PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers lead on the rest of the league defensively is starting to grow

Nike D'Antoni
01-24-2021, 05:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsgOTF-VEAAjlf5?format=jpg&name=medium

k 96
01-25-2021, 01:36 AM
You can thank ESPN and its paid off NBA refs.

light
01-25-2021, 06:02 AM
That's insane.

No one expected that. Not even me and I'm usually the most optimistic, but I thought the offense would improve and the defense would drop from 3rd to 5th. Instead they both improved!

LeBron's teams always find a way to exceed everyone's expectations.

TheGoatest
01-25-2021, 07:41 AM
Damn, currently the difference between 1 and 2 is as big as the one between 2 and 8.

lilteapot
01-25-2021, 11:22 AM
That's impressive. When they're locked in they are scary defensively. I do expect that to dip as the season goes on, once they lock in a playoff spot. But it's a good sign of their potential.

bison
01-25-2021, 03:37 PM
It’s not as important to have great one-on-one lockdown defenders in today’s game as it was 15 years ago. The lakers seemed to get ahead on this trend by stressing team defense. You don’t think of guys like kcp, Caruso, Schroeder and kuzma as being great lockdown defenders. But they are quick and smart when it comes to rotating, recovering on d and getting into lanes. Clippers D is not as great even considering they have lockdown guys like PG13, Kawhi and Ibaka. And laker fans cried when we lost Dwight and McGee.