Ghost1
01-22-2021, 03:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFmk7kzDbiA

:crazysam::crazysam::crazysam:

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2021, 03:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFmk7kzDbiA

:crazysam::crazysam::crazysam:
Is he wrong though? I mean D Mitch is great but can be much better (Wade level like). I can't blame Shaq though. He came into the league and dominated from the start. When most basketball fans call you "The most dominant ever". I understand him 100% because the game has turned soft.

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2021, 03:33 PM
Shaq did this so wrong... what he went for, didnt work at all.

Why would Donovan feel the need to convince him when he comes at him like that.

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 03:36 PM
Is he wrong though? I mean D Mitch is great but can be much better (Wade level like). I can't blame Shaq though. He came into the league and dominated from the start. When most basketball fans call you "The most dominant ever". I understand him 100% because the game has turned soft.

Wade played D and was efficient. Not a good comparison. Lillard is a better one.

fsvr54
01-22-2021, 03:58 PM
Not cringe at all. he's right, Donovan is not and will never be a superstar or a first option on a championship team. It's that simple. Dude is good, but not truly great.

tpols
01-22-2021, 04:13 PM
The thing is Shaq was trying to motivate him. But he did it in a condescending way. Which is why D-Mitch responded how he did.

The ultimate irony is Shaquille O'Neal is probably the highest ranked GOAT that lacked motivation.

Maybe he was speaking from experience.

jmcwilliams
01-22-2021, 04:20 PM
https://www.maxim.com/.image/t_share/MTU1NTIyNDk1MzE3ODEyMzU1/drax-promo-marvel.jpg

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2021, 04:27 PM
Wade played D and was efficient. Not a good comparison. Lillard is a better one.
That's why i said he can be much better. If he can somehow improve his defense that's basically D Wade 2.0.

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 04:31 PM
The thing is Shaq was trying to motivate him. But he did it in a condescending way. Which is why D-Mitch responded how he did.

The ultimate irony is Shaquille O'Neal is probably the highest ranked GOAT that lacked motivation.

Maybe he was speaking from experience.

He wasn't trying to motivate him. He's just an asshole

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 04:32 PM
That's why i said he can be much better. If he can somehow improve his defense that's basically D Wade 2.0.

Wade didn't shoot 3's. Wade got to the line. Wade was a great finisher and playmaker. They are nothing alike really

Airupthere
01-22-2021, 04:50 PM
Shaq can dish it but can shaq take it? Same approach.

insight
01-22-2021, 05:41 PM
Didn't like Shaq's approach! Players should work on weakness while staying true to who they are. Imagine if Hakeem told Shaq, you will never be considered on my level unless you learn to shoot free throws. There are lots of ways to become a Champion MVP level player, Step Curry proved that.

Duderonomy
01-22-2021, 05:55 PM
I think Shaq was trying to motivate Donovan. Didn't Wilt Chamberlain always talk sh** when asked asked about Shaq but he also wanted him to succeed.

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 06:09 PM
I think Shaq was trying to motivate Donovan. Didn't Wilt Chamberlain always talk sh** when asked asked about Shaq but he also wanted him to succeed.

He's not trying to motivate. He's just an asshole

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 06:14 PM
Today, on a different IG post, Durant seemed to weigh in on the exchange between Shaq and Mitchell. “Them old heads need to go enjoy retirement,” Durant commented. “These boys have coaches they work with everyday lol.” (https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/nba-charles-barkley-kevin-durant-inside-the-nba-shaquille-oneal-donovan-mitchell-lebron-james-idiot-opinion-criticism-awkward-media) LeBron James also weighed in: “There’s a difference between constructive criticism and soft hating though. I’ve seen it both ways come my way, mostly the hate. You can hear it in their delivery.”
– via BasketballNews.com Staff @ basketballnews.com (https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/nba-charles-barkley-kevin-durant-inside-the-nba-shaquille-oneal-donovan-mitchell-lebron-james-idiot-opinion-criticism-awkward-media)

fsvr54
01-22-2021, 06:50 PM
He's not trying to motivate. He's just an asshole

Asshole lol. You new generation are so soft. I don't know how you made it past 18.

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 08:09 PM
Ricky Rubio: … come on. Stop hating. He HAS it. Just go and watch his first playoff series as a rookie. Game6. Last year playoff etc… hard worker, never says anything wrong, all heart, elite scorer, humble, great teammate and he just keeps getting better year after year (https://*********.com/social/tweets/).

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 08:13 PM
Asshole lol. You new generation are so soft. I don't know how you made it past 18.

Shaq and I are the same generation. Nothing motivational about being an asshole then or now

bison
01-22-2021, 08:20 PM
Lol he wasn’t trying to motivate jack shit. Who looks to Shaq for inspiration? Top 10 of all time, yes, but also lazy and let himself get out of shape. If this was a one off, spur of the moment comment I might see it as motivation. But shaq long has a pattern of making petty, insecure hater comments on today’s players.

bison
01-22-2021, 08:22 PM
If Kobe said that shit to Mitchell, you KNOW Mitchell would hit the gym straight after the interview.

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2021, 08:27 PM
Wade didn't shoot 3's. Wade got to the line. Wade was a great finisher and playmaker. They are nothing alike really
Those are statistics. His game reminds me of Wade. He can slash at will, he can get to the rim. He shoots better yes! but that doesn't change the fact their offensive game are somehow similar.

Thenameless
01-22-2021, 08:28 PM
Shaq is kind of lucky that he wasn't the same age as some of the all time great centers. His only true contemporary is Alonzo Mourning, who is nothing on the all time centers list. I'm positive that Wilt would have made him look inferior. Shaq would be able to body Kareem, but Kareem would get his against Shaq too, and probably put Shaq into foul trouble as he tires. Prime Shaq beats the rest, but he could still have trouble with Russell (Shaq would have the edge at the start but Russell had fantastic endurance and would be better as Shaq tires), Moses, David Robinson, and Olajuwon.

Yes, Shaq's always had a big head, but I still give him his due. He really is one of the most dominant players ever. And even with that, he left something on the table.

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2021, 08:31 PM
Shaq is kind of lucky that he wasn't the same age as some of the all time great centers. His only true contemporary is Alonzo Mourning, who is nothing on the all time centers list. I'm positive that Wilt would have made him look inferior. Shaq would be able to body Kareem, but Kareem would get his against Shaq too, and probably put Shaq into foul trouble as he tires. Prime Shaq beats the rest, but he could still have trouble with Russell (Shaq would have the edge at the start but Russell had fantastic endurance and would be better as Shaq tires), Moses, David Robinson, and Olajuwon.

Yes, Shaq's always had a big head, but I still give him his due. He really is one of the most dominant players ever. And even with that, he left something on the table.
Wilt is overrated

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2021, 08:49 PM
Those are statistics. His game reminds me of Wade. He can slash at will, he can get to the rim. He shoots better yes! but that doesn't change the fact their offensive game are somehow similar.

He can get to the rim but usually prefers to throw up something else and avoid contact

HoopsNY
01-22-2021, 09:28 PM
There's no excuse for Shaq being an ass. That's not how you motivate players at all.

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2021, 09:50 PM
There's no excuse for Shaq being an ass. That's not how you motivate players at all.

Actually YEAH! D Mitch showed character and Shaq gave him respect for that. (He was basically testing him).

LukeWalton
01-22-2021, 11:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIAKYxL1O2s

compliation of Shaq talking crap lol

Meticode
01-23-2021, 04:47 PM
What Shaq did wasn't right to me and downright disrespectful. A better way he couldv'e put it was, "What do you need to improve on to take your game to the next level and get into the Finals?"

But people like Mitchell and tons of others can use people's hate like Shaq to motivate themselves to shut the very mouths that pass judgement.

It took Shaq 8 whole seasons to win a championship. And a large part of doing it was playing with the second best shooting guard of all time. Then when he won' his 4th after Kobe guess what? He was playing with another Top 5 SG of all-time. Mitchell is in his 4th season. He's 24 years old. The dude still has time to grow and it's not like Mitchell is out there with Shaq-type team-mate to help him carry the load. It's so easy for Shaq to flash his rings and be smug about it. But it takes a team to win that thing. And Shaq was blessed with one of the best teams ever.

Xiao Yao You
01-23-2021, 05:14 PM
What Shaq did wasn't right to me and downright disrespectful. A better way he couldv'e put it was, "What do you need to improve on to take your game to the next level and get into the Finals?"

But people like Mitchell and tons of others can use people's hate like Shaq to motivate themselves to shut the very mouths that pass judgement.

It took Shaq 8 whole seasons to win a championship. And a large part of doing it was playing with the second best shooting guard of all time. Then when he won' his 4th after Kobe guess what? He was playing with another Top 5 SG of all-time. Mitchell is in his 4th season. He's 24 years old. The dude still has time to grow and it's not like Mitchell is out there with Shaq-type team-mate to help him carry the load. It's so easy for Shaq to flash his rings and be smug about it. But it takes a team to win that thing. And Shaq was blessed with one of the best teams ever.

he's not the best player on the team. Highly arguable if he is even the 2nd best player on the team. Others are helping carry the load

Micku
01-23-2021, 05:29 PM
I get what Shaq was trying to do, but there was a better way to phrase that question. I do think he was trying to motivate him and prove him wrong, but I don't think it's the best way to do it.

He isn't really wrong tho.

And Wilt and Kareem would do similar things with Shaq. Wilt and other old heads were talking shit about the defense in the early 90s too and how they would guard MJ. It's a cycle, and it'll always been like this I think. When current players retire, it's gonn'a be the same way I predict.

I really like Kobe's approach tho. Of all the star players who retired, Kobe did it the best. Came up with his "detail" analysis, went through the tape, and gave him solid advice and tips on how to be a better player.

And I like how Shaq and Barkley were teaching how to post up when they frustrated with Blake Griffin and I think Dwight Howard one day.

Anyway, I don't think what Shaq did is straight up asshole, but there are ways to do it better. But he isn't wrong. Atm, Mitchell could be better than he is. Shaq sees that potential, but he isn't there yet. He's trying to lit a fire. If you get trigger from this, and if this gets to the player's head, then how can you overcome challenges? Shaq and Kobe used to go hard at each other and a lot of trash talking. But they used that as fuel to help each other. Sometimes getting a player mad will make them better. Sometimes not. It definitely depends on the player.

Shaq hates on Howard tho.

SATAN
01-23-2021, 07:22 PM
Shaq and I are the same generation. Nothing motivational about being an asshole then or now

The guy who just called you soft has admitted to being a 5 foot 6 *****. You can't make this shit up. The level of retardation on this forum is staggering.

warriorfan
01-23-2021, 07:31 PM
The guy who just called you soft has admitted to being a 5 foot 6 *****. You can't make this shit up. The level of retardation on this forum is staggering.

Welcome back, Doctor P.

:cheers:

Gimmedarock
01-26-2021, 11:50 AM
Old heads hating the modern game. Shaq wouldn’t be seeing the court today so I don’t care how many rings he got. Get that slow old ass post game out of here. If you don’t love the game as it is today then don’t commentate.

Gudo
01-26-2021, 11:53 AM
There is a place to motivate or challenge mitchell. Use that language face to face, not on live tv.

insight
01-26-2021, 02:45 PM
Old heads hating the modern game. Shaq wouldn’t be seeing the court today so I don’t care how many rings he got. Get that slow old ass post game out of here. If you don’t love the game as it is today then don’t commentate.

I disagree with what Shaq said but come on Shaq is a PROBLEM in any era. He would be unstoppable in the modern game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5q-IEh7Kg

hold this L
01-26-2021, 03:14 PM
I disagree with what Shaq said but come on Shaq is a PROBLEM in any era. He would be unstoppable in the modern game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5q-IEh7Kg

Shaq might dominate a bit more offensively, but he would struggle a lot more being switched on guards. The guy was so lazy he wouldn't even go to the 3 point line in the past which spells instant disaster.

Old heads are just annoyingly bitter to present stars.

Xiao Yao You
01-26-2021, 03:24 PM
https://scontent-den4-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p640x640/140865538_1370461689962578_627658864344301609_n.jp g?_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=rvWBza2BkEAAX8jpHxz&tp=1&oh=0650976a428f41725f9fa04fe6b921b9&oe=6038A16D (https://www.instagram.com/p/CKZdQGIlR98/?utm_source=ig_embed)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/shaq-artist-photoshop-donovan-mitchell-dunking/1xu33jrkv97zr17djdztzoirb8

insight
01-26-2021, 03:25 PM
Shaq might dominate a bit more offensively, but he would struggle a lot more being switched on guards. The guy was so lazy he wouldn't even go to the 3 point line in the past which spells instant disaster.

Old heads are just annoyingly bitter to present stars.

What your saying makes no sense. Shaq doesn't need to switch with guards he would stay in the paint and protect the rim. There is no center in the game today that could hold Shaq's jock and that's just real talk. Clint Capel doesn't switch on guards and just scored 27 points, 26 Rebounds and 10 Blocks Shaq's numbers would be ridiculous in todays game.

hold this L
01-26-2021, 04:10 PM
What your saying makes no sense. Shaq doesn't need to switch with guards he would stay in the paint and protect the rim. There is no center in the game today that could hold Shaq's jock and that's just real talk. Clint Capel doesn't switch on guards and just scored 27 points, 26 Rebounds and 10 Blocks Shaq's numbers would be ridiculous in todays game.
What are you on about? Guards always try to get centers switched at the 3 point line. Shaq was a notorious lazy ass dude when it came to leaving the paint. Clint defends guards outside of the paint far better than Shaq would. And no shit, nowhere did I saw that any centers are as good as Shaq, can you read?

Xiao Yao You
01-26-2021, 09:58 PM
https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/1/26/22250823/utah-house-of-representatives-pass-resolution-honoring-donovan-mitchell-shaquille-oneal

BigShotBob
01-27-2021, 12:12 AM
Shaq did nothing wrong.

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2021, 12:17 AM
Shaq did nothing wrong.

Nope. It's his right to make a fool of himself. God bless America!

insight
01-27-2021, 11:40 AM
What are you on about? Guards always try to get centers switched at the 3 point line. Shaq was a notorious lazy ass dude when it came to leaving the paint. Clint defends guards outside of the paint far better than Shaq would. And no shit, nowhere did I saw that any centers are as good as Shaq, can you read?
All of the greatest in NBA history lived in the paint, when your 7 1" and 350 pounds you don't belong on the perimeter guarding point guards. Any coach that would try to use that defensive strategy should not be coaching in the NBA. Plus There was no illegal defense back then, everything was man defense, players were not switching all the time and there was no zone defense.
I thought it was you who said "
Shaq wouldn’t be seeing the court today so I don’t care how many rings he got."

Smoke117
01-27-2021, 02:15 PM
Not cringe at all. he's right, Donovan is not and will never be a superstar or a first option on a championship team. It's that simple. Dude is good, but not truly great.

This. Shaq lacks tact but he isn’t wrong.

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2021, 03:08 PM
Tony Jones: Donovan Mitchell is OUT tonight for the Utah Jazz, as he enters the NBA’s concussion protocol (https://*********.com/social/)
– via Twitter Tjonesonthenba (https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba)