PDA

View Full Version : What should the league do the eradicate flopping?

Bronbron23
01-16-2021, 04:50 PM
For those who are in denial about the the flopping problem of this generation let's just pretend for a second that your not blind as hell. What would be the best way? I think they should assess A tech with 2 shots and the ball.

Gus Hemmingway
01-16-2021, 04:53 PM
They should stop young players from watching the Last Dance

Gudo
01-16-2021, 04:57 PM
Its reach is beyond basketball. In soccer and football we see the same trends. I dont know what else can be done except allow replay or review and put down a penalty.

But then that breaks the continuity of the game. But if you dont review the plays realtime, that can affect game outcomes as well.

PeroAntic
01-16-2021, 05:00 PM
Post game reviews and fines. You flop once, you get 25 thousand fine. You flop again, 25 thousand and one game suspension. etc etc. these clowns will learn in no time.

Gus Hemmingway
01-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Post game reviews and fines. You flop once, you get 25 thousand fine. You flop again, 25 thousand and one game suspension. etc etc. these clowns will learn in no time.

Lol aren’t you a Blake Griffin fan

tpols
01-16-2021, 05:09 PM
It's impossible to do because the only guys who consistently get calls for flopping are the superstars, and the league isn't going to handicap it's money makers. Role players flop, and no whistle is called and nobody cares. And then they learn they can't flop, because they're never going to get a call for it. Thats why you see basiically only stars doing it. Marcus Smart is the only "role player" I can think of that's a habitual flopper.

Marchesk
01-16-2021, 05:14 PM
It's impossible to do because the only guys who consistently get calls for flopping are the superstars, and the league isn't going to handicap it's money makers. Role players flop, and no whistle is called and nobody cares. And then they learn they can't flop, because they're never going to get a call for it. Thats why you see basiically only stars doing it. Marcus Smart is the only "role player" I can think of that's a habitual flopper.

Why do superstars like Lebron need special treatment? If they're so good, they can excel without baiting the refs and getting away with travels and offensive fouls.

PeroAntic
01-16-2021, 05:17 PM

Post game fines are not much of a handicap, because they can think twice before doing that.

tpols
01-16-2021, 05:18 PM
Why do superstars like Lebron need special treatment? If they're so good, they can excel without baiting the refs and getting away with travels and offensive fouls.

Because they are the money makers for the league and you can't have your top monetary asset consistently being embarrassed. You saw what happened before he started flopping and team hopping all around the league.

tpols
01-16-2021, 05:19 PM
Post game fines are not much of a handicap, because they can think twice before doing that.

Fines are nothing. But playoff suspensions would be a huge deal. 2007 and 2016 are *'s. Suns and Warriors were the real champs.