PDA

View Full Version : Boston Big 3 was better than Brooklyn Big 3

Walk on Water
01-20-2021, 10:41 PM
Look at Brooklyn struggle with Cleveland. Now the Boston Big 3 should have won at least 2 championships. They were sort of at the end of their peak. But they did dominate in their first year. And that year they were actually better than Brooklyn is now. Why? Because all 3 of them played defense. Especially KD, he was a defensive beast. Plus they had pretty good players to compliment them like Rondo.

So I don't understand the hype with Brooklyn. They have a lot of offensive weaponry. But they don't have the overall game on both ends or the teamwork of Boston.

Im so nba'd out
01-20-2021, 10:44 PM
iiiii walk on wwwwaterrrrrrrr

but....

Axe
01-20-2021, 10:45 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/uTLWvxGC13kr8fSabb/giphy.gif

Derka
01-20-2021, 10:45 PM
At some point, a team that has true title aspirations will need a defensive strategy that isn’t “let’s hope they miss more shots than we do.” Brooklyn is not yet that team.

Nike D'Antoni
01-20-2021, 10:48 PM
KG Defense, and DOC Rivers/Thibs defensive mindset coaching.Nets are superior offensively

Derka
01-20-2021, 10:52 PM
Harden/KD/Kyrie is a way better offensive option than Pierce/Ray/KG and it’s not even close.

If this Brooklyn team dropped any one of those three and replaced him with 08 KG and Thibs coaching defense, Brooklyn would win a title this year. That’s really the X-factor of this comparison.

Wally450
01-20-2021, 11:24 PM
Those Celtics backbones were their defense.

Their offense wasn't anything special. They were always in the bottom third in offense. That's even when Rondo was an All Star.

LoneyROY7
01-20-2021, 11:31 PM
Harden/KD/Kyrie is a way better offensive option than Pierce/Ray/KG and it’s not even close.

If this Brooklyn team dropped any one of those three and replaced him with 08 KG and Thibs coaching defense, Brooklyn would win a title this year. That’s really the X-factor of this comparison.

Imagine if they swapped Kyrie out for KG.

Wally450
01-20-2021, 11:47 PM
Imagine if they swapped Kyrie out for KG.

A Harden/KG PnR or Pick n Pop would be a thing of beauty.

Thenameless
01-21-2021, 12:47 AM
Yes, it was. They proved it by winning a Championship. This Brooklyn team can score, but so can their opponent (like tonight, scoring 135 is useless if you let a team like Cleveland score 147).

Uncle Drew
01-21-2021, 04:34 AM
The Boston Big 3 can not compete to the Nets Big 3 talent wise, not even close. The difference is fit and defense. Neither of the Boston 3 needed the ball to be effective, while Garnett on his ones brought more to the table defensively than the Brooklyn 3 combined. Despite the Celtics all being over 30 years old when they got together, they could have very well realised a 3-peat, at least a repeat, if Garnett didn't get injured. I'm tempted to say Brooklyn won't even win just one with their current roster. Not this year, not next year, not the year after.

light
01-21-2021, 05:07 AM
Kyrie Irving and James Harden are not going to get along.

Those two are a confrontation waiting to happen.

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 05:37 AM
Yep....1 game....first game the 3 have ever played together

Blow it up.

****.me

Nba fans are the dumbest cvnts hahahahha

Walk on Water
01-21-2021, 04:41 PM
Yep....1 game....first game the 3 have ever played together

Blow it up.

The Nets have to prove their worth. If they lose, their demise will be lack of defense and team chemistry. The difference between Nets and other big 3s like Miami and Boston is those teams also played defense. I suppose the Nets could win but they can only beat you in one way.

****.me

Nba fans are the dumbest cvnts hahahahha

The Nets have to prove their worth. If they lose, their demise will be lack of defense and team chemistry. The difference between Nets and other big 3s like Miami and Boston is those teams also played defense. I suppose the Nets could win but they can only beat you in one way.