PDA

View Full Version : '99 to '03 Duncan Post Moves

Carbine
01-19-2021, 02:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0EtT-S0juw

Enjoy

Airupthere
01-19-2021, 02:06 PM
Same move everytime. Jab step, bank shot.

ArbitraryWater
01-19-2021, 02:43 PM

Enjoy

highwhey
01-19-2021, 03:00 PM

more reliable than a toyota camry

Round Mound
01-19-2021, 05:02 PM
:bowdown: One of the last True Post Players in the league!

bison
01-19-2021, 05:08 PM
Back when stars had a go-to move that they spent work polishing and refining, unlike today’s ‘stars’ who dribble around like idiots until they can get a look (harden) or barrel through the lane to draw a foul or force in a shot (LeBron). The only player that comes close to the classic refined style today is YDK.

bison
01-19-2021, 05:10 PM

It takes a true basketball connoisseur with a high IQ to appreciate the beauty of this move. I could watch Duncan highlights all day.

Gudo
01-19-2021, 05:30 PM
Banks shots are harder for me to make. With bank shots, you have to adjust it depending where you are on the floor on the force you have to put in for the bounce. I like how Duncan goes from A to B directly. Simplicity at its best.

highwhey
01-19-2021, 05:33 PM
:bowdown: One of the last True Post Players in the league!

when ayton isn't being a scared house cat, he puts on some 90's post moves. kinda of tragic seeing him shoot when he can dominate the post.

tpols
01-19-2021, 06:16 PM
Banks shots are harder for me to make. With bank shots, you have to adjust it depending where you are on the floor on the force you have to put in for the bounce. I like how Duncan goes from A to B directly. Simplicity at its best.

Bank shots are so unreliable on the thick double rims you always see at the park. NBA rims are pretty thin.

Horatio33
01-19-2021, 07:07 PM
A master. Tremendous footwork and a soft touch round the basket.

HoopsNY
01-20-2021, 01:05 AM
People are so short sighted and can't analyze a player's game to save their lives. Duncan's bank shot wasn't the reason he was so lethal, it was his ability to come off the dribble and use a series of fakes and moves to enable him to overpower defenders down low.

Defenders were on their toes because they knew Duncan was fundamentally sound driving to the basket. He wouldn't stumble or lose the ball, and he was certain to be able to plant, hook shot, floater, dunk, or any other move to score should he fake his opponent. If that didn't work, he could rely on his bank shot.

There was only one another player that could score more in the post during that time than Duncan, and it was Shaq. Otherwise, you weren't stopping him.

Uncle Drew
01-20-2021, 05:39 AM
Gorgeous.