PDA

View Full Version : I can finally see why Kyrie has made his teams worse

LoneyROY7
01-22-2021, 10:57 PM
When you watch him play-in and play-out, it's painfully obvious.

Cat puts up some of the most empty calorie points you'll see off of mainly iso jumpers, doesn't look for his teammates whatsoever, and then gets beat every single possession on defense.

Tough to watch.

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2021, 11:00 PM
Yeah he sure gets his, in fact gets better every year at getting his, but no one will get theirs while he gets his, at least he wont look for them. He's a non-playmaker, and his size gets exposed defensively.

He adds nothing outside of his individual scoring, even if its quite efficient scoring.

If he were to tone his role down (which is tough since he's mega skilled and he has the ability to get 30+ every night), he could be a MEAN 3rd option.

But will that happen?

As long as he takes more shots than Harden, he is underselling this team.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2021, 11:08 PM
This team isn't SUPER stacked as currently constructed like you were trying hard to sell everyone. Especially with how some of the pieces are awkward fits.

Time to walk that take back.

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2021, 11:11 PM
This team isn't SUPER stacked as currently constructed like you were trying hard to sell everyone. Especially with how some of the pieces are awkward fits.

This team is stacked through the roof so much that the entire balance of the NBA has been questioned again.

Why are you backtracking is the q.

What happened to scary hours doe

Proctor
01-22-2021, 11:11 PM
Scary Hours!

:roll: :yaohappy:

Wally450
01-22-2021, 11:12 PM
See my avatar.

This isn't anything new.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2021, 11:13 PM
This team is stacked through the roof so much that the entire balance of the NBA has been questioned again.

Why are you backtracking is the q.

What happened to scary hours doe

You were in tears crying about Bron losing a championship. That wasn't me.

Your analysis was poor, taking zero account into the defense or the fit. But that's not unexpected.

Ghost1
01-22-2021, 11:14 PM
Scary Hours!

Jinx Edward Harden Jr. :roll::roll::roll:

8Ball
01-22-2021, 11:14 PM

Cat puts up some of the most empty calorie points you'll see off of mainly iso jumpers, doesn't look for his teammates whatsoever, and then gets beat every single possession on defense.

Tough to watch.

Us LeBron fans have been saying it for years.

It was like reigning in a wild horse. And he doesn't play defence.

FireDavidKahn
01-22-2021, 11:15 PM
Mariah Kyrie:(

RRR3
01-22-2021, 11:17 PM
LeBron winning with the Kyancer as his sidekick should be worth 10 rings tbh.

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2021, 11:20 PM
You were in tears crying about Bron losing a championship. That wasn't me.

Your analysis was poor, taking zero account into the defense or the fit. But that's not unexpected.

Scary Hours bro!

999Guy
01-22-2021, 11:21 PM
Scary hours :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
01-22-2021, 11:22 PM
You watch the beautiful synergy KD and Harden played with in the 1st 2 games, finding each-other and their teammates effortlessly.

And then you watch Kyrie...just do Kyrie. It's night and day. Painful really.

Shooter
01-22-2021, 11:22 PM
It was very painful watching him in Cleveland with LeBron.

To this Day!

TO THIS DAY!

https://youtu.be/J4W4Hn_i8XQ?t=46

I have no idea how the hell LeBron won with him as a #2 option. He elevated him to a level we will never see again.

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2021, 11:23 PM
You watch the beautiful synergy KD and Harden played with in the 1st 2 games, finding each-other and their teammates effortlessly.

I really would have enjoyed seing a KD/Harden 1-2 punch (although Id have rather seen Harden in Philly with Embiid. Let KD rot away with Kyrie, he's had enough fake rings).. they should have had Irving in that trade.

But hey, they wouldnt have known what we're seing now.

Proctor
01-22-2021, 11:23 PM

You can still go back to the Rockets or Clippers. If it's going poorly, just switch teams again. If kokak can, you can! :D

JohnMax
01-22-2021, 11:25 PM
Kyrie isn't nearly good enough to win as a first option, and is too selfish and ball dominant to be a third option.

That's just the problem, and you don't even realize it. Kyrie will always be your 1 or 2, and you will never win a championship because of it. Just like Iverson. They're "better players" than Allen, easily... but if I'm a coach, and I'm building a team designed to win, I would rather have Ray Allen than either one of them. I'd take Dennis Rodman over Russell Westbrook. I'm sure a lot of people would read this and think I'm out of my mind, and I'm cool with that.

LoneyROY7
You can still go back to the Rockets or Clippers. If it's going poorly, just switch teams again. If kokak can, you can! :D

You're really obsessed with me. It's not healthy.

RRR3
Loney you’re welcome to join me in the Kyrie hater club. But I suspect if he keeps marginalizing Harden he’ll be traded.

Imagine the arrogance you have to possess to take more shots than the two best scorers of their generation :oldlol:

Shooter
01-22-2021, 11:27 PM

Proctor is one of those confused trolls. He just hates everyone I think. He needs friends in real life.

Shooter
01-22-2021, 11:28 PM
Loney you’re welcome to join me in the Kyrie hater club. But I suspect if he keeps marginalizing Harden he’ll be traded.

Imagine the arrogance you have to possess to take more shots than the two best scorers of their generation :oldlol:

Harden won the last 3 scoring titles in row and averaged 36 in 2019 but Mariah Kyrie wants to take more shots :lol :lol

imdaman99
01-22-2021, 11:29 PM
Scapegoating culture gotta stop. Kyrie is not the problem, the defense is. Getting all upset because of 2 losses :facepalm

Proctor
01-22-2021, 11:34 PM
You made the thread, handsome.

RRR3
01-22-2021, 11:37 PM
Harden won the last 3 scoring titles in row and averaged 36 in 2019 but Mariah Kyrie wants to take more shots :lol :lol
Kyrie is literally only a positive if Papa Bron is there to rein in his idiocy and cancerousness.

3ball
01-22-2021, 11:44 PM
Kyrie is a questionable floor-raiser, but good champion-maker

Smoke117
01-23-2021, 12:14 AM
LeBron winning with the Kyancer as his sidekick should be worth 10 rings tbh.

Eh, at that point in his career he didn't have enough clout to go off the deep end. He had to keep it together and pretend to still be a normal functioning NBA player.

AlternativeAcc.
01-23-2021, 12:25 AM
Yeah, he's literally atrocious.

He's a net negative

He's one of the biggest cancers in league history, if not the biggest.

RRR3
01-23-2021, 12:27 AM
Yeah, he's literally atrocious.

He's a net negative

He's one of the biggest cancers in league history, if not the biggest.
High IQ post. Bron has 13 rings. +10 rings for winning with the biggest cancer ever.

3ball
01-23-2021, 12:29 AM
He's a net negative

Yes lebron was a net negative in the 2013 Finals

Still a HOF tho

RRR3
01-23-2021, 12:31 AM
I am 5’3 and used to get bullied at the park by the local ballers so I made up a D1 career to feel better about myself
:lol

Bronbron23
01-23-2021, 12:32 AM

Said this from jump. No defense and kyrie thinks he's the man on that team. With bron it worked because he knew his place and the cavs had defensive pieces that could make up for kyries bad defense. No way in hell nets can win a chip.

What kind of sucks is you can tell harden wants to play the right way. They'd have a better chance with kyrie. Should trade him for some rebounding and defensive pieces.

Spurs m8
01-23-2021, 12:40 AM
This low iq pleb stans the leagues BIGGEST LOSER, and has the audacity to pay out Kyrie hahahah

Did James ever average nearly 30ppg in a finals series and hit the leagues biggest shot?

The nets have a losing record with Harden...didn't have one with Kyrie before Harden.

Loney...suck a d1ck and start stanning someone who isn't the epitome of a fat, unwatchable loser

ArbitraryWater
01-23-2021, 12:42 AM
This low iq pleb stans the leagues BIGGEST LOSER, and has the audacity to pay out Kyrie hahahah

Did James ever average nearly 30ppg in a finals series and hit the leagues biggest shot?

The nets have a losing record with Harden...didn't have one with Kyrie before Harden.

Loney...suck a d1ck and start stanning someone who isn't the epitome of a fat, unwatchable loser

dude every post of yours is the same

you come across absolutely miserable

LoneyROY7
01-23-2021, 12:45 AM

It must be rough embarrassing yourself literally every time you hit reply. Jesus.

The Nets don't have a losing record with Harden. They are 2-2. And they are 2-0 without Kyrie.

RRR3
01-23-2021, 12:50 AM
You have to be truly stupid to think Kyrie is better than Harden. Par for the course for Dumbass m8

HBK_Kliq_2
01-23-2021, 12:52 AM
The team was better off building around Durant and Harden + role players, like how clippers are with Kawhi/George. Keep Jarrett Allen and trade Irving but obviously that pisses Durant off.

You throw Irving into the mix and you went from beating bucks to losing to Cavs Hahahaha three different high usage players have never been successful together.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-23-2021, 12:59 AM
It was very painful watching him in Cleveland with LeBron.

To this Day!

TO THIS DAY!

https://youtu.be/J4W4Hn_i8XQ?t=46

I have no idea how the hell LeBron won with him as a #2 option. He elevated him to a level we will never see again.

Deontay Wilder is cringy as $#&@.

tpols
01-23-2021, 01:07 AM
He's an iso player. Not an engine. But I've seen him dominate late stage FIBA and NBA playoffs... OP... it's been TWO games. You're rustled, but need to understand that Kyrie is a mounted machine gun. He doesn't drive the tank, but all of a sudden when you need it most, he makes it rain. You feel me?

kabacho
01-23-2021, 01:26 AM
Hes basically a godly street ball player.

zeerghit
01-23-2021, 01:32 AM
way too early to say

Mask the Embiid
01-23-2021, 01:40 AM

if that aint the pot calling the muthafukin kettle black :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
01-23-2021, 01:50 AM
Kyarrhea

NBAGOAT
01-23-2021, 01:53 AM
He's an iso player. Not an engine. But I've seen him dominate late stage FIBA and NBA playoffs... OP... it's been TWO games. You're rustled, but need to understand that Kyrie is a mounted machine gun. He doesn't drive the tank, but all of a sudden when you need it most, he makes it rain. You feel me?

He’s done it once in the finals. 2017 finals he scored a lot but had some bad games and was average efficiency wise. Obviously Boston fans know about 2019. Crazy how one series gets valued so hard and gives Kyrie the benefit of the doubt no matter what. Kawhi has one subpar series vs Denver and no one talks about playoff kawhi anymore meanwhile when he has multiple years of great playoff runs.

FIBA come on now patty mills has done more in FIBA than a lot of nba stars Kyrie included and it doesn’t mean shit.

The problem with Kyrie being a machine gun even though it brings a lot of positive value is this team is the last team that needs it. They have more than enough scoring and shooting without Kyrie. I mean you have the 2 best scorers in the league besides maybe curry (Srry bron stans) and one of best shooters in the league in Harris and a few other competent pieces. Running too many plays for Kyrie is a problem when you underuse an even more effective weapon, in this case harden is sacrificing ball handling duties

Shooter
01-23-2021, 01:54 AM
Deontay Wilder is cringy as $#&@.

+1

Lost a match to Tyson Jokic twice :lol

dankok8
01-23-2021, 02:01 AM
Oh please. Kyrie hasn't done anything cancerous these two games. He's balled his ass off. Problem for this team is no KD because with him playing off ball they are top tier offensively. Harden and Kyrie can't really play off of each other that well but KD can play really well off of either. However, their biggest in fact by far their biggest problem is defense and that's largely effort. Drummond and Allen were killing the Nets on the glass. You can't blame Kyrie for that. Yes he's not a good defender but he's not the main reason this team sucks on defense IMO. It's lack of energy, poor rotations and just no physicality.

Axe
01-23-2021, 06:17 AM
The team was better off building around Durant and Harden + role players, like how clippers are with Kawhi/George. Keep Jarrett Allen and trade Irving but obviously that pisses Durant off.

You throw Irving into the mix and you went from beating bucks to losing to Cavs Hahahaha three different high usage players have never been successful together.
Wish the league gets to see kyrie shipped to the clippers so he can play with kawhi. Must be a good combo in the playoffs.

Shooter
01-23-2021, 10:39 AM
Imagine being Kyrie.

James Harden won the scoring title the last three straight years but Mariah Kyrie wants to take more shots :lol

If he keeps it up he will be traded

ArbitraryWater
01-23-2021, 11:00 AM
Oh please. Kyrie hasn't done anything cancerous these two games. He's balled his ass off. Problem for this team is no KD because with him playing off ball they are top tier offensively. Harden and Kyrie can't really play off of each other that well but KD can play really well off of either. However, their biggest in fact by far their biggest problem is defense and that's largely effort. Drummond and Allen were killing the Nets on the glass. You can't blame Kyrie for that. Yes he's not a good defender but he's not the main reason this team sucks on defense IMO. It's lack of energy, poor rotations and just no physicality.

Haha

Someone needs to question his understanding for basketball

warriorfan
01-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Scary Hours!

:roll:

StrongLurk
01-23-2021, 12:07 PM
Lol bro Nets aren't losing right now because of Kyrie, they are losing because they have zero interior defense and zero rebounding.

CTbasketball92
01-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Takes like just feel so lazy. Last night, KD wasn’t there. The only times the Nets have even been close to winning or have won the last few games is with KD dropping 30 or 40 points and then Joe Harris shooting the lights out. Someone needed to take and make shots with KD out yesterday and Kyrie was that guy. If you ignore his nominal position, there’s nothing wrong with that, especially considering that he’s playing off ball with Harden. Harden needs to shoot 18+ times every game, not 14 when the team is losing. But Kyrie isn’t the main problem. The issue is their defense and the fact that they’ve got one serviceable big man on the entire roster. Cleveland has like 4 and guards to penetrate. Just a mismatch .

Bronbron23
01-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Lol bro Nets aren't losing right now because of Kyrie, they are losing because they have zero interior defense and zero rebounding.

Bingo. This is as basic as it gets. Even in an era that is catered towards offense you still have to defend and rebound. These are basic principles.

And it's not just because of kyrie but he definitely adds on to the no defense and no rebounding. They'd be way better if they got rid of kyrie for a couple players who can give them that.

CTbasketball92
01-23-2021, 01:12 PM
He’s done it once in the finals. 2017 finals he scored a lot but had some bad games and was average efficiency wise. Obviously Boston fans know about 2019. Crazy how one series gets valued so hard and gives Kyrie the benefit of the doubt no matter what. Kawhi has one subpar series vs Denver and no one talks about playoff kawhi anymore meanwhile when he has multiple years of great playoff runs.

FIBA come on now patty mills has done more in FIBA than a lot of nba stars Kyrie included and it doesn’t mean shit.

The problem with Kyrie being a machine gun even though it brings a lot of positive value is this team is the last team that needs it. They have more than enough scoring and shooting without Kyrie. I mean you have the 2 best scorers in the league besides maybe curry (Srry bron stans) and one of best shooters in the league in Harris and a few other competent pieces. Running too many plays for Kyrie is a problem when you underuse an even more effective weapon, in this case harden is sacrificing ball handling duties

I think a good amount of this is coaching, but from what I’ve seen Kyrie’s gotten the ball and made decisions within like two seconds. Harden doesn’t have to sacrifice his touches, he’s definitely trying too hard to fit in. With their roster being so gutted, they gotta play hero ball until they fill out.

MaxPlayer
01-23-2021, 01:15 PM

This.

When you have KD and Harden, you want a #3 who's a complementary player, not another chucker taking shots away from them.

FireDavidKahn
01-23-2021, 01:25 PM

Maybe he shouldn't have held the Nets hostage and go AWOL until they traded for Harden?

RRR3
01-23-2021, 01:30 PM
People who don’t think the Nets are losing because of Kyrie really haven’t been paying attention.

2018: Celtics have basically same winning percentage when Kyrie is out as they did when he was healthy, do great without him in the playoffs (ECF)

2019: Celtics do BETTER when Kyrie is out than when he was healthy. Kyrie is healthy for the playoffs and completely embarrasses himself against the Bucks in the second round.

2020: Nets do BETTER when Kyrie is out than when he was healthy. Make the playoffs despite him playing like 30% of the year.

2021: Nets win first two games after Harden trade, Kyrie comes back, instantly lose two in a row to the Cavs.

How many years in a row do you guys need to see this happening to realize Kyrie makes teams worse? :lol

Shooter
01-23-2021, 01:57 PM
People who don’t think the Nets are losing because of Kyrie really haven’t been paying attention.

2018: Celtics have basically same winning percentage when Kyrie is out as they did when he was healthy, do great without him in the playoffs (ECF)

2019: Celtics do BETTER when Kyrie is out than when he was healthy. Kyrie is healthy for the playoffs and completely embarrasses himself against the Bucks in the second round.

2020: Nets do BETTER when Kyrie is out than when he was healthy. Make the playoffs despite him playing like 30% of the year.

2021: Nets win first two games after Harden trade, Kyrie comes back, instantly lose two in a row to the Cavs.

How many years in a row do you guys need to see this happening to realize Kyrie makes teams worse? :lol

:lol Bingo

FireDavidKahn
01-23-2021, 02:01 PM

Plus he could never lead the Cavs to the play offs.

Spurs m8
01-23-2021, 04:53 PM
Plus he could never lead the Cavs to the play offs.

He was basically a kid in his years there before bron....you complete and utter spastic

Jesus christ your mom missed the mark with you

Keno
01-23-2021, 05:09 PM
See my avatar.

This isn't anything new.

this.

non-casuals fans knew this already from time.

Doranku
01-23-2021, 05:10 PM
As a wise man with an expertise in superteams once said, Rome wasn't built in one day. Maybe wait longer than a week before making these type of indictments.

light
01-23-2021, 08:38 PM

Tough to watch.

That's why Cleveland was always benching him in 4th quarters of close games - one of his reasons for wanting out of Cleveland - but then it kept happening under Brad Stevens. :facepalm

iamgine
01-23-2021, 08:51 PM
I think Kyrie will make the adjustment to being Alfred. Just a matter of time. Harden controls the ball and KD is clearly Batman. If you see the way KD talked to Kyrie, it seems he has no problem speaking harshly.

The more pressing issue is they need defensive big.

ArbitraryWater
01-23-2021, 09:38 PM
I think Kyrie will make the adjustment to being Alfred. Just a matter of time. Harden controls the ball and KD is clearly Batman. If you see the way KD talked to Kyrie, it seems he has no problem speaking harshly.

The more pressing issue is they need defensive big.

what r u refering to?

Spurs m8
01-24-2021, 12:02 AM
Kyrie saved ops loser hero, tonight...no surprise.

Cancer Harden shot 2 fgs and 0% from 3 with 6 turnovers....what an absolute bum...fvck.

Kyrie a casual 28 from 60% shooting both from the field and 3...with 7 assists and only 2 turnovers.

This loser is gonna cost them a ring like he cost the rockets all these years.

Proctor
01-24-2021, 12:07 AM

Cancer Harden shot 2 fgs and 0% from 3 with 6 turnovers....what an absolute bum...fvck.

Kyrie a casual 28 from 60% shooting both from the field and 3...with 7 assists and only 2 turnovers.

And OP is back into hiding.

Spurs m8
01-24-2021, 12:11 AM

light
01-24-2021, 01:08 AM

Whoa... are you saying the Nets have 2 cancers?

Their case is terminal.

LoneyROY7
01-24-2021, 01:58 AM

Hey look this creep made another post about me. :oldlol:

I don't like you. I'm sorry.

Smoke117
01-24-2021, 02:00 AM
Ironic thread considering Harden was doing his very best to shoot the Rockets out of the series vs the Warriors in 2018. As I've said A THOUSAND TIMES and Loney has himself admitted...it was Paul who made all the big plays and shots in their 2nd and 3rd wins while Harden was trying to shoot them out of the series with moronic step back 3pters when he couldn't hit shit. I don't think it's any surprise they then lost the series up 3-2 when Paul went down winning them game 5. Harden puts up big numbers in the regular season, but he doesn't show up when it matters.

dankok8
01-24-2021, 02:25 AM
Kyrie has been an absolute beast this season. He even had a few nice defensive sequences today. Whoever hates on this guy doesn't know what they're talking about. Nets' biggest problems defensively are lack of cohesion which should improve with time and a lack of post defense and rebounding which they likely need to upgrade their roster to address. For what it's worth they did play much better D in this game than they did against the Cavs even if the final score doesn't reflect it.

Harden struggled today and him making 2 FG doesn't concern but him taking 8 FGA does. He shouldn't be shooting that little.

Spurs m8
01-24-2021, 02:40 AM
The hate he gets is just weird.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with the way he plays

It's either Bron stans still crying he was an equal part of the 16 finals run...
Or that he left bron because brons an ungrateful and condescending snake.
Oh ..and a back stabbing cvnt that tried to trade Kyrie for PG.

Or its a casual who's riled up Kyrie likes conspiracy theories.

LAL
01-24-2021, 04:47 AM

It's either Bron stans still crying he was an equal part of the 16 finals run...

As long as Kyrie shuts up, adjusts and produces. Most will be happy for him. (Excluding bronsexuals)

The problem is the Nets know they could trade him and get much better potentially. I'd trade Kyrie over Harden too if i was part of Nets management. Why do you need Kyrie if you have James Harden and KD?

He's going to get alot of blame because of his playstyle not really fitting better with KD and his physique, having worse pg vision than Harden too. Then the mental problems, defense, the coach..

It's going to be interesting.

Smoke117
01-24-2021, 05:08 AM
As a wise man with an expertise in superteams once said, Rome wasn't built in one day. Maybe wait longer than a week before making these type of indictments.

I'm honestly curious, are you even a real Laker fan? We've seen a lot of Kobe fans come and go who haven't given a shit about the Lakers after him so I'm curious if you are even an actual Laker fan or not? Considering you've basically almost stopped posting after Kobrick retired and you basically only post now to hate on LeBron...a player ON YOUR TEAM (supposedly), I'm actually curious if you actually care about the Lakers now that Kobe is gone?

Smoke117
01-24-2021, 05:13 AM

You really need some help...your obsession with LeBron is reaching levels that even 3ball would be embarrassed about. Why does some athlete you watch on the television infuriate you so much? I'm honestly curious as it's just baffling and hilarious how his existence just riles you up so. :oldlol: Does eastern europe suck this much ass you have to spew your hatred onto an american NBA board? I'm honestly curious, sweetheart.

light
01-24-2021, 08:35 AM

This isn't true. People have hated on Kyrie for the way he plays since he's been playing, because he's a narcissistic, insecure ball hog. He feels threatened by the presence of other scorers on his own team and it shows in his game. That's always been the criticism of his game.

And it isn't exactly weird to hate on someone like him because he's turned into such a prototypical sports prima donna - we're almost obligated to hate on him. And he actually makes it fun whenever he talks (because cringe) so that attracts more people in to hate.

RRR3
01-24-2021, 10:27 AM
I'm honestly curious, are you even a real Laker fan? We've seen a lot of Kobe fans come and go who haven't given a shit about the Lakers after him so I'm curious if you are even an actual Laker fan or not? Considering you've basically almost stopped posting after Kobrick retired and you basically only post now to hate on LeBron...a player ON YOUR TEAM (supposedly), I'm actually curious if you actually care about the Lakers now that Kobe is gone?
Doranku doesn’t hate on LeBron anymore lol you got him mixed up with someone.

CTbasketball92
01-24-2021, 01:55 PM
Kyrie reaching his top 10 player status over the last three years *chef's kiss*.

CTbasketball92
01-24-2021, 04:17 PM
As long as Kyrie shuts up, adjusts and produces. Most will be happy for him. (Excluding bronsexuals)

The problem is the Nets know they could trade him and get much better potentially. I'd trade Kyrie over Harden too if i was part of Nets management. Why do you need Kyrie if you have James Harden and KD?

He's going to get alot of blame because of his playstyle not really fitting better with KD and his physique, having worse pg vision than Harden too. Then the mental problems, defense, the coach..

It's going to be interesting.

Harden is better, but Kyrie and KD were already probably the second best duo in the league before Harden got there. They were very seamless. I'd take them over PG and Kawhi in a playoff matchup if they have a decent supporting cast. Also I'd consider the idea that Kyrie is just reaching his peak now. Between 2018 and now he's gotten better at all phases of the game. Harden is better, but Kyrie almost three years younger.

999Guy
01-24-2021, 04:34 PM
Harden is better, but Kyrie and KD were already probably the second best duo in the league before Harden got there. They were very seamless. I'd take them over PG and Kawhi in a playoff matchup if they have a decent supporting cast. Also I'd consider the idea that Kyrie is just reaching his peak now. Between 2018 and now he's gotten better at all phases of the game. Harden is better, but Kyrie almost three years younger.

Kyrie and KD over Kawhi/George....Good lord god almighty

Doranku
01-24-2021, 06:50 PM

The last post I made about LeBron was talking about how crazy his longevity is and that he's about to drop 25+/6+/6+ for the 16th season in a row. :oldlol:

It is YOU who is incapable of making any objective analysis about the players you don't like. Unlike you, "Hornets and Suns 4lyfe", I don't need to switch my team every other season when my favorite players get traded.

LAL
01-25-2021, 07:37 AM

Ofcourse almost any team wants a duo like KD/Irving.

But there's one team that doesn't really need Kyrie on their team, and that's the Brooklyn Nets because they already have KD and Harden.

Unless Kyrie does the right things and impresses with adapting to his team's needs.

LAL
01-25-2021, 08:04 AM
I see it as Kyrie suddenly finding himself in a position where he's less comfortable and has less to say.

Here's what i think could happen,

1. He's going to keep playing his own game, faillures will be mostly blamed on him.

2. Season ending injury for Harden or KD, green light, no problem.

3. He's going to finally shut his trap and truly adapt to whatever the team needs (less shots, more passing, more off ball, impress defensively etc) and accept third option for a better chance of winning and happier teammates.

rplozano23
01-25-2021, 08:35 AM

So true. Although his handles are still the same, his handles were already GOAT level in 2015, he has learned to set up his midrange better and varries his attack more. He is more efficient in his movements and attacks faster, also uses the triple threat now.

LoneyROY7
01-25-2021, 09:53 AM
After further analysis, I've concluded that making judgements off of small sample sizes is a disservice to my high basketball IQ.

Apologies.