PDA

View Full Version : How does Kyrie feel about being the 3rd option?

2ball
01-14-2021, 12:49 PM
Thoughts?

Kiddlovesnets
01-14-2021, 12:53 PM
We dont know, but as a Nets fan I dont care what he feels now. He left the team and decided randomly that he didnt want to play, the Nets traded for Harden so both the FO and Durant could feel 'safe' about the situation. If he aint happy, we trade him, its that simple.

2ball
01-14-2021, 12:55 PM
We dont know, but as a Nets fan I dont care what he feels now. He left the team and decided randomly that he didnt want to play, the Nets traded for Harden so both the FO and Durant could feel 'safe' about the situation. If he aint happy, we trade him, its that simple.

I think the only reason Kyrie wasn’t included in this trade is because his value is so low right now that teams don’t even bother

jayfan
01-14-2021, 12:57 PM

Lol. Trade him to who?

Marchesk
01-14-2021, 01:12 PM
Lol. Trade him to who?.

Cavs for Love and Allen.

jayfan
01-14-2021, 01:16 PM
Cavs for Love and Allen.

Kyrie is toxic. And he slighted Cleveland on his way out the door after the team appeased his trade demand. Cavs aren't doing that.

Would make a nice trade for the Nets, though.

MaxPlayer
01-14-2021, 01:35 PM
Nets would have to give up picks to get someone to take Kyrie off their hands, and they just traded all their picks, so...

FireDavidKahn
01-14-2021, 01:50 PM
He only had team success when he was the 2nd/3rd option.

Harden and Durant will be the boys who carry the load while Kyrie might hit a big shot every now and then.

jayfan
01-14-2021, 04:12 PM
He only had team success when he was the 2nd/3rd option.

Harden and Durant will be the boys who carry the load while Kyrie might hit a big shot every now and then.

Kyrie's not going for that.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-14-2021, 04:16 PM
Nobody is giving up assets in a trade for Kyrie. Dude was toxic in Boston and look whats he doing in Brooklyn. Just wait till Harden officially join and starts playing with tge team. Tune in for the shiet show.

Axe
01-14-2021, 06:12 PM
The alfred to harden's robin and durant's batman

3ball
01-14-2021, 06:16 PM
The 16' Cavs were the preseason league favorite and won the title with him as 2nd option

So Kyrie at 2nd option was considered league favorite/stacked, so him at 3rd option is lights out guaranteed chip

DoctorP
01-14-2021, 06:18 PM
He will like it because he can act like a bum and skip. Pressure is off.

Manny98
01-14-2021, 06:19 PM
The 16' Cavs were the preseason league favorite and won the title with him as 2nd option

So Kyrie at 2nd option was considered league favorite/stacked, so him at 3rd option is lights out guaranteed chip
So if LeBron pulls off a miracle you admit he is the GOAT?

999Guy
01-14-2021, 06:27 PM

You really aren’t gonna have a good time when LA wins this upcoming title. You don’t even make sense right now.

And the anger in your posts is really leaking out. An angry idiot. All for dickhead Jordan’s career that is impossible to tear down in the minds of like every NBA fan that’s been trained to see him as god. Dummy.

3ball
01-14-2021, 06:28 PM
So if LeBron pulls off a miracle you admit he is the GOAT?

If he somehow beat a healthy Clippers and Nets.... And was the best player and biggest producer while doing it...

then I would consider putting him in my top 5...

But it sounds ludicrous just saying all that because I know it cannot happen - he isn't good enough to fulfill all those requirements.. it's like saying "what if Trump somehow wins the election"

And you must understand that the team-hopping kills his resume to me... completely distorts it.. if he stayed in Cleveland and won a 1-star, organic ring like Dirk did in 2011, it would be easier to assess how good he is.

LoneyROY7
01-14-2021, 06:30 PM
He would "consider" putting him in his top 5, guys.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

What a f*cking clown.

3ball
01-14-2021, 06:32 PM
He would "consider" putting him in his top 5, guys.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

What a f*cking clown.

the team-hopping kills his resume to me... completely distorts it.. if he stayed in Cleveland and won a 1-star, organic ring like Dirk did in 2011, it would be easier to assess how good he is.

But he teamed up with all the best players and won rings that anyone would win.. and he was saved in 2013 - a bounce away from being a 1-4 bum in the Finals

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-14-2021, 06:37 PM
OP is the Skip Bayshiet of ish.

Lebron can win a ring with all scrubs and he will still come up with some nonsense why its a tarnished ring lol. Lebron kicked his dog or something.

aj1987
01-14-2021, 06:38 PM
the team-hopping kills his resume to me... completely distorts it.. if he stayed in Cleveland and won a 1-star, organic ring like Dirk did in 2011, it would be easier to assess how good he is.

But he teamed up with all the best players and won rings that anyone would win.. and he was saved in 2013 - a bounce away from being a 1-4 bum in the Finals

Well, that's a hypothetical, but we know for a FACT that 1-9 was a certified cancerous loser, who couldn't even get a winning record without Pippen. :cheers:

Go play on a freeway. :cheers:

Axe
01-14-2021, 07:28 PM
You really aren’t gonna have a good time when LA wins this upcoming title. You don’t even make sense right now.

And the anger in your posts is really leaking out. An angry idiot. All for dickhead Jordan’s career that is impossible to tear down in the minds of like every NBA fan that’s been trained to see him as god. Dummy.
Stfu, loser. He doesn't give a shit about your opinion anyway so it's useless to convince him.

tpols
01-14-2021, 07:29 PM
He's probably not coming back. The guy is legit nuts.

DoctorP
01-14-2021, 07:31 PM
I respect 3balls opinion. 3balls nuts but he's entitled to his viewpoint.

Jordans the goat anyways. Id pick him over bran. Nothing wrong with second best.

Im so nba'd out
01-14-2021, 08:08 PM
The Ree doesnt do 3rd options...He's either 1st or he's last #rickybobby

light
01-15-2021, 03:10 AM
Thoughts?

He won't be the third option.

Kyrie will not play that.

Harden has the softest personality of the three so his stats will probably suffer the most. Plus, he's new.

light
01-15-2021, 03:18 AM
If he somehow beat a healthy Clippers and Nets.... And was the best player and biggest producer while doing it...

then I would consider putting him in my top 5...

But it sounds ludicrous just saying all that because I know it cannot happen - he isn't good enough to fulfill all those requirements.. it's like saying "what if Trump somehow wins the election"

And you must understand that the team-hopping kills his resume to me... completely distorts it.. if he stayed in Cleveland and won a 1-star, organic ring like Dirk did in 2011, it would be easier to assess how good he is.

You already know LeBron is the GOAT.

You come off as something like a super homophobic closeted gay man.

https://i.imgflip.com/18m9en.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
01-15-2021, 08:11 AM
Lol. Trade him to who?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, as long as he is just unhappy but aint planning to retire already, there are plenty of teams willing to trade for him. He was on fire until he decides to sit out, he has value. Granted we cant expect to get a superstar in return, but its totally possible to get some decent pieces like starter-caliber big men and Wing defenders.

bizil
01-15-2021, 11:24 AM
When I look at KD, Harden, and Kyrie, I'm looking at WHAT SHOULD be the most devastating perimeter trio of ALL TIME!!! When it comes to scoring skillset, KD had the best EVER at the SF. Kyrie has the best EVER at the PG spot. Harden combines shooting, passing, and handles BETTER than any SG ever. All three are alpha dog level scorers. So I look at them as three alpha dog scorers. Nobody should be looked at as a Robin. That's the media playing shit up to get shit started.

If Kyrie plays into that BS, then he's a damn fool! Plus SOMEBODY was going to form another Big 3 at some point. So you might as well stay ahead of the curve and form it yourself. Because a Beal linking up with Bron and AD would be TROUBLE for the rest of the league. Or somebody joining Luka and KP in Dallas would be a problem. So at least the Nets will be equipped for that when it happens in the next year or two.

jlip
01-15-2021, 12:27 PM
I think there is another way to look at the Nets' situation here. I know it was basically a lifetime ago now, and his career and game have totally changed since then, but in OKC, Harden was actually the team's best passer/ facilitator even while coming off the bench. Who knows? Maybe at age 31 and being the only one of the team's "big 3" without a title yet, he may be the one to take a step back and be the third scoring option while playing more of a pass first/ facilitating role. I could see Harden being a 20ppg 7-8apg player if Kyrie even comes back.

Uncle Drew
01-15-2021, 12:42 PM
Just the ban hammer on him already, kblaze. 3ball needs saving from himself.

bizil
01-15-2021, 01:15 PM
I think there is another way to look at the Nets' situation here. I know it was basically a lifetime ago now, and his career and game have totally changed since then, but in OKC, Harden was actually the team's best passer/ facilitator even while coming off the bench. Who knows? Maybe at age 31 and being the only one of the team's "big 3" without a title yet, he may be the one to take a step back and be the third scoring option while playing more of a pass first/ facilitating role. I could see Harden being a 20ppg 7-8apg player if Kyrie even comes back.

Great point! Harden was the team's best floor general in OKC. And as we've seen, he's become one of the top 3 passing SG's of all time. Hell you could make the case he's the best passing SG of all time. So for me, maybe Harden should be the PG and let Kyrie run the SG. EVEN IF Harden is the 3rd leading scorer on the team, EVERYBODY knows he's actually the 2nd best player on the team.

Airupthere
01-15-2021, 02:28 PM
This is the first time that kyrie will not have to be the first option in his whole career. I don't think he'll take it well.

pandiani17
01-15-2021, 04:02 PM

You never give up, do you?:facepalm

trada7029
01-15-2021, 04:16 PM

The Cavs were preseason favorites in 16'..... 15' too

It's because Kyrie was all-star MVP in 14', while Klay was 1st time all-star in 15'..

so Kyrie and Love (all-nba) were considered better than Klay.. the Cavs had the better talent, but an inferior brand/strategy/teamwork (aka ball-dominance, less team assists)

Kiddlovesnets
01-15-2021, 05:01 PM

He has a point though, Lebron's team was pre-season favorites from 2011 to 2016 and he only won 3 out of these 6 times.

aj1987
01-15-2021, 05:06 PM
The Cavs were preseason favorites in 16'..... 15' too

It's because Kyrie was all-star MVP in 14', while Klay was 1st time all-star in 15'..

so Kyrie and Love (all-nba) were considered better than Klay.. the Cavs had the better talent, but an inferior brand/strategy/teamwork (aka ball-dominance, less team assists)

1-9 never had a winning record without Pippen. That's a fact.