PDA

View Full Version : If Brady is doing it at 43, Lebron shouldn't have an excuse

Walk on Water
01-25-2021, 02:16 AM
Football is a much tougher sport than basketball and there's so much more contact. Brady is 43 and still on top of his game. He isn't even nearly as big as Lebron. So we hear about Lebron doing it at 36. He still has a way to go before he reaches the Brady longevity territory. Now some of you will say that basketball is more fast paced, but Lebron is pacing himself and plays more like a football player anyway. I don't see why Lebron can't play until 40s. Jordan played until he was 40. Jordan scored 50 points when he came back and was nearly 40. Let's see if Lebron can score 50 in a couple years.

Axe
01-25-2021, 02:19 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/u45iG6MuZpBd079nZY/giphy.gif

TheGoatest
01-25-2021, 02:32 AM
Brady plays a sport where he has 0% impact on 50% of the game.
Brady plays a sport where every play that takes a place once every 30 seconds all he usually has to do is take a few steps back and throw the ball. He barely does any running. There is a reason why Peyton Manning and Drew Brees still dominated in their late 30s.

And maybe you should wait a couple of weeks before you start hyping Brady. Remember, he still has a chance to lose the Super Bowl, which according to LeBron hater logic would be worse than had he not made the playoffs. :roll:

highwhey
01-25-2021, 02:54 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/dV7gWRYX/IMG-1613.jpg

want to know what's even more wild?

as of last season, LeBron has a 58% finals chance, that's more than steph curry's career 3pt percentage :eek:

Axe
01-25-2021, 03:19 AM

as of last season, LeBron has a 58% finals chance, that's more than steph curry's career 3pt percentage :eek:
:lebronamazed:

Walk on Water
01-25-2021, 04:02 AM

He's lost 6 finals out of 10. That's 60 percent.

Walk on Water
01-25-2021, 04:02 AM
Brady plays a sport where every play that takes a place once every 30 seconds all he usually has to do is take a few steps back and throw the ball. He barely does any running. There is a reason why Peyton Manning and Drew Brees still dominated in their late 30s.

And maybe you should wait a couple of weeks before you start hyping Brady. Remember, he still has a chance to lose the Super Bowl, which according to LeBron hater logic would be worse than had he not made the playoffs. :roll:

Brady already won 6 superbowls. Winning this one would be a bonus.

TheGoatest
01-25-2021, 04:19 AM
Brady already won 6 superbowls. Winning this one would be a bonus.

But he also lost some.
And isn't Joe Montana 4/4 in Super Bowls? So how can Brady be considered greater than Montana?

Spurs m8
01-25-2021, 04:22 AM
Let's hope this LePED is not still around then...

The league is gonna be a better place without this goon and his ego

He is also no Brady and not even close

light
01-25-2021, 05:57 AM
Football is a much tougher sport than basketball and there's so much more contact. Brady is 43 and still on top of his game. He isn't even nearly as big as Lebron. So we hear about Lebron doing it at 36. He still has a way to go before he reaches the Brady longevity territory. Now some of you will say that basketball is more fast paced, but Lebron is pacing himself and plays more like a football player anyway. I don't see why Lebron can't play until 40s. Jordan played until he was 40. Jordan scored 50 points when he came back and was nearly 40. Let's see if Lebron can score 50 in a couple years.

Football is not tougher for a quarterback. QBs have long played into their 40s. They were doing that back in the 70s. Brady has to play 5 more years to catch George Blanda.

8Ball
01-25-2021, 06:12 AM

?

Wtf was Jordan doing at 40 but losing? Bron gonna play just as many seasons as Brady.

Gtfo

k0kakw0rld
01-25-2021, 06:21 AM
You are an idiot. Please ban this idiot. You are comparing a Quarterback to a Basketball player :facepalm

Plus Brady isn't doing anything. If anything it was luck more than anything else.

The man was trying to give the game away to Rodgers and he choked.
3 Interceptions in the second half but no one is talking about it. :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
01-25-2021, 06:25 AM
The mileage isn't the same.
Brady plays once a week

He plays the most protected position in all sports, the Quarterback position. This means they are trying everything they can to prevent the opponent from hitting him.

You are a moron and whoever agrees with him, is too.

k0kakw0rld
01-25-2021, 06:27 AM
Let's hope this LePED is not still around then...

The league is gonna be a better place without this goon and his ego

He is also no Brady and not even close
You are correct, he is a better athlete, a better sport figure, a better human being than Brady.

One is fighting for justice, the other is a well documented Trump supporter.

You are correct he is no Brady.

coin24
01-25-2021, 07:04 AM

4/10

Career loser:lol

ImKobe
01-25-2021, 09:09 AM

Brady's taken a lot of hits over the 20 years though, there's a much higher chance for him to get injured tbh so it's incredible that he still looks 90% of the same he did during his prime years. Lebron takes a ton of contact driving to the hoop as well but he's bigger & stronger than 99% of the league and you can't even touch him on his drives in today's league.

It's much harder to make the SB in the NFL than it is to make the Finals in the NBA. Losing in the SB doesn't do anything for his legacy as he's already won more and started in more SBs than any other QB in league history & it's not like they're going in as favorites, they were underdogs their last 2 games and will be in this one as well.

iamgine
01-25-2021, 09:20 AM
If Larry Holmes was still boxing at 53, then Brady has no excuse. Boxing is a much more brutal sport than football.

What kind of retarded logic is this. :roll:

GOBB
01-25-2021, 09:20 AM
Brady's taken a lot of hits over the 20 years though, there's a much higher chance for him to get injured tbh so it's incredible that he still looks 90% of the same he did during his prime years. Lebron takes a ton of contact driving to the hoop as well but he's bigger & stronger than 99% of the league and you can't even touch him on his drives in today's league.

It's much harder to make the SB in the NFL than it is to make the Finals in the NBA. Losing in the SB doesn't do anything for his legacy as he's already won more and started in more SBs than any other QB in league history & it's not like they're going in as favorites, they were underdogs their last 2 games and will be in this one as well.

Brady is not at any more of a risk to get injured than Bron is. Stop

ImKobe
01-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Brady is not at any more of a risk to get injured than Bron is. Stop

Maybe not as much in today's NFL with rule changes, but he certainly was way more likely in the 2000s. Also, he did have an ACL injury coming off his peak statistical season. Lebron's a freak athlete who's never had a major injury, so it's not as surprising that he's still playing at a high level as we've seen players like Kareem and Malone do it around his age, no one's done it at Brady's age in the NFL. He won the MVP at age 40. He broke the post-season single game yards record in the SB at 40. He's gone to the SB 5 times (6 times in the Conference Championship) in the last 7 years at age 37-43.

Derka
01-25-2021, 09:30 AM
But he also lost some.
And isn't Joe Montana 4/4 in Super Bowls? So how can Brady be considered greater than Montana?

Montana wasn't good enough to get there six times to equal Brady's ring count, let alone ten.

Wally450
01-25-2021, 09:32 AM
What a terrible take by OP yet again.

GOBB
01-25-2021, 10:39 AM
Maybe not as much in today's NFL with rule changes, but he certainly was way more likely in the 2000s. Also, he did have an ACL injury coming off his peak statistical season. Lebron's a freak athlete who's never had a major injury, so it's not as surprising that he's still playing at a high level as we've seen players like Kareem and Malone do it around his age, no one's done it at Brady's age in the NFL. He won the MVP at age 40. He broke the post-season single game yards record in the SB at 40. He's gone to the SB 5 times (6 times in the Conference Championship) in the last 7 years at age 37-43.

Not difficult for any QB to play into 40’s in today’s NFL. People talk up the age factor in a league where QBs are protected which adds to their longevity. Drew Brees is done but he played into 40’s. And his injury >>> anything Brady has had. Big Ben just threw for 500yds at 38 in the playoffs. Arod is 37 and just had arguably the best season he’s ever had. While outperforming Tom Brady yesterday. I don’t put much stock into the ages of a QB. Context is everything. Much like the NBA where teams shoot 3’s at a ridiculous rate. Blake Griffin had a 1-14 from 3 game. My point? Stats need full context before we start pretending it’s something we never seen before. Kudos to Tom but u think Arod couldn’t perform when he turns 40? He’s 37 now he’s not going to have a rapid decline unless a significant injury to his throwing arm occurs. People talk about Brady age but don’t mention he looked like his age vs good teams this season. He feasted on bad teams which made his stats on the surface look good. You isolate the good teams he face? Different ball game. Yesterday is an example. 55% completion under 300yds with 3 picks that could’ve cost them the game if TB defense doesn’t play it’s ass off. But hey Brady 43 is all that matters.

Listen Tom is a legend and will always have an argument for goat QB. But we got to stop sweeping shit under the rug when it comes to him. Matter of fact I’ll further prove my point here since y mentioned giving this guy kudos for these title game appearances. One second

GOBB
01-25-2021, 10:45 AM
Conference title game performances by the "goat"

0 td 0 int 84.3 rating
0 td 2 int 57.5 rating
1 td 1 int 76.1 rating
1 td 1 int 79.5 rating
1 td 2 int 56.4 rating
1 td 2 int 62.3 rating
1 td 2 int 72.1 rating
2 td 3 int 66.4 rating

Yesterday 3 td 3 int 73.8 rating. And I could be petty and mention 1 TD Tom threw was due to one of the worse calls we've ever seen in that situation (since we are into the dramatics). It reeked of the Jets defensive call vs Raiders earlier in season which got the Def Cord canned (among other things but that was the deal breaker). But I'm not.

Omg he's 43. He's been old getting to these games. Its unreal!

SouBeachTalents
01-25-2021, 10:49 AM

0 td 0 int 84.3 rating
0 td 2 int 57.5 rating
1 td 1 int 76.1 rating
1 td 1 int 79.5 rating
1 td 2 int 56.4 rating
1 td 2 int 62.3 rating
1 td 2 int 72.1 rating
2 td 3 int 66.4 rating

Yesterday 3 td 3 int 73.8 rating. And I could be petty and mention 1 TD Tom threw was due to one of the worse calls we've ever seen in that situation (since we are into the dramatics). It reeked of the Jets defensive call vs Raiders earlier in season which got the Def Cord canned (among other things but that was the deal breaker). But I'm not.

Damn, that's crazy. I had no idea the majority of his title games were so mediocre

Jasper
01-25-2021, 10:54 AM
Gobb you have lost it ....

You know as well as most of us , that bball big men typically retire from 33-37.
Bron even though he is considered a SF has a built up body to take the punishment that the NBA has to give out.
But no matter what you do eating , and gym work , knees and hips finally give out.
If Bron is playing at 40 I will be shocked.

tpols
01-25-2021, 10:55 AM
Quarterbacks don't have to run. If you look at the scope of Brady's physical movement its extremely limited. Drop back a few steps, hand the ball off or throw it. That's it. He's beating people with his mind more than his body making reads. Basketball involves a hugely wider scope of necessary movement, and we all know how slow Brady is now.

GOBB
01-25-2021, 10:56 AM
Damn, that's crazy. I had no idea the majority of his title games were so mediocre

Of course you didn’t because the narrative is Tom Terrific. Tom the goat.

GOBB
01-25-2021, 10:58 AM
Gobb you have lost it ....

You know as well as most of us , that bball big men typically retire from 33-37.
Bron even though he is considered a SF has a built up body to take the punishment that the NBA has to give out.
But no matter what you do eating , and gym work , knees and hips finally give out.
If Bron is playing at 40 I will be shocked.

I’m lost. What did I say that made you reply this way?

And honestly bron may very well play til he is 40. I think he wants to play in the league when his kid gets drafted.

CelticBaller
01-25-2021, 11:21 AM

0 td 0 int 84.3 rating
0 td 2 int 57.5 rating
1 td 1 int 76.1 rating
1 td 1 int 79.5 rating
1 td 2 int 56.4 rating
1 td 2 int 62.3 rating
1 td 2 int 72.1 rating
2 td 3 int 66.4 rating

You’re cherry picking stats, just off the top of my head you don’t have a the AFC title games against the Colts in 2014, Steelers in 2016 and Jaguars in 2017

Fraud

GOBB
01-25-2021, 11:33 AM
You’re cherry picking stats, just off the top of my head you don’t have a the AFC title games against the Colts in 2014, Steelers in 2016 and Jaguars in 2017

Fraud

I posted 9 games out of the 14 he's been too. 9 mediocre games this GOAT has had. Your reply is exactly what I speak of. Folks just find ways to gloss over these things and highlight what they want. Brady started off yesterdays game and you had a boner. Mouth watering. "Tom my hero!". End of the game you don't mention stats, its hey Tom is going to the SB again! Ignore he was throwing the game away and GB couldn't capitalize. Ignore the BS flag in TB favor (pass interference). Or the fact GB went for a FG instead of going for it on 4th.

You want to talk bout a couple good games Tom had to override the majority? Solid.

CelticBaller
01-25-2021, 11:42 AM
GB couldn't capitalize. Ignore the BS flag in TB favor (pass interference). Or the fact GB went for a FG instead of going for it on 4th.

That's on GB, aka Aaron Rodgers

Also how ****ing big of a fraud you have to be to include a game where Brady didn't even finish lmao

edit: this is the guy you suck up to

82: 3 td 3 ints
83: 3td 1 int
84: 1td 2int
88: 3 td 0 int
89: 2td 0 int
90: 1td 0 int
93: 0 td 1int

So by the same standard, he sucked in most of the championship games he played, and he didn't in that many cause he was getting his shit pushed by the Giants

ralph_i_el
01-25-2021, 12:13 PM

^This

And while football has much more contact than basketball, Brady does not take more contact than LeBron. If Brady consistently takes contact, he falls apart.

GOBB
01-25-2021, 12:15 PM
That's on GB, aka Aaron Rodgers

Also how ****ing big of a fraud you have to be to include a game where Brady didn't even finish lmao

edit: this is the guy you suck up to

82: 3 td 3 ints
83: 3td 1 int
84: 1td 2int
88: 3 td 0 int
89: 2td 0 int
90: 1td 0 int
93: 0 td 1int

So by the same standard, he sucked in most of the championship games he played, and he didn't in that many cause he was getting his shit pushed by the Giants

When you say most that means if you list 6 then it means you werent good in a majority of them. Which means 4 out of the 6. Where do you see that at? This is why i can't talk to you dudes.

CelticBaller
01-25-2021, 12:16 PM
I posted 7, if YOU think Brady was bad yesterday then yes, Montana was bad in 4 out of the 7.

GOBB
01-25-2021, 12:17 PM
I posted 7, if YOU think Brady was bad yesterday then yes, Montana was bad in 4 out of the 7.

Where is the 4? I only see 3. You clearly can't count. Shame. I can't wait for your response as youre fact checking yourself right now lookin for a spin. Its lovely.

kawhileonard2
06-04-2022, 11:44 PM
Good post OP!