PDA

View Full Version : James Harden or Kobe Bryant - Who was the worse teammate?

Nowitness
01-16-2021, 04:32 PM
Both men crippled their teams for years to come by demanding things.

Harden demanded teammates be brought in, Kobe demanded teammates be traded away.

Harden showed up severely overweight, out parting at the Houston strip clubs. Kobe raped someone and had to fly out to Colorado constantly to defend himself (had the Lakers pay for a private jet then complained about the quality of it).

Harden had a system set up for him where no other player could shine, Kobe refused to shoot in a game 7 because he was ball hogging.

Harden pouted on the bench whilst Josh Smith and Corey Brewer came back vs the Clippers, Kobe rather than letting Shaq go to work shot 50 more shots than him in the 04 Finals and shot 38%.

I’d prolly give the edge to Kobe.

Wally450
01-16-2021, 05:13 PM
The one that doesn't have a ring.

ArbitraryWater
01-16-2021, 05:26 PM
Kobe was unreal bad as a person.

Only Bryant wasn't about to wait years for his liberation. He called Calipari after the coach's lunch with Taub, and Bryant's agent, Arn Tellem, called Nash. Prospect and agent declared they wanted no part of Jersey; Tellem even threatened that his client would play in Italy if the Nets ignored their wishes"

”Bryant canceled a workout with the Sacramento Kings, who had the No. 14 pick in the first round in 1996 and declined to work out for the Hornets. His agent, Arn Tellem, also told the Hornets, according to Bass, that Bryant did not want to play in a small market such as Charlotte.“

“It pained me to see how much of a struggle it was for them me,” West writes, “how unwilling Kobe was to defer to Shaq in any way.”

"(Jordan) never showed frustration on the court" and "always stayed positive, always had fun out there," only flipping his lid on underperforming teammates after the final buzzer. He also lends credence to the distance Bryant at times places between himself and his teammates, noting that Kobe "shoots along before the game, never on the same basket as the other guys," and that his teammates often stay away and "would never encroach on his space" out of "respect." -Tim Grover

Later that season, after Shaq made a (private) trade demand to Buss, Kobe responded by giving a (public) interview to Rich Bucher, where he ripped into Shaq for his free throw shooting, and remarked:

"Turn my game down? I need to turn it up. I've improved. How are you going to bottle me up? I'd be better off playing somewhere else."

"I can't coach Kobe...He won't listen to anyone. I can't get through to him".

“From the first tip until about 4 minutes left in the game I saw and heard this guy bitch at his teammates. Every TO he came to the bench pissed, and a few of them he went to other guys and yelled about something they weren’t doing, or something they did wrong. No dialog about “hey let’s go, let’s get after it” or whatever. He spent the better part of 3.5 quarters pissed off and ranting at the non-execution or lack of, of his team. Then when they made what almost was a historic run in the 4th, during a TO, he got down on the floor and basically said ‘Let’s f’ing go, right now, right here” or something to that affect. I am not making this observation in a good or bad way, I have no idea how the guys in the NBA play or do things like this, but I thought it was a fascinating bit of insight for me to watch someone in another sport who is in the position of a team leader and how he interacted with his team and teammates. Watching the other 11 guys, every time out it was high fives and 'Hey nice work, let's get after it' or something to that affect. He walked off the floor, obligatory skin contact on the high five, and sat on the bench stone faced or pissed off, the whole game. . . . But as a fan I was watching the whole thing, Kobe, his teammates and then the after effects of conversations. He’d yell at someone, make a point, or send a message, turn and walk away, and more than once the person on the other end would roll eyes or give a ‘whatever dude’ look. Curt Schilling, 2008 Finals Game 2

“He told me one day at practice — I tried to talk to him outside of basketball about football. And he looked at me in practice and was dead serious and said, ‘You can’t talk to me. You need more accolades under your belt before you come talk to me.” -Smush Parker

Kobe Stunted My Play -Andrew Bynum

Kobe pushed Dwight out -Metta World Peace

Harden isn't close to this. Kobe is THE definitive cancer.

He needed a soft soyboy like Gasol that was fine with being thrown under the bus and would rebound his bricks for his style to work.

Uncle Drew
01-16-2021, 07:04 PM
These quotes tell us exactly nothing. It's all one sided speculative hearsay with no chance of rebuttal. If you provided something similar in court, you'd get laughed at. Furthermore, do we really need to go over a quote delivered by Andrew Bynum...? Do you know who stunted Andrew Bynum's play? Andrew Bynum. Kobe was an extremely intelligent guy. I once heard him speak about politics and social activism or lack thereof: spot on. On the money. I'll take that over any Metta World Peace or Smush Parker quote.

Uncle Drew
01-16-2021, 07:07 PM
That being said, even if some of the stories were true, even if Kobe was the biggest dickhead of a teammate in the history of the game, I'd take the guy who actually, you know, won.

kawhileonard2
01-16-2021, 10:02 PM
Lebron James. Put his teammates under the bus leaving them all the time despite them giving him rings.

Axe
01-16-2021, 10:33 PM
Kobe still getting hate in the board despite being in the afterlife for almost a year already :oldlol:

999Guy
01-16-2021, 11:05 PM
That being said, even if some of the stories were true, even if Kobe was the biggest dickhead of a teammate in the history of the game, I'd take the guy who actually, you know, won.

You ni.ggas are so retarded about rings your dumb brains can’t even function in hypotheticals.

“Kobe was clearly a worse teammate but RANGZ”.

Nobody asked, dummy. Who the hell doesn’t know they coming into this thread anyway? Pointless idiots.

Why even follow the league? Wait until every Jin and just suck the title winners dick and go back into hibernation.

Doranku
01-17-2021, 12:18 AM
AutisticWaters is such a loser. :oldlol: No wonder this forum is dead. Nothing but clowns like him and OP running around.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-17-2021, 01:22 AM
Kobe didnt cripple his team, ownership gave him a big THANK YOU contract and he took it.

ArbitraryWater
01-17-2021, 09:17 AM
These quotes tell us exactly nothing. It's all one sided speculative hearsay with no chance of rebuttal. If you provided something similar in court, you'd get laughed at. Furthermore, do we really need to go over a quote delivered by Andrew Bynum...? Do you know who stunted Andrew Bynum's play? Andrew Bynum. Kobe was an extremely intelligent guy. I once heard him speak about politics and social activism or lack thereof: spot on. On the money. I'll take that over any Metta World Peace or Smush Parker quote.

Are you retarded?

These are quotes by Phil Jackson, Jerry West, Tim Grover, all people close to Kobe and people that actually like him.

And why the fck would Curt Schilling go to such lengths to make shit up?

"I'll take that over any Smush Parker quote" meaning what? You don't believe the quote?

Kobe doesn't even believe in social activism ala BLM, not sure what you're talking about.

ArbitraryWater
01-17-2021, 09:19 AM
AutisticWaters is such a loser. :oldlol: No wonder this forum is dead. Nothing but clowns like him and OP running around.

Fuming :oldlol:

Axe
01-17-2021, 09:23 AM
Kobe didnt cripple his team, ownership gave him a big THANK YOU contract and he took it.
He may not have crippled them or so it seemed but even when he was younger, at some point kobe demanded them to make moves that would satisfy him as if he's their boss and because they didn't want to let him walk away, the franchise decided to listen and do everything they can to please him.