked af to the point of it being exaggerated and make it seem that the lakers stand no chance whatsoever. Also i just laugh at how there's no faith for bran and the lakers anymore. And if the nets somehow manage to defeat them in the finals, a new narrative will be created, which is about bran losing yet to another stacked team of all-time.

Agreed.. everyone will act like Lebron/AD isn't stacking the deck to begin with - that's the problem with lebron's talent-based winning approach (team-hopping) - you can always be outdone and KD has outdone him twice now..

So KD is goat before bran.. that's how lebron's career is ending - falling behind KD's three-peat... :dancin:

It's karma.. just like 2011 when dirk won the organic, 1-star ring that lebron thought was impossible... :roll:... #lebronafool

RRR3
01-13-2021, 08:15 PM
This is ISH, the average IQ is 64. Nets won’t make the finals and you can quote me on that.

Axe
01-13-2021, 08:17 PM
Agreed.. everyone will act like Lebron/AD isn't stacking the deck to begin with - that's the problem with lebron's talent-based winning approach (team-hopping) - you can always be outdone and KD has outdone him twice now..

So KD is goat before bran.. that's how lebron's career is ending - falling behind KD's three-peat... :dancin:

It's karma.. just like 2011 when dirk won the organic, 1-star ring that lebron thought was impossible... :roll:... #lebronafool
Except i never said the lakers were stacked. The championship roster last year had trash bench as some gurus pointed out.

You, otoh, think the warriors are title contenders w/o klay.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2021, 08:18 PM
This is ISH, the average IQ is 64. Nets won’t make the finals and you can quote me on that.

As things currently stand I would 100% agree. They do have room to position themselves as a top two contender in the league however, but they'll be heavily reliant on what other teams do in regards to buy outs.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2021, 08:26 PM

Who are they losing to?

And do you have an example of a team this loaded losing before the finals?

dankok8
01-13-2021, 08:26 PM
OP shouldn't be scared. We'll see how the Nets gel and there's always the issue of filling out the now depleted roster (Allen leaving hurts...) and health. I think Kyrie excepting a 3rd option role could be difficult although I would imagine he okayed this move before it happened. Or perhaps they will trade Kyrie? It's not impossible.

RRR3
01-13-2021, 08:31 PM
Who are they losing to?

And do you have an example of a team this loaded losing before the finals?
I can see them losing to the Heat, Bucks, Sixers or Celtics.

coin24
01-13-2021, 08:35 PM
I can see them losing to the Heat, Bucks, Sixers or Celtics.

Low bball iq right there^^^

Boston and bucks beat themselves, Miami doesn’t have the firepower and Sixers will underachieve like every other year..

3ball
01-13-2021, 08:39 PM
Except i never said the lakers were stacked. The championship roster last year had trash bench as some gurus pointed out.

You, otoh, think the warriors are title contenders w/o klay.

that's the problem with lebron's talent-based winning approach (team-hopping) - you can always be outdone and KD has outdone him twice now..

So KD will pass bran

It's karma.. just like 2011 when dirk won the organic, 1-star ring that lebron thought was impossible... ... #lebronafool

Mr. Woke
01-13-2021, 08:48 PM
Why are some of y'all so melodramatic?

Nothing is guaranteed in the NBA.

I remember lots of folks saying that the Warriors were guaranteed to win in 2019.

Look at how that turned out.

tpols
01-13-2021, 09:08 PM
Who cares about title odds?

Its called the LeBron factor. LeBron makes those odds. What do you think they are without him?

Nope... wrong again.

Lakers title odds in 2019 were +1800.

When AD came over? +450.

Anthony Davis made those title odds. But don't be shook, Lakers have the best odds again this year according to Vegas.

Mauzah
01-13-2021, 11:05 PM
If I were the Nets I would be shopping Kyrie like mad. I don't think any GM is that stupid though.

I wonder if Orlando would go KI for Vuc?

Tobio-Star
01-13-2021, 11:30 PM

Philly must be fuming.

They have no D and no bench. Nothing say that Kyrie wont be traded either