PDA

View Full Version : Zions inside game is what LeBrons should have been

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 10:02 PM
The dude is an absolute unit inside the paint...

He uses his power, footwork and craftyness to dominate...and its only going to keep improving.

No stiff arms, flopping and screeching like a girl to the refs..this is how a real man plays

:applause::applause::applause:

StrongLurk
01-21-2021, 10:08 PM
Lebron could never play like Zion because Zion might be the greatest TWO-FOOTED leaper the NBA has ever seen when you factor in his size.

Even at Lebron's rookie weight, he was an average at post two-footed leaper. Being about to jump like Zion means you can make QUICK moves and explode immediately. It's always why MJ's athleticism was so insane because he could jump of two feet just as powerful as one foot and be unpredictable in the post/at the rim.

Lebron has always been a 1 footed leaper (and easily one of the best ever). But, being a 1 footed leaper means you need momentum to leap...basically Lebron is a LEAPER, not a JUMPER. There is a big difference if you know basketball athleticism. A big reason why Lebron didn't become an elite post player like some talking heads wanted is because Lebron is not an explosive athlete in the standstill post setting.

Taurus
01-21-2021, 10:13 PM
Let's be honest, if Bron played like Zion you'd just be complaining about how he has no skill or jumper and has to rely on athleticism. Btw Zion has not hit a shot outside the paint this year

fourkicks44
01-21-2021, 10:13 PM
No bigger test tonight then goin up against Gobert.

Should a treat :cheers:

Bronbron23
01-21-2021, 10:22 PM

He uses his power, footwork and craftyness to dominate...and its only going to keep improving.

No stiff arms, flopping and screeching like a girl to the refs..this is how a real man plays

Zion dosn't have crazy foot work or post moves he's just strong as hell and is one of the greatest 2 foot jumpers I've seen. He has a crazy explosive and quick 2 foot jump. Brons 2 foot jumping isn't on that level.

Marchesk
01-21-2021, 10:22 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/BQTDrnF0/lebron-complaining-ref.png

Marchesk
01-21-2021, 10:25 PM
Zion dosn't have crazy foot work or post moves he's just strong as hell and is one of the greatest 2 foot jumpers I've seen. He has a crazy explosive and quick 2 foot jump. Brons 2 foot jumping isn't on that level.

Kind of like Moses Malone on the offensive glass then.

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 10:31 PM
Let's be honest, if Bron played like Zion you'd just be complaining about how he has no skill or jumper and has to rely on athleticism. Btw Zion has not hit a shot outside the paint this year

I don't even hate LeBron...I admit he's top 10, maybe even top 5 all time

I just think his stans are pathetic

Taurus
01-21-2021, 10:33 PM

I have him like 2nd or 3rd personally, but I agree about the stan part

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 10:39 PM
I have him like 2nd or 3rd personally, but I agree about the stan part

I can definitely respect that

Bronbron23
01-21-2021, 10:40 PM
Kind of like Moses Malone on the offensive glass then.

Zion? Maybe similar impact but they didn't play similar. Plus moses was taller, longer and less athletic. I'd say zion was more similar to a young barkley but even that's not a perfect comparison.

FireDavidKahn
01-21-2021, 10:43 PM
Guess who

Career FG% by distance:

0-3'
1) 66.2%
2) 73.3%

3-10'
1)39%
2) 41.7%

One of these guys could definitely learn from the other.

Marchesk
01-21-2021, 10:49 PM
Zion? Maybe similar impact but they didn't play similar. Plus moses was taller, longer and less athletic. I'd say zion was more similar to a young barkley but even that's not a perfect comparison.

In terms of quick second and third jump off two feet to get offensive boards. Malone was known for that. In terms of power, attacking the rim and body size, I agree Barkley is a better comparison.

Spurs m8
01-21-2021, 11:13 PM
Guess who

Career FG% by distance:

0-3'
1) 66.2%
2) 73.3%

3-10'
1)39%
2) 41.7%

One of these guys could definitely learn from the other.

Pretty similar stats considering ones just started and ones almost 2 decades into a career.
One also gets heaps of weak superstar phantom calls from crying and flopping and the other doesn't.

Plus my post was about more than just stats...zion has a trillion times more potential close to the basket...but I get that bron stans only really have stats and moving goal posts to go with.

And1AllDay
01-21-2021, 11:31 PM
bran

34/8/6/1/1 on 52% tonight szn 18

king me

lemmee knowwwwwwww when zion gets a game like that :oldlol:

FKAri
01-21-2021, 11:47 PM

You've grown soft.

aj1987
01-22-2021, 12:12 AM
Pretty similar stats considering ones just started and ones almost 2 decades into a career.
One also gets heaps of weak superstar phantom calls from crying and flopping and the other doesn't.

Plus my post was about more than just stats...zion has a trillion times more potential close to the basket...but I get that bron stans only really have stats and moving goal posts to go with.

Pretty similar? It's a 7% difference, you ****ing muppet. Also, the vast majority of LeBron's shots are unassisted. LeBron is also considered to be a top 2-3 GOAT finisher. You want that dude to learn from Zion?

LeBron in his second season - 72.5% (0-3 ft)

Zion in his second season - 64.9% (0-3 ft)

You're a retard.

Bronbron23
01-22-2021, 12:49 AM
In terms of quick second and third jump off two feet to get offensive boards. Malone was known for that. In terms of power, attacking the rim and body size, I agree Barkley is a better comparison.

Yeah moses had nice second and third hops and zions is sick also. It's like he's on a trampoline or something

light
01-22-2021, 12:59 AM

LeBron was a guard coming in the league. Shooting guard, to be precise. He shot a ton of threes and played on the perimeter. Obviously he was also a point guard.

He still won MVPs and championships as a Power Forward.

Zion is just a low post player so he focuses on that.

https://s2.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-01-21-at-9.02.41-PM.png

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2021, 07:22 AM

cmon dude, maybe?

and yes, u hate him

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2021, 07:30 AM
He can't shoot the ball. And his body won't continue to take the punishment for 10 straight years. He needs to add to his game and now. Or he will be just another Giannis.

Trollsmasher
01-22-2021, 07:42 AM
congrats on a PF that can't shoot in 2020 so your spacing is garbage but you can't put him at C because he is too small and an awful defender

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2021, 07:47 AM
James career has gone pretty well.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-22-2021, 07:53 AM
If Zion doesn't actually become really good on defence (right now he actually really sucks). He's "just" another all-star, Amare Stoudemire/Blake Griffin 10th-best-player-in-the-league-at-his-best type.. Having a 4 who can't initiate offense and can't shoot can only take you so far. The whole theory behind him becoming some transformative player is that he was gonna be Draymondesque on defence.

Mr. Woke
01-22-2021, 09:41 AM
Wrong lol.

Zion will never get to LBJ's level.

madmax
01-22-2021, 05:00 PM
If Zion doesn't actually become really good on defence (right now he actually really sucks). He's "just" another all-star, Amare Stoudemire/Blake Griffin 10th-best-player-in-the-league-at-his-best type.. Having a 4 who can't initiate offense and can't shoot can only take you so far. The whole theory behind him becoming some transformative player is that he was gonna be Draymondesque on defence.

this...
and folks were actually laughing at Barkley comparisons, pretending like being compared to one of the most dominant PFs of all time is an insult, while even reaching Chuck's level would be an awesome career for Zion