PDA

View Full Version : Its been almost a year since Kobe died

AlternativeAcc.
01-20-2021, 11:28 PM
Seems like yesterday

And he seems to be mostly forgotten. Almost zero discussion of Kobe for the past several months

RIP bean

Mr. Woke
01-20-2021, 11:31 PM
Eh, I never really cared for Kobe.

However, I would really be bummed out if King James passed away.

Gudo
01-20-2021, 11:31 PM
I wasn’t a fan for the longest time but he has my respect for all the work he has put in. I was looking forward to his hall of fame speech which we wont get to see now. RIP kobe.

Wally450
01-20-2021, 11:48 PM
Looking back at the thread about it, we all came together as basketball fans. No agendas, no hating, nothing. We were all just in shock and disbelief.

AlternativeAcc.
01-20-2021, 11:48 PM
I wasn’t a fan for the longest time but he has my respect for all the work he has put in. I was looking forward to his hall of fame speech which we wont get to see now. RIP kobe.

I've always been a huge kobe fan so his death hit me hard.

He wasn't the most talented or skilled guy, but he busted his ass everyday. He was the vegeta of the NBA. Always worked to be the best, but never quite got to the top. ****ing love Kobe

Gudo
01-20-2021, 11:54 PM
I've always been a huge kobe fan so his death hit me hard.

He wasn't the most talented or skilled guy, but he busted his ass everyday. He was the vegeta of the NBA. Always worked to be the best, but never quite got to the top. ****ing love Kobe

For a nonfan, his death hit me hard too. When he died I couldnt watch basketball for some time. From the standpoint of being a father and family man, as well as his work ethic that you mentioned, I felt we lost somebody that had a lot to offer life. The man just worked extremely hard at everything. And its hard to hate on that.

k0kakw0rld
01-20-2021, 11:55 PM
How about you create a thread on the day itself?

warriorfan
01-20-2021, 11:57 PM
Kobe was more hung than LeBron. And in the end, that’s all that really matters.

Axe
01-20-2021, 11:58 PM
For a nonfan, his death hit me hard too. When he died I couldnt watch basketball for some time. From the standpoint of being a father and family man, as well as his work ethic that you mentioned, I felt we lost somebody that had a lot to offer life. The man just worked extremely hard at everything. And its hard to hate on that.
:cheers:

Reading phil jackson's eleven rings book made me know more about kobe. Sure, he may not be a perfect human being as a player but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good at anything else, as a father or celebrity etc.

BasedTom
01-21-2021, 12:06 AM
Looking back at the thread about it, we all came together as basketball fans. No agendas, no hating, nothing. We were all just in shock and disbelief.
It's really wack that all of those threads and posts got deleted with the site upgrade. Tonnes of long gone posters and oldheads came back just to grieve for that one day. End of an era on ISH.

Gudo
01-21-2021, 12:06 AM

Reading phil jackson's eleven rings book made me know more about kobe. Sure, he may not be a perfect human being as a player but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good at anything else, as a father or celebrity etc.

I have that book. I also have Mad Game. I have yet to read both. With that I should probably read Eleven Rings sometime soon.

DavisIsMyUniBro
01-21-2021, 12:08 AM

this is why abortions should be legal lol

Gohan
01-21-2021, 12:38 AM

This my nikka

Mr. Woke
01-21-2021, 12:45 AM

Abortions are legal in many places lol.

theballerFKA Ace
01-21-2021, 02:19 AM

It will be sad. I already know who his pallbearers will be. Kyrie, AD, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen and Kevin Love

Axe
01-21-2021, 02:50 AM

I have that book. I also have Mad Game. I have yet to read both. With that I should probably read Eleven Rings sometime soon.
You'll like the book because it explains a lot of details on how he turned his teams into dynasties. Or maybe not if you despise michael jordan. :oldlol:

Having that said, i also have the last season which was about the 2003-04 first departure season of phil from the lakers amidst tensions surrounding the team. I bought the book online around 3 months ago but i've yet to read it lmao.

DavisIsMyUniBro
01-21-2021, 04:38 AM
Abortions are legal in many places lol.

should doesn't mean it isnt lmfao

light
01-21-2021, 05:13 AM
Seems like yesterday

And he seems to be mostly forgotten. Almost zero discussion of Kobe for the past several months

RIP bean

He's been in the news. Donald Trump just gave him a statue in Trump's National Garden of American Heroes.

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 05:39 AM

That's because you're a fvcking loser

clipps
01-21-2021, 07:50 AM

Your mother told me she's really bummed that you're still alive.

Horatio33
01-21-2021, 08:43 AM
You'll like the book because it explains a lot of details on how he turned his teams into dynasties. Or maybe not if you despise michael jordan. :oldlol:

Having that said, i also have the last season which was about the 2003-04 first departure season of phil from the lakers amidst tensions surrounding the team. I bought the book online around 3 months ago but i've yet to read it lmao.

Kobe does not come off well in that book.

Mr. Woke
01-21-2021, 09:25 AM
That's because you're a fvcking loser

Nope.

You are.

Mr. Woke
01-21-2021, 09:26 AM
Your mother told me she's really bummed that you're still alive.

Your mother's bum is still sore from that dicking I gave her last night.

She moaned like a turbo whore.