PDA

View Full Version : The Nets have three seasoned Veterans that can each score 40 A night.

jmcwilliams
01-21-2021, 07:22 AM
All of them can easily average 30. That's 90 plus points A game between the three of them once a they figure out how to maximize each other's potential. So the role players don't need to really do A hell of A lot to push the team over the edge for A win. I am starting to think this is the greatest superteam ever assembled.
The real determining factor is going to be Durant's ability to lead. I think that much like LeBron in Miami, durant has picked up winning leadership skills after his stint with the Warriors. If that statement is true, then this team will be in the finals and very likely may win.

Edit: Not taking anything away from Steph or Clay, but Steph and Clay rely heavily on screens. If you play stifling defense on either one you shut them down. Durant and Kyrie could care less about your defense. Durant will shoot over you and Kyrie will put you on skates. Harden tends to fold A bit under pressure though. Durant and his ability to lead is the one intangible that we will need to see. kyrie isn't leading anyone, nor is Harden. Either one will create Chaos.

Bronbron23
01-21-2021, 01:01 PM
All of them can easily average 30. That's 90 plus points A game between the three of them once a they figure out how to maximize each other's potential. So the role players don't need to really do A hell of A lot to push the team over the edge for A win. I am starting to think this is the greatest superteam ever assembled.
The real determining factor is going to be Durant's ability to lead. I think that much like LeBron in Miami, durant has picked up winning leadership skills after his stint with the Warriors. If that statement is true, then this team will be in the finals and very likely may win.

Edit: Not taking anything away from Steph or Clay, but Steph and Clay rely heavily on screens. If you play stifling defense on either one you shut them down. Durant and Kyrie could care less about your defense. Durant will shoot over you and Kyrie will put you on skates. Harden tends to fold A bit under pressure though. Durant and his ability to lead is the one intangible that we will need to see. kyrie isn't leading anyone, nor is Harden. Either one will create Chaos.

But they can't defend for shit and they got rid of their best defenders to get them. They have no chance of winning this year. Maybe next year if they can aquire some defense

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2021, 01:30 PM
But they can't defend for shit and they got rid of their best defenders to get them. They have no chance of winning this year. Maybe next year if they can aquire some defense

this is textbook casual fan answer

pandiani17
01-21-2021, 01:39 PM

They can do that if they are in different teams, once they are in the same team they take away each others' shots, therefore it's not possible for them to average 30 points each. If you put Shaq and Mutombo in the same team they wouldn't average 25 rebounds between them, because they would be taking rebounds off each other.

tpols
01-21-2021, 02:00 PM
If you watched the game though you see that they are funneling the ball to the other guys and letting then take open shots. So hopefully they don't get Harrison Barnes'ed and have Jeff Green miss like 25 shots in a row.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2021, 02:10 PM
If you watched the game though you see that they are funneling the ball to the other guys and letting then take open shots. So hopefully they don't get Harrison Barnes'ed and have Jeff Green miss like 25 shots in a row.

Green looks more confident than ever. Like a man right now. Shooting an absurd 60% this yr

tpols
01-21-2021, 02:12 PM
Green looks more confident than ever. Like a man right now. Shooting an absurd 60% this yr

I know but Barnes was generally decent but shat the bed at the worst times. So you never know.

jayfan
01-21-2021, 02:16 PM

Not here to defend anyone, but casual fans don't really care about defense.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2021, 03:44 PM
Not here to defend anyone, but casual fans don't really care about defense.

yes they do, they just think of it in the most simple form possible, as bronbron does.

"err no defense, cant win title!"

StrongLurk
01-21-2021, 04:56 PM
Like I said when the trade went down, Harden will play PG when Kyrie comes back and put up 20/12 in his sleep. Kyrie will be undersized at the 2 obviously but that's his game, scoring. Durant will be his usual monster self and flip on-ball/off-ball.

This team in the PLAYOFFS will be much deadlier than the marathon that is the regular season.

jmcwilliams
01-21-2021, 05:32 PM

Teams can make adjustments though. How many times have you seen A LeBron team play awful defense through the year only to turn it on in the playoff? They don't have to worry about offense. They already have that in abundance. I'm sure defensive strategy is going to be A highlight in training.

AlternativeAcc.
01-21-2021, 05:38 PM
Kyrie isn't good, his game and personality are a negative

He's worthless

Bronbron23
01-21-2021, 06:28 PM

No it's not dumbass it's an educated answer based on the fact that no nba team has won with a below average defense. It's not rocket science dummy

Bronbron23
01-21-2021, 06:40 PM
Teams can make adjustments though. How many times have you seen A LeBron team play awful defense through the year only to turn it on in the playoff? They don't have to worry about offense. They already have that in abundance. I'm sure defensive strategy is going to be A highlight in training.

Yeah but they still had the pieces that had the ability to turn it off and on. Nets Don't have the pieces to do that.

Bronbron23
01-21-2021, 06:44 PM
yes they do, they just think of it in the most simple form possible, as bronbron does.

"err no defense, cant win title!"

Ummm yeah that's a pretty basic fact dumbass. You ever hear the phrase offense wins championships? Neither have I. Now i wonder why that is? It's almost as if defense is half the battle and you have to be pretty good at it to win.

Funny thing is even casual fans know this so what's that make your fakkit ass?

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 07:18 PM

Look at your embarrassing av.

You are the definition of a casual

999Guy
01-21-2021, 08:56 PM
Actually imagine believing Kyrie is apart of the greatest team ever assembled.

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 09:44 PM
Actually imagine believing Kyrie is apart of the greatest team ever assembled.

Stfu clown

Kyrie scored nearly 30ppg average in the finals and hit the one of the biggest finals shot in history.

He clearly has a lot of skill and is also clutch.

It's weird how he triggers so many cucks

jmcwilliams
01-21-2021, 09:58 PM
Stfu clown

Kyrie scored nearly 30ppg average in the finals and hit the one of the biggest finals shot in history.

Yea, people seem to forget what Kyrie can be when he has someone in his corner.

Bronbron23
01-21-2021, 10:35 PM
Stfu clown

Yeah in the right situation with the right pieces around him he can have a huge impact. The main difference though was that cavs team could defend and make up for kyries defensive deficiencies. This nets team can't. He also had bron so he didn't have to be the alpha leader he could just go out and ball. I think on this team he thinks he has to be the leader and that's not a good roll for him.

light
01-22-2021, 03:54 AM

The problem is that Harden and Kyrie - and frankly even Durant - are not good defenders. None of them are good leaders either. Kyrie may be the worst leader in the league currently.

I think their peak may be even lower than KD, Westbrook and Harden in OKC particularly because of Kyrie's recklessness.

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2021, 04:02 AM
It's not a question of casual. Kyrie can't guard anything, same thing for Harden.

If they play KD at the 5, they are finished come playoff time.

999Guy
01-22-2021, 04:04 PM
If you think Kyrie is an elite player, you’re just stupid about basketball.

All there is to it.

Kyrie is worse for talented teams, not better. His dream job is chucking on a fringe playoff team because that’s the only kind of team he’s be the best player on.

Kyrie is a cancer made to destroy teams like these Nets with his ego, lack of intangibles and offense hijacking.

I’m glad they won’t trade him though. I’ve been posting since July this team was built to flame out in a way the Clippers did. But really with Harden? It’s the ultimate. Milwaukee or Philly will bounce this team out in 6 and we’ll never see the overrating of KD/Kyrie again.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-22-2021, 04:15 PM
Besides having possibly the best offensive 3 ever assembled people here talking about no defence. They want top offence, top defence, top 3pt%, fg%, rebounds, steals. Why even play the game? Why bother to watch. Is that what it takes to beat Lebron/AD?

Bronbron23
01-22-2021, 06:54 PM
Besides having possibly the best offensive 3 ever assembled people here talking about no defence. They want top offence, top defence, top 3pt%, fg%, rebounds, steals. Why even play the game? Why bother to watch. Is that what it takes to beat Lebron/AD?

Bruh what are you talking about? That's usually what it takes to win chips. Just look at the history of the game. That's kind of the point bruh

3ball
01-22-2021, 08:07 PM
Ultimately, the goal is to have each member of the big 3 putting pressure on the defense at the same time - that's how they take advantage of their advantage, at least in theory

So Nash should employ Harden and Durant as screen-setters on each other when the other is dribbling.

Also, the presence of juggernauts at 3 of 5 positions infact encourages ball movement, since it doesn't matter who has it or ends up with it

Axe
01-22-2021, 08:47 PM
Omfg the zombietard is back

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2021, 09:49 PM
Look at your embarrassing av.

You are the definition of a casual

Dude, just shut up