PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is rated below AD now by fans simply because AD plays with Lebron

Marchesk
01-18-2021, 02:23 PM
It's not like Davis was carrying the Pelicans farther in the playoffs than Giannis. You give David Robinson Duncan and he wins a title. You give Shaq Kobe and he wins three. You give Dirk a complete team and he shocks the Heat.

Maybe some of you have bad memories, but I remember how much Anthony Davis was clowned for not being a winner and called an empty stat padder. Funny how that all changed on the Lakers.

rawimpact
01-18-2021, 02:33 PM
Who has AD above Giannis currently speaking?

Uncle Drew
01-18-2021, 02:42 PM
It's not like Davis was carrying the Pelicans farther in the playoffs than Giannis. You give David Robinson Duncan and he wins a title. You give Shaq Kobe and he wins three. You give Dirk a complete team and he shocks the Heat.

Maybe some of you have bad memories, but I remember how much Anthony Davis was clowned for not being a winner and called an empty stat padder. Funny how that all changed on the Lakers.

No shit, you could give Khris Middleton or Shai Gilgeous Alexander to LeBron and people on here would be calling them the greatest second options to have ever lived.

Mr. Woke
01-18-2021, 02:50 PM
Giannis is a subpar shooter, which isn't surprising at all considering how he was a street vendor.

Marchesk
01-18-2021, 03:31 PM
Giannis is a subpar shooter, which isn't surprising at all considering how he was a street vendor.

Imagine a street vendor winning multiple MVPS and a DPOY in the 90s. :oldlol:

tpols
01-18-2021, 04:01 PM
AD has played far better in the playoffs than Giannis, and that was before Lebron. He averaged 30+/10+ on extremely elite percentages with the Pelicans in the playoffs. And the best teammate he ever had was jrue holiday so nobody would be winning much out West with that type of help. Lebron couldn't even make the playoffs with Brandon Ingram. (Durant junior)

Mr. Woke
01-18-2021, 04:05 PM
AD has played far better in the playoffs than Giannis, and that was before Lebron. He averaged 30+/10+ on extremely elite percentages with the Pelicans in the playoffs. And the best teammate he ever had was jrue holiday so nobody would be winning much out West with that type of help. Lebron couldn't even make the playoffs with Brandon Ingram. (Durant junior)

Ingram wasn't that good when he was with the Lakers.

Mr. Woke
01-18-2021, 04:07 PM
Imagine a street vendor winning multiple MVPS and a DPOY in the 90s. :oldlol:

The 90s was a worse era.

Karl Malone (the man with no go-to moves) won two MVPs.

Akeem34TheDream
01-18-2021, 04:16 PM
You can easily argue that AD is a better playoff performer.

dankok8
01-18-2021, 04:32 PM
Not because he plays with Lebron but because he's an unbelievable playoff performer. In a not so small sample of 34 playoff games, AD is averaging:

28.8 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.9 bpg on 63.3 %TS with 2.6 topg in 38.2 mpg

...while playing killer defense to boot!

PeroAntic
01-18-2021, 04:45 PM
AD can shoot, can play in the half court offense, and he has more than one move in his repertoire. of course hes better.

StrongLurk
01-18-2021, 04:53 PM
AD is better than Giannis in the playoffs and was a superstar before Lebron. Injuries to him/his teammates and playing out West were the reasons he missed the playoffs often.

Giannis would not have taken those Pelicans teams any further. AD is a freak athlete like Giannis, except he has a real playoff scoring skillset.

I can understand arguing that Giannis has been a better regular season player recently compared to AD. But a guy like Harden has been a better regular season player than Lebron the last fews year, and we know Lebron is the better player based on playoffs.

AD is a true generational player.

Bay Area Baller
01-18-2021, 05:06 PM
Wow your analysis iza game changer. Anything to diminish Lebron and company. No for reals your analysis of the situation iza game change. Kudos to your insight. Lol not.

Axe
01-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Ofc ad has a ring now while giannis doesn't have any of it yet. So i guess it's just natural.

Marchesk
01-18-2021, 05:28 PM
Ofc ad has a ring now while giannis doesn't have any of it yet. So i guess it's just natural.

Put Lebron on the Bucks last season and Giannis would be working on his second ring.

YoungDripKing
01-18-2021, 05:36 PM
Ingram wasn't that good when he was with the Lakers.

LeBron fans love to shit on Lonzo/BI for Lakers failures. I dont understand it. LeBron got injured, BI had bloodclots, Lonzo had knee injuries. They were a solid top 4 team in the West with a healthy squad and put a beatdown on the warriors on Christmas. BI had a medicore start because of his new role with LeBron but admitedly he said that he let the game come to him after. Hence why he averaged 27/7/5 or something along those lines right before the blood clots. He was 21? That's is a great player. Why shit on him because Lebron didnt make playoffs? Weird... just weird.

Axe
01-18-2021, 05:41 PM
Put Lebron on the Bucks last season and Giannis would be working on his second ring.
Umm what do you mean by second ring?

scuzzy
01-18-2021, 05:44 PM
anyone can get the Finals out east

light
01-18-2021, 05:45 PM
Mostly because he cant shoot.

StrongLurk
01-18-2021, 06:39 PM

It's not just about thing "ring", but how the ring was won. Giannis wouldn't be able to replicate what AD did next to Lebron because Giannis can't shoot at all from anywhere.

LoneyROY7
01-18-2021, 06:45 PM
He gets rated below AD by some b/c he's an absolute non-factor in the half-court when teams pack the paint.

I'm not the biggest fan of AD's game, but his versatility is special.

Gohan
01-18-2021, 07:12 PM
If you can’t ball in the half court then you can’t ball

tpols
01-18-2021, 07:13 PM
It's not just about thing "ring", but how the ring was won. Giannis wouldn't be able to replicate what AD did next to Lebron because Giannis can't shoot at all from anywhere.

Giannis couldn't replicate what AD did, but he sure as hell could play Lebron's role. AD and Giannis would've romped to the title and I'm not even a big fan of his. Also, although they are a poor fit obviously, Lebron and Giannis would win too. No other team besides the Clippers had two superstars and the Lakers didn't even have to play them.

StrongLurk
01-18-2021, 07:19 PM
Giannis couldn't replicate what AD did, but he sure as hell could play Lebron's role. AD and Giannis would've romped to the title and I'm not even a big fan of his. Also, although they are a poor fit obviously, Lebron and Giannis would win too. No other team besides the Clippers had two superstars and the Lakers didn't even have to play them.

Bro Giannis cannot replicate what Lebron did last year, that's a dumb take.

Bron put up 28/11/9 in the playoffs and actually made jumpshots every game (2.1/5.7 Threes, 37%).

In fact, against the same team that shut Giannis down, Lebron 28/12/9 on 59.1% and shot 41.7% from three (2.5/6 attempts).

Lebron's jumper from three at least was straight up cranking during the whole playoff run last year.

Giannis couldn't do what Lebron or AD did in the playoffs last year even if he was playing with either one of them.

tpols
01-18-2021, 07:25 PM
Bro Giannis cannot replicate what Lebron did last year, that's a dumb take.

Bron put up 28/11/9 in the playoffs and actually made jumpshots every game (2.1/5.7 Threes, 37%).

In fact, against the same team that shut Giannis down, Lebron 28/12/9 on 59.1% and shot 41.7% from three (2.5/6 attempts).

Lebron's jumper from three at least was straight up cranking during the whole playoff run last year.

Giannis couldn't do what Lebron or AD did in the playoffs last year even if he was playing with either one of them.

Giannis absolutely could play Lebron's role. They literally play the exact same way, except Lebron is a better shooter, and Giannis is a much better defender. If you don't think Giannis and AD would overwhelm teams in the PnR and in the paint you haven't been watching basketball. AD is a far far far cry leagues and worlds better than Kris Middleton, and I like Kris Middleton. But he's not a superstar or even in AD's realm as a player. Bledsoe also sucks and was easily outplayed by Rondo. If you were to bet on sports you'd be the classic sucker. Would lose all your money. The Heat had +6000 odds title chances. They wouldn't have stopped Giannis, if they had to pay attention to Anthony Davis and the rest of the Laker's superior supporting cast.

Uncle Drew
01-18-2021, 07:28 PM
They literally play the exact same way, except Lebron is a better shooter,

So they don't play the same. Noted.

StrongLurk
01-18-2021, 07:29 PM
Giannis absolutely could play Lebron's role. They literally play the exact same way, except Lebron is a better shooter, and Giannis is a much better defender. If you don't think Giannis and AD would overwhelm teams in the PnR and in the paint you haven't been watching basketball. AD is a far far far cry leagues and worlds better than Kris Middleton, and I like Kris Middleton. But he's not a superstar or even in AD's realm as a player. Bledsoe also sucks and was easily outplayed by Rondo. If you were to bet on sports you'd be the classic sucker. Would lose all your money. The Heat had +6000 odds title chances. They wouldn't have stopped Giannis, if they had to pay attention to Anthony Davis and the rest of the Laker's superior supporting cast.

:roll:

Bro, you are clearly biased AGAINST Lebron if you think Giannis and Bron are the same. I mean, Lebron even by 2006 had more ability from the perimeter and he was 21. Giannis is 26 and still bricking hardcore outside the paint.

tpols
01-18-2021, 07:32 PM
They're both giant point forwards who like to control the action at the top of the key with a live dribble and build a head of steam. Both main move is the bull rush to the rim and they spam PnR. We've seen many series '07, '11, '13 and more where teams did the same thing to Lebron, that the Heat did to Giannis. They're quite similar. I actually respect Giannis more because he doesn't flop like a bitch.

LoneyROY7
01-18-2021, 07:35 PM
Imagine saying Giannis and LeBron play the exact same. :oldlol:

Forget the shooting. Prime LeBron could have a Ben Simmons tier jumper and still dominate the game b/c he's arguably the greatest floor general ever. His passing ability is in a completely different stratosphere than Yanni.

dankok8
01-18-2021, 07:43 PM
I could totally see Giannis (if healthy) and Davis winning a title last year. Lebron is a better shooter and obviously a better playmaker but Giannis' defensive edge and advantages in athleticism are considerable.

tpols
01-18-2021, 07:54 PM
I could totally see Giannis (if healthy) and Davis winning a title last year. Lebron is a better shooter and obviously a better playmaker but Giannis' defensive edge and advantages in athleticism are considerable.

Yup.

It's crazy because I'm not a Giannis fan but I have to argue for him here. The best players AD ever played with were Jrue Holiday and Rondo. Now you give him... ****ing Giannis and Rondo? I mean... what? :oldlol:

His game is super cheesy with the slamming people out of the way drive and kick style, but so is Lebron's. Overall no matter the fit, they'd out talent everybody that the Lakers faced last year.

Marchesk
01-19-2021, 12:18 AM

He wouldn't need to, because you can't build a wall around Giannis when the offense runs through Lebron.