PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans, how happy are you with Montrezl Harrell's defense?

Nike D'Antoni
01-17-2021, 01:10 AM
how happy are you with Montrezl Harrell's defense?
The Lakers have 4 players in the top 15 DRTG. Harell is 15th.

1. Andre Drummond • CLE 95.9
2. Rudy Gobert • UTA 98.4
3. Myles Turner • IND 98.7
4. Marc Gasol • LAL 99.9
5. Anthony Davis • LAL 100.0
6. Joel Embiid • PHI 100.5
7. Luka Dončić • DAL 102.5
8. Ben Simmons • PHI 102.9
9. Jonas Valančiūnas • MEM 103.1
10. Larry Nance • CLE 103.3
11. Giannis Antetokounmpo • MIL 103.4
12. Clint Capela • ATL 103.8
13. LaMelo Ball • CHO 103.9
14. LeBron James • LAL 103.9
15. Montrezl Harrell • LAL 104.5
16. Jarrett Allen • CLE 104.8
17. Dorian Finney-Smith • DAL 104.8
18. Bobby Portis • MIL 104.9
19. Chris Boucher • TOR 105.2
20. Mitchell Robinson • NYK 105.5

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-17-2021, 01:15 AM
Honestly idk how he is going to hold up in the playoffs do to lack of height as a center. Too short vs the elite centers of the league, cannot space the floor as a pf. Possibly just a really good regular season player.

HBK_Kliq_2
01-17-2021, 01:53 AM
Harrell holds his own defensively in regular season. In playoffs, that's when Harrell will get exposed. Marc Gasol will also get exposed in playoffs for his lack of offense. Lakers are in trouble this year. Clippers problem is no longer harrell, its who they replaced Harrell with the WOAT defender Luke Kennard. Clippers are a top 5 defense when Kennard is off court and 30th ranked defense when Kennard is on court.

light
01-17-2021, 03:59 AM
Trez has been great, period. His hustle and communication on defense has been outstanding.

He means everything to that team because he allows AD to rest.

light
01-17-2021, 04:02 AM
Harrell holds his own defensively in regular season. In playoffs, that's when Harrell will get exposed. Marc Gasol will also get exposed in playoffs for his lack of offense. Lakers are in trouble this year. Clippers problem is no longer harrell, its who they replaced Harrell with the WOAT defender Luke Kennard. Clippers are a top 5 defense when Kennard is off court and 30th ranked defense when Kennard is on court.

The Clippers problem was never Harrell.

Their problem was that their leaders did not step up when needed.

Finals teams have leaders that produce when they have to.

The Lakers will win with Harrell even easier than they won last season.

bladefd
01-17-2021, 04:34 AM
As long as Dwight doesn't end up that high, I will be satisfied with replacing Dwight with Harrell. I initially regret that change, but I hope Harrell proves me wrong

HBK_Kliq_2
01-17-2021, 05:33 AM
The Clippers problem was never Harrell.

Their problem was that their leaders did not step up when needed.

Finals teams have leaders that produce when they have to.

The Lakers will win with Harrell even easier than they won last season.

Kawhi averaged 32PPG over the course of games 5 and 6 elimination games. That should be plenty to win if Harrell was actually competent in playoffs but he wasn't.

I'm glad all the real big men Giannis Embiid are out east and all clippers have to deal with is Marc Gasol and Montrezl Harrell hahahha

Harrell will be a liability in playoffs and so will Marc Gasol. Lakers will not win anything this season I guarantee it.

Uncle Drew
01-17-2021, 05:35 AM
Kawhi averaged 32PPG over the course of games 5 and 6 elimination games. That should be plenty to win if Harrell was actually competent in playoffs but he wasn't.

I'm glad all the real big men Giannis Embiid are out east and all clippers have to deal with is Marc Gasol and Montrezl Harrell hahahha

Harrell will be a liability in playoffs and so will Marc Gasol. Lakers will not win anything this season I guarantee it.

You guaranteed the same thing last season and then proceeded to have the biggest humiliation and humbling fathomable. You get pounded in the buttocks on the daily. Such a wasteman.

Uncle Drew
01-17-2021, 05:39 AM
That being said, it doesn't surprise me that Harrell has significantly improved since his Clipper days. That LeBron leadership already doing wonders. He now gets to play with some of the smartest players in the league, like LeBron and Gasol, rather than two idiots in Leonard and George Paul.

Xiao Yao You
01-17-2021, 05:41 AM
how happy are you with Montrezl Harrell's defense?
The Lakers have 4 players in the top 15 DRTG. Harell is 15th.

1. Andre Drummond • CLE 95.9
2. Rudy Gobert • UTA 98.4
3. Myles Turner • IND 98.7
4. Marc Gasol • LAL 99.9
5. Anthony Davis • LAL 100.0
6. Joel Embiid • PHI 100.5
7. Luka Dončić • DAL 102.5
8. Ben Simmons • PHI 102.9
9. Jonas Valančiūnas • MEM 103.1
10. Larry Nance • CLE 103.3
11. Giannis Antetokounmpo • MIL 103.4
12. Clint Capela • ATL 103.8
13. LaMelo Ball • CHO 103.9
14. LeBron James • LAL 103.9
15. Montrezl Harrell • LAL 104.5
16. Jarrett Allen • CLE 104.8
17. Dorian Finney-Smith • DAL 104.8
18. Bobby Portis • MIL 104.9
19. Chris Boucher • TOR 105.2
20. Mitchell Robinson • NYK 105.5

meaningless list with that stiff Gobert up there

bladefd
01-17-2021, 09:15 PM

You conveniently left out game 7, in which Kawhi flat out choked :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
01-17-2021, 09:48 PM
Certain Clippers fans have informed me that we can't judge the Clippers poor performance in the post season last year because they were depressed and didn't want to be in the bubble. Makes sense for Trezz since his grandma died before the bubble.

He was also under piss poor leadership from guys like Kawhi/PG/Doc. Neither of those will be issues this year.

Really happy with how he's playing. He hustles, scores, and has great energy. Good thing he won't have Kawh1/11 to ruin his vibe this year

Axe
01-17-2021, 10:19 PM

Kawhit was a fraud who couldn't even make his teammates better when it completely mattered the most and broke down in a stage where they could have succeeded already. With ty lue as their head coach, things will probably the same or worse.

When he was with the raptors, he already had a great team there plus a chance to dominate in the east for the next few years. However, his agenda after his 2nd chip was to play with one of the la teams but obviously, he chose clippers because he doesn't like to play for stacked teams that would make the postseason a mere cakewalk.

imdaman99
01-17-2021, 10:53 PM
meaningless list with that stiff Gobert up there

Reported for trolling. Gobert is a great defender no matter how much you haters troll him.