PDA

View Full Version : Clippers lost by 50 without Kawhi and hes still leading them to the GOAT offense

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 01:22 PM
Clippers offensive rating this season is 118. That ranks 1st this season and 1st in NBA history. How the hell is Kawhi doing this despite the team getting blown out by 50 points without him? So what would be their offensive rating if Kawhi played in that Mavs game? 121?

Kawhi is clearly the MVP this sesson. Leading the greatest offensive of all time and he has Beverly at point guard Hahahahah

1987_Lakers
01-16-2021, 01:30 PM
The Lakers stlll have a better record and LeBron is an early MVP favorite.

Meanwhile "DPOY" Kwahi is leading the Clippers to the 25th ranked defense.

coined
01-16-2021, 01:34 PM

not true https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/team/_/view/opponent/table/offensive/sort/avgPoints/dir/desc

they are 12th in points allowed. Clippers problem is they are jump shooting team. No scoring in paint. Not defense.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 01:37 PM

80 offensive rating vs Dallas mavericks and lose by 50 points when kawhi doesn't play.

Greatest offensive rating in NBA history for the season.

Explain yourself.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 01:39 PM
not true https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/team/_/view/opponent/table/offensive/sort/avgPoints/dir/desc

they are 12th in points allowed. Clippers problem is they are jump shooting team. No scoring in paint. Not defense.

Clippers play at an extremely slow pace, like 28th ranked pace. That's why they don't allow that many points. The actual FG% they are allowing is not good though. But who gives a shit when you have the greatest offensive of all time? Kawhi/george can lock in defensively when it counts.

1987_Lakers
01-16-2021, 01:39 PM

They are 12th in points allowed because the Clippers are 28th in pace, teams score on them easily as evident by the 47 FG% defense and they are #25 in DRTG, Zubac has been pretty bad on that end this year, glad we have Gasol instead of that bum.

1987_Lakers
01-16-2021, 01:47 PM
80 offensive rating vs Dallas mavericks and lose by 50 points when kawhi doesn't play.

Greatest offensive rating in NBA history for the season.

Explain yourself.

explain the 3-1 choke.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 02:49 PM
They are 12th in points allowed because the Clippers are 28th in pace, teams score on them easily as evident by the 47 FG% defense and they are #25 in DRTG, Zubac has been pretty bad on that end this year, glad we have Gasol instead of that bum.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/2021.html

Clippers are still 6th in net rating this season. You take away that 50 point loss to mavs when Kawhi didn't play? They would be 5th or top 3. Play a little better defense as the season goes and they are the best team in the league. That's what happens when you have the GOAT offense.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 02:51 PM
explain the 3-1 choke.

Wing players take longer to gain chemistry with each other. Go ask Lebron\Wade after Jason Terry outplayed them. So Kawhi\George getting 6 games in the bubble before playoffs? That's not long enough. Also Paul George used to date Doc Rivers daughter and cheated on her, so George\Doc hated each other. Would you want to win a championship with a guy who cheated on your daughter?

1987_Lakers
01-16-2021, 02:56 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/2021.html

Clippers are still 6th in net rating this season. You take away that 50 point loss to mavs when Kawhi didn't play? They would be 5th or top 3. Play a little better defense as the season goes and they are the best team in the league. That's what happens when you have the GOAT offense.

And the Lakers are 1st in net rating with the #1 defense. Good luck playing better defense as the year goes on, Ibaka has always been overrated defensively, Kawhi & George stopped caring about defense years ago, and Tyronn Lue is a known atrocious defensive coach.

RRR3
01-16-2021, 03:05 PM
OP still doesn’t get it. No one takes KaClonk seriously after he KaChoked a 3-1 lead to 7 foot Brian Windhorst and KaBricked his way to a disgusting 6-22 performance in the final game, including 1-11 in the second half.

NBAGOAT
01-16-2021, 03:13 PM
Paul George is the one leading them right now

Uncle Drew
01-16-2021, 03:15 PM
What sort of autistic specimen does it take to like Kawhi Leonard? I have never heard anyone say Leonard is their favorite player. I mean, if someone wants to like or hate LeBron, Durant, Kobe or Jordan: be my guest. These guys at least have a personality to be either liked or hated. Kawhi Leonard? I honestly could not tell you what he sounds like. Does he even have a voice?

While no one would dare dispute he is a top ten, perhaps, with some luck and some less load management, even top five, he is also the most boring player c.q. personality, perhaps, ever...? This is proven evident by the fact that he is held to a somewhat different standard. LeBron or Kobe would get slaughtered for his, let's call them ''manoeuvres''. Quitting on teams, missing crucial free throws in a close out game, holding franchises hostage, faking injuries and proven guilty to tampering and no one seems to care. Why? Because he doesn't matter.

Just my two cents.

J Shuttlesworth
01-16-2021, 03:20 PM
What sort of autistic specimen does it take to like Kawhi Leonard? I have never heard anyone say Leonard is their favorite player. I mean, if someone wants to like or hate LeBron, Durant, Kobe or Jordan: be my guest. These guys at least have a personality to be either liked or hated. Kawhi Leonard? I honestly could not tell you what he sounds like. Does he even have a voice?

While no one would dare dispute he is a top ten, perhaps, with some luck and some less load management, even top five, he is also the most boring player c.q. personality, perhaps, ever...? This is proven evident by the fact that he is held to a somewhat different standard. LeBron or Kobe would get slaughtered for his, let's call them ''manoeuvres''. Quitting on teams, missing crucial free throws in a close out game, holding franchises hostage, faking injuries and proven guilty to tampering and no one seems to care. Why? Because he doesn't matter.

Just my two cents.

:roll: Said to better than I could have

Uncle Drew
01-16-2021, 03:21 PM

I've been keeping an eye on this. They are actually the 26th ranked defense on Cleaning the Glass, a website that excludes garbage time and possessions at the end of quarters that are highly likely to end up in a heave. Their 50 point loss to Dallas thus hardly having any impact on that stat. Meaning their defense is on par with the Portland Trailblazers, Chicago Bulls and Washtington Wizards.

It's honestly baffling how a team with so many good individual defenders can be so incredibly mediocre. They have some serious problems. The Bulls, not even the Lakers, Nets or the Bucks, were scoring at will on them. Hardly breaking a sweat.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 04:19 PM
Paul George is the one leading them right now

The best 2 man lineups this season:

1) Ibaka\Kawhi
2) Ibaka\Batum
3) Batum\Kawhi
4) Beverly\Kawhi
5) George\Kawhi

4\5 of the best 2 man lineups are all Kawhi. Since when has George ever led anything? That's cute, try not to lose by 50 the next time Kawhi doesn't play.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 04:21 PM
And the Lakers are 1st in net rating with the #1 defense. Good luck playing better defense as the year goes on, Ibaka has always been overrated defensively, Kawhi & George stopped caring about defense years ago, and Tyronn Lue is a known atrocious defensive coach.

Kawhi led clippers to a top 5 defense last season, he still plays plenty of defense. Clippers also beat Lakers already this season and Clippers led wire to wire.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 04:22 PM
OP still doesn’t get it. No one takes KaClonk seriously after he KaChoked a 3-1 lead to 7 foot Brian Windhorst and KaBricked his way to a disgusting 6-22 performance in the final game, including 1-11 in the second half.

The goat finals MVPS (stopping two separate 3peats from two different franchises). Now he's leading the greatest offensive ever and his 3rd best player is minimum contract Batum who averaged like 2PPG last season hahahahaha

dankok8
01-16-2021, 04:31 PM
A lot of teams in the modern NBA will break all-time ORtg lists... Clippers have the best offense in the league 13 games in. That's it.

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2021, 04:33 PM
Is Bradley Beal the best scoring guard of all time?

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 04:39 PM
I've been keeping an eye on this. They are actually the 26th ranked defense on Cleaning the Glass, a website that excludes garbage time and possessions at the end of quarters that are highly likely to end up in a heave. Their 50 point loss to Dallas thus hardly having any impact on that stat. Meaning their defense is on par with the Portland Trailblazers, Chicago Bulls and Washtington Wizards.

It's honestly baffling how a team with so many good individual defenders can be so incredibly mediocre. They have some serious problems. The Bulls, not even the Lakers, Nets or the Bucks, were scoring at will on them. Hardly breaking a sweat.

They hold teams to a 109 offensive rating when Kawhi is on court, roughly top 10 defense. I will take top 10 defense and goat offense all day. Just play Kawhi like 42 minutes a game in the playoffs.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 04:41 PM
Is Bradley Beal the best scoring guard of all time?

Beal is carrying a crappy team and still willing them to a 7th ranked offense. Impressive but not the same thing.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-16-2021, 04:44 PM
A lot of teams in the modern NBA will break all-time ORtg lists... Clippers have the best offense in the league 13 games in. That's it.

Yeah, I'm not looking at offensive rating averages relative to the league. I'm looking at just pure offensive rating. Luka's Mavs broke the record last season at 116.7. Now we got Clippers at 118 and Bucks at 117.9. I just thought it was a jaw dropping stat for Clippers because they put up an 80 offensive rating in that 50 point Mavs loss.

dankok8
01-16-2021, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I'm not looking at offensive rating averages relative to the league. I'm looking at just pure offensive rating. Luka's Mavs broke the record last season at 116.7. Now we got Clippers at 118 and Bucks at 117.9. I just thought it was a jaw dropping stat for Clippers because they put up an 80 offensive rating in that 50 point Mavs loss.

It's not so impressive because I'm expecting ORtg records to be broken every season now. Offenses have exploded.

Anyways I do think Kawhi has a case as BITW.

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2021, 05:06 PM
Beal is carrying a crappy team and still willing them to a 7th ranked offense. Impressive but not the same thing.
He's averaging 34/9 and shooting almost 50%. I'm sure he's great on advanced stats. IF Clippers can be the greatest offense ever for what they do why can't he be the greatest scoring guard ever?

RRR3
01-16-2021, 05:13 PM
OP is a cowardly lying sack of shit who said he’d never post again if the Clippers lost to the Nuggets.

Axe
01-16-2021, 08:54 PM
Hbk i think it is time to ban you boi ;)